[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited June 2018
    Trystarr wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

Why would Nexon respond again, when you all completely ignored Arwoo's first response, and continue to argue in the same circles?

Also lets hope the next response by Nexon to this wildly popular complaint is posted on the homepage with an actual solution, not just a comment in a thread.

Edit ** Lets also hope Nexon doesn't act out of spite and not solve a problem that is plaguing a significant portion of the population because a few people are bickering about it.

Hey, where can I find more people like you?
    Also, when I've told to some people in the game about the fact that there are some people who are still bickering about not merging worlds and that they love being in a dead server, every single person I told him that, was really shocked and was like "This is a lie, they must take care of the majority first".

It's also ridiculous because MapleStory is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible, it's not an SG (Solo Game).... so basically if you want a dead server, then MapleStory, as an MMPORG game, is really just not for you.... -_-
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018

I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

Why would Nexon respond again, when you all completely ignored Arwoo's first response, and continue to argue in the same circles?

Also lets hope the next response by Nexon to this wildly popular complaint is posted on the homepage with an actual solution, not just a comment in a thread.

Edit ** Lets also hope Nexon doesn't act out of spite and not solve a problem that is plaguing a significant portion of the population because a few people are bickering about it.

Also, when I've told to some people in the game about the fact that there are some people who are still bickering about not merging worlds and that they love being in a dead server, every single person I told him that, was really shocked and was like "This is a lie, they must take care of the majority first".

It's also ridiculous because MapleStory is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible, it's not an SG (Solo Game).... so basically if you want a dead server, then MapleStory, as an MMPORG game, is really just not for you.... -_-

too bad they have set up many things as a solo player - looking at bosses, many you can go in as a "one-man party" and some after hitting a level limit you can solo [prior you need at least one other character in the party]. Grinding they've tried to address by adding bonus exp but that hasn't really done anything to improve. PQ's are still dead as it's (1) easier to grind elsewhere (2) rewards aren't worth it [high level entry, low level reward] and (3) the exp rate is for a majority isn't worthwhile.

Fix the issue of making the game solo play first, because even if you merge everyone into one world like "the majority" push for, it's still not going to make it a MMORPG as a whole. It'll just put the entire populace [those numbers don't change for the game itself] into one world, that's all it'll do. It won't make it where people are partying up more than they do on the current worlds they play on. Sure it'll be likely to get a tele to bosses like Zak or Horntail, but will those people stay in the party? Likely not. Still solo play.
    WZrkTachikawaHiyoko
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

If we agree the population has decreased regardless of the reason, can we also agree that the number of servers should decrease as well (we don't have to agree on the exact number of servers), to prevent whatever the population is from being spread to thin over so many servers

Of course , I am all for a merge playing in El Nido (GRAZED) at time you see more bots gold selling in henesys than actual people..

I really don't understand why there are still a few people in here don't wanna merge... I understand their want a tiny server where they can play without interruption but still, what about the overwhelming majority like us? I think if we have only 2 options, either merge or not, then of course we must merge.... this is what the overwhelming majority wants and this is what should and must get...
    Or maybe just 3 worlds, a big world such as Bera, and the tiny world such as Scania and the 3rd world which is Reboot, so then people who wants tiny server would go to Scania and those who want great economy with high population will go to Bera, this is so simple...

Can either of you point me to where people are saying anything about not merging anything at all?

Also for Gomen's point...I don't really get what you're supposed to be doing in a party since doing things solo is more efficient the majority of the time. If this wasn't supposed to be the case, then Nexon should buff the exp given from regular partying, party quests, and things like Evo Lab and DI if they're done in a party. As long as the gap between partying and soloing things is this large (compare doing any of those things to doing Monster Park), I'll believe that Nexon wanted people to play alone. It's pretty reasonable.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »

too bad they have set up many things as a solo player - looking at bosses, many you can go in as a "one-man party" and some after hitting a level limit you can solo [prior you need at least one other character in the party]. Grinding they've tried to address by adding bonus exp but that hasn't really done anything to improve. PQ's are still dead as it's (1) easier to grind elsewhere (2) rewards aren't worth it [high level entry, low level reward] and (3) the exp rate is for a majority isn't worthwhile.

Fix the issue of making the game solo play first, because even if you merge everyone into one world like "the majority" push for, it's still not going to make it a MMORPG as a whole. It'll just put the entire populace [those numbers don't change for the game itself] into one world, that's all it'll do. It won't make it where people are partying up more than they do on the current worlds they play on. Sure it'll be likely to get a tele to bosses like Zak or Horntail, but will those people stay in the party? Likely not. Still solo play.

But with the population as low as it is, if they had continued to make it a requirement to have another player to enter a boss, no one would be able to even enter boss battles, because you would never find anyone to meet those requirements. It is neccesary to provide the option of entering bosses solo as the game is now. Even if PQ's were more rewarding and a better way to level up, I would not be able to do them because I would never find anyone. Even when R&J was the best way to get to lvl 150, It took me a very long time to even find people( no one was on channel 1).

As it is now, it wouldn't even matter if PQ's were the best way to level and gave the best rewards, they wouldn't be done in some servers. I don't think ignoring PQ's is the right path to take for the game, I would hope they would return as the best way of leveling, but only if each server has a healthy population that is sufficient enough to gather the required number of players to enter.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    when was Romeo and Juliet ever the best way to get to 150? It took forever even getting to 120
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018
    when was Romeo and Juliet ever the best way to get to 150? It took forever even getting to 120

When did you start playing the game? It was legit a free guaranteed path to 150, It slowed down after 140, but 150 still very doable.

It doesn't make sense to even ask when you started playing the game either, cause it hasn't been hard to get to 150, let alone 120 for a very long time.
    edited June 2018
    well in this instance we're talking about r and j, so I'm obviously not talking about hunting. It took a while in ROMEO and JULIET to get to 120, let alone 150. and i'm talking pre Romeo and Juliet nerf, after that it was even worse getting to 120 there. So it doesn't matter when I started playing since we aren't talking traditional grinding. Understand now?
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018
    well in this instance we're talking about r and j, so I'm obviously not talking about hunting. It took a while in ROMEO and JULIET to get to 120, let alone 150. and i'm talking pre Romeo and Juliet nerf, after that it was even worse getting to 120 there. So it doesn't matter when I started playing since we aren't talking traditional grinding. Understand now?

I was trying to say getting to lvl 120 is easy regardless of the method you use, including R&J (which was most definitely the main way most people used and easiest way to 150 at one point). No matter what method you used getting to lvl 120 hasn't been difficult, hunting or pq, unless if we go back way further in time.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    edited June 2018

I also don't get them.... it really is an MMPORG game... you can't just ask for an empty server, if you're doing so then you shouldn't be playing MapleStory because again, MapleStory is an MMPORG game.... so if you don't like it, leave it.
    edited June 2018
    mmorpgs don't require you to progress by having an active community. and again, this is something that you people seem to be overlooking, no one is saying they want an empty or dead server, we're saying if something does occur with a merge, it shouldn't be all in one, there has to be stability and some choice. I don't understand what seems to be lost in translation. or you guys actively decide to overlook details to continue talking about it.
    WZrkTachikawaHiyoko
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Please bring back World Leap Event: It would give our players more options rather than being forced to merge. If players want a server with higher/lower population, they can have it their way. The lack of overall population can only be resolved with things like advertising the game, streaming, etc. Merging would just be a temporary "band-aid" fix for this issue.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • thanhbinhlabthanhbinhlab
    Reactions: 900
    edited June 2018
    I think we can have a little poll or survey, it would be better this way.
    edited June 2018

polls and surveys wont be efficient to gather necessary data since only a minority of players use the official forum or discord.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018

polls and surveys wont be efficient to gather necessary data since only a minority of players use the official forum or discord.

Can they not give a survey inside the game?
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited June 2018

polls and surveys won't be efficient to gather necessary data since only a minority of players use the official forum or discord.

It will never happen and they will never do that because then it will require them to do so (to merge all the worlds into Bera), and we all know Nexon doesn't wanna do it, along with DarkPassenger of course.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    my windy bacon
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    my windy bacon

Please do not try to change the subject, do not troll as well, I know you're trying to make this thread to get closed by saying/trolling things that are not even related to the main subject of this thread.

It will not slow us down, we'll continue to fight until we (the majority) get what we want which is merging all the worlds into Bera.
    "Let the merge begin".
  • WZrkWZrk
    edited June 2018

polls and surveys won't be efficient to gather necessary data since only a minority of players use the official forum or discord.

It will never happen and they will never do that because then it will require them to do so (to merge all the worlds into Bera), and we all know Nexon doesn't wanna do it, along with DarkPassenger of course.

Sure, surveys won't happen; but definitely not because of your reason, even if most people claimed that they wanted to merge all worlds. Going along with your train of thought, if Nexon released a survey on the state of the game and most respondents replied with "all cubes should automatically tier all items up to legendary with optimal lines," Nexon would have to do it. That's inane logic.

Nexon would have to be content with the fact that many people wouldn't respond and that the results could have been skewed as a result of something happening within the time frame of the survey (kinda like everyone rallying to go to Bera). And even if they wanted to merge worlds, they do have a schedule to follow; they can't just drop everything to follow the whims of the userbase.

Edit:
    NicholasB wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    my windy bacon

Please do not try to change the subject, do not troll as well, I know you're trying to make this thread to get closed by saying/trolling things that are not even related to the main subject of this thread.

It will not slow us down, we'll continue to fight until we (the majority) get what we want which is merging all the worlds into Bera.
    "Let the merge begin".

my = Mardia, Yellonde; windy = Windia; bacon = bckn (Bellocan, Chaos, Kradia, Nova). It would be a legitimate thing if Nexon decided to merge these worlds. In no way is that comment off topic, nor is it a troll; it's harmless theorycrafting (if Nexon merged these worlds, then it would make "my windy bacon"). You targeting a comment like this along with your and several others' persistent comments about Nexon merging everything without bringing up/considering benefits & drawbacks just makes me think that you guys aren't looking at any of this and are only arguing for your own interests.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    bacon is an acronym for the alliance and windy I presume is for windia, jushiro is saying there should be more than one server.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    All in all, it's hard taking some of you that are for the merge seriously for numerous reasons being: 1. making outlandish claims without any evidence to support them should there be a merge, most if not all simply being wishful thinking, 2. using statistics and numbers that make no sense, 3. outrageous claims that some of us created multiple forum accounts to provide support for our own opinion on the topic, without any evidence to support the claim.
This discussion has been closed.