[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• HinksyHinksy
    Reactions: 200
    Totally up for a merge or at least another transfer period. Is there a cash shop item for world transfers at the moment? I've returned from years of hiatus and I'm on Khiani which is a seemingly dead server. :(
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2018
    Hinksy wrote: »
    Totally up for a merge or at least another transfer period. Is there a cash shop item for world transfers at the moment? I've returned from years of hiatus and I'm on Khiani which is a seemingly dead server. :(

I also playing in Khaini, this is a ghost town... I only see botters....
    Been searching for people in so many places, couldn't find, not even 1 single person...
    LET the merge begin.
    Hinksy
  • HinksyHinksy
    edited July 2018
    Totally up for a merge or at least another transf

I also playing in Khaini, this is a ghost town... I only see botters....
    Been searching for people in so many places, couldn't find, not even 1 single person...
    LET the merge begin.

I'm just trying to grind back up to a popular level of play. I'm only 112 with a bunch of old gear. Seems like PQ's have changed quite a lot since I played.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2018
    Most khaini players either quit, went to other games, or joined the reboot server like myself. I'm not against them merging the normal servers. Might finally get them to release 40 channels sooner rather than never.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited July 2018
    Hakufu wrote: »
    Most khaini players either quit, went to other games, or joined the reboot server like myself. I'm not against them merging the normal servers. Might finally get them to release 40 channels sooner rather than never.

i am a khaini baby and left during the last merge. I was going to stay but our journey had to continue so we went to bera. but i miss khaini every day.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    Back to the main discussion, there is the option to leave the servers and alliances intact and have population changes when Nexon decides to make a world leap event or to have server merge or make a larger alliance. If you just started in Maplestory or didn't make significant progress in your server, all suggestions sound the same as long it allows you to see players you want to see or just want more players to interact with.

The first idea sounds somewhat dumb because players choose where they want to go (I'm not against players having choices.) The problem with that we are not going to have an even population and Bera could go from crowded to dangerously crowded while other servers just dry up. The inverse of this can happen where ifBera becomes unavailable and someone shouts "Let's make Broni HUUUGE!" and Broni because the new Bera.

For TRUE merges, people who made 46+ characters by extending their armies into other allying worlds would have to "kill" or delete some mules. There is another conflict with storage if storage is overfilled and you decide to merge storage with raising the capacity of the safe itself. Worlds merging into one like Kradia + Dementhos = Luna (not DK) in EMS might had came with some character deletions if they went past the limit Pre-V and items in storage getting changed if one stuffed one to full capacity.

World Alliances are sloppy on the surface since the world selection screen does not look simplified. The beauty of alliances is that any personal progress such as storage expansion is kept and you don't need to worry about deleting characters. To Scanians, Windians and Berans, each of the worlds in an alliance have separate Reward Point Shop purchase limit as well as attendance checks.

Whether we are given the choice to move or Nexon plans on merging or allying our severs, I can guarantee no one wants to have to deal with other sacrifices or have to redo other tedious tasks. These things include re-expanding storage, redoing monster collection and as mentioned above, deleting characters and having to fit items into storage and character rosters.

I find the idea of having quiet worlds for players would backfire. Not only it is like going to an empty store or having no customers, some content and events won't work the few player(s) in the ghost town will be severely weaker. If I were the only person in GRAZED right now, minigames from the Ark Discovery events and games like Bingo will fail to initiate due to not having not enough players.

I would personally choose to alliance with other servers even thought it makes world selection look busy when are actually less worlds (like how auditoriums have two sets of doors and not different rooms.) Being in an alliance salvages a lot of progress and players who don't play in an allianced server will enjoy the perks of being in an alliance.

I am curious, would you want to wait for world leap, ask for a merge, or have Nexon forge alliances? And regardless whether they mix populations or use either method of addition, more channels per world would be helpful. :P

I am still curious which solution you hope Nexon is going with or what you guys have in mind. Just saying "merge" is not detailed unless you are specifying a MERGE and not an alliance or a leap. In my own thread, we were fighting for flames and did specify that we want KMS's version of flames and not MSEA's and mentioned that we did not want the scissor count while having all the tiers and being able to craft them.

This may sound crazy, but I believe Nexon will take our suggestions seriously if we know EXACTLY what we want and are not just supporting the idea.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited July 2018
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I would like:

Less overall servers - remove alliances and possibly merge some or all of the normal servers.

Enable 40 channels for all of the servers.

Add portals that lead to instanced versions of popular leveling/farming maps such as Silent Swamp, Sahel 2, Red nosed pirate den 2, Forsaken Excavation site 2, Slurpy forest depths, and/or Cavern Lower Path. (probably only if they don't enable 40 channels)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Add portals that lead to instanced versions of popular leveling/farming maps such as Silent Swamp, Sahel 2, Red nosed pirate den 2, Forsaken Excavation site 2, Slurpy forest depths, and/or Cavern Lower Path. (probably only if they don't enable 40 channels)

The Maple Leaf Council proposed instanced training dungeons a suggestion. It received a resoundingly negative reaction from the community.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

The Maple Leaf Council proposed instanced training dungeons a suggestion. It received a resoundingly negative reaction from the community.

Wow that's actually surprising, people loved it when they did it with newties and zombie mushrooms in pre-bigbang. Just makes me wonder what was the reasoning for the negative reaction now?

Edited, from looking around it was either because of issues actively going on in the game that they thought were being ignored so community was jaded, fear of the autoban system working incorrectly in instanced maps, or they enjoy contested maps where people go out of there way to ks others over things like having higher burning or the other channels being full.

The context of what kind of maps and how it would be introduced could have also been an issue. Is there a link or image of the suggested proposition?
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Back to the main discussion, there is the option to leave the servers and alliances intact and have population changes when Nexon decides to make a world leap event or to have server merge or make a larger alliance. If you just started in Maplestory or didn't make significant progress in your server, all suggestions sound the same as long it allows you to see players you want to see or just want more players to interact with.

The first idea sounds somewhat dumb because players choose where they want to go (I'm not against players having choices.) The problem with that we are not going to have an even population and Bera could go from crowded to dangerously crowded while other servers just dry up. The inverse of this can happen where ifBera becomes unavailable and someone shouts "Let's make Broni HUUUGE!" and Broni because the new Bera.

For TRUE merges, people who made 46+ characters by extending their armies into other allying worlds would have to "kill" or delete some mules. There is another conflict with storage if storage is overfilled and you decide to merge storage with raising the capacity of the safe itself. Worlds merging into one like Kradia + Dementhos = Luna (not DK) in EMS might had came with some character deletions if they went past the limit Pre-V and items in storage getting changed if one stuffed one to full capacity.

World Alliances are sloppy on the surface since the world selection screen does not look simplified. The beauty of alliances is that any personal progress such as storage expansion is kept and you don't need to worry about deleting characters. To Scanians, Windians and Berans, each of the worlds in an alliance have separate Reward Point Shop purchase limit as well as attendance checks.

Whether we are given the choice to move or Nexon plans on merging or allying our severs, I can guarantee no one wants to have to deal with other sacrifices or have to redo other tedious tasks. These things include re-expanding storage, redoing monster collection and as mentioned above, deleting characters and having to fit items into storage and character rosters.

I find the idea of having quiet worlds for players would backfire. Not only it is like going to an empty store or having no customers, some content and events won't work the few player(s) in the ghost town will be severely weaker. If I were the only person in GRAZED right now, minigames from the Ark Discovery events and games like Bingo will fail to initiate due to not having not enough players.

I would personally choose to alliance with other servers even thought it makes world selection look busy when are actually less worlds (like how auditoriums have two sets of doors and not different rooms.) Being in an alliance salvages a lot of progress and players who don't play in an allianced server will enjoy the perks of being in an alliance.

I am curious, would you want to wait for world leap, ask for a merge, or have Nexon forge alliances? And regardless whether they mix populations or use either method of addition, more channels per world would be helpful. :P

I am still curious which solution you hope Nexon is going with or what you guys have in mind. Just saying "merge" is not detailed unless you are specifying a MERGE and not an alliance or a leap. In my own thread, we were fighting for flames and did specify that we want KMS's version of flames and not MSEA's and mentioned that we did not want the scissor count while having all the tiers and being able to craft them.

This may sound crazy, but I believe Nexon will take our suggestions seriously if we know EXACTLY what we want and are not just supporting the idea.

Alliance, im guessing will be the the best of the two, assuming that its physically impossible to keep all skill links and character cards if a world merge happens.

Having a world transfer event could make things worse, as already explained. In this thread I have said merge everything into bera then create another world, and add more channels to each and then hava world transfer option to choose between a dead world or active world. But now i think I willbe happy with just having at least one more active world.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

In today's maple what's the difference. We can't check up on suspected hackers anymore when you can block htr, /find doesn't eixst anymore, and they can be "offline".
  • GhrouchyGhrouchy
    Reactions: 300
    In all honesty i just want a merge because i have items on chaos and broa.. they died out and isnt fun playing on when no one is around. So then i went to Scania and it is also dead or soon to be. I would just like to say maybe instead of a merge, we could shrink. Meaning the Main servers unite into one or two for east/west coast and reboot gains additional worlds because of the numerous amount of players on there.
    in doing so, you will not only allow old players to have the gear they have lost from playing on older servers but to also gain that crucial point of maplestory and thats fun with freinds!
  • RandomLiarRandomLiar
    Reactions: 100
    A merge needs to happen if nexon wants to see me and my friends pump more money into the game.
    I used to cube and stuff quite bit but since i missed out on the world transfer i just stopped playing all together because theres no community to enjoy anymore.
  • HinksyHinksy
    edited July 2018
    I'm really not sure what to make of it. I've re-rolled a new hero on Reboot and I'm already 90 after a couple of days. The channels are always full, but where the hell is everyone? I haven't found and cannot find anyone to PQ with at any point in time. Nobody wants to Boss queue. Am I missing something? Are these people all just inactive top-tier players lazing about now? Am I just too low to find any action for PQ's yet? I've stumbled across maybe ten active players in my channels as I'm grinding and questing.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I'm really not sure what to make of it. I've re-rolled a new hero on Reboot and I'm already 90 after a couple of days. The channels are always full, but where the hell is everyone? I haven't found and cannot find anyone to PQ with at any point in time. Nobody wants to Boss queue. Am I missing something? Are these people all just inactive top-tier players lazing about now? Am I just too low to find any action for PQ's yet? I've stumbled across maybe ten active players in my channels as I'm grinding and questing.

Party quests are not popular.
    As far as boss queues go, I couldn't tell you.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    depend on the time, the simplest answer may be they did their dailies or if i's easy zak, you most likely wont find a queue
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

As Neospector said, PQs are no longer popular. They don't give good exp or rewards.
    As for boss queue, most people in Reboot use Hyper Teleport Rocks (sold in the Cash Shop for meso) to get around.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited July 2018

Too easy.
    Merge all the worlds with Bera, also just by saying "Just saying "merge" is not detailed", it doesn't make you right.
    We say merge because this is the only solution.
    There's no need for details, really.
    Just merge all the worlds with Bera, and of course, take care of botters/hackers as much as possible, I believe, if Nexon want to, they can easily take care of at least half of them, this is just way too easy, they just need to DO it, not talk about it, less talking, more banning. we need deeds, not words. and we need and want them now.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Cadena91 wrote: »

Too easy.
    Merge all the worlds with Bera, also just by saying "Just saying "merge" is not detailed", it doesn't make you right.
    Just merge all the worlds with Bera, and of course, take care of botters/hackers as much as possible, I believe, if Nexon want to, they can easily take care of at least half of them, this is just way too easy, they just need to DO it, not talk about it, less talking, more banning. we need deeds, not words. and we need and want them now.

Details are very important in any plan implemented.

"Oh, hey, let's build a hecking building."
    "sure, you got the blue prints and details of materials needed, how things need to go? How building the building will affect the surroundings, the foundation the building will be built on?"
    "Nah man, not important, this building has to be built, it's the only thing we need to know." "not important man, details just not imoprtant."

So, YOU do need to address why it is "the only solution" how YOU think Nexon can take care of botters/hackers if they wanted to. If youre telling them to do it, you need to explain why it's so easy to do. They arent mind readers. The burden of proof is on YOU alone, since youre saying this stuff.

If youre not willing to give the details or explain yourself with these vague statements/reasons, then this no longer counts as a request nor a suggestion, but a demand. And I don't think Nexon should have to take unreasonable demands from someone that cannot explain why these things are so easy.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2018
    Cadena91 wrote: »

Too easy.

Details are very important in any plan implemented.

"Oh, hey, let's build a hecking building."
    "sure, you got the blue prints and details of materials needed, how things need to go? How building the building will affect the surroundings, the foundation the building will be built on?"
    "Nah man, not important, this building has to be built, it's the only thing we need to know." "not important man, details just not imoprtant."

So, YOU do need to address why it is "the only solution" how YOU think Nexon can take care of botters/hackers if they wanted to. If youre telling them to do it, you need to explain why it's so easy to do. They arent mind readers. The burden of proof is on YOU alone, since youre saying this stuff.

If youre not willing to give the details or explain yourself with these vague statements/reasons, then this no longer counts as a request nor a suggestion, but a demand. And I don't think Nexon should have to take unreasonable demands from someone that cannot explain why these things are so easy.

I mentioned this before, but if there was less worlds, theoretically it should be easier easier for mods to keep an eye out and have surveillance on bots? Not saying it has to be 1 world, but just less then the number of worlds we have now.
This discussion has been closed.