[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Arcane River Droplets need a revamp.

FutureChrisFutureChris
Reactions: 2,220
Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi. I'm a 241 Kaiser in [Reboot] who's trying to work towards an Arcane sword (regardless of the new starforce meta). In Reboot, you have to earn all 240 droplets yourself just for the weapon. As for all the other equips, I'm not certain I am certain, however, that it's a bit asinine that I only net about 1 to 3 droplet stones in two hours of farming with full drop equipment and a 2x drop coupon. Truth be told, I've only got 38 droplets in storage. At this rate, I wouldn't be able to get the remaining 202 for at least 7 years. I don't have the time to farm for 8 hours straight like some people would for these things and I think that nobody should have to. So perhaps the system could be changed a bit, hm?

I have three ideas that would definitely quicken the process and get a whole lot more people ready for Tenebris:

1. Introduce daily quests for droplet stones, much like scrapyard dailies.
Easier said than done, of course. These would act in the same vein of the scrapyard dailies, offering players a set amount of droplets per day, allowing them to get a general idea on when they'd be able to hit the big 240, rather than relying on them to drop.

Or...
2. Increase the drop rate for droplet stones.
Supposedly, hunting down all 240 was an easier task before the big drop rate nerf last year, much like nodestones. Because of this, 240 became less of a tedious task, and more of a daunting, intimidating number that everyone knows today. If the rate was boosted to, say, the rate of nodestones, it would be reasonable to the people that put in the time.

Or...
3. Lower the coin requirement in the Lachelein, Morass, and Esfera stores
I'm going to be blunt on this one. To get the whole set of the hat, shoulder, weapon, boots, gloves, and cape, you'll need to obtain:
720 Lach droplets/ 72 Lucid Droplets - Around 36 Runs
320 Esfera droplets / 32 Will Droplets - Around 32 Runs

To me, that just looks like an insane amount of time and effort. For normal servers, this doesn't seem to be much of an issue because of the trading systems. However, because Reboot doesn't have trading, we'd have to get everything ourselves. Which is why I'm suggesting for this third option that the coin requirement be reduced from 24/16 to something reasonably less.

Big things are coming soon, just ask anyone who keeps up with KMS's updates. Those bosses and areas are gonna require people to be MUCH stronger than they already are now, and I think easing up on the requirements for Umbra stuff would be a big step in that direction.
AggraphineTzumeraPirateIzzySevienArgentDFDFDDaxterbeerReoshikaiDarkZettaTensesand 9 others.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yup, totally agree with Arcane River Droplets needing an overhaul. I would personally be fine with daily quests, or even if Lucid herself dropped 3-5 per run. The current system as it is just does not work - it is far too time-consuming to do.
    Tzumeradarik
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    Definitely. The current amount is just so unrealistic that it requires you to basically devote your life to nothing but farming for weeks if not months. I've trained 220 though 228 at Lach/Arcana and I'm at exactly ONE droplet.
    darikMangie75
  • QcSandOfTimeQcSandOfTime
    Reactions: 870
    edited July 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Definitely. The current amount is just so unrealistic that it requires you to basically devote your life to nothing but farming for weeks if not months. I've trained 220 though 228 at Lach/Arcana and I'm at exactly ONE droplet.

I feel you I grinded from 220 to 235 and only got 16 droplets
    darik
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited July 2018
    I agree as well... I'm level 241, almost 242 and I only have 52 droplets. If they make a daily for 1 droplet a day, I'll be extremely happy.
    darik
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2018
    Honestly I'm surprised Nexon hasn't implemented a daily system for Droplets. It's a very common scenario to hit 250 and only be 20-30% of the way to your Arcane Weapon, if even.
    darik
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited July 2018
    Would be great if they reverted the terrible drop rate nerf which made it even worse for f2p players. Didn't balance anything. Just slowed down endgame players.

Some good suggestions here though. I'd def like a daily system for droplets. The drop rate is something that was brought up a while back but I guess there were more important things that got peoples attention back then. The drop rate of droplets and also SYMBOLS needs a drastic increase to at least be the same as the nodestone drop rate.
    Mangie75darik
  • PepexuPepexu
    Reactions: 835
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Up! I agree <3
  • TzumeraTzumera
    Reactions: 650
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I'm level 240 with 180% drop rate,have only 42 droplets, and12 lucid droplets, i'm giving up my umbra, and going to absolab 22* =/.
    The hardest thing isn't lucid, but the droplets.
    FutureChris
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    edited August 2018
    Tzumera wrote: »
    I'm level 240 with 180% drop rate,have only 42 droplets, and12 lucid droplets, i'm giving up my umbra, and going to absolab 22* =/.
    The hardest thing isn't lucid, but the droplets.

It's a bit off-putting to realize that fighting Lucid isn't even the hard part of obtaining Umbra stuff, it's the tons of grinding. I mean, there's a good chance that most people are 250 by the time they even get their umbra weapon.
    Tzumera
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    I would love to see a daily at lach that gives 1 droplet a day. And another daily at Arcana and so on. Getting stronger as an f2p is hard enough as it is. As a lvl 223 with 17k main stat and 500 AF Lucid is still out of my league, so I'm not expecting an Umbra any time soon (recent practice run showed me just how far out of my league Lucid is). But by the time i can properly join Lucid runs, I'll expect to get an umbra at some point. The droplets from the boss should be harder to get than the regular ones. Found 3 droplets so far, 237 to go... I don't play on reboot so i could always buy them from the auction house. But honestly there are enough things that you need a lot of mesos for already. If possible I'd much rather farm them or do dailies for them. Faint stones and dif cores have dailies, so why not droplets?

Nodes and symbols are fine the way are now imho. Nodes drop often enough that you can lvl and max your most important skills over time. Symbols droprate is very very poor, but we have dailies to make up for that. It's good enough.
  • AcidusAcidus
    Reactions: 950
    edited August 2018
    Bumping this thread as this topic still needs attention. The current drop rate for droplets, with the current conversion rate for coins, is far too unreasonable to ask of players especially in Reboot. I've been training in Esfera recently and despite the poor symbol drop rate, I've still gotten more symbols than droplets.
    darik
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    edited August 2018
    While this thread is still relatively up in the suggestions sub-forum again, I'd like to take a second to update my thoughts on the third option.

With the introduction of Genesis weapons (With us most likely getting them in... Late February/March?) and the 275 cap, I'd like to emphasize the reduction of coins needed to obtain the set pieces. The only issue with that is that Nexon Korea only introduced Genesis weapons that are considered a lucky item that go with any set, which pretty much de-confirms a Genesis armor set to me. Regardless, being locked to Absolab until late 240's-250's because of bad luck with droplets seems a bit nonsensical. I would go as far as to imagine some players would skip the Arcane weapon outright and just get a Genesis after they finish their Limen quests because they were only holding onto 150(ish) droplets at the time.

I would love to hear other maplers' thoughts on these revamp ideas, especially now considering KMST's addition of the new weapons and whatnot.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited September 2018
    i'm getting to a point where i couldn't fully commit to get the 240 arcane droplets due to school. so at least make it easier for us to get a good small number everyday
  • AdrianHooliganAdrianHooligan
    Reactions: 100
    Bumping this.
  • Peter1235Peter1235
    Reactions: 630
    edited January 2019
    bumping his. Please we need daily/weekly quest for droplet. I have been farming for days and only 1 droplet(i know its rng) with 160% drop rate (equipment only not counting spider+wealthpot). Players shouldnt need to farm 24/7 everyday to get a weapon. this is why player quits since its too much grinding. The end game of maplestory makes other grinding games looks like baby talks.
    Skyfall1989
This discussion has been closed.