[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'm so disappointed... Too Many Hackers Reach 250!

Comments

• YuasiYuasi
    Reactions: 200
    every single channel for training you see a kanna hacking lmfao. they literally hack in the most common training spots too. Literally EVERY channel.
  • ShyOreoShyOreo
    Reactions: 430
    edited August 2018
    TONS AND TONS of items on Auction house for cheap "occult cubes, cubic blades, clean slates, spelltraces, flames, and a lot more
    I think nexon is blind.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited August 2018
    darik wrote: »
    As true as it may be ( because I agree, 250 in a few days IS sketchy), it is circumstantial, if Nexon runs an investigation on those account logs and no evidence of hacking programs are found, can they really do anything?

Sketchy? Its clearly a sign of hacking, theres a guy on EU reboot thats playing 18hrs a day and still is realllllyyyy far from 250, and its been like 16 days?.

Lol, that's DarkPassenger for you, he's always, always protecting nexon, even when it's just way too clear... but then again, even though no one is a fool and we know the truth, this his opinion and I respect that.
    Pigaba wrote: »
    As true as it may be ( because I agree, 250 in a few days IS sketchy), it is circumstantial, if Nexon runs an investigation on those account logs and no evidence of hacking programs are found, can they really do anything?

That's like saying "hmmm this guy has the knife with victim's blood, and is wearing clothes covered in blood, has history of psychotic break, and his whereabouts during the murder is unknown........but is he really the culprit??"

Haha, so true.
    And yes, that's DarkPassenger for you, he's always, always protecting nexon, even when it's just way too clear... but then again, even though no one is a fool and we know the truth, this his opinion and I respect that.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Im not protecting anyone, it's simple, you cant take action based on circumstantial evidence, and I already said I agreed that that's sketchy, downright incriminating. Nexon just needs the actual proof of program use.

I dont understand how thats protecting, it's just common sense. So leave your personal afflictions towards me aside (based on different opinions) and stick to the topic at hand. It's ok to seek solidarity amongst those with similar opinions or those that oppose me, but at least make it have substance when you oppose another's opinions/statements, dont just try to call out saying "he's protecting Nexon."

As far as that analogy goes, exactly what would be the "murder weapon" in the situation? being 250? or is that the bloody clothes? What part of the situation would be the "past examples of / history of psychotic break"?

Wouldnt the murder weapon allude to hacking programs used? While the bloody clothes represent the state of being 250? Bloody clothes is reasonable cause of suspicion, yes. But these alleged hackers arent holding a "murder weapon" as of yet, until Nexon iinvestigates. As for a history of psychotic breaks, thats extra unless these are repeat offenders, which they probably are, we just dont know who they are obviously. Nor nexon for that matter, could be new accounts entirely, so no link to their main accounts if they have one.

That's what you call a false analogy, if you dont know how it works; you believe the comparison. Exhibit A: how you fell for that comparison.

Reactions: 735
    edited August 2018
    Well here's the thing, a lot of the top botters who are 230+ use a add-on for the software that logs the better off when a GM is visible on the server.
    So when the GM logs out the add-on brings botters back in.
    So not sure if they have something to combat that, even if they have a non-GM account go look if the better is gonna CC then yeah...
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited August 2018
    Im not protecting anyone, it's simple, you cant take action based on circumstantial evidence, and I already said I agreed that that's sketchy, downright incriminating. Nexon just needs the actual proof of program use.

I dont understand how thats protecting, it's just common sense. So leave your personal afflictions towards me aside (based on different opinions) and stick to the topic at hand. It's ok to seek solidarity amongst those with similar opinions or those that oppose me, but at least make it have substance when you oppose another's opinions/statements, dont just try to call out saying "he's protecting Nexon."

As far as that analogy goes, exactly what would be the "murder weapon" in the situation? being 250? or is that the bloody clothes? What part of the situation would be the "past examples of / history of psychotic break"?

Wouldnt the murder weapon allude to hacking programs used? While the bloody clothes represent the state of being 250? Bloody clothes is reasonable cause of suspicion, yes. But these alleged hackers arent holding a "murder weapon" as of yet, until Nexon iinvestigates. As for a history of psychotic breaks, thats extra unless these are repeat offenders, which they probably are, we just dont know who they are obviously. Nor nexon for that matter, could be new accounts entirely, so no link to their main accounts if they have one.

That's what you call a false analogy, if you dont know how it works; you believe the comparison. Exhibit A: how you fell for that comparison.

It's called, being "politically correct", what it means is just as someone has already mentioned, there's this guy has the knife with victim's blood, and is wearing clothes covered in blood, has history of psychotic break, and his whereabouts during the murder is unknown........but is he really the culprit?

Basically, there is no technical proof that it's really him, but that's exactly what a "being politically correct" would say and do in order to protect the evil ones, this is kinda what lawyers usually do, this is their job, even though, deep down, they know for a fact that they're protecting and helping a killer, criminal, they don't care, why? because they're getting $$ from him.

So you either blind for not seeing the truth (because you're being politically correct, 100000% proof or nothing! even though it's so clear, or nothing!)
    Or, 2nd option is that you're being blind on purpose, because that's your will, to be blind, for a certain reason, whatever your reason is.

I think, to understand the meaning of being politically correct is to read again and think deeply about what that guy said, about the "murder, with knife with victim's blood", etc, because this is just so true.

To accept the reality and the truth as it is or to continue to be blind (either on purpose or not, it doesn't mean, it'd get you to the same results), this is your choice.

But to be honest, I, personally, would really prefer honest and real friends, who really think truth and say truth and see the reality exactly as it is, without being politically correct.

But then again, this is your life, your choice.

We're all free to think and do as we wish.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    When did I say otherwise in regards to the 250 in EU reboot have a high probability of botting/hacking? I've acknowledged it twice. My point was can Nexon take action without tangible evidence, other than circumstantial, that they did? If you couldn't realize this point, then you are too personally involved when I write something. Don't focus on who is writing, but what is being written.

Everything else, youre talking about your personal feelings, that, I do not care about. I don't care about your fallacious arguments, nor am I trying to be your friend. Implying I'm not being honest. Based on your other comments that we've been on opposite ends, I do not care for your way of thinking or your methods of discourse.

Nothing personal though, we're just talking business. So, keep personal feelings aside and let's talk specifics.
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited August 2018
    When did I say otherwise in regards to the 250 in EU reboot have a high probability of botting/hacking? I've acknowledged it twice. My point was can Nexon take action without tangible evidence, other than circumstantial, that they did? If you couldn't realize this point, then you are too personally involved when I write something. Don't focus on who is writing, but what is being written.

Everything else, youre talking about your personal feelings, that, I do not care about. I don't care about your fallacious arguments, nor am I trying to be your friend. Implying I'm not being honest. Based on your other comments that we've been on opposite ends, I do not care for your way of thinking or your methods of discourse.

Nothing personal though, we're just talking business. So, keep personal feelings aside and let's talk specifics.

High probability? have you lost your mind? of course they're botters... this is impossible to reach lvl 250 in just a day or two...
    And I have to agree with NicholasB... I just saw now someone, his ign is, well, let's just say that his ign is actually saying, very very clearly, that he used hacks, he was lvl 249, almost completely naked, -1 fame, and now he just changed his ign and hit lvl 250, he, of course, has no guild at all, no chairs no nothing, he is currently at Ch 1, Bera, Henesys Park.
    And this guy, basically, according to the way you judge and look at things, you can't ban him, cus we don't really have a proof that he used hacks... but one really really must be blind not to tell what's going on...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Haha, so true.
    And yes, that's DarkPassenger for you, he's always, always protecting nexon, even when it's just way too clear... but then again, even though no one is a fool and we know the truth, this his opinion and I respect that.
    NicholasB wrote: »
    It's called, being "politically correct", what it means is just as someone has already mentioned, there's this guy has the knife with victim's blood, and is wearing clothes covered in blood, has history of psychotic break, and his whereabouts during the murder is unknown........but is he really the culprit?

Basically, there is no technical proof that it's really him, but that's exactly what a "being politically correct" would say and do in order to protect the evil ones, this is kinda what lawyers usually do, this is their job, even though, deep down, they know for a fact that they're protecting and helping a killer, criminal, they don't care, why? because they're getting $$ from him.

So you either blind for not seeing the truth (because you're being politically correct, 100000% proof or nothing! even though it's so clear, or nothing!)
    Or, 2nd option is that you're being blind on purpose, because that's your will, to be blind, for a certain reason, whatever your reason is.

I think, to understand the meaning of being politically correct is to read again and think deeply about what that guy said, about the "murder, with knife with victim's blood", etc, because this is just so true.

To accept the reality and the truth as it is or to continue to be blind (either on purpose or not, it doesn't mean, it'd get you to the same results), this is your choice.

But to be honest, I, personally, would really prefer honest and real friends, who really think truth and say truth and see the reality exactly as it is, without being politically correct.

But then again, this is your life, your choice.

We're all free to think and do as we wish.

You two need to cut it out. Don't attack others over differing opinions.

I will say not to provoke others. Part of arguing is knowing when to walk away.

Nexon has been made aware of the issue. Keep this thread civil, and keep it within the code of conduct.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2018
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Botters all over the map= not banned
    Spam bots all over ch1 Henesy of every world advertising meso sites= not banned
    Hackers reaching 250 in a week= ???

Based on the trend, take a wild guess on what will happen to the obvious hackers who reached 250.

Frankly, I quit training a long time ago because of this reason, back then it also was unfair but these days this is just out of control.
    plikken wrote: »
    eu reboot in 1 week lvl 250 arks please look into this

Wow, there are already that many lvl 250 arks in EU Reboot? O.o
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2018
    I just wanted to mention that there are A LOT of hackers in the lab server. These are actual players hacking on their MAIN accounts and this is a perfect opportunity to wipe a lot of them out and set an example. These people are hacking on less popular maps to avoid being caught considering the huge population of Lab.

I hope something can be done about it since we no longer have the tools to track them down and record evidence. Nexon took those away from us....
    HuskyDM
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    ehh some things look like wont change
    pointless fight eachother when its all same for years
    Peep wrote: »
    I just wanted to mention that there are A LOT of hackers in the lab server. These are actual players hacking on their MAIN accounts and this is a perfect opportunity to wipe a lot of them out and set an example. These people are hacking on less popular maps to avoid being caught considering the huge population of Lab.

I hope something can be done about it since we no longer have the tools to track them down and record evidence. Nexon took those away from us....

yea well hackers become normal thing when they hack around its "fine"
    but sux and gets even worse when they try kill-hurt other that still trying legit enjoy the game as it is
    untill they say enough and quit-semi quit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe one day NEXON NA will mange to fix
    untill then try enjoy as it is =)
    maybe try other version like KMS or other game =)
    edited August 2018

Still many ways to locate botters, there is only 20 channels, being in the right channel at the right time is all that is required, I have a permanent hyper rock so getting to the maps is pretty fast.
    What leaks a botters location and they can't prevent it from happening is when the Elite Boss message goes up, once the Elite Boss message is posted that botters map is leaked and likely if it's a botter that is 210+ well it's game over for that botter because likely the channel the botter is in at the time of spawning the Elite Boss is likely the main channel that the botter logs in on every time the botter crashes or disconnects.
    This is how easy it is to catch botters and know where they bot at.

If Nexon really realized that handling botters wouldn't be a problem, It's not hard to check them area's every so many days, the problem comes from lack of people doing there job...
    (07:20:06) GM Sadasop: Okay. I have included these names as well on our list.
    (07:20:20) -snip-: [REMOVED] is the ticket i made about them
    (07:20:49) GM Sadasop: However, we can't provide you the exact duration on when these will be investigated or discuss to you the details of our investigation but these are now included on our list for today.
    (07:21:07) GM Sadasop: I was able to view your ticket as well.
    (07:21:16) GM Sadasop: Thank you again for the report, -snip-.
    (07:21:49) GM Sadasop: If you have more character names for me or if you want to follow up another character reports, please let me know, okay?
    (07:21:56) GM Sadasop: May I ask if you have another account or game question that I can address for you?
    (07:22:56) -snip-: Nope that would be all hopefully you're able to catch them in the act of botting, they do CC and will likely log out when a GM logs into the server
    (07:23:35) GM Sadasop: That is our goal everyday, -snip-!

And well them botters are still not banned I guess something came up that day right? So maybe another time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• FromChinaFromChina
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    Keep calm when problems crop up
  • DaemoniserDaemoniser
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited August 2018
    Aaaaaand my legit account on EU reboot just got banned for kanna meso farming with teleport method...
    I just opened ticket, and loosing time, waiting for case to solve ;(
    Banning wrong people ;x
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited August 2018

Do this Nexon, show us that you care.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    snip

I don't have a problem finding them but it's important to note they all use auto cc which is incredibly fast. Which is why in most cases you will need to find them multiple times to demonstrate in the video that they are indeed using auto cc and hacks in general. Right now with the changes Nexon has made to the HTR and /find this is hardly viable. Such a shame really.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited August 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    ehh some things look like wont change
    pointless fight eachother when its all same for years

yea well hackers become normal thing when they hack around its "fine"
    but sux and gets even worse when they try kill-hurt other that still trying legit enjoy the game as it is
    untill they say enough and quit-semi quit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe one day NEXON NA will mange to fix
    untill then try enjoy as it is =)
    maybe try other version like KMS or other game =)

Yeah, that's true.
    HuskyDM wrote: »

Do this Nexon, show us that you care.

I think this is a good reason as to why they won't do it...

• BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited August 2018

Good point, hopefully, Nexon will actually do that (though we all know it won't happen).
    edited August 2018
    Some times I don't know what to think about this company one minute I start losing faith in it the next they seem to surprise me, but they kinda remind me of kids, you always have to keep reminding them to do something, so It's been about 5 months I think and finally the GM's have handled I believe 5-6 botters I've been reporting in GRAZED happen to notice I went up to rank 10 now in Arcania appears they hit 2 botters that were 24x now I just gotta get them to check a few other botters ...
    Pretty obvious who's a botter and who is not...
    2600 wrote: »
    snip

I don't have a problem finding them but it's important to note they all use auto cc which is incredibly fast. Which is why in most cases you will need to find them multiple times to demonstrate in the video that they are indeed using auto cc and hacks in general. Right now with the changes Nexon has made to the HTR and /find this is hardly viable. Such a shame really.

Yeah well Imagine having 20 reliable dedicated friends who could scout each 20 channels? One on each channel then the botters are SOL because no matter what channel they're on at that map they will CC forever LMAO