[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Mains Chat

SlayerJSlayerJ
Reactions: 1,090
edited June 2019 in General Chat
So yeah, talk about how you're enjoying the new Kanna stuff.
My experience after one hour:

Cons:
-Mana Vein mechanic is annoying since they appear randomly on the map.
-Vanquisher's Charm uses up mana too fast to be viable for bossing/training anymore, unless on a Mana Vein or during 5th job skills.
-Extra mana hyper stat isn't working so we're stuck with 100 mana for now.
-No free skill books to make up for replacing our old maxed skills with these new unmaxed ones.

Pros:
-New teleport is nice
-Glad they removed the dumb sand demon and blood orbs that spammed the map.

Yay.

Comments

• DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    still trying to figure out why our damage became so low now
    personally i hate the big reduction of vertical teleport which really reduces my mobility, will be even harder to do Spirit saviour now
  • PensiveRulePensiveRule
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2019
    Mana Veins aren't 100% random but I get that.
    The VC change will take time to get used to but it'll be a boon to bossing when you're able to simply teleport between 2-3 veins in a boss fight and dodge without ever running out of mana.
    Range seemed to go down but overall damage up? (not sure)
  • DancemonDancemon
    edited June 2019
    25% reduction in range does not Sound like a revamp to me
    hoped range would go in other direction while they already reduced range once by 70% with haku nerf
  • TomoyoTomoyo
    Reactions: 745
    edited June 2019
    I believe range went down because Haku was bugged and not applying the Matk buff from his equipped fan.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2019
    Cons:
    • Demon Boss's verticle hitbox is smaller compared to what we saw in JMS.
    • Tengu's range it shorter than displayed in JMS.
    • Haunting received two nerfs one to its base damage to the first hit (reduced from 300% in JMS to 250%) and one to its node. It now gets 2%FD unlike the 7% (1st job boost) in JMS
    • Calculations for summon damage have been nerfed
    • Spirit Veins are incredibly hard to see with skill transparency on but playing without it is almost impossible due to the amount of skill spam.
    • No way to dispell barriers
    • Decent Combat Orders doesn't seem to affect skills
    • No new potential lines on Haku's fan, meaning Kanna's still must go for 3L magic attack.
    • Mana Balance costs 50% hp
    • Mana overload is working as intended now but it feels terrible to use especially since bosses do %HP attacks.
    • Mana Hyper stats are broken
    • Haku's blessing is nerfed from 48 to 40
    • Haku's Blessing is broken and not giving a buff despite showing as a buff.
    • Breath of the Unseen lost its 80% knockback resist and 40% IED
    • Haku's gift (healing) now only heals 80% and has a 2-minute cooldown (30 sec in JMS)
    • Foxfire now has a 55-second duration and a 60-second cooldown (use to be 40 seconds I believe)
    • Geomancy spread (increased number of spirit veins) has been reduced from 2 in JMS to 1 in GMS
    • Burning tons of nodes to get new Trios
    • Had to rebuy skill books...

Mixed:
    • Kishin nerf
    • Bind nerfs
    • Vanquishers does more damage but costs more and haunting nerfs mean VC is actually is still "better"
    • Barrier system
    • Blossom Barrier gives 60% damage reductions and 50% stance instead of 70% and 40% as in JMS.
    • Spirit Veins will be annoying
    • Final Damage was reduced due to soul sheer's removal leaving only domain and parties as Kanna's way to increase her FD. This may be a problem in the future.
    • Nightghost Guide is a nerfed version of Monkey Spirits. It's not great but ultimately insignificant
    • Blossom Barrier doesn't heal through potion lock for better or worse.
    • Bellflower Barrier changes: 20% damage +5% boss damage. Not sure what the point was.
    • No changes to Domain
    • Going to miss long teleport
    • Weird namings schemes...

Pros:
    • Faster teleport
    • Teleport to spirit veins will be great to recover mana or avoid attacks in bosses
    • Blossom barrier heals HP at a good rate.
    • Flashy
    • Yosuzume mark is nice
    • Bellflower barrier hyper +20% boss is finally fixed.

Quite a few of the cons were not present in JMS and reversing at least some of those changes would be good. RIght now Kanna is nowhere near the powerhouse she was speculated to be and in fact, is actually significantly weaker than before (which was already much weaker due to the old Haku nerf). Some of this is due to bugs which may get fixed in the first unscheduled maintenance, but I also worry that Nexon will not move quickly to address issues past that. This is made more concerning due to how slow they have been to address past issues with the class.
    SlayerJSlicedTimeMaigoscholar624FIava
  • DancemonDancemon
    edited June 2019
    seems they are not adressing any of the kanna issues in this unscheduled maintenance
    lets hope someone Wakes up at nexon and adds some hours to the maintenance to provide some fixes
    on the other Hand i guess the nexon Team really hates kannas and things will not get any better after this new nerf
  • PROTOBeePROTOBee
    Reactions: 440
    edited June 2019
    It really feels different than it did before. My Kanna is my main and she's lvl 206.
    I mean... I like most of the new skills. they're flashy and nice to look at, and i'm glad they removed some useless stuff like the spirit orbs, but obviously they changed stuff Kanna users were relying on, like Haku's gift and VC spammability. Personally I really miss the long teleport, even if it was rather slow.
    The idea of mana veins feels kinda stupid. It could've been better if there was no need to rely on it too much to constantly use skills.
    Hoping they would actually address the issues and differences people mentioned above.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    edited June 2019
    Yeah Kanna already had a gimmick, now it has two gimmicks that you need to work with in order to make it viable? And they force the gimmick on you by ruining VC, like we don't have a dozen other moves that use up our small mana pools, at least before the update managing your mana felt fair, now there is no managing.
  • TomoyoTomoyo
    Reactions: 745
    edited June 2019
    Because of all the GL nerfs to this revamp and the bugs, Kanna is worse than it was before. Lovely.
  • DancemonDancemon
    edited June 2019
    yes, this revamp took me down 20 stages in dreamdefender
    we got nerfed big time again
    SlayerJ
  • dowiedowie
    Reactions: 700
    edited June 2019
    Can't believe I waited this long for the revamp only to see this garbage.
    Argent already mad a pretty good list but here is some of my experience within the first 30 minutes or so of messing around.
    • Mana vein is a weird mechanic in which I'm not really that fond of.
    • new haunting is pretty great compared to the old one.
    • Mana warp still has a delay but it is much better than old teleport
    • ghost yaksha is pretty great. It's actually useful now as a skill and looks nice
    • Exorcist charm having an extremly low cooldown makes it pretty good for spamming
    • not really sold on new shikigami charm. I liked the old one for quick X axis movement. Feels like they were trying to just copy hayato here.
    • barriers just feel really small now tho they look more graphically appealing?
    • Yosuzume is pretty neat tho it's pretty much similar to any extra attack skill. I do like how it looks.
    • Tengu Strike is.... very odd. Another fire and not quite forget spell.
    • Mana balance costing half your health seems pretty expensive. Haku's heal is on a 120 second cooldown and your passive heal is 1% every 4 seconds on bosses so... why.
    • Doppelganger is just a turn on and forget about it skill
    • Nightghost is basically same thing as monkey spirits??
    • Orochi looks VERY ODD on it's hit frames. The animation very much doesn't add up to when the damage occurs. It just feels so clunky. The damage frames should have matched when the orochi actually breathes. The rest of the animation that occurs when the skill is held is fine though.
    • Nine tailed fury would be useful if it actually worked properly
    • Vanquisher charm costing 25 mana is just a ???????? moment here. I can't even begin to understand why this change was made when shikigami is already comparable to it.
    • not sure why 2 bind still exist.

It just feels incredibly underwhelming overall. I really do like the new yaksha though
    SlayerJ
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I think kanna is bugged right now.
    Hakua fan buff doesnt apply, I have my fafnir fan on haku and my damage doesnt raise.

Also nerfing shikigami haunting feels really weak .
  • N0b0dyN0b0dy
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2019
    We have got a bugged and nerfed version of kanna in JMS... not playable like this.
  • reius123reius123
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited June 2019
    My experience of playing Kanna is d/cing every couple minutes since its release. I also noticed that I am significantly weaker.

Con
    Our version of the revamped Kanna just sucks... GMS decided to nerf several things one of which is Shikigami Haunting in both base damage and the boost you get from the node stone. Not to mention Haku's blessing is bugged as many more proficient Kanna players pointed out.

Pro
    There is a delay in the new teleport, but feels much smoother than the previous version.
    Like all the projectiles flying around even though their incredibly weak atm.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2019
    My experience is that this may be the final straw that makes me quit maple.
    SlayerJ
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2019
    4 million loss in range...AGAIN!!! Quit taking away my hard earned range!!! I really hope this is because of a glitch, but I honestly think they are trying to kill this class. I'm 257 and was planning to go for max. Now I don't really feel motivated to train when I'm being kicked from the server even more than I was before.
    SlayerJKanna3840
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Now I don't really feel motivated to train when I'm being kicked from the server even more than I was before.

Server DCs are probably due to pathfinder update bringing people back.
    I liked the look of Kanna's revamp from my brief experience. (Not a Kanna main)
    Hopefully Kanna's weird DPS and other incorrect number issues get solved.

I feel like Nexon should address any current/ongoing issues with Kanna in a memo soonish.
    Lest they invoke the wraith of the fans... Even more than they already have.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    4 million loss in range...AGAIN!!! Quit taking away my hard earned range!!! I really hope this is because of a glitch, but I honestly think they are trying to kill this class. I'm 257 and was planning to go for max. Now I don't really feel motivated to train when I'm being kicked from the server even more than I was before.

Haku's blessing is complete broken, providing no damage. We also lost soul sheer which provided 30% final damage and the 7% final damage from Haku Perfected has been reduced to 5% when Breath of the Unseen is cast.

I'm 257 as well and yeah this has killed what tepid enthusiasm I had. Even if things were to be reversed tomorrow, Nexon has managed to most of the hype they had generated for the summer. Even people who don't main Kanna are feeling it and half the oldies in my guild have said goodbye.

I'm tired Nexon, this bs has gone on for over a year and a half because of the old Haku nerf where you claimed to want to bring Kanna in line with the rest of the mages. Shame on me for believing you'd actually do something good this time.
    SlayerJKanna3840
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I really hope we get a memo or something because this is just upsetting.

DCs and huge range loss due to weird nerfs and bugs, this isn't okay.
    They better fix kanna next week.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    edited June 2019
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only upset one over this. I feel bad getting upset since I'm sure a lot of work was put into making a bunch of cool new things for the class, but when they ruin the few good things the class already had, it's impossible to look at this as beneficial.

Once the frustration subsides it just leads to bitter sadness, knowing that these changes will likely stick. A few of the bugs will be fixed, but overall the things they ruined will most likely stay ruined. Making VC not cost all your mana, giving back the knockback resist Haku's blessing gave, the random few stats we lost from every other skill, etc etc; doesn't seem like something they'd just give back. Seems like a "Get use to it" type thing.
    foussiremix