[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Flag Race - Remove Teleport Skills

Comments

  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Posts: 218
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    well its flag race but you need guild therefor you need guild teamwork
    but nexon .... turned things to solo play solo guild ,solo party quest ......
    are we MMORPG or not ?
    7p1scV5.jpg
    maplestory


    myself i like mixed challnge JQ + skill teamwork and i think its good balanced as it is
    ( i did not see anyone say how only those 2 skill makes unfair and rest fine )
    the idea to make chaos in the guild race and cannon all just to "win or make change"
    was not nice and am sure wont work as i explained
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Posts: 1,353
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Lmao, who said there have to be skills or something else that make the Flag Race as "team work", you're making no sense at all to be honest.

    This is a Flag Race, nobody calls it TeamWork Race or whatever, please learn to read.

    And yes I do hope that Nexon will finally remove those 2 annoying teleport skills, that's completely unfair and ridiculous.

    Nice copy and pasted reply to two different comments. I didn't say anything about Flag Race needing "skills". And Flag Race is a guild event, meaning you do it with a guild with actual people and not a solo jump quest, hence why I keep saying teamwork, cause you need to work with your guildmates to finish.

    Yes, Flag Race, which is a guild event, not a solo event (if you didn't know, go see if you get the flag race invite when not in a guild, >.>), hence, teamwork.
    Please learn to do some research about what you're trying to talk about before looking like a complete idiot and trying to copy someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

    It's only "completely unfair and ridiculous" if you don't have a guild to use it with, which is your fault for making a one man guild that no one wants to join, not Maplestory's or all the other real guild that actually have members.
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Hey, I voted no accidentally, is there any way to change it? T.T I truly want Nexon to remove those two skills :(

    No, you can't change your vote answer, but to be honest, don't think it'll make much difference because this isn't a formally watched/created thread by Nexon.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Posts: 1,353
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Also lol:
    Alantino wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    If teleport got removed then guilds would use cannons and shoot everyone that is not in their guild. Will you be making a thread about this too when it happens?
    No stop lying, people and guilds will not do this, the only one who will do it is people like you, who get mad that they're going to lose their Teleport Skills.
    NicholasB wrote: »
    We are from Bera.
    Me and a couple (about 16) of my friends have made up our mind.

    In case Teleport Skills will not be removed until the beginning of March, we'll get a very large guild and will start recruit people to it.
    (we can easily search for someone who can sell us a guild with 200 slots).

    The guild will have only 1 purpose, and that's to get into every Flag Race and bomb as many people as possible, stealing all the Teleport Skills first, etc.
    We will be there to make a chaos in a legally way.

    Telling someone else to learn how to read when you don't even bother reading what the original post said. *golf clap* xd
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited March 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Also lol:
    Alantino wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    If teleport got removed then guilds would use cannons and shoot everyone that is not in their guild. Will you be making a thread about this too when it happens?
    No stop lying, people and guilds will not do this, the only one who will do it is people like you, who get mad that they're going to lose their Teleport Skills.
    NicholasB wrote: »
    We are from Bera.
    Me and a couple (about 16) of my friends have made up our mind.

    In case Teleport Skills will not be removed until the beginning of March, we'll get a very large guild and will start recruit people to it.
    (we can easily search for someone who can sell us a guild with 200 slots).

    The guild will have only 1 purpose, and that's to get into every Flag Race and bomb as many people as possible, stealing all the Teleport Skills first, etc.
    We will be there to make a chaos in a legally way.

    Telling someone else to learn how to read when you don't even bother reading what the original post said. *golf clap* xd

    I'm sorry but I have to agree with them, the fact that we have Teleport Skills is totally unfair.

    I have a guild but I always end up being alone and even though I'm very good at Flag Race, it's just impossible for me to finish even 2 rounds.

    That's why I voted Yes, remove those skills, because they're really pissing me off.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Posts: 1,353
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018

    I'm sorry but I have to agree with them, the fact that we have Teleport Skills is totally unfair.

    I have a guild but I always end up being alone and even though I'm very good at Flag Race, it's just impossible for me to finish even 2 rounds.

    That's why I voted Yes, remove those skills, because they're really pissing me off.

    Nothing to apologize for, everyone's free to have their own opinion, unlike what most of the users who keeps saying they're "100% right" think.

    Jw, are other people in your guild doing Flag Race and just end up in different instances or are you the only one in the guild doing Flag Race in your guild? If it's the first, that's just bad luck, but if it's the second, it's basically the same as being in a one person guild, you're trying to do a guild event (something you should do with other guild members) by yourself. You should try doing a shout out in guild chat before Flag Race that you want teammates to help finish (but then that'd assume you guys would use the tp to finish then).
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited March 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

    I'm sorry but I have to agree with them, the fact that we have Teleport Skills is totally unfair.

    I have a guild but I always end up being alone and even though I'm very good at Flag Race, it's just impossible for me to finish even 2 rounds.

    That's why I voted Yes, remove those skills, because they're really pissing me off.

    Nothing to apologize for, everyone's free to have their own opinion, unlike what most of the users who keeps saying they're "100% right" think.

    Jw, are other people in your guild doing Flag Race and just end up in different instances or are you the only one in the guild doing Flag Race in your guild? If it's the first, that's just bad luck, but if it's the second, it's basically the same as being in a one person guild, you're trying to do a guild event (something you should do with other guild members) by yourself. You should try doing a shout out in guild chat before Flag Race that you want teammates to help finish (but then that'd assume you guys would use the tp to finish then).

    Well, I do think that they're 100% right, lol, I mean, it's really simple, and kinda make sense, just think about it, a Flag Race with no teleport skills, it'd be much more fair.
    People (like me, and there are a lot of people like me) who are helpless (for example, without other guild members to help teleport with, or just guild members who are not that good at Flag Race) will have such a fair game finally when they don't need to depend on others but themselves only.

    This is definitely make sense and the only way to make this Flag Race fair and I'm really hoping that Nexon will actually remove those two skills.

    I also don't really understand the "look, this is my opinion" thingy, I mean, this is not about opinions but this is about who is right or not.

    It's not a subject where you can talk about opinions, such as tastes, if A likes to drink tea and B hates to drink tea, then B can't tell to A that "look, tea sucks and this is my opinion, okay?", for example, in this case, it's totally right, why? cus it's about tastes, some ppl like tea and others don't, so in this kind of subject you might be right but when it comes to a situation where there is black or white, right or wrong, only 1 of us could be right. but you can't really come up with the "look, this is my opinion, if you don't accept others opinions then you're bad", no that's totally wrong, this isn't about tastes here that we're talking about but about black or white, right or wrong, and of course, the logic is on our side so basically, by removing those two skills will only make peace and love and would be the best solution to this problem.

    Thank you and have a good day.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Posts: 1,353
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Well, I do think that they're 100% right, lol, I mean, it's really simple, and kinda make sense, just think about it, a Flag Race with no teleport skills, it'd be much more fair.
    People (like me, and there are a lot of people like me) who are helpless (for example, without other guild members to help teleport with, or just guild members who are not that good at Flag Race) will have such a fair game finally when they don't need to depend on others but themselves only.

    This is definitely make sense and the only way to make this Flag Race fair and I'm really hoping that Nexon will actually remove those two skills.

    I also don't really understand the "look, this is my opinion" thingy, I mean, this is not about opinions but this is about who is right or not.

    It's not a subject where you can talk about opinions, such as tastes, if A likes to drink tea and B hates to drink tea, then B can't tell to A that "look, tea sucks and this is my opinion, okay?", for example, in this case, it's totally right, why? cus it's about tastes, some ppl like tea and others don't, so in this kind of subject you might be right but when it comes to a situation where there is black or white, right or wrong, only 1 of us could be right. but you can't really come up with the "look, this is my opinion, if you don't accept others opinions then you're bad", no that's totally wrong, this isn't about tastes here that we're talking about but about black or white, right or wrong, and of course, the logic is on our side so basically, by removing those two skills will only make peace and love and would be the best solution to this problem.

    Thank you and have a good day.

    Okay, here's my question then, if Flag Race is suppose "to be fair" to solo players, how come you can only get a Flag Race invitation when you're in guild?
    You don't need a guild mate who's good at Flag Race to use the tp skills if you're good at Flag Race yourself. You just need to get to the end, tp your guildmate to you, then have them stand there while you repeatedly tp back to them.

    The only thing I'm hearing from the "remove tp" side is that it's unfair to solo players, which makes no sense since Flag Race was never meant to be done solo. It's like the same thing as asking them to remove min party limit on party quests cause you want to solo party quests.

    Okay, fine, Flag Race is suppose to be a guild event, so they should keep the tp skills to be "fair" to guilds that encourage it's members to work together and encourage solo players to find teammates to finish Flag Race, that's is 100% right. >.>
    Until the "remove tp" side can say why Flag Race shouldn't be an event that doesn't need teamwork or can say there's other ways to make it teamwork oriented, they are 100% wrong. >.>
    Happy? Took out the opinion and made it the correct right or wrong. >.>

    The original reason I said "opinion" is because almost nothing anyone said (myself included) is a complete fact, it's just something each person thinks. Facts are something everyone can agree on, doesn't matter what they think. The only "facts" are:
    1. Flag Race is an event only those in a guild can participate it.
    2. Flag Race has tp skills which allow guildmates to work together to finish the race.
    3. Everyone has access to the tp skills and can use them if they meet the requiements.
    Opinions:
    1. Tp skills are unfair. (Not a fact, since not everyone thinks this and is just something solo Flag Racers complain about.)
    2. Flag Race should be teamwork event. (Apparently some people don't think this is true, so not a fact. And while it's not explicitly stated, it is heavily implied considering the nature of the event.)

    Also, what logic? "We want to do a team event solo and we're at a disadvantage cause we don't have team, so that's unfair." No, that's fair and it's your fault for not having a team. If you're going to throw around logic, try to make some sense first.
    Renni
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with @YinYangX. Flag Race is a guild event, so there is no reason for someone to complain if they are participating in the event with an inactive or small guild, because they are putting themselves in that situation. Choosing to be in a small/inactive guild, and then complaining that other guilds have an advantage by being larger/active is not logical.

    All it takes to use the TP skill is another member from the guild, and after that it's skill, coordination, and luck. If you can't get another member to participate with you, then expand the guild, get more members to participate, or find a more active guild. If you have guildmates with you but are having trouble winning, learn to use the TP skills more effectively together, because it is after all about teamwork.

    If the OP can get a big guild and recruit a lot of members in order to try and sabotage the Flag Race event, my question is why the OP doesn't choose instead to expand his/her guild from the start to use the TP skills more effectively with more members. If you want the comfort and easier management of being in a small guild or in a guild by yourself, then it is clear that you will not get the benefits of having more members.
    YinYangXManiOh
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited March 2018
    It does not matter what a few people says about this.

    I don't even bother to read what they say about this.

    This is why we have a poll for, to see what most of people think about it and as we all know, MOST of people said "Yes, to Remove it!"
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Posts: 301
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    It does not matter what a few people says about this.

    I don't even bother to read what they say about this.

    This is why we have a poll for, to see what most of people think about it and as we all know, MOST of people said "Yes, to Remove it!"

    A poll doesn't guarantee that actions will be taken.
    OT: The point of a Flag Race is you are suppose to team up with others and gain points. The more members you have, the better the results will be. I don't agree with removing teleporting skills just because your guild is too small. As others have said, you want to expand your guild with more members that will help you with the Flag Race. The flag race wasn't designed to be a solo type of thing after all.

    As a side note:
    Alantino wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    If teleport got removed then guilds would use cannons and shoot everyone that is not in their guild. Will you be making a thread about this too when it happens?

    No stop lying, people and guilds will not do this, the only one who will do it is people like you, who get mad that they're going to lose their Teleport Skills.

    You must be from a guild that doing Flag Race every single day and using the Teleport Skills along with your guild members.
    As he said above, Teleport Skills are completely unfair and make the Flag Race to be an unfair game.

    Why people with big guilds like you can finish 3 rounds in no time? this is 100% unfair and you should really stop posting in this thread.
    YinYangX wrote: »
    And what if you don't have a guild? or your guild is not that good with teleport skills?
    Give me a break! removing Teleport Skills is the best choice ever.

    The point of flag race is doing it with your guild to get points, hence if you don't have a guild, that's your fault, not Nexon's or everyone else's fault you have a dead guild.
    If your guild is not that good with teleport skills, again, that your fault. Not anyone else's fault that your guild doesn't know how to use an aspect of the race. Not like the guilds that are good with teleport skills have access to something you don't, they just trained/taught their members. Just cause you don't know how to use something doesn't mean it should be removed. That's like saying all jump quest floors should be removed from Tower of Oz cause some people aren't as good. Or every equipment should have same stats, same scrolling, and same pots cause some people aren't good with potting and scrolling. >.>

    And no, "keeping the Teleport Skills is the best choice ever". >.>
    Just cause you say something doesn't mean it's true.

    And you completely ignored the second half of my comment asking how you would make Flag Race teamwork oriented after removing tp skills. Along with what you just said, I'm assuming you're just a salty player cause you're in a dead guild and taking it out on the rest of the Flag Race community cause you can't do something by yourself when it's expected to do something as a team.

    The only reason you're agree to Teleport Skills is because you're one of those guys who use it, so it's not really worth talking with you about it.
    You're exactly like a lawyer in court, a lawyer will never admit that the side he's protecting, is the wrong one, and why? because he's getting paid.
    So it's the same way as you act, you're getting paid (you and your little guild members friends are teleporting together and love to win over others who doesn't have their guild members or just not that good enough with it, so you're basically taking a very big advantage in this "Flag" race) and that's why you'll never agree with the ones who are 100% right about this subject.

    Also think about it, why does it even call "Flag Race" from the first place? that's totally wrong, they should rename it "Teleport Race", cus this is totally NOT a real Flag Race.

    Don't bother to PM me back, I will not even bother to look at it, I'm also going to oversea for 2 weeks, so, see ya later (or not).

    Let's respect others and avoid unnecessary attacks to derail the thread. Thank you.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 830
    Posts: 103
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Please clarify, not Mage Teleport Skills?

    Without them we are reduced to walking.
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm voting no because I think flag race is still fair with teleporting skills.
    I don't go flag race, and I don't know how these teleporting skills work.
    So, I'm not someone who uses these skills.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Latest KMS patch is removing G and H in Flag Race.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Posts: 218
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    there you go you KMST seem to lisent :( (lets see what happends till final KMS version)
    now people can cannon fulltime and you dont need teamwork & organisation
    also made more annoying long race
    just because people did not want teamup with their guildmates
    GG for killing flag soon :)


  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Nick008 wrote: »
    I'm voting no because I think flag race is still fair with teleporting skills.
    I don't go flag race, and I don't know how these teleporting skills work.
    So, I'm not someone who uses these skills.

    If you have no idea how these teleporting skills work, and you also don't do flag race, then how can you even "think flag race is still fair with teleporting skills" when you don't know how these teleporting skills work?
    Peep wrote: »
    Latest KMS patch is removing G and H in Flag Race.

    See? even KMS (who are actually listen to their players) decided to remove them because they understand the truth without any interests.
    I'm glad to hear that, and I can't wait for it to come to GMS :)
    NicholasB wrote: »
    It does not matter what a few people says about this.

    I don't even bother to read what they say about this.

    This is why we have a poll for, to see what most of people think about it and as we all know, MOST of people said "Yes, to Remove it!"

    A poll doesn't guarantee that actions will be taken.
    OT: The point of a Flag Race is you are suppose to team up with others and gain points. The more members you have, the better the results will be. I don't agree with removing teleporting skills just because your guild is too small. As others have said, you want to expand your guild with more members that will help you with the Flag Race. The flag race wasn't designed to be a solo type of thing after all.

    As a side note:
    Alantino wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    If teleport got removed then guilds would use cannons and shoot everyone that is not in their guild. Will you be making a thread about this too when it happens?

    No stop lying, people and guilds will not do this, the only one who will do it is people like you, who get mad that they're going to lose their Teleport Skills.

    You must be from a guild that doing Flag Race every single day and using the Teleport Skills along with your guild members.
    As he said above, Teleport Skills are completely unfair and make the Flag Race to be an unfair game.

    Why people with big guilds like you can finish 3 rounds in no time? this is 100% unfair and you should really stop posting in this thread.
    YinYangX wrote: »
    And what if you don't have a guild? or your guild is not that good with teleport skills?
    Give me a break! removing Teleport Skills is the best choice ever.

    The point of flag race is doing it with your guild to get points, hence if you don't have a guild, that's your fault, not Nexon's or everyone else's fault you have a dead guild.
    If your guild is not that good with teleport skills, again, that your fault. Not anyone else's fault that your guild doesn't know how to use an aspect of the race. Not like the guilds that are good with teleport skills have access to something you don't, they just trained/taught their members. Just cause you don't know how to use something doesn't mean it should be removed. That's like saying all jump quest floors should be removed from Tower of Oz cause some people aren't as good. Or every equipment should have same stats, same scrolling, and same pots cause some people aren't good with potting and scrolling. >.>

    And no, "keeping the Teleport Skills is the best choice ever". >.>
    Just cause you say something doesn't mean it's true.

    And you completely ignored the second half of my comment asking how you would make Flag Race teamwork oriented after removing tp skills. Along with what you just said, I'm assuming you're just a salty player cause you're in a dead guild and taking it out on the rest of the Flag Race community cause you can't do something by yourself when it's expected to do something as a team.

    The only reason you're agree to Teleport Skills is because you're one of those guys who use it, so it's not really worth talking with you about it.
    You're exactly like a lawyer in court, a lawyer will never admit that the side he's protecting, is the wrong one, and why? because he's getting paid.
    So it's the same way as you act, you're getting paid (you and your little guild members friends are teleporting together and love to win over others who doesn't have their guild members or just not that good enough with it, so you're basically taking a very big advantage in this "Flag" race) and that's why you'll never agree with the ones who are 100% right about this subject.

    Also think about it, why does it even call "Flag Race" from the first place? that's totally wrong, they should rename it "Teleport Race", cus this is totally NOT a real Flag Race.

    Don't bother to PM me back, I will not even bother to look at it, I'm also going to oversea for 2 weeks, so, see ya later (or not).

    Let's respect others and avoid unnecessary attacks to derail the thread. Thank you.

    He did not break the rules.
    Just because you're a moderator, it doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want, it does not mean that you're above us and above the law, we're all subject to the law.

    Nobody said that "poll guarantee that actions will be taken", but it does say what MOST of players/people think and WANT.

    It seems you might be like those guys who have a big guild with a LOT of people, when they can easily win at Flag Race all the time.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Posts: 218
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    guild flag teamwork :(
    sometime its not what most want allways the best solution
    but eyy its comeing we will see what will happend

    sadly they ignore team work many times poor maple f4
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Posts: 301
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    He did not break the rules.
    Just because you're a moderator, it doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want, it does not mean that you're above us and above the law, we're all subject to the law.

    Nobody said that "poll guarantee that actions will be taken", but it does say what MOST of players/people think and WANT.

    It seems you might be like those guys who have a big guild with a LOT of people, when they can easily win at Flag Race all the time.
    I quoted both of you because neither of you are contributing to his opinion and rather then giving a constructive response, both of you proceed to attack him/her instead with, "Your big guild = better" which is dodging the point the user is making. Calling out against me and assuming I have a guild is showing that you are ignoring the main points.
    My job is to moderate the forums, we have forum rules for a reason to control if anything goes bad or doesn't feel right. Looking at this thread right now, all I'm seeing is constant attacks among other users and not respecting others for their opinions.
    We have rules regarding opinions.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    Opinions
    - Opinions are welcomed. However, we do expect you to respect the opinions of others, even if you do not agree with them.
    - Do not use conflicts you have with others forum members as discussion points.
    As a result, this thread will be locked.

    Closing Reason: Starting conflicts and attacking among other users for giving their opinions.
This discussion has been closed.