[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    A judge doesn't convince or try to convince the lawyer, Lawyers try to convince the jury and the jury deliberates to the judge which makes the final verdict. A lawyer convinces the jury and the judge.


    If our view on this is wrong, what makes your point so right? just because the majority of you are for it? is that a complete standard to making something the correct way?

    I guess you don't read/hear about claims in courts that much.
    Of course the judge doesn't convince or try to convice the lawyer, and that the lawyers try to convince the judge, but the Judge usually tell to the allegedly criminal what he's being guilty of..... and then after that, it's the lawyer moment to try and convince the judge....

    I assume english isn't your first language

    I would rather not know english at all , at least I'm not being disrespectful to others.
    And as they say, there's one thing that people absolutely cann't stand and it's people who don't pay proper respect to others.
    Shame on you, I recommend you to learn some manners and courtesy.
    As they said above, giving up is the best choice so don't merge worlds, I don't mind.
    Also after seeing how you treat people, I'll be leaving the thread now and won't come back to here anymore.
    And yes, I'm korean and English isn't my first language, but at least we, asians, have some manners. shame on you.

    Have a lovely day.


  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    A judge doesn't convince or try to convince the lawyer, Lawyers try to convince the jury and the jury deliberates to the judge which makes the final verdict. A lawyer convinces the jury and the judge.


    If our view on this is wrong, what makes your point so right? just because the majority of you are for it? is that a complete standard to making something the correct way?

    I guess you don't read/hear about claims in courts that much.
    Of course the judge doesn't convince or try to convice the lawyer, and that the lawyers try to convince the judge, but the Judge usually tell to the allegedly criminal what he's being guilty of..... and then after that, it's the lawyer moment to try and convince the judge....

    I assume english isn't your first language

    I would rather not know english at all , at least I'm not being disrespectful to others.
    And as they say, there's one thing that people absolutely cann't stand and it's people who don't pay proper respect to others.
    Shame on you, I recommend you to learn some manners and courtesy.
    As they said above, giving up is the best choice so don't merge worlds, I don't mind.
    Also after seeing how you treat people, I'll be leaving the thread now and won't come back to here anymore.
    And yes, I'm korean and English isn't my first language, but at least we, asians, have some manners. shame on you.

    Have a lovely day.


    if youre going to quote what I said, put it all into context, don't just use the beginning.
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,485
    Posts: 24
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

    I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon
  • Kenny2kKenny2k
    Reactions: 630
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited June 2018
    We all need a big world merge into 3-5 servers please +1 reboot
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 997
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

    I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

    If Nexon is our Mom and Dad, we have to persuade them and do the research for a puppy (or in this case, server merge or alliances.) Fighting will just dismiss the conversation.
    Kenny2k wrote: »
    We all need a big world merge into 3-5 servers please +1 reboot

    The current alliances we have are:

    GRAZED
    MYBCKN
    Broa+ Khaini (Cannot name it properly)
    Bera
    Windia
    Scania

    There are 6 populations + Reboot and Luna. Too bad the meters for each channel is not a bar graph, otherwise we could use that to give a value for each channel to distribute the populations (or keep it messy for the idea of having a crowded and dead server.) The worst part is bots just throw the number off when we are counting the population.

    If GRAZED= MYBCKN's population, Windia=Scania's population and Broa and Khaini were equal halves, we could be narrowed down to 3 alliances, but we would end up cutting up an existing one.

    GRAZED + Windia + Khani = MYBCKN + Scania + Broa ? (Bera is not added to anything)

    Khroa+Broni's division will be like the 2 Koreas after World World II





  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

    If we agree the population has decreased regardless of the reason, can we also agree that the number of servers should decrease as well (we don't have to agree on the exact number of servers), to prevent whatever the population is from being spread to thin over so many servers
  • PizzamanPizzaman
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 11
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Hello!

    While I do want to agree with the original poster's comments, I want to share my thoughts on the smaller worlds.
    Everything in the auction house is overpriced. More often than not since the removal of the freemarket, I find it more difficult to sell things.

    It is difficult for new players to even get equips given that the tot's know how system isn't giving out equipment boxes anymore.
    I find that im doing alot of solo grinding now for equips, more often than not I have not had much of a social experience in a long time.

    In a way pay2win has become the norm for smaller worlds, it's become difficult to find nodestones without some significant investment
    by what I mean hours of time spent grinding which by there is a way to find a lot cheaper in Bera.

    Lastly, the influx of botters on smaller worlds has multiplied. Something must be done to deal with them.

    I strongly encourage nexon to redouble their efforts in finding a way to do an alliance merger sooner rather than later
    or choose to severely limit your older players like me, into finding more complex solutions to obtaining things like flames.

    Thanks
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,865
    Posts: 6,270
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

    I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

    Why would Nexon respond again, when you all completely ignored Arwoo's first response, and continue to argue in the same circles?
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited June 2018
    how a merge to combine servers, not keep alot of these and break it down to 2 sence there isnt alot of players coming into Maplestory or break it down to 2 or 4. to a minimal... that would be nice, sure it would creat chaos if mistakes happened and some peoples characters would be lost of lose things. it happens... but if Nexon would get a good Large staff and team involved to do that. without waiting on KMS one day to do this. it would be excellent. but lets face it, we all waited to long for anything good and important to happen lately right? Nexon needs to get their business in gear or face the facts that their idea of business wont last long.
    Lilyflower
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    We can only give an opinion on whether we want some type of merge or not, and give pros and cons, but in no way should we pretend to know more about and how to run a game developing/publishing company than people that run it.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited June 2018
    We can only give an opinion on whether we want some type of merge or not, and give pros and cons, but in no way should we pretend to know more about and how to run a game developing/publishing company than people that run it.

    And I would add that, ultimately, if they make a decision, they'll make it based on their own reasons and interests for the game, regardless or what we want or don't want. I guess we can't forget that we don't OWN anything, not even our own characters, in this. They can change things, modify them for the best or the worse, suit some of our tastes and annoy others, but... In the end, we can talk all we want, but we don't have any power to actually change things or make them go our way. We don't know enough and we don't work for the company and we don't work for the game, so... We're free to talk, but we shouldn't really expect for our words to have significant impact on what happens with the game in the future, not because they "don't care", like "intentionally", but because a gaming company is a business, this game is a product of that company, and companies don't operate on feelings or emotions or preferences of their clients, they operate on revenue and monetary interests and whatever is best to keep the company running. It's not that they are "mean" for it, it's just reality. So, it may even come a day when they decide to kill it altogether and all our efforts and feelings towards the game or out characters will be utterly irrelevant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

    I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

    Why would Nexon respond again, when you all completely ignored Arwoo's first response, and continue to argue in the same circles?

    Arwoo's response just basically told us to wait, and I haven't ignored it. I am waiting, for hopefully another answer.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited June 2018
    We can only give an opinion on whether we want some type of merge or not, and give pros and cons, but in no way should we pretend to know more about and how to run a game developing/publishing company than people that run it.

    Just because they're the owners of the game, really doesn't mean anything, nor mean that they're good at it.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

    If we agree the population has decreased regardless of the reason, can we also agree that the number of servers should decrease as well (we don't have to agree on the exact number of servers), to prevent whatever the population is from being spread to thin over so many servers

    Of course , I am all for a merge playing in El Nido (GRAZED) at time you see more bots gold selling in henesys than actual people..
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

    If we agree the population has decreased regardless of the reason, can we also agree that the number of servers should decrease as well (we don't have to agree on the exact number of servers), to prevent whatever the population is from being spread to thin over so many servers

    Of course , I am all for a merge playing in El Nido (GRAZED) at time you see more bots gold selling in henesys than actual people..

    I really don't understand why there are still a few people in here don't wanna merge... I understand their want a tiny server where they can play without interruption but still, what about the overwhelming majority like us? I think if we have only 2 options, either merge or not, then of course we must merge.... this is what the overwhelming majority wants and this is what should and must get...
    Or maybe just 3 worlds, a big world such as Bera, and the tiny world such as Scania and the 3rd world which is Reboot, so then people who wants tiny server would go to Scania and those who want great economy with high population will go to Bera, this is so simple...
    DeathTheKid
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Luxx wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    but at least we, asians, have some manners
    Don't make this into some sort of racial debate.

    I agree with you, I don't want to get this thread closed before we possibly get another response from Nexon

    Why would Nexon respond again, when you all completely ignored Arwoo's first response, and continue to argue in the same circles?

    Also lets hope the next response by Nexon to this wildly popular complaint is posted on the homepage with an actual solution, not just a comment in a thread.

    Edit ** Lets also hope Nexon doesn't act out of spite and not solve a problem that is plaguing a significant portion of the population because a few people are bickering about it.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

    This is a digression, but the population decline is almost certainly due to the main player base getting older. Most people I talk to on this game are in their 20's.. And truthfully Maplestory isn't recruiting many new players who haven't at least tried maplestory when they were younger. They have made so many improvements to the game to make it last as long as it has (with new maps/end game towns, easier leveling, new job advancements, increased lvl cap, new classes) Yet I honestly believe these improvements have only slowed down the decline process rather than attract brand new players . This game is surviving off of such a small population due to the fact that most players are in their 20's making abit of income, but are still irresponsible with money to the point where they rationalize spending hundreds (if not thousands) on a video game every few months. To each their own with their spending habits, but this business model will inevitably lead to a further decline in maples population, once these young adults start to reevaluate their financial priorities. This is why a server merge is so necessary - as the population continues to trickle down with players moving on in life, Nexon should be minimizing their loses by making small populations one less reason for people to quit the game It would let them squeeze this cash cow a bit more.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

    MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.

    No the decline in population is not due to "people getting older" it started when they made party play leveling almost irrelevant in the Unleashed update. Since then many negative changes have been made (ones many people didn't want) . In addition the game crashes /freezes that still happen + the bugs. Lack of communication is another one . Party quests still have bugs which make pqs uncompletable at times. Sure they made some party quests better but they nerfed stuff like R+J into the ground ,removed party play training maps for higher players (Added them for low levels, which aren't even relevant) The buffs to certain party quests came to late as majority of people left the game already who like that aspect. Many people left for private servers because of the negative changes and lack of party play aspects.

    Saying the game has "nothing to do" is laughable you have plenty of things outside bossing and training. It's just not many people do them..

    There was a thread that made a request to nexon to rework pq's. Only the the OP and I posted in that thread. I hate to admit it, but it could be a possibility don't care about PQ's. You guys can prove me wrong, by writing your thoughts in that thread.
This discussion has been closed.