[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Similar to what I said most are quick to attack and avoid the topic at hand what we need is to unite the community. Also we need people to stop coming up with things which isn't helping the problem at hand. This thread was created as I said before to come up with a solution still some don't get it. There are a few things we can do. We can combine all the world's and male empty world's or a option for people to isolate themselves. Kinda like a private server or ch. Also we can find ways for nexon and the community to elimitate hackers and dupes. We can combine all the resources we have and try to find a sound solution. This can be done and that's all the majority of people and for anyone who wants to act smart, "the people who are affected by this want". That's all we need and asking for my guidies and a lot of people speak to me about this and the thing is with people coming up with nonsense and saying things like I can't and we can't and not coming up with solutions we are losing people cause some people cant get their heads out the wrong place. Its not difficult. To dialogue or debate with people you dislike, but at least consider there's people livelihood at stake. This could be done but we will never have nice things if these people are let in to distract people from the real issues. Also nexons interest has nothing to do with us and that argument is stupid. Their interest is the reason why we are in this issue. So let's cut the garbage about nexon interest and talk about what this threads about which is the community interest I ain't fighting for no company interest I will always fight for the people I represent and you and who ever says that aren't a person who supports the people if the company interest is all your talking about. And yea I say my famous line cause I do it like that this isnt nexon hate speech it's only co structure cristism and ideas for the future to better help. "THE COMMUNITY THAT MAKES MS" riza voice of the people ;)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Riza, whats up with the syntax and why do you keep mentioning "this isn't hate speech, it's co criticism"?

    People's livelihood? how does this affect people's livelihood? and you're the one that brought up "nexon's interests" youre contradicting what you've responded with before.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a question for you guys that want the merge into bera, do you guys play in bera or have a character there?

    I made a mihile earlier to see what's up, and even though the channels weren't full, bera is unstable ( lag) it would take a few seconds to loot drops, switched over to fully packed reboot, no lag, switched to my main world, no lag. A merge of that caliber would ruin bera. and I use a 1300 laptop to play, so it wasn't hardware related, nor internet connection. Before you say, they can use the resources from the other servers for Bera, I doubt it would help, and it would make more sense to cut that spending altogether if there would only be Bera.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited June 2018
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this.

    Are we going to pretend that distribution isn't important? Ofcourse merges don't change the population they just change where people are located, which is the whole point. Merges should be a logical response to a decreasing population. With the current concentration of players in each server right now, every server but Bera isn't active with many players to play with. With a lower number of worlds, and the small population we have now, the population won't be to thinly scattered and separated, giving players the option to play with more players, making it more "massive".
    Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."

    I could of swore you were arguing that this interaction wasn't needed. And why do you think we are asking for a merge? There isn't many players to interact with if your'e in Khaini for example. A merge would make the game better at giving the opportunity for interaction with others.

    Although acquiring additional new players would be a logical solution to the problem, sadly it just isn't practical/



  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a question for you guys that want the merge into bera, do you guys play in bera or have a character there?

    I made a mihile earlier to see what's up, and even though the channels weren't full, bera is unstable ( lag) it would take a few seconds to loot drops, switched over to fully packed reboot, no lag, switched to my main world, no lag. A merge of that caliber would ruin bera. and I use a 1300 laptop to play, so it wasn't hardware related, nor internet connection. Before you say, they can use the resources from the other servers for Bera, I doubt it would help, and it would make more sense to cut that spending altogether if there would only be Bera.

    I occasionally jump onto my other account that has a character on Bera, I haven't really experienced any lag, but if its possible use the reboot without much lag (as you say) then its not unimaginable for Bera to be playable. Also, it was already explained that the problem wasn't the population, I believe the person who explained it was "SadVirgin" too lazy to find his/her post.

    I wouldn't mind if they didn't touch Bera and merged the other servers .
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited June 2018
    I see the forums are still incredibly friendly and fun.

    I don't understand this mentality of "Our way or the highway". When it's entirely simple enough to let players choose through world transfer events. The solution I believe that would make everyone happy, is announcing which worlds will be merged/allianced with the more populated ones like Bera, and allow players to transfer to worlds accordingly. Don't want to be crammed in with the Berans? Move to a world that won't be allianced with them, and vice versa.

    Of course if they could make the transition of moving worlds easier, that'd in turn make this entire process and issue far easier.
    emperor52
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    I have a question for you guys that want the merge into bera, do you guys play in bera or have a character there?

    I made a mihile earlier to see what's up, and even though the channels weren't full, bera is unstable ( lag) it would take a few seconds to loot drops, switched over to fully packed reboot, no lag, switched to my main world, no lag. A merge of that caliber would ruin bera. and I use a 1300 laptop to play, so it wasn't hardware related, nor internet connection. Before you say, they can use the resources from the other servers for Bera, I doubt it would help, and it would make more sense to cut that spending altogether if there would only be Bera.

    I occasionally jump onto my other account that has a character on Bera, I haven't really experienced any lag, but if its possible use the reboot without much lag (as you say) then its not unimaginable for Bera to be playable. Also, it was already explained that the problem wasn't the population, I believe the person who explained it was "SadVirgin" too lazy to find his/her post.

    I wouldn't mind if they didn't touch Bera and merged the other servers .

    No, please.
    I'm in Bera and this is REALLY dead over here... I don't even want to imagine what is going on in Scania, let alone Khaini......
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    I have a question for you guys that want the merge into bera, do you guys play in bera or have a character there?

    I made a mihile earlier to see what's up, and even though the channels weren't full, bera is unstable ( lag) it would take a few seconds to loot drops, switched over to fully packed reboot, no lag, switched to my main world, no lag. A merge of that caliber would ruin bera. and I use a 1300 laptop to play, so it wasn't hardware related, nor internet connection. Before you say, they can use the resources from the other servers for Bera, I doubt it would help, and it would make more sense to cut that spending altogether if there would only be Bera.

    I occasionally jump onto my other account that has a character on Bera, I haven't really experienced any lag, but if its possible use the reboot without much lag (as you say) then its not unimaginable for Bera to be playable. Also, it was already explained that the problem wasn't the population, I believe the person who explained it was "SadVirgin" too lazy to find his/her post.

    I wouldn't mind if they didn't touch Bera and merged the other servers .

    No, please.
    I'm in Bera and this is REALLY dead over here... I don't even want to imagine what is going on in Scania, let alone Khaini......

    I would love to see one world with many channels (similar format as runescape) but realistically Nexon won't do it, that is why I will be happy with 3 servers.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    HI guys hows it going I just came back from scania and khaini. It was nice and dead just the way some of you like it ;). Honestly speak what the guy above said is a good choice lets all the ones who want a dead server stay in it and allow people to move servers. Allow some of you to choose what path you want. We can organize this transfer during a time people, students and workers are around and not a busy season. Also just like the name change coupon is now a thing you can get anytime now, we should have a transfer coupon as some people change their minds and should be able to change course. Dark passenger I want to mention I never contradicted myself most of what I said was spot on. I said we need a transfer or to accommodate for the people who missed out. Til this moment still haven't change my stance. I came here to ask if we want a merge I still say yes to it. But if a merge is too complicating and a few people want to remain anti social and away from people then we should allow them to do so. I would vote a transfer over a merge if and only if it meets the requirements needed to make everyone happy. I know with a transfer people choose their paths. I feel they should merge the servers and allow people a exit after it happens. With this in mind it will help fix most problems. We can focus most security on the main server that is the main one and skim down and get rid of the hackers and duppers. With the least populated server it be easy to catch em cause no one else will be around to blame simple. see dark passenger how much "SENSE" that made. Made me tingle lmao. But yea honestly I think that was the best solution in this whole thread and I endorse either a merge or a transfer with a dead server for the anti social club. This isn't nexon hate speech this is constructive criticism and ideas to better help the community for better and fun community.
  • DeathTheKidDeathTheKid
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited June 2018
    If we do have a world transfer event, I hope we can bring all of our classes to the world we pick as long as we don’t pass the character limit.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    If we do have a world transfer event, I hope we can bring all of our classes to the world we pick as long as we don’t pass the character limit.

    Thats the goal
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited June 2018
    riza wrote: »
    If we do have a world transfer event, I hope we can bring all of our classes to the world we pick as long as we don’t pass the character limit.

    That's the goal

    LET the merge begin.
    riza wrote: »
    HI guys hows it going I just came back from scania and khaini. It was nice and dead just the way some of you like it ;). Honestly speaking what the guy above said is a good choice lets all the ones who want a dead server stay in it and allow people to move servers. Allow some of you to choose what path you want. We can organize this transfer during a time people, students, and workers are around and not a busy season. Also just like the name change coupon is now a thing you can get any time now, we should have a transfer coupon as some people change their minds and should be able to change course. Dark passenger, I want to mention I never contradicted myself most of what I said was spot on. I said we need a transfer or to accommodate for the people who missed out. Til this moment still, haven't changed my stance. I came here to ask if we want a merge I still say yes to it. But if a merge is too complicating and a few people want to remain anti-social and away from people then we should allow them to do so. I would vote a transfer over a merge if and only if it meets the requirements needed to make everyone happy. I know with a transfer people choose their paths. I feel they should merge the servers and allow people an exit after it happens. With this in mind, it will help fix most problems. We can focus most security on the main server that is the main one and skim down and get rid of the hackers and duppers. With the least populated server, it is easy to catch them cause no one else will be around to blame simply. see dark passenger how much "SENSE" that made. Made me tingle lmao. But yeah honestly I think that was the best solution in this whole thread and I endorse either a merge or a transfer with a dead server for the anti-social club. This isn't nexon hate speech this is constructive criticism and ideas to better help the community for better and fun community.

    I just took a look at Bera and was very shocked.
    But it actually is really dead... even Bera!
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    If we do have a world transfer event, I hope we can bring all of our classes to the world we pick as long as we don’t pass the character limit.

    That's the goal

    LET the merge begin.
    riza wrote: »
    HI guys hows it going I just came back from scania and khaini. It was nice and dead just the way some of you like it ;). Honestly speaking what the guy above said is a good choice lets all the ones who want a dead server stay in it and allow people to move servers. Allow some of you to choose what path you want. We can organize this transfer during a time people, students, and workers are around and not a busy season. Also just like the name change coupon is now a thing you can get any time now, we should have a transfer coupon as some people change their minds and should be able to change course. Dark passenger, I want to mention I never contradicted myself most of what I said was spot on. I said we need a transfer or to accommodate for the people who missed out. Til this moment still, haven't changed my stance. I came here to ask if we want a merge I still say yes to it. But if a merge is too complicating and a few people want to remain anti-social and away from people then we should allow them to do so. I would vote a transfer over a merge if and only if it meets the requirements needed to make everyone happy. I know with a transfer people choose their paths. I feel they should merge the servers and allow people an exit after it happens. With this in mind, it will help fix most problems. We can focus most security on the main server that is the main one and skim down and get rid of the hackers and duppers. With the least populated server, it is easy to catch them cause no one else will be around to blame simply. see dark passenger how much "SENSE" that made. Made me tingle lmao. But yeah honestly I think that was the best solution in this whole thread and I endorse either a merge or a transfer with a dead server for the anti-social club. This isn't nexon hate speech this is constructive criticism and ideas to better help the community for better and fun community.

    I just took a look at Bera and was very shocked.
    But it actually is really dead... even Bera!

    lmao what do u expect we have our famous odm's in bera market working very hard on making bera the worst server it can possibly be and I have to say they are doing amazing. Man its just amazing how some people can take something so great and amazing and just turn it to poop.But not only them we have other contributors to this. Because its plain and simple people who either don't care or don't know what their doing are the only ones making choices for the majority of the community. This right here is in fact very dangerous as a single minority makes a choice for a majority. Now we have a lot of people who talk very smart or maybe sound like it who ask me and a few people who posted here how we define a majority. Now we all know in society we have a majority and a minority. Now you can classify it in many ways, but when i speak about minority making choices for the majority its pretty obvious. In most our servers markets a selected few picks the prices and have control over the markets. For example in khaini there was about 3 guilds who killed majority of the bosses and controlled the markets this is in turn made them in control of the market. This is why khaini system of the market failed before broa merge, but even when merge To keep it simple remember anyone wants more info on this dm me on discord i'm in ms2 discord "shout out to cuddles best community manager" but yea what im trying to say is the few who are in control ruin the game. To create a better maplestory we must destroy the current one. As a quote from a very amazing person "before creation their must be destruction" this can be applied to anything basically. To fix a system you must destroy it completely and rebuild it. I feel merging the worlds can help this. Someone I spoke to said to bring in the korean death team, who ever they are they sound like they can do a better job then we getting now so we should give it a try. Lets destroy maplestory 1 and rebuild it. Lets merge the worlds and get rid of hackers, duppers and everything who makes this game horrible. Remember this isn't nexon or people hate speech this is only constructive criticism for the future and ideas to help stimulate ideas and thoughts for future goals and achievements riza 2018 ;)

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?

    I have to disagree with you and tell you that the proof we have for a merge is the state of the game... it really is dead! and I'm in Bera...
    It's a shame we still have such a minority who is trying to fight against the realistic and the only solution to this chaos/problem...
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?

    I have to disagree with you and tell you that the proof we have for a merge is the state of the game... it really is dead! and I'm in Bera...
    It's a shame we still have such a minority who is trying to fight against the realistic and the only solution to this chaos/problem...

    lmao bro you do know for some people common sense isn't a thing. Of course if you look at the state of the game it says it all. But some people are fighting for a non existent agenda that doesn't benefit anyone. I understand that arwoo posted this thread with the intentions that there would be people who can come up with solutions, but instead we have people fighting a fight that makes no sense. We the people need to have the game the way we want it. Some people don't want to merge with bera due to the fact of the hacker and dupper issue which is why I can't blame them also due to the greedy culture as well. Korean markets are good cause they help their own and look out for each other as a majority and not just a minority. This is what we must look at how other countries gaming community threats everyone. They look out for the bigger and little person cause it does effect everyone. Maybe people are fighting against this cause they want to be different, maybe they have a personal hate, maybe they doing it just cause they don't have anything better to do. what ever the reasoning is we must unite and do whats right for everyone. Even if I hated a person if I felt they were right for the job I go with that person. I at least acknowledge that some people aren't capable all the time if we like them. Sometimes we must entrust the future to those we hate if intentions are good. Maybe a person we do like can do the job what matters now is results. We need results and we need it now. I listed ideas for a better maple in my previous post but let some other people post real ideas to fix the game so arwoo and who ever can hurry up and fix the game. Remember this isn't nexon or people hate speech this is only constructive criticism for the future and ideas to help stimulate ideas and thoughts for future goals and achievements riza 2018 ;)

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?

    I have to disagree with you and tell you that the proof we have for a merge is the state of the game... it really is dead! and I'm in Bera...
    It's a shame we still have such a minority who is trying to fight against the realistic and the only solution to this chaos/problem...

    I'm going to assume you're for merging everything into Bera, since I stated my position on the last page. Ignoring the fact that your reasoning is not even the slightest bit detailed, it does nothing to counter or push back against my position. Having some sort of merge/transfer, leaving people with actual options instead of having to play in Bera, is another realistic solution to this problem; don't be short sighted and self-interested like the rest of the people that share your opinion.

    riza wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?

    I have to disagree with you and tell you that the proof we have for a merge is the state of the game... it really is dead! and I'm in Bera...
    It's a shame we still have such a minority who is trying to fight against the realistic and the only solution to this chaos/problem...

    lmao bro you do know for some people common sense isn't a thing. Of course if you look at the state of the game it says it all. But some people are fighting for a non existent agenda that doesn't benefit anyone. I understand that arwoo posted this thread with the intentions that there would be people who can come up with solutions, but instead we have people fighting a fight that makes no sense. We the people need to have the game the way we want it. Some people don't want to merge with bera due to the fact of the hacker and dupper issue which is why I can't blame them also due to the greedy culture as well. Korean markets are good cause they help their own and look out for each other as a majority and not just a minority. This is what we must look at how other countries gaming community threats everyone. They look out for the bigger and little person cause it does effect everyone. Maybe people are fighting against this cause they want to be different, maybe they have a personal hate, maybe they doing it just cause they don't have anything better to do. what ever the reasoning is we must unite and do whats right for everyone. Even if I hated a person if I felt they were right for the job I go with that person. I at least acknowledge that some people aren't capable all the time if we like them. Sometimes we must entrust the future to those we hate if intentions are good. Maybe a person we do like can do the job what matters now is results. We need results and we need it now. I listed ideas for a better maple in my previous post but let some other people post real ideas to fix the game so arwoo and who ever can hurry up and fix the game. Remember this isn't nexon or people hate speech this is only constructive criticism for the future and ideas to help stimulate ideas and thoughts for future goals and achievements riza 2018 ;)

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)

    Interesting that some people choose to resort to insults when their stance is being opposed. I don't know if you've even been reading the comments in this thread, but the people (myself included, of course) fighting against getting everything merged have legitimate points and do have common sense, as shown by these points. A forumer started the thread, not Arwoo; missing this is inexcusable. And there have been many more reasons why people don't want to merge into Bera besides the one that you stated. The blatant sarcasm in one of your comments towards people that want to have a less populated world doesn't help people listen to you, and you can stand to get rid of the self-promotion and all of the irrelevant content that you regularly choose to include into this discussion.
    DarkPassengerTachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    tl;dr for my response: that botched essay of a post above mine is mostly irrelevant and contradictory (even though the intention was to get people to bring more relevant solutions into the thread), and the only solution suggested in it was to bring people together.
    Honestly, the majority of that essay has nothing to do with this thread, and the bits that are relevant contradict either themselves or your point about trying to not be nonsensical here. Don't talk about Nexon's interest and what they would consider profitable? They run the game; it's expected that the majority of decisions they make would be in their best interest, whether it be profit-wise or for some other reason, and they have to make the decision about world merges (basically, it's on topic). You bring up the people you claim you've spoken to, but you also bring up this 400k number for ms2 (source?) and do nothing with it. Are you saying that you've spoken to the majority of this number? If not then it has no reason to be brought up, as with the rest of this. You not being in the ms1 discord (when I found the link in 5 seconds by going to the home page...), you being "the most community guy in nexon" and being helpful in 2 worlds, you calling yourself the best for some reason, and what seems to be your signature "this isn't hate speech" ending...none of that is relevant. And the only thing remotely close to a solution you stated in that entire post was to have the community come together.

    So then, can we all come together and agree at most we should only have 3 non reboot servers.

    It's better than nothing.
    But we all (the majority, not just a very few people) understand that the best solution is just to merge all the worlds into Bera, also if a very few people want an empty server so bad then we can easily just merge everything into Bera (except Reboot and Scania) and then give people the option to move to Scania, so then watch how just a very few people move to Scania (all those people who didn't like Bera as a full one big world).
    Also keep in mind, the most important thing is that those very few people who want a dead server, must be thankful for people like me and my friends who keep on wasting an insane amount of money (yes, because we can and our families are wealthy), so it's very very important to keep this in mind, because without people LIKE ME and my FRIENDS, those empty servers, no, the entire game wouldn't even be here.... because we all know what would happen if no one buy nx and spend $$ on this game.... so YES! you guys (the very very very few people who want an empty) must be thankful to people like me and my friends who wasted over 10k$+ in total (and continuing to waste more and more).
    Sorry for my english, I'm korean.

    See, it's things like this that are pushing me to start to not take some of these responses seriously. Why are you bringing up how much money you spend on the game? Nobody cares. This is a thread about world merges, not how deep your pockets are. And the fact that you're telling people that they should be thankful for you just shows how self-interested your opinion on the matter is. I'll be thankful towards the people that load up once in their lifetime to get a royal hair coupon over someone like you who tries to flaunt about how much money they spent to try and make people think that they are more important. Not to mention I have no reason to believe you.
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    Statement: Majority is an incorrect statement because the number of people arguing to merge all worlds in this thread is less than 10.
    Response: Your opinion isn't relevant because this is an MMORPG.
    ?????????
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Saying the majority is misleading because there's no more than 10 people in the thread

    Wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway, as many people have mentioned, this is an MMPORG game, it must have as many people as possible.
    And therefore, your opinion is disqualified from the foundation.

    watch out everyone, this guy has the authority to disqualify people from the foundation. You realize the number of players doesnt change whether there's a merge or not, for example, if theres 100,000 players total, distributed to their worlds, merging them all into one or three worlds wont add or decrease the 100,000. so "it must have as many people as possible" doesnt even apply to this. Secondly, an MMORPG isn't what you think it is, Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. which maplestory already does, it's the mechanics and gameplay that qualifies maplestory as mmorpg. You pick a class, and join the game. You can still interact with others. So what the game needs isnt a merge but more players if you want to say "needs as many people as possible."
    He's definitely right, you're completely wrong, because as he said, this is an MMPORG game, and we all know that there won't be any new players because Nexon do nothing about it, so our last hope is just to merge all the worlds, in order to make it a real MMPORG game, where you can actually really interact with others instead of interacting (see) hackers and botters 24/7.
    UserRed wrote: »
    Some people enjoy a dead server, like my friend who plays on Bacon.

    We understand that, but again, for the 10th time, you're a minority, ask around people, almost every single person you ask will tell you exactly what he feels and that he wants to merge world now.
    I've asked some people a couple days ago and everyone told me the same thing, they were like "who the hell say no to merge? they're crazy"
    Of course he's wrong, they're not crazy at all, some people do love en empty servers, but what it does say and show you, is the fact that the overwhelming majority doesn't want an empty server, everyone wants a vivacious server with a TON of people, great economy, fun with people, meet new friends, etc, we're humans!!
    this is just natural that we want to hang out with people and meet new people, this is simply just nature...
    Why in the world do we have to suffer for just a couple of people who don't like it? it doesn't make any sense.

    For the 10th time, stop using this majority argument (at this point though, I think there's nothing I can do to convince people to stop). Most posters here that use this haven't even given a smidgen of another legitimate reason for merging everything or possible alternatives. People are open to transfers and merges, just not to merging everything into Bera. Your argument doesn't even make sense with this, considering you get what you want (to be in a more populated server), and we get what we want. What's hard to understand about that?

    I have to disagree with you and tell you that the proof we have for a merge is the state of the game... it really is dead! and I'm in Bera...
    It's a shame we still have such a minority who is trying to fight against the realistic and the only solution to this chaos/problem...

    I remember in this thread, someone mentioned if they added the ability to trade all NX items with mesos (cubes, pets and everything like in KMS) reboot wouldn't be popular and normal servers would be alive again, I mean it could be another alternative to world merges. IMO some sort of merge would be best, but this is a good idea as well. It was briefly talked about in the like maybe the 2nd or 3rd page.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Like I said before in my earlier post give people the option to choose their path in my last post. Also its not insulting people im only pointing out what they said similar to what you did. I am only pointing out that we need a solution and from what we seen most aren't providing solutions only saying we can't. If we can't this thread has no place. it should be taken down and done with while for some reason the only thing I hear is We or I can't. We will have this solution solve once we can say we can and solve the issues. Remember words are powerful and what you say manifest. Now choose to fight thin air or come up with ideas to help everyone be happy. I posted my ideas you post yours instead of posting other people comments. I wont need to post yours cause why would I distract or post a distraction from the topic at hand. I care less about that, I only care for solutions and results. So you can post and find my previous comments and keep posting it. Most people who read it honestly will see some good points and maybe add on like earlier before. So like I said again lets come up with solutions, see how amazing and nice that word is "solutions" it feels like we getting something done already ;) . Remember this isn't nexon or people hate speech this is only constructive criticism for the future and ideas to help stimulate ideas and thoughts for future goals and achievements riza 2018 ;)

    RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
This discussion has been closed.