[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you feel about the V coin limits?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    MoeruHohei

Not to mention they won't even listen to our complaints. They aren't going to do anything if it doesn't bring them profit. Its pretty obvious that.
    Well I am gonna honestly refuse to buy NX :T =3=
    gorateronNairassoy
  • ArKaNoZArKaNoZ
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    sad, very sad
    gorateron
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to ask you all to visit my recent post, and weigh in with your thoughts if any!

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6403/an-open-letter-to-nexon#latest

Happy Mapling and happy holidays! :)
    ICSOblivion
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    This limit of 10 coins per day is absolutely ridiculous especially considering the prices of the stuff in the shop. The prices themselves are already far too high.

Even the combined limit of the V boxes and the santa boxes is lower than the limits previous boxes had. Even if we reach the coin limit everyday, we still won't be able to buy more than 1-2 chairs or damage skins.
    Andromedy
  • QuietAvianQuietAvian
    Reactions: 325
    edited December 2016
    It's honestly very frustrating how Nexon expects us, to pick and choose between things with a 40 coin total limit daily. Patching out these infinite coin things, is just showing they don't want things to just be easy to obtain. Everything is basically account locked already, aside from the books which are limited to 2 period. Not daily or anything just 2 Mastery 20 and Mastery 30 books period.

What else is giving V coins besides the boxes which limits to 40 coins total?! A few rewards here and there, but honestly the amount of downtime and such limiting players from finishing certain things. I'd love to mess with new damage skins and a few other items, probably scroll and cube the ring but now it's not worth it. I might as well go play something else, because we're clearly in the minority in terms of attention. I don't pay much care to really saying much, because leaving the game is the best answer. Which I have done multiple times, and not spending anything is the best we can do. Just it won't mean much in the end, when you have those willing to spend a fortune on anything.

Refusal to actually do anything, that allows players to actually feel happy to play again. You better shell out a few thousand for Uncle Nexon, to even play with things you wanted to in the first place. Oh noes there's infinite coins because we didn't notice this "exploit" in our code, we better patch it and make a lot of people upset instead. Not even mentioning it in the notes, because it would be a clear sign they were aware of such problems. Not to mention setting rather unrealistic goals for some players, who would like the reward for Burning and not extending the time for all these downtimes. Just throw a few 2x times together and call it a day, because that's just easier to do.

They extend cash shop items because that appeases, those who actually spent money and are impacted by the downtime. Just for the sake of those who spend little to nothing at all, you're basically having to grind harder and do more to even have an impact. Basically all these years playing and still not 200 for my own reasons, but honestly there's little incentive when a lot if catered to the high rollers basically. That and those who are well aware of such problems, that Nexon lets slide under the rug.

Give us a good reason we should be happy when you limit things, so severely and expect us to pay just to even play at this point on an even field. Big spenders can always sell gear for money despite the lack of enforcement on said rules, disallowing such things from happening. Who's going to stop this and that, when it happens partially in-game and partially out of game? Clearly not Nexon, but they happily crush the players who don't spend much or anything at all.
    AndromedyDelusionalMoeruHoheiBooberpuppyNairassoyWhirlwhindRithiasparebladeBelloPallyRedLeafHeart777and 2 others.
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016
    QuietAvian

It's honestly very frustrating how Nexon expects us, to pick and choose between things with a 40 coin total limit daily. Patching out these infinite coin things, is just showing they don't want things to just be easy to obtain. Everything is basically account locked already, aside from the books which are limited to 2 period. Not daily or anything just 2 Mastery 20 and Mastery 30 books period.

What else is giving V coins besides the boxes which limits to 40 coins total?! A few rewards here and there, but honestly the amount of downtime and such limiting players from finishing certain things. I'd love to mess with new damage skins and a few other items, probably scroll and cube the ring but now it's not worth it. I might as well go play something else, because we're clearly in the minority in terms of attention. I don't pay much care to really saying much, because leaving the game is the best answer. Which I have done multiple times, and not spending anything is the best we can do. Just it won't mean much in the end, when you have those willing to spend a fortune on anything.

Refusal to actually do anything, that allows players to actually feel happy to play again. You better shell out a few thousand for Uncle Nexon, to even play with things you wanted to in the first place. Oh noes there's infinite coins because we didn't notice this "exploit" in our code, we better patch it and make a lot of people upset instead. Not even mentioning it in the notes, because it would be a clear sign they were aware of such problems. Not to mention setting rather unrealistic goals for some players, who would like the reward for Burning and not extending the time for all these downtimes. Just throw a few 2x times together and call it a day, because that's just easier to do.

They extend cash shop items because that appeases, those who actually spent money and are impacted by the downtime. Just for the sake of those who spend little to nothing at all, you're basically having to grind harder and do more to even have an impact. Basically all these years playing and still not 200 for my own reasons, but honestly there's little incentive when a lot if catered to the high rollers basically. That and those who are well aware of such problems, that Nexon lets slide under the rug.

Give us a good reason we should be happy when you limit things, so severely and expect us to pay just to even play at this point on an even field. Big spenders can always sell gear for money despite the lack of enforcement on said rules, disallowing such things from happening. Who's going to stop this and that, when it happens partially in-game and partially out of game? Clearly not Nexon, but they happily crush the players who don't spend much or anything at all.
    Best part is they most likely won't even look at this thread and probably have ZERO intention to listen to their player's complaints. Nexon America has been this kind of company for years, and honestly expecting anything else out of them is really not really a constructive use of your time or brain cells.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    Please listen to your audience. Please understand who your audience is. I'm mindful of NDAs and will never breach or share such information besides what is publicly stated, but I want you to remember what demographics make up a majority of your playerbase.

Creating an event or reward that can only be obtained by playing practically every single day of the month is not mindful, respectful, or considerate of your playerbase. That is an unfair expectation of us as players when many have careers or a lifestyle that otherwise prevents us from being on every single day. Yes, we can manage a few days a week and for some players more, but I've now become disheartened knowing the chances of obtaining a complete Vengeful ring (among other wanted rewards) is now out of my grasp just because of factors I can't control.

Factors a majority of your playerbase cannot control.

You have control.
    Take control.
    gorateronAndromedysparebladedeadend5193KThxBaiNao
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    Did they nerf the drop rate of the Santa box? I used to get around 90 boxes per run consistently, now I am getting 60 boxes at best.
  • WhirlwhindWhirlwhind
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    ShiroiSenkou

Did they nerf the drop rate of the Santa box? I used to get around 90 boxes per run consistently, now I am getting 60 boxes at best.
    I believe they did. got 50 in one Evo lab run with drop buff when previously I'd get twice or more.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, the one time a year I have time to keep up with events like this so I can get a good equip like the ring, and it's impossible. Great. thanks.
  • DogePlsDogePls
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    I live chatted Nexon earlier and told them the problems. One of the GM's (Llaust) said the following:

"Sorry for the delay. We have received similar feedback from other players regarding the limitations. Our Game Team has been made aware of this and they are looking into it for further consideration."

Whether or not they'll look into it will be seen.
    gorateron
  • BidoofBidoof
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    DogePls
    DogePls said:

I live chatted Nexon earlier and told them the problems. One of the GM's (Llaust) said the following:

"Sorry for the delay. We have received similar feedback from other players regarding the limitations. Our Game Team has been made aware of this and they are looking into it for further consideration."

They won't. It's a blanket statement similar to "I cannot confirm or deny that our game is terrible" . It's already too late, they've shown us their vision on how the want the game to look to us, they're not going to back out on it.

gorateronSlicedTime
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    Whirlwhind

ShiroiSenkou

I believe they did. got 50 in one Evo lab run with drop buff when previously I'd get twice or more.
    Forgot to mention I was doing DI, but yeah... seems like they nerfed the drop rate across the board.

Seriously, Nexon? Nerfing the drop rate of santa box on top of placing a cap of 10 coins for the santa box? They are killing the ant with a wrecking ball.
    deadend5193Booberpuppy
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    I'd like to ask you all one more time, to please direct your attention to my post in the Suggestions section. General is presumable not read by Nexon, an therefor these grievances are going unheard, or are too wide spread.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6403/an-open-letter-to-nexon#latest

I would love for you all to share your grievances on this Open letter to Nexon, so in the event they do read it, all complaints both formal and informal, are laid out in one forum post.

Thank you again for your time.

PS. I agree with like this entire thread :/ RIP
    Booberpuppy
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited December 2016
    Well, the entire Holiday event is dead now.

Why not change the name of the update from 'Limitless' to 'Limited'? Because this update has been anything but limitless.

Fantastic job, Nexon. Just fantastic.
    AndromedyAlcheonBooberpuppyRedLeafHeart777RithiaShippou
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    gorateron
    gorateron said:

santa boxes only up to 10 coins a day after maintenance.
    TEN?????
    ONLY TEN????
    BooberpuppygorateronShippou
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    I agree the 10 coin limit is kinda low, but lets not forget that more events are coming up that will reward V coins. Let's hope those events are more generous.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

gorateron
    gorateron said:

santa boxes only up to 10 coins a day after maintenance.
    TEN?????
    ONLY TEN????
    Apparently, if you're lucky enough to get 2 coins when you've already gotten 9 out of the Santa boxes, you could then get an infinite amount of coins afterwards. But that's chance and Nexon might patch that up too in the future.
  • NexuunNexuun
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    DogePls
    DogePls said:

I got a ticket response earlier from a different senior GM, around 7:30 est, saying my feedback was forwarded to the game team. I told them to make the santa coin box limit 30, so that in total we will get 60 coins per day, in order to match the Korean event which had 60 coin limit boxes. Well it seems at least that the GMs know. *shrugs*

Time to wait, indeed.

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    I don't understand why they put limits to begin with. They have limits in their coin shops. It's incredibly stupid. Besides, it's meant to be an event....