[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you feel about the V coin limits?

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    PhoenixKumo

Apparently, if you're lucky enough to get 2 coins when you've already gotten 9 out of the Santa boxes, you could then get an infinite amount of coins afterwards. But that's chance and Nexon might patch that up too in the future.
    I tested it a while ago on one of my alt mules, and passed the 10 by getting a V coin prize (x2) when at 9 V coins in my inventory. However, the boxes then stopped giving coins at 101 V coin completely, last one going from 98 count and was an x3 V coin prize .
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2016
    Nexuun
    Nexuun said:

I got a ticket response earlier from a different senior GM, around 7:30 est, saying my feedback was forwarded to the game team. I told them to make the santa coin box limit 30, so that in total we will get 60 coins per day, in order to match the Korean event which had 60 coin limit boxes. Well it seems at least that the GMs know. *shrugs*

Time to wait, indeed.

They say that to pretty much every ticket they receive. They will forward the feedback, oh yeah, but they won't bother with it at all.
  • SmokezSmokez
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    DogePls
    DogePls said:

I live chatted Nexon earlier and told them the problems. One of the GM's (Llaust) said the following:

"Sorry for the delay. We have received similar feedback from other players regarding the limitations. Our Game Team has been made aware of this and they are looking into it for further consideration."

Whether or not they'll look into it will be seen.
    I once sent a ticket with nothing but swear words to them and i got almost the exact same response back im pretty sure they dont read these or they are automated
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

PhoenixKumo

Apparently, if you're lucky enough to get 2 coins when you've already gotten 9 out of the Santa boxes, you could then get an infinite amount of coins afterwards. But that's chance and Nexon might patch that up too in the future.
    I tested it a while ago on one of my alt mules, and passed the 10 by getting a V coin prize (x2) when at 9 V coins in my inventory. However, the boxes then stopped giving coins at 101 V coin completely, last one going from 98 count and was an x3 V coin prize .
    -evil laughter- YESSSS I GOT A CHANCE
  • NexuunNexuun
    edited December 2016
    RedLeafHeart777

Nexuun
    Nexuun said:

I got a ticket response earlier from a different senior GM, around 7:30 est, saying my feedback was forwarded to the game team. I told them to make the santa coin box limit 30, so that in total we will get 60 coins per day, in order to match the Korean event which had 60 coin limit boxes. Well it seems at least that the GMs know. *shrugs*

Time to wait, indeed.

They say that to pretty much every ticket they receive. They will forward the feedback, oh yeah, but they won't bother with it at all.
    I understand your reasoning and it's fair to deduce such a conclusion. However, I don't make my decisions based on theoretical absolutes.

• HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    inb4 V Coins (×100) in the Cash Shop for 1,500 NX
    Nightcrawl3rShippou
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

Oh, and Nexon ninja nerfed drop rate...=3="
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    Reactions: 785
    edited December 2016
    I'm pissed about the limit. Right when i was actually having fun in maplestory again they put a limit on v coins from santa boxes.. I'm so close to quitting ms forever. I probably will after 5th job. This game isn't good nor fun. I dont understand why they have such loyal players like me that has over 5 years into this game. I guess it isn't the game but the people that play that keeps us coming back. We all seem to play to escape real life and have fun but nexon doesn't want us to have fun and less people are playing so i'm guessing maplestory will be literally dead within two years.
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

Hiek
    Hiek said:

The drop rates isn't much to complain about though since you can cap out your V Coins with 10~20 boxes, but then again you can get things like Winter EXP Coupons which I been keeping them stacked up for my Alts to finish link skills and stuff, and saving the drop rate coupons to farm Nodestones after 5th job.

Oops maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that, they'll probably add a cap to only 1 or 2 EXP/Drop Rate coupon(s) a day now.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

Petalmagic

Hiek
    Hiek said:

The drop rates isn't much to complain about though since you can cap out your V Coins with 10~20 boxes, but then again you can get things like Winter EXP Coupons which I been keeping them stacked up for my Alts to finish link skills and stuff, and saving the drop rate coupons to farm Nodestones after 5th job.

Oops maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that, they'll probably add a cap to only 1 or 2 EXP/Drop Rate coupon(s) a day now.
    Honestly...I am glad I magically got 1k coins today...from feverish grinding on my V Tracker Alt...and capping my usual coins =3="...and magic ofc.
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    Lol a power substation near my house burned down so no power to farm coins last night........
    What a design for an event where the maximum number of coins you could obtain barely equals one of the rewards,
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

I'm so close to quitting ms forever. I probably will after 5th job.
    Why wait? To keep playing for the new content is to support them. Vote with your wallet and your lack of time spent in-game.
    I've already decided to quit 'till they fix this, and it oughta be TUH NIGHT.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I feel very silly for spending my extra coins on random damage skin boxes. At least I got my reboot ring.
    screams internally
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

I'm so close to quitting ms forever. I probably will after 5th job.
    Why wait? To keep playing for the new content is to support them. Vote with your wallet and your lack of time spent in-game.
    The loss of potential on equipment through Feddrick would say otherwise.

• EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    They probably capped it so low because a lot of players (myself included) farmed like hell before the maintenance so they're now like 'Nope' and well... yeah
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    PhoenixKumo

THAT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DISCUSSED ON THE FORUMS.
    Shippou
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

PhoenixKumo

THAT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DISCUSSED ON THE FORUMS.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6394/shining-santa-boxes-infinite-coins#latest

Even if I didn't say anything, someone else already had so it's already way too late.
    Booberpuppy

PhoenixKumo

Also, apparently it's not infinite.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    TokiToki
    TokiToki said:

It's even worse considering the boxes that give 30 per day are retiring on the 15th.

Not sure what to expect now. I'm pretty sure no one at Nexon actually plays this game and they're literally doing everything they can to drive Maplestory to the ground so they can finally get rid of it.
    they will probably continue past the 15th because the meat of the V update comes on the 15th, there's also Season 2 of the coin shop.
  • TiltKnightTiltKnight
    edited December 2016
    You still can break the limit if your Vcoin count doesn't reach "10", so if you got 9 coins already, make a prayer the next one should be at least 2. I dare you to fix this Nexon, I dare you.
  • fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    making the limit at 10 is identical to removing it from the box.
    I feel nexon overracted to the abuse that they might as well remove the ability to even get coin from santa box so no one will debate to themself to farm the box or not