[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you feel about the V coin limits?

Comments

• TiltKnightTiltKnight
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    we already screwed up the big update with our sh!tty server, constant d/c, lag, Burning event bug etc, we also shut down Gollux to fix it and now we put a limit on your vcoin cap per day to 10 so you can have fun time with our event. Do you know why it's 10, because we like it that way. You players might hate us whatever but hey, we still update our cash shop items weekly, dont forget to check them out and buy, we have massive discount sure you will like it, that will be our compensation
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited December 2016
    TiltKnight

we already screwed up the big update with our sh!tty server, constant d/c, lag, Burning event bug etc, we also shut down Gollux to fix it and now we put a limit on your vcoin cap per day to 10 so you can have fun time with our event. Do you know why it's 10, because we like it that way. You players might hate us whatever but hey, we still update our cash shop items weekly, dont forget to check them out and buy, we have massive discount sure you will like it, that will be our compensation
    woah dude, you might not wanna use that word anymore, sh!tty. I just got warned for saying sht.
    This OneLetter dude is our new forum manager I guess.

PlaySpencer
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016

Its almost like they fired the only bloody person on their staff who actually plays the game.
    PlaySpencerrKami
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    MoeruHohei

Its almost like they fired the only bloody person on their staff who actually plays the game.
    Not all of Nexon's customer support staff play MapleStory or are actively aware of every single event going on. That's why is very helpful to them to be as clear as possible.
    gorateronPlaySpencer
  • VM9797VM9797
    Reactions: 920
    edited December 2016
    I love how Nexon thinks....
    Hackers everywhere? Nah... no problem.
    Bots everywhere? Just chill.
    Bugs that can ruin the experience? We got time to fix this.
    Lag issues? Just DC everyone in every 10 minutes and everything will be fine.

Players getting benefits from an event? *NEXON TRIGGERED*
    -Phew guys today's maintenance went pretty well. We managed to finish everything by 7:00PM lest put the servers back on
    -WAIT!!! We forgot to ruin the holiday events
    -Oh thank god you mentioned that. The players almost had a nice Maple Christmas.
    MoeruHoheiKlaraPlaySpencerBooberpuppygenji123Zexceed
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    VM9797
    VM9797 said:

I love how Nexon thinks....
    Hackers everywhere? Nah... no problem.
    Bots everywhere? Just chill.
    Bugs that can ruin the experience? We got time to fix this.
    Lag issues? Just DC everyone in every 10 minutes and everything will be fine.

Players getting benefits from an event? *NEXON TRIGGERED*
    -Phew guys today's maintenance went pretty well. We managed to finish everything by 7:00PM lest put the servers back on
    -WAIT!!! We forgot to ruin the holiday events
    -Oh thank god you mentioned that. The players almost had a nice Maple Christmas.
    pretty accurate >.<
    PlaySpencer
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    This was the Merry Xmas message to all players from Nexon! Which translates into we have your money morons! Keep spending while we don't give a damn!

It almost seams like Nexon NA is a huge social experiment which is testing how bad a service can be and still give profit from exploiting gambling addiction and taking advantage of the fragile personality of some players that need to use this game to boost their poor self-esteem by flaunting their dmg. A perfect portrait of modern society , people are treated like crap and even want to pay to be treated like crap in exchange for things that have no real value.
    PlaySpencer
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

This was the Merry Xmas message to all players from Nexon! Which translates into we have your money morons! Keep spending while we don't give a damn!

It almost seams like Nexon NA is a huge social experiment which is testing how bad a service can be and still give profit from exploiting gambling addiction and taking advantage of the fragile personality of some players that need to use this game to boost their poor self-esteem by flaunting their dmg. A perfect portrait of modern society , people are treated like crap and even want to pay to be treated like crap in exchange for things that have no real value.
    To be honest, I wish I didn't care about any of this and I could just walk away from the years I have invested in this game...but it's just such a huge shame to see an otherwise extremely fun and great game (which could easily be the best most successful game in the MMO world, if things were run correctly) circling the toilet because of an apathetic and disconnected team at the helm.

It's not the game itself, but the people in charge of it, making these absolutely asinine changes, that are wrecking the experience for us players. It's one thing to adjust things and completely another to nerf things TO THE DAMN GROUND with an event like they just did. It's insulting and confusing that they haven't even given a peep of a good and insightful response as to why they are doing this to us.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

...It's not the game itself, but the people in charge of it, making these absolutely asinine changes, that are wrecking the experience for us players. It's one thing to adjust things and completely another to nerf things TO THE DAMN GROUND with an event like they just did. It's insulting and confusing that they haven't even given a peep of a good and insightful response as to why they are doing this to us.
    Note that I pointed to the company, not the game itself. Nexon NA is a despicable company, doesn't show any respect by their player base. Do not expect a response because we aren't going to get one. They are sadistic to the point of only mentioning the coin cap in the notes after the maintenance was done, plus they didn't even mention that the drop rate of the boxes was cut by 1/4. The major bugs weren't fixed, but they made sure of spending their time programming a way to poop on the players enjoyment of the event.
    Like I said Nexon NA= huge social experiment, you can have a company run by psicological unbalanced people and still have profit.

I only got my ring because I read reddit and the forums about the previous years nerfs.
    Booberpuppy
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

Temptation

To be honest, I wish I didn't care about any of this and I could just walk away from the years I have invested in this game...but it's just such a huge shame to see an otherwise extremely fun and great game (which could easily be the best most successful game in the MMO world, if things were run correctly) circling the toilet because of an apathetic and disconnected team at the helm.

It's not the game itself, but the people in charge of it, making these absolutely asinine changes, that are wrecking the experience for us players. It's one thing to adjust things and completely another to nerf things TO THE DAMN GROUND with an event like they just did. It's insulting and confusing that they haven't even given a peep of a good and insightful response as to why they are doing this to us.
    Cannot agree more with bold. Game is really good, but there are design flaws introduced by the people in charge.
    Booberpuppy
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

I only got my ring because I read reddit and the forums about the previous years nerfs.
    I did also get the ring because of this knowledge, which is not even how it should be. I felt a dismal sense of melancholy while farming the boxes, knowing what was more than likely coming next, and that I could not possibly later complete the task of getting the ring or some damage skins on other characters. Also preemptively feeling the pain to come from countless others who would suffer as a result.. A lot of new and uninformed people didn't see this coming and are experiencing the same shock we did last year with the reboot coin event.
    gorateron
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2016
    At 40 V Coins a day it will take 3 days to upgrade Vengeful Ring 2 times when you are able to buy 3 a day. Plus the prices in the shop are just crazy, like the 1,300 V Coins for Hall of Maple Warriors. Also the 27th is last day to get anything you want from the shop because the 28th V Coin Shop 2 opens. So as it is right now you can get about 680 - 720 more coins before the 2nd coin shop opens if you don't miss a single day.

Edit: Forgot the V Boxes leave is 5 days so you can only get about 300 coins before the new shop opens
    Edit: It's Party Time starts when the V Boxes leave and you can get more coins that way
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

Temptation

I did also get the ring because of this knowledge, which is not even how it should be. I felt a dismal sense of melancholy while farming the boxes, knowing what was more than likely coming next, and that I could not possibly later complete the task of getting the ring or some damage skins on other characters. Also preemptively feeling the pain to come from countless others who would suffer as a result.. A lot of new and uninformed people didn't see this coming and are experiencing the same shock we did last year with the reboot coin event.
    I got my ring because I was blessed by the RNG gods with magic....heh
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    It turns out I am still lagging and disconnecting non stop today.

I wonder what they actually fixed with the extended patch yesterday.... Well, other than stirring up this epic poop storm.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Status of the server: http://www.southperry.net/stat.php
    Reboot is exactly the same... They didn't fix anything. They only had time to nerf the event
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited December 2016
    Dnaman101
    Dnaman101 said:

At 40 V Coins a day it will take 3 days to upgrade Vengeful Ring 2 times when you are able to buy 3 a day. Plus the prices in the shop are just crazy, like the 1,300 V Coins for Hall of Maple Warriors. Also the 27th is last day to get anything you want from the shop because the 28th V Coin Shop 2 opens. So as it is right now you can get about 680 - 720 more coins before the 2nd coin shop opens if you don't miss a single day.

Edit: Forgot the V Boxes leave is 5 days so you can only get about 300 coins before the new shop opens
    Edit: It's Party Time starts when the V Boxes leave and you can get more coins that way
    I saw some one sitting on the "Hall of Maple Warriors" chair in Henesys, and a group of players standing around, pining over the fact that they didn't have it yet and how at this rate, they'd have to log in for weeks before they could get one. Yet this fella got it in one day, because he knew what Nexon was going to do ahead of time.

"A better Maple" they said....
    "Hear directly from you what changes or improvements you’d like to see" they said...

Well, now you're hearing it directly from us, Nexon. Don't do this to your players.
    The Blue Corsair
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited December 2016
    I am not going to lie, coming back as a lvl 222 player, I had fun collecting boxes, seeing actual upgrade process. Try out the new ring. The limit killed all my joy. Dont get me wrong sure have a limit, but make it reasonable..with the 10 coins..why even open a shop to display the other things? people will just opt towards the best anyway, And plus they messed up the coding in the first place so people can still bypass the limit. Honestly I usually dont comment on the issues that arise on big content update, but they have been botching it up from what I see. And PLEASE can we actually get some answers or a communication? It is so childish to phantom nerf the limit and update it on the site hours later, like really now?
    gorateronrKamiBooberpuppy
  • rKamirKami
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2016
    Sanjay
    Sanjay said:

I am not going to lie, coming back as a lvl 222 player, I had fun collecting boxes, seeing actual upgrade process. Try out the new ring. The limit killed all my joy. Dont get me wrong sure have a limit, but make it reasonable..with the 10 coins..why even open a shop to display the other things? people will just opt towards the best anyway, And plus they messed up the coding in the first place so people can still bypass the limit. Honestly I usually dont comment on the issues that arise on big content update, but they have been botching it up from what I see. And PLEASE can we actually get some answers or a communication? It is so childish to phantom nerf the limit and update it on the site hours later, like really now?
    I would really like for Nexon to explain what the significance of 10 for the cap is. They could have just put a character cap of say 1000 from the shining boxes instead of making it so ridiculously low per day.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    tbh, 100 coins per day from santa boxes would be reasonable like how they always did. 10 coins is probably a mistake.... I HOPE IT IS !!!
    gorateron
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    Nexon failed with maintenances in a very hardcore-fail-manner, and once maplers get a taste of pure joy of unlimited V Coins, Nexon absolutely MUST fail some more and nerf it down to a rather ridiculous number that most people can count with their fingers.
    Failure after failure has made me feel reluctant and unwilling to even play MapleStory. Fun was withdrawn in one maintenance.
    I guess it's about time I invest less money on RNG things in the cash shop. It's a waste of cash anyways.
    I will still be playing MapleStory, but the amount of disappintment Nexon has caused to me with their foolishness is undescribable. I will not forgive it.

Tip for Nexon: more carrots, less sticks.