[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False bans back again?

Comments

• DomtilleDomtille
    Reactions: 450
    IGN: Domtille
    World: Bera
    Class : Kanna
    Level: 236

Game crashed so I logged back on. Changed channel to my CLP map and got perma-banned for 3rd party software as well. GM gave me a copy-paste reply as well and am currently waiting on the response to my ticket. This is impacting so many players; hopefully Ghiblee makes a comment soon.
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited June 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hi Maplers,
    We are aware of the recent false ban reports in the Community and are investigating the issue.
    We temporarily disabled banning accounts with this criteria and will continue to monitor during the investigation.
    If you were affected by the recent bans, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/).
    If you've already submitted a ticket, there is no need to submit a ticket again.
    Thank you for the patience!

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28620/false-ban-reports-6-22?new=1

If we already submitted a claim earlier and they "solved" it by keeping us banned, what do we do? Mine says solved. I don't want to submit another claim and get banned from customer support, but because mine is "solved" I don't know if it'll be addressed. Please let us know what to do if we are in this situation.
    LWayra
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2020
    Nairassoy wrote: »
    -snip-
    As long as you've submitted a ticket concerning the recent ban, it will be included in our investigation. It's okay even if your ticket status is indicated as 'solved'.
    ColoursonPleinairIlliumAura
  • ColoursonColourson
    Reactions: 630
    edited June 2020
    As long as you've submitted a ticket concerning the recent ban, it will be included in our investigation. It's okay even if your ticket status is indicated as 'solved'.

Oh whoops, I just made a second appeal to Support but that ones has more information and proof of my account on it, will that be counted?
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Oh my gosh thank you so so sooooo much! You don't know how much this means to us! The fact they are working on it and an update. I know it's probably a huge task to take, but y'all got this.
    Does this mean if we were banned we aren't anymore and can log our accounts or not yet?
  • iLufriceiLufrice
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2020
    Hi everyone,

I am writing back as a follow-up to my ban, to my pleasant surprise it seems that my ban has been lifted! I just wanted to bring some good news and give everyone some hope as we definitely do not see enough of that. The past few days has been a roller coaster of anxiety and disappointment, constantly checking the forums and reddit for any updates while watching fellow Maplers potentially lose their decade old accounts to a flawed ban system. I want to thank everyone for posting and having our voices heard and especially OP, @Apocalyptian. I may not have replied, but every time I came back I would read all the passionate messages you poured your heart into which kept me hopeful, and congratulations on your baby I am positive you will be a wonderful mother.
    The initial replies and 'solutions' from the support staff has still left a sour taste in my mouth, completely disregarding loyal Maplers with accounts in good standing for almost a decade and not even having the courtesy to type a non-scripted reply is completely outrageous. However, I am still thankful to @Ghiblee for acknowledging our voices and giving us the update we have all been desperately waiting to hear.

Thanks again everyone involved, its been a hectic few days but I am grateful to be back on my account again, I wish everyone the best of luck in their tickets and getting your precious accounts back.
    QQNinjato
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    edited June 2020
    My ban was just lifted! I can get in again!
    Thank you so much @ Ghiblee for addressing this with us. I am SO happy I didn't lose my 15 year old account!!!!
    QQNinjato
    edited June 2020
    My husband just logged into my account and it's not banned anymore. My God I'm finding myself crying tears of joy!
    Thank you to all of you for your help, your support, and all of your efforts to make this dream a reality! I am currently laying here with my baby looking at me funny and smacking my phone as I type. Life has the most funny ways of changing things.
    I hope you all have the same success we did and thank you to all of you! Take care, good luck and happy mapling <3
    QQNinjato
  • QQNinjatoQQNinjato
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    My husband just logged into my account and it's not banned anymore. My God I'm finding myself crying tears of joy!
    Thank you to all of you for your help, your support, and all of your efforts to make this dream a reality! I am currently laying here with my baby looking at me funny and smacking my phone as I type. Life has the most funny ways of changing things.
    I hope you all have the same success we did and thank you to all of you! Take care, good luck and happy mapling <3

did you have to make a ticket or was it just unbanned? I'm too scared to login just to get disappointed
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    edited June 2020
    QQNinjato wrote: »

did you have to make a ticket or was it just unbanned? I'm too scared to login just to get disappointed

I submitted a ticket but I didn't have an answer to it when I tried logging in and it was lifted.
    QQNinjato
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    Algodona wrote: »
    We are legitimate and we have dedicated a lot of time, effort and love to MapleStory, it is not fair that this type of thing happens and we are not heard !! In short, this is a lack of respect for all players whether or not they have this problem.

No more false positives !! And if for some reason they forbid me for this type of comments, it means that they are reading us and they are not acting.

"I AM LEGIT !!!!"

I-AM-LEGIT.png

love the design and love the passion put in it I seen it worked and Nexon has unbanned people.

Thank you for being a voice of the voiceless.
    Algodona
  • ThonanyThonany
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    Thank you all for your support guys we managed to get through this together and thanks to the administrators who took the time to review the case.
    I was already unbanned from the game
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2020
    Hi Maplers,
    We are aware of the recent false ban reports in the Community and are investigating the issue.
    We temporarily disabled banning accounts with this criteria and will continue to monitor during the investigation.
    If you were affected by the recent bans, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/).
    If you've already submitted a ticket, there is no need to submit a ticket again.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28620/false-ban-reports-6-22?new=1

its shame that we are still dealing with autoban system...
    we need GMs and GM teams and this autoban system converted to flag/alert system tool for GM team
    even if you adjust the system criteria again hackers will find out what amount of trades get them ban and avoid do that
    (hackers allready know exacatly what trigers this false ban , they are the one that said first about this)
    at end we just get to deal with more false autobans like usual
    also
    ticket system has no idea whats going on and repeat same messages like broken record
    (i guess its already full from all the false baned players and hackers with fake unban requests...)

F to another false ban wave and all the legit players that got affected enjoy your off time and bebe box at end if that hahahah
    NairassoyPleinairQQNinjato
  • dontwanttomakenamedontwanttomakename
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    My ban has been lifted too. My account means a lot to me, and I am overjoyed to be able to play my characters again. I would like to express my thanks to everyone at Nexon for putting their time and effort and investigating this issue. I have been down all weekend, and you guys don't know how happy this made me. Thank you so much.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Hi Maplers,

its shame that we are still dealing with autoban system...
    we need GMs and GM teams and this autoban system converted to flag/alert system tool for GM team
    even if you adjust the system criteria again hackers will find out what amount of trades get them ban and avoid do that
    (hackers allready know exacatly what trigers this false ban , they are the one that said first about this)
    at end we just get to deal with more false autobans like usual
    also
    ticket system has no idea whats going on and repeat same messages like broken record
    (i guess its already full from all the false baned players and hackers with fake unban requests...)

F to another false ban wave and all the legit players that got affected enjoy your off time and bebe box at end if that hahahah

I had to put this in a spoiler so a big wall of text isn't there but I agree with you. I was in favor of in-game gm's which monitor and record these things before bans. Also, a human would have better judgment than a robot.

Also I feel that with bans should come honesty which means actually giving players reports "don't have to give out sensitive company info" but something to let us know what we did and the causes for our bans.

I feel a lot of stress and anxiety hit players hard when ban as they were in the unknown and what if the bans weren't lifted what would have been the state of mind of those players?

I'm in favor of honesty and good deeds and hope this massive ban will help them fix the system so legit players won't be punished for a selected few.

I am glad we still have our voices ;)

NairassoyWONDERGUY
  • wolluswollus
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @Ghiblee ,
    He gave me back access to my account, justice was done, thanks to everyone for their contribution in the forum, we listened to our voice, Good luck to you guys if you returned your accounts.

I am Legit Forever !
    I-AM-LEGIT.png
    edited June 2020
    One thing you may want to check into now that I'm scared to death to be banned again for nothing is that I have dced like 5 times in a row again. I also can't change maps or even use my perma tele rock. Also the cash shop disconnected me as well. The lag is real :(
    For now I am just so greatful to have my account back I'm just going to stop trying to log and try tomorrow.
    Just being cautious you know but wanted to let y'all know it still isn't perfect. (Not that I expected perfect of course, but you get the point)
    NairassoyWONDERGUY
  • LWayraLWayra
    Reactions: 645
    edited June 2020
    Many people have been managed to be unlocked.
    I'm still not lucky enough to connect, I hope they solves mine too :(
  • Juan_Miranda_MedelJuan_Miranda_Medel
    edited June 2020
    Enjoy Hiatus
  • PowersPowers
    edited June 2020
    So happy to see they acknowledged the issue !
    On another note, just my luck seeing everyone gets unbanned and mine is still isn’t lifted