[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Potential Badges

Comments

• piero3477piero3477
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2020
    I hope we can at least get a response from someone on the team at this point I think it actually happens is prob low but I a decent conversation shouldn't be too much to ask for at this point
  • SilencedPeterSilencedPeter
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2020
    This is why we don't get new players in a hardcore game because people have a significant advantage over the other
    and this creates toxicity and jealousy among the community.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited October 2020
    39% maximum stat advantage isn't that huge, get over it. The real issue at hand should be why Frenzy is not any of the gacha rotation especially given its value.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2020
    Eikahe wrote: »
    darik wrote: »
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Pottable badges were restricted due to orders from KMS not wanting us to have better badges than the KMS meta. Why go for the Black Mage badge when we have Ghost Ship Exorcist, and all that. I agree that it was a poorly thought out decision, but honestly the only way I see them returning is if KMS makes them the new meta.

Black mage gives genesis weapon, thats more than enough motivation to kill the boss.

While that's true, how many people do you realistically believe will ever reach the point where they can even look in the Black Mage's general direction? In short, pottable badges weren't hurting anyone at all and there was no reason to remove them anyways because they'd be gunning for the Genesis weapon anyways, as you said.

Not many but thats not nexons fault, this game doesnt require skill at all, its not like a shooter where u need to improve your aim and reflexes to kill the oponent, this game only requires time and consistency, if u play lets say 2hrs everyday for years, ull get there, thing is ppl isnt 1) consistent and 2) get bored easily .
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2020
    PugLife wrote: »
    RikuSama wrote: »
    The solution is, don't spend money until they bring it back, its simple, accept this thing of stop the events of potable badges WITHOUT remove the potable badge from actual owners is totaly unfair, any new character will stay behind of any old character, cuz the old character will have plus stats % and not just because the time played, if you simple invest 10000000000000000000 dolars in the game, the old player still have more stats than you, them want to fix the potable badge problem? Ok, recall ALL potable badges from the game, "but someone have invested money in this badge", ok, give maple points or nx to this player has rewards, or give him the "amazing black mage badge", the point is, i don't care if have or not potable badges, but if don't have, remove the existing ones, and yes some of my characters have, but and if i want to create a new one? If i love adele, or hoyoung, or just any other new class post sengoku/GSExorcist?

Think about, what is fair to you?

I completely agree! end game it is a 3-4k+ stat difference between having one vs not having one. I think if they want to remove them they should remove ALL of them or if they want to keep them for old players they need to offer newer players and characters the option to go for the same equip. Right now it's ridiculous that such a huge stat boosting item is only available to some and not others. They removed 40% boss epic familiars because they lowered the tier stats so why can't they either remove badges or add them back for everyone?

you cant remove something from a person who has been playing consistently the game and investing time and dollars into it just cuz a new player feels like its missing on something dude, by that logic, events that will never come back and gave exclusive items shouls also be removed right? Come on man come on, use your logic a bit.
    Plus new players dont give revenue, its old player who really love this game who spend real money on nx, new players come, play for a bit and quit, all games have to focus on old players more cuz they are the ones who give money to the companies, look and the whales, theres not a whale that is a new player, they are mostly old players, and if they quit, nexon loses a lot of money and that affects us all, since no money for the company= no game.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited October 2020
    even if we got badges, people would just complain about the next thing that they don't have.

i would hate to have such a cancerous mindset killing the joy of the game, and for most players the bit of increase wont matter if they don't even reach a point in game where that matters anyway. and Perfect 3 Line is not the norm either... that is like whale territory for non reboot, and completly reliant on rng.

even still people have cleared black mage just fine without many BIS gear, reboot has cleared black mage and they dont even have Bpot while also missing a few "bis" gear which is locked behind a paywall which even in regular servers a nice chunk of players don't have.

oh and ven if they returned the badge it would likely be an exceedingly rare drop or extremely hard to get or in something like marvel, the rage would ensue. and knowing that so many BIS items are locked behind rng, because people seemed to have forgotten a lot of them are.. would you really be surprised if they locked a pottable badge behind rng or a huge paywall as well?
    *laughs in familiar revamp*
    darik
  • SilencedPeterSilencedPeter
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2020
    If I was on main server I wouldn't even care if I have the badge or not since they get alot of sources of damage than us from Reboot.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    even if we got badges, people would just complain about the next thing that they don't have.

i would hate to have such a cancerous mindset killing the joy of the game, and for most players the bit of increase wont matter if they don't even reach a point in game where that matters anyway. and Perfect 3 Line is not the norm either... that is like whale territory for non reboot, and completly reliant on rng.

even still people have cleared black mage just fine without many BIS gear, reboot has cleared black mage and they dont even have Bpot while also missing a few "bis" gear which is locked behind a paywall which even in regular servers a nice chunk of players don't have.

oh and ven if they returned the badge it would likely be an exceedingly rare drop or extremely hard to get or in something like marvel, the rage would ensue. and knowing that so many BIS items are locked behind rng, because people seemed to have forgotten a lot of them are.. would you really be surprised if they locked a pottable badge behind rng or a huge paywall as well?
    *laughs in familiar revamp*

next thing would be medals for sure, how people got the broken SAO medal but the rest ddidnt, and that isnt fair for them lmfao...
    The fact that ive seen ppl without medal at end game content doesnt seem to be enough for them apparently .
  • iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    Still the best way to handle pot badges is to make genesis badge having potential so it would be BIS on any case.
    This sounds like a good fix, then more people would want the badge(even ppl with pottable badges) and there will be a way to obtain a pottable badge.
    darik
  • JackBanditJackBandit
    Reactions: 625
    edited November 2020
    How this has still yet to be addressed.. Honestly, if they have no intent of bringing pottable badges back they should just remove them for everyone and compensate people with them.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2020
    make them tradeable