[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What one thing would you change about your class?

CalwynCalwyn
Reactions: 1,670
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I've always been curious as to what the community would think of this.
You state your class, and you are allowed to make one change to it. What would you choose?

Personally, I main Mihile, and if I could make one change, I would buff the Blind duration on Soul Assault to 20 seconds, as I'm so used to the pre-revamp Blind mechanic with Mihile.

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    Battle Mage. Let our main attack hit up to 8 monsters again (or more) instead of just 6.
  • ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    Hero

Reduce Shout cooldown down to 5 second instead of 10 second. (This is the only efficient mobbing skill we have other than Hyper). Other than that, all we do is swinging Raging Blow (Main bossing attack).
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    gritty gust, such a bad hyper.
  • SilverswornSilversworn
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited November 2016
    I main a Hayato. Currently we have a passive (Willow Dodge) that gives us %dmg when we avoid an attack. It stacks up to 5 times so it boosts our damage by a decent amount, but we have no way of getting it to proc while fighting a boss.

My idea would be to offer an alternate version of Willow Dodge (accessible through a toggle), that allows us to gain a stack for every 3 seconds we don't take damage. Stacks reset to 0 when hit directly.

That would be one way of getting Willow Dodge to work in bossing. It would also place more importance on using Hayato's skills to dodge attacks, something we happen to excel at, so this idea complements our toolkit nicely. Other than that, I'm 100% satisfied with Hayato's playstyle and there's nothing I'd change about it.
    DeeMonNiceAsIceValryia
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    Paladin

Make Divine Shield an active buff ~ that'd be OP
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Either fix the beast tamer bugs or get a level 200 hyper like all other jobs.
    Bahamut_XSparkleeValryia
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    For Dawn Warrior, I'd make Sol Stance better/equal to moon stance by converting % damage to % Final Damage and cut it by 1/3. I'd also give Styx Crossing a purple hue (mixing red(sun) + blue(moon).

And for when they get Solunar Slash, remove the requirement to be in the air in order to use it.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Aran. I want a new skill with a wolf sprite.
    JettLuvsU
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Bucc

That damned pink maple leaf/aura. Before, it would transform you into either a blue/yellow saiyan with a blue/yellow glow around you. Now it just slaps you with a pink leaf. To make things worse, you have no other skills in pink. Octopunch? Yellow. Bucc blast? Yellow. Unity of power? Yellow. Dice? Yellow. Dragon strike? Yellow. Even maple warrior is yellow. There are hardly any other skills that aren't yellow. IIRC only low level skills and crossbones. No other pink skills.

The damned leaf also gets in the way of visibility. I find myself hitting empty space just to use up the charge.

And seriously, PINK??? I have nothing against the color but it's the least pirate-y color there is. Makes me wanna go YARRR-GGGH.

I wish they'd just given us a yellow glow or at least allow us to customize it or something.
    CalwynYakudlesteamconeKingopirates
  • CalwynCalwyn
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I wish they'd just given us a yellow glow or at least allow us to customize it or something.
    I'd love to see RGB-variable skills. That would be a massive step forward in MapleStory, but that would be TOO much customisation. Maybe a cash shop item that alters the RGB of whatever skill you apply it to? That could be hella fun. They already proved that RGB altering works with pets (chestnuts) and Kaiser's morph.

• CoppersannCoppersann
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2016
    Add the mini reapers back to the Battle Mage Skillset
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    Coppersann

Add the mini reapers back to the Battle Mage Skillset
    Those reapers where so awesome xD Would like if the reaper you summon after x amount of attacks would have a chance to summon a small one that lasts for x amount of time ^^ Would make BaM even more fun atleast i think so :)
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    Dark Knight.

Add cross surge back into range count. Yes, Ik cross surge is already shown in damage-- but I would like to see it back in the range stats.
    LilyflowerJenAskar
  • nebulite1nebulite1
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    marksman

make snipe 10 lines again.. (or more) i hate see only 3 lines a second
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited November 2016
    Fire/Poison Arch Mage

Couldn't say it enough to drop the bloody overemphasis on fire. Already have Blaze Wizards for the pyromaniacs.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Calwyn
    Calwyn said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I'd love to see RGB-variable skills. That would be a massive step forward in MapleStory, but that would be TOO much customisation. Maybe a cash shop item that alters the RGB of whatever skill you apply it to? That could be hella fun. They already proved that RGB altering works with pets (chestnuts) and Kaiser's morph.

TBH, I don't see customization being approved for the aura. Coz you know... imagine what a green maple leaf aura looks like.. >_>
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Marksman:
    make the Agression Resistence(the skill that absorvs damage from monsters) toggle On-Off, i hate to lose damage in bosses with %hp hit, losing that 20%dmg for nothing is quite bad(maybe just lose 10%dmg when it's toggled off would still be better).
  • SlickBackSlickBack
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    give every class some sort of drain skill. Remove button smashing. make buccaneer blast faster it's too slow. every class has something that needs to change.
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2016
    Luminous

Allow us to use teleport while jumping outside of Eclipse mode.
    JenAskar
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Dark Knight.

Add cross surge back into range count. Yes, Ik cross surge is already shown in damage-- but I would like to see it back in the range stats.
    Once GMS gets 5th job,
    In the detailed stats UI, you will be able to see a breakdown of your damage, boss damage, and final damage. Your final damage will now be included in your skill damage (damage range).
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

And for when they get Solunar Slash, remove the requirement to be in the air in order to use it.
    Can't you just use Flicker/Bluster to rush on the ground?