[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS-Raising Star Cap, Rebirth Flames & Neb Revamp?

Comments

• PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

If Nexon opposes the idea of flames because they need some income, they can put some flames and its materials into gachapon at a rate so crafting is still viable. Remember, Nexon is a company. The best flames shouldn't be behind a paywall. Most of the flames are from bosses and the materials come from extracting flames and from mobs. Having the flames be craftable is an ideal strategy behind making players motivated which is like the Cubic Blades and cube crafting, having the materials for Flames in Gachapon will just help in case of shortages if the droprate isn't high enough from Commerci, or if the veins aren't dropping the materials often enough for you. I am against putting whole flames into gachapon to prevent accessory crafting dying out.
    The level flames that bosses drop are intended to give additional options to already existing items which dont have AO, they dont work on items that already have it so they arent as good as they seem and will become worthless after a while as new items always come with AO on drop.

Without flames being craftable there are only 2 options, gachapon and events. On EMS at least they decided to just use the event option so you arent forced to spend money in order to reroll AO.

Or we could get the KMS system which is completely different but you dont seem to want that one.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

I'm trying to get Flames implemented into the Accessory System with as little NX involvement as possible. How is it bad if a system for gaining range depended on crafting, bossing and training and finding an item for 4% free stats on it?
    Flames is not inherently bad. Nexon has already stated they are not going to implement it anytime soon, and they could just as much lessen the power gap by reworking the current Nebulites.
    Daxterbeer

The upcoming damage cap of 10b is really unreachable (unless you spend a million dollars) and I doubt Nexon Korea would raise it again. We aren't stronger than KMS due to the lack of MEEs and our lower Star Force cap as well as events that offer items to boost range for free (free items and AO.)
    >Implying the 10b cap was set so people could reach it

It doesn't matter if GMS players are weaker by design (no 22 stars or MEEs). This is a cultural problem of Nexon Korea thinking that Western cash whales are the same as the hardcore Korean whales. P2P games are really common in Asia and they don't mind it, while Western players will scream when there are P2P elements introduced in F2P games.

There are few Korean players who have spent over 100k on Maple. No one in GMS's history is close to spending that much on a goddamn MMORPG, the closest is Santa. Who has Leg Pot and Bpot on every equip, godly lines on every equip, A neb on every equip and 15 star tyrants.

Daxterbeer

I don't see a problem with gaining range without NX by crafting and bossing if you are very serious about improvement. The system of AO is meant to benefit players who are are playing hard to earn range, not some casual players who don't care and prefer henehoing. I cannot stand players who talking about the damage cap because they cannot afford it, or they aren't putting effort into it. There will always be players harder working or have more NX than you. If you don't have the time to play, don't care or can't stand being behind, DON'T PLAY! I just want to improve the lives of PLAYERS who are still pondering how to increase their range without spending too much.
    lul. Are you the MLC member who Marksmanbyran said was sh*ting up the suggestions with changes only to benefit yourself and other high funded players? Perhaps you should stop having such a solo-orientated mindset. I know this game has shifted heavily to solo play but these things can be fixed by making party-bossing more appealing. They could make starforcing Tyrants cheaper or at least have a better success rate etc. GMS doesn't have to have MEEs or a 25 star system, they can tweak existing game designs.

Pro tip, bosses like Lucid and future bosses aren't meant to be and can't be solo'd.
    Daxterbeer

If Nexon opposes the idea of flames because they need some income, they can put some flames and its materials into gachapon at a rate so crafting is still viable. Remember, Nexon is a company. The best flames shouldn't be behind a paywall. Most of the flames are from bosses and the materials come from extracting flames and from mobs. Having the flames be craftable is an ideal strategy behind making players motivated which is like the Cubic Blades and cube crafting, having the materials for Flames in Gachapon will just help in case of shortages if the droprate isn't high enough from Commerci, or if the veins aren't dropping the materials often enough for you. I am against putting whole flames into gachapon to prevent accessory crafting dying out.
    Nexon America is surprisingly creative when it comes to how to milk this game. They don't need to rely on a new gimmick to squeeze dry some extra cash.

tl;dr This game has an obvious power gap and it's a serious problem. Nexon should address power gap first before catering to the very funded players. Yeah Flames is one solution, but it's not the best and doesn't really solve the problem. It's really just a roundabout fix, once someone is satisfied with the enhancements from Flames on all his equipment, he will hit a wall again (getting decent Bpot, starforce Tyrants to 15 star etc). And in the end, all you did was power-creep the game more because flames benefits all players.

Current GMS needs balancing changes that benefit low and medium funded players more. Things such as lowering overall exp needed to reach 200, starforcing from 1-10 cheaper for all non-superior items, starforcing 1-5 Tyrant equips cheaper instead of flat 55mil per starforce, bringing back stat diversity on every equips. At the moment, most equips are so perfectly average. If a Tyrant glove has 1 or 2 less stats than a normal one, that would be much cheaper. While +1 or +2 would cost far more and high funded players will aim for the best if they want to maximize damage.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2016
    Permolas
    Permolas said:

Daxterbeer

The level flames that bosses drop are intended to give additional options to already existing items which dont have AO, they dont work on items that already have it so they arent as good as they seem and will become worthless after a while as new items always come with AO on drop.

Without flames being craftable there are only 2 options, gachapon and events. On EMS at least they decided to just use the event option so you arent forced to spend money in order to reroll AO.

Or we could get the KMS system which is completely different but you dont seem to want that one.
    The ideal flame idea for GMS is a combination KMS's with the ability to craft flames and EMS's flames being scissorleess.

"tl;dr This game has an obvious power gap and it's a serious problem. Nexon should address power gap first before catering to the very funded players. Yeah Flames is one solution, but it's not the best and doesn't really solve the problem. It's really just a roundabout fix, once someone is satisfied with the enhancements from Flames on all his equipment, he will hit a wall again (getting decent Bpot, starforce Tyrants to 15 star etc). And in the end, all you did was power-creep the game more because flames benefits all players. "

No one has arrived at a solution to Nebulite. Everyone suggested Bonus Cubes in the reward shop already. I am skill pissed off that some people are worried of the power gap. I understand people complained about about it increase the gap between the funded and unfunded, but If Maplestory were rock climbing, we should pay attention on where we are look up and plan on what to grab onto. Looking at the person above you and measuring his lead in front of you is just stupid (can cost you your life in reality.) Remember that games are fun and there are winners and loser. If you are hate competition because you are behind for whatever reason, don't play.

I am against the Gachapon part; the only reason of Gach is so Nexon doesn't think they are getting nothing out of the system. What is wrong about gaining range if we are actually work for it by daily crafting and bossing?

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

I am skill pissed off that some people are worried of the power gap. I understand people complained about about it increase the gap between the funded and unfunded, but If Maplestory were rock climbing, we should pay attention on where we are look up and plan on what to grab onto. Looking at the person above you and measuring his lead in front of you is just stupid (can cost you your life in reality.) Remember that games are fun and there are winners and loser. If you are hate competition because you are behind for whatever reason, don't play.
    Your rock climbing analogy is flawed, because the top of the mountain does not move.

Let's imagine we had a nice 50-meter cliff to climb.
    Some people can barely get off the ground. Some others climb up 10 meters, or 20, or even 30. But more and more people are able, by buying the right equipment at Nexon's convenient shop, to reach the top of the cliff. And they get itchy. They say, "man, with this gear, I can climb a kilometer! why is this cliff only 50m tall?"
    So Nexon said, "Oh? Well, then." And they made the cliff 10 kilometers tall. Or was it 100km? Much much higher than they thought anyone could possibly climb. And what's worse, they put all the good rewards at least several hundred meters up.

Meanwhile the people down below, who can barely make it up 20m, are crying. "How do you expect us to get up there?" So Nexon allows them to craft a few pitons to get them up to 40m or 50m. But there's nothing to do there, either, because all the fun stuff is a kilometer away, where only the people who pay pay pay can get.

Now do you see the problem?

As long as the damage cap was set at 50m, I supported AO because I saw it as moving the floor up, and helping the unfunded.
    Now that the sky is the limit, AO raises the floor but it raises the ceiling, for paying customers, a lot more. It leaves the unfunded even further from ever being able to take part in real endgame.
    ZephyrusSpring
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Daxterbeer

I am skill pissed off that some people are worried of the power gap. I understand people complained about about it increase the gap between the funded and unfunded, but If Maplestory were rock climbing, we should pay attention on where we are look up and plan on what to grab onto. Looking at the person above you and measuring his lead in front of you is just stupid (can cost you your life in reality.) Remember that games are fun and there are winners and loser. If you are hate competition because you are behind for whatever reason, don't play.
    Your rock climbing analogy is flawed, because the top of the mountain does not move.

Let's imagine we had a nice 50-meter cliff to climb.
    Some people can barely get off the ground. Some others climb up 10 meters, or 20, or even 30. But more and more people are able, by buying the right equipment at Nexon's convenient shop, to reach the top of the cliff. And they get itchy. They say, "man, with this gear, I can climb a kilometer! why is this cliff only 50m tall?"
    So Nexon said, "Oh? Well, then." And they made the cliff 10 kilometers tall. Or was it 100km? Much much higher than they thought anyone could possibly climb. And what's worse, they put all the good rewards at least several hundred meters up.

Meanwhile the people down below, who can barely make it up 20m, are crying. "How do you expect us to get up there?" So Nexon allows them to craft a few pitons to get them up to 40m or 50m. But there's nothing to do there, either, because all the fun stuff is a kilometer away, where only the people who pay pay pay can get.

Now do you see the problem?

As long as the damage cap was set at 50m, I supported AO because I saw it as moving the floor up, and helping the unfunded.
    Now that the sky is the limit, AO raises the floor but it raises the ceiling, for paying customers, a lot more. It leaves the unfunded even further from ever being able to take part in real endgame.

"Meanwhile the people down below, who can barely make it up 20m, are crying. "How do you expect us to get up there?" So Nexon allows them to craft a few pitons to get them up to 40m or 50m. But there's nothing to do there, either, because all the fun stuff is a kilometer away, where only the people who pay pay pay can get."

If you cannot stand being behind, don't climb. If Nexon gave you resources to go up to 40m or 50m, it is better than what then what they had initially which was 20m. In 5th job, we are getting a new mountain. Without AO and Nexon throws the new mountain at us, the low people who were at <20m would be at around 30m with cores and such and those who were camping waiting 50m would have been at 200m. With Flames, the 30m could have jumped to 50m, but the 200m dude would be around 400m unless they are struggling with crafting. The people who were at <20m should be happy at least be happier that they made progress, not be jelly that the funded are half way to a billion after AO. If you don't like being down even with the crafting, you can always craft more. If you cannot use money, dedicate time instead.

If Flames were dropping from almost all bosses but cannot be used on endgame gear or needed a lot to get a good result due to the picky nature of the equips (filling a small car vs filling a SUV with gas,) wouldn't the system cater to those who follow people on bossing runs? If Flames weren't in the Nexon's convenience store and is just your own wear and tear (like how my moisture made my Rubik's cube very fast,) wouldn't that be fine? Reflaming gear is like switching the lubricants (if bosses dropped lube) around until you find the best one. The effects from AO aren't like water and metal which can lead to rust (I got a Carbon Steel Knife and I tend to keep it dry to avoid chipping.)

There was also that garden analogy I had at the beginning of the thread. You will always get supplies/ flames as long you do daily bosses or even outside for grinding (for preset flamed gear from mobs.) Assuming the flames are ONLY available via bossing and crafting, the players who are active more benefit more.

If you have a garden, you can use the food to feed yourself, or sell leftovers to your neighbor who ran out of crops for the day (selling to people who are buying flames for materials.) A third option is to offer your daily or accumulated harvest(s) to the gods of your server (the people who have 15 star tyrants and are looking for insane results.) Since they are most likely perfectionists, they will have the most restrictive items (RIP Absolab users because you need a high level crafting in Accessory Crafting) to flame and they won't stop until they hit something godly, and you can just keep supplying them and get paid because of their immense project. Players would benefit as long as they remember to harvest from their garden before it gets dark (do all your boss runs before 3am PST)

Even if you have the strongest gear, they require the hardest flames to customize its stats.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJdMZ_3L48jYHIXqImyMBk-HVPYgrLHnBlc292F4qPQ/edit?usp=sharing

Most of the dropped flames are available on low level geared. It is suitable for players making mule gear for the race. Items such as CRA and tyrant need more time since they can acquire at most 2 a day from Hard Hilla and Chaos Pink Bean. Items like sweetwater and Absolab require a profession as an accessory craftsmen. There will be time in flaming where you won't find your result yet. If you don't have money to spend, the key here is work and patience. The time is system will fail if players lack those.

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    this halloween event gonna make maple great again! STAY HYPED!!! also 5th job coming very soon too !!!
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

No one has arrived at a solution to Nebulite.
    What are you on about? There have been countless discussions about how to fix nebultes, I've made my fair share of posts about it.
    • Bump up the drop rate by a lot. I didn't even know it had been nerfed until someone told me, it was so low already. How are we supposed to make any progress when we only get 10-15 nebs a year.
    • As a follow on from the first point, get rid of the expiration timer on the boxes so they can stack, and put them in the use tab. I've never understood why nebs go in the setup tab, there's a big enough lack of space there as it is.
    • Get rid of the chance of going down a rank completely. Fusing a neb with another which is one tier lower (eg fusing C with D) should guarantee a random neb of the higher tier (in this example a C neb). In the same way different cubes have different tier up rates, you'd need the more expensive neb (one of the same tier) to rank up, but can use cheaper nebs (one tier down) to reroll.
    • Remove the fusion ticket requirement completely. That's a pay wall if I ever saw one.
    • To satiate the cash flow, introduce cash shop nebulite boxes which guarantee B nebs with a chance for A nebs. Being able to spend NX on upgrades is fine, being forced to is not.
    • Make the nebulite diffuser available for mesos, and make it cheap. We want people actually putting D and C nebs in their gear instead of holding onto them and waiting to fuse a B. They're not going to use weak nebs if they can't take them back out of their gear.
    • Finally, clean up the junk nebulites. Making faces when you get hit? really? What an upgrade! The +1 stat D nebs are fine, damage is damage, and if the drop rate is reasonable and players put in the effort hopefully they'll have moved off of D rank after 3-4 months, rng bless thee.
  • NovaDragonNovaDragon
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

Daxterbeer

What are you on about? There have been countless discussions about how to fix nebultes, I've made my fair share of posts about it.
    • Bump up the drop rate by a lot. I didn't even know it had been nerfed until someone told me, it was so low already. How are we supposed to make any progress when we only get 10-15 nebs a year.
    • As a follow on from the first point, get rid of the expiration timer on the boxes so they can stack, and put them in the use tab. I've never understood why nebs go in the setup tab, there's a big enough lack of space there as it is.
    • Get rid of the chance of going down a rank completely. Fusing a neb with another which is one tier lower (eg fusing C with D) should guarantee a random neb of the higher tier (in this example a C neb). In the same way different cubes have different tier up rates, you'd need the more expensive neb (one of the same tier) to rank up, but can use cheaper nebs (one tier down) to reroll.
    • Remove the fusion ticket requirement completely. That's a pay wall if I ever saw one.
    • To satiate the cash flow, introduce cash shop nebulite boxes which guarantee B nebs with a chance for A nebs. Being able to spend NX on upgrades is fine, being forced to is not.
    • Make the nebulite diffuser available for mesos, and make it cheap. We want people actually putting D and C nebs in their gear instead of holding onto them and waiting to fuse a B. They're not going to use weak nebs if they can't take them back out of their gear.
    • Finally, clean up the junk nebulites. Making faces when you get hit? really? What an upgrade! The +1 stat D nebs are fine, damage is damage, and if the drop rate is reasonable and players put in the effort hopefully they'll have moved off of D rank after 3-4 months, rng bless thee.
    Some people still don't know about if the tickets should be used on A neb fusion only. I haven't seen the B+ box anywhere on the forums but here. There are some ideas involving removing diffusers and just drag and drop to replace the old one like how souls do.

I, like dax, am in favorite for incorporation flames into the game because it would make crafting more useful. I would like a 4% all stat on a boot before potential, scrolling or nebs. I find progress from grit very important in growth even if the funded will take advantage of it.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

Daxterbeer

Agree on almost everything, stuff I bolded is what I disagree with.

If you are fuse two nebs of different tiers, you should be guaranteed a neb that is at least the same tier as the lowest tier that you fused. You shouldn't be guaranteed an A rank neb from fusing an A rank and a B rank neb, but you should be guaranteed to at least get a B rank neb out of it.

Also, I would just as soon remove the D tier nebs entirely, as every single one of them is junk
    Yonax
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    Nexon NA said no, and i support that decision.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    July
    July said:

Nexon NA said no, and i support that decision.
    More to the point, Michael's boss has said no, so that's pretty much it.

Point in question:

This isn't an open-ended "we are not currently considering this"; this is a final "this will not happen".
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Im gonna watch gms sink into the bottom of the sea with satisfaction.

If ao isnt happening, they could do the 25 star cap or do hekaton which didn't receive their final response.

Don't bother shutting me up, you cannot change my mind or silence me.
    ManiOh
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

If ao isnt happening, they could do the 25 star cap or do hekaton which didn't receive their final response.

Okay, NeoTokyoDude.

But that's why we have community managers and forum moderators! They can shut you up!
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

Okay, NeoTokyoDude.

But that's why we have community managers and forum moderators! They can shut you up!
    The only quotes i are shut up rather or tell to give up on the subject.

I would greatly appreciate if i get criticism on flames and nebs ideas than have people throw tomatoes at me for speaking.

I was sarcastic about watching them sink, but i am hoping someone can touch up nebulite availability and make crafting a tool again as well as allow easy income for players finishing their fourth job advancement and of course gain "strengergy"

I would appaude if you and the others can tackle these issues with 1 idea. I just felt kms had the answer. Oneletter or michael can always re use this idea if they are out of ideas for stability.

ManiOh
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

Okay, NeoTokyoDude.

the difference between this and NTD is that hopefully Dax wont spam threads on the subject of AO and try to bolster support through this or a previously created thread, if Dax posts new threads everytime though, it will be just as bad as what NTD was doing.

I believe that as long as the forum isnt spammed with "Gib AO Pl0x" threads and comments on the subject are contained to the same thread, then campaigning for it, even if it has been declined should be fine.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

Lmao. Even more salty than Clinton Supporters, because daddy Nexon won't listen to your garbage suggestions. Pro tip, GMS is dying and has been for years and will die soon, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of AO or 25 stars.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

Okay, NeoTokyoDude.

the difference between this and NTD is that hopefully Dax wont spam threads on the subject of AO and try to bolster support through this or a previously created thread, if Dax posts new threads everytime though, it will be just as bad as what NTD was doing.

I believe that as long as the forum isnt spammed with "Gib AO Pl0x" threads and comments on the subject are contained to the same thread, then campaigning for it, even if it has been declined should be fine.
    Derailing every thread that's even remotely relevant is worse than making new ones. Case in point: the nebulite revamp thread(s).
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Catooolooo

Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

Okay, NeoTokyoDude.

Derailing every thread that's even remotely relevant is worse than making new ones. Case in point: the nebulite revamp thread(s).
    Oh definitely, and I've already said my peace on Dax trying to derail other threads to turn it into AO proposal/ AO thread.

as long as Dax trys to get support without derailing threads that are for improving an already in place system or making new proposal threads for AO, they can campaign for AO all they want.

but making like 10 threads a month and derailing/ hijacking other threads is not the way to go if you want support.
    Petalmagic
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I Support This +10 , Bring Flames Of Rebirth AKA Additional Options To GMS , Also bring 25 Star Force While your'e at it ; )
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited December 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

I Support This +10 , Bring Flames Of Rebirth AKA Additional Options To GMS , Also bring 25 Star Force While your'e at it ; )

Daxterbeer

Assuming it is safe for me to speak again and this thread is relevant to my argument, there is a property of flames that makes it beneficial to players wearing low level gear than to those wishing to gear themselves up with primed Sweetwater and Absolab.

The best eye and face accessories in GMS/EMS are Sweetwater accessories due to them being to obtain 13% at Legendary and being able to reach 15 stars on star force in our version of the game. The "runner up" accessories would be Condensed Power Crystals and the Aquatic Letter Eye which both can obtain 12% at Legendary. Assuming that 1% per line is a small difference to Sweetwater, those who choose Sweetwater are considered screw due to the flaming restrictions of high leveled gears. The level of the flame determines what you flame with.

Similar to your character, flames cannot influence the stats of another item that is a higher level than the flame which is similar to how a level 30 thief cannot wear Absolab, but a level 200 can pretty much wear anything that is its job type. Assuming everyone who was upset with me saw a glance of my Googledoc might remember the abundance of 110 flames from the easier bosses opposed to the 150 flames which drop primarily for CRA and harder bosses. Players who get wear "flammable clothing" (XD) can easily re-roll their stats every boss compared to those who wear higher level gears.

Returning back to Sweetwater and Absolab, people might notice there aren't any 160+ flames out there. In this scenario, those who plan to polish their high end gear must resort to using scarcer Eternal and Powerful flames obtained via crafting as a Jeweler or wait until an event shop rolls in with Eternal and Powerful Flames. Crafted flames require materials from extracted pre existing flames, the counterpart of a "cubic blade" and some of the new crafting materials introduced during the RED Patch such as spell essences.

The idea of crafting Flames utilizes are the new items introduced during the RED patch as well as proving that Accessory Crafting can be just as good as Smithing (people use smithing for Meister Cubes.) Another idea this system would promote is some sort of interaction the community. Players sporting items that are only compatible with crafted flames will demand a high amount materials to make crafted flames. Players who take advantage on the dropped flames from other bosses can sell these flames to the rich so they could use them for materials for the crafted flames. The player who sold the materials would get income which they can use on affording new gear, scrolls etc. Since most "godly" players won't rest until they get the best additional stats, they would be buying materials on a daily basis which allows materials suppliers to benefit everyday.

GMS's community should cooperate more and craft more, and in return become stronger,

Increasing star caps would allow users to make make use of Absolab and the ridiculously difficult to obtain Umbra equipment worth getting. The raw attack obtained of the weapon, set attack and high stats obtained from stars above 16 can surpass Tyrants and the CRA combo.

Players who choose to use high level and plan to enhance it to their liking would dedicate more time crafting. Players using lower level geared no more than level 150 shouldn't have to much trouble reconfiguring their gear considering their items are more compatible with dropped flames from bosses. I kind of like this trade-off where players who use higher level items need more maintenance where it can help other players because he/she is asking them for materials and their support.

This system is not really for power, but is to make a community that can help one another.

I also forgot, Flames stack like potions and there are only 5 main types that can stack since Maplestory is also about chair collecting :D. 5 slots shouldn't conflict with our potions cubes and stuff. If only Nebulites were redesigned so they can stack.