[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Whats going to happen to events if we were to use seperate time? Are the events going to be at server times?(Ex. 12Am PST for a certain event on NA server while EU server's same event will be at 12Am UTC) Or are they going to be in the same time? (Ex. 12Am PST for both server)
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    NOT FAIR FOR EST PLAYERS. 1 am est ,, 2 am est flagrace? no????
    CSpineappleLilyflowerSherri
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited November 2016
    Why not give everyone their own timezone? That seems like the best solution and it wouldn't create confusion among the maplers. It's fair to both europe and 'murica Happy Mapling!
    deadend5193
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    I don't think 2 times is possible, game is rotational based on 1 clocked time idk how youd seperate
    LilyflowerBIackbean
  • CSpineappleCSpineapple
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    Why is there even a vote for the matter? No the obvious answer is to go back to older times? What, do you expect us to do events starting at 1:00 am EST? This vote is dumb.
    BIackbeanSherri
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited November 2016
    KEEP THE TIME THE SAME. BETTER TO GIVE FIRST IMPRESSION FOR EMS. THEY NEVER WANTED TO JOIN GMS, BUT THEY WERE FORCED TO. LISTEN TO EMS!!!!!!!!
    LilyflowerKylehell007
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    I believe it's fully possible to have 2 different times on the different regions seeing as us servers are hosted in USA and the European is hosted in the EU so they should be able to add different timezones for each region.
  • OdibiilOdibiil
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    Please dont change the American servers to accommodate ems leave us with out old times ! Leave ems with there time
    zChrisSherri
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited November 2016
    I voted for separate time zones for each server. Personally, due to my schedule I can't boss with my guild until 5:30 Central time, which is just before midnight UCT when things reset. It takes us more than 30 minutes to fight bosses, so it will be really confusing figuring out what to do b/c bosses will reset halfway by the time we are done. T_T

I'm not a fan of the time zone change at all, better to user time zones that favor each server so there is less inconvenience for players
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited November 2016
    2 times are possible El Nido was set in EST
    Kylehell007
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited November 2016
    Keep it the same CST. We need to welcome EMS. Or just completely rearrange the EVENT TIMES. Since 1 am est 2 am est. IS NOT GOOD FOR EST PLAYERS.

the better deal is COMPROMISE NEW TIME ZONE OUT OF EST/ PST or CST. Instead, make new event times.

If we're gonna revolutionize. LETS MAKE THE REAL CHANGES.

MAKE NEXON GREAT AGAIN!
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Tashie
    Tashie said:

2 times are possible El Nido was set in EST
    Vaguely recall hearing that the separate timezones allowed for duping when the servers went down for maintenance though.
    Kylehell007
  • richmanfrombroarichmanfrombroa
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Why would you change this in the first place? Or was it an accident?
  • JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    Voted for seperate times for EU and NA servers. Unless everything is adjusted along the UTC standard, this would just get really confusing... better to keep it as it was originally in both regions.
    PerceptivityYonaxSherri
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I've been playing on Global (Old account) for many years now. I played a bit of EMS for the custom content but mostly GMS because of the faster updates and it came out first of course and I started it before EMS. As such I've made much more progress in GMS and have much more friends over here. In fact now i've lost most interest in playing EMS to be honest the content is exactly the same, I have nothing worthwhile in my EMS account and my friend list (of what little friends I had over there) has been wiped. Over those years playing Global I've missed out on many time based events which happen . Which was frustrating at times . But I guess they can't please everyone? Unless they do timed based events all day long server time. You now have global playersand Europeans in both servers. So more event timings need adding for most of the server time duration.

Also EMS players received some of the events GMS has had for quite awhile now, however the events are set to end at the same time as on Global. They should be given more time to participate in those events.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

Definitely look into extending the FriendStory Orchid Phone Quest. It used to be 11PM-12AM EST, but now that would be shifted to 4-5PM EST. For longer maintenance (should they still happen at the same PST time), it is far more likely this time will get overlapped and players will get forcibly reset. The other option would make the requirement non-consecutive days. In both cases, the dialog becomes a bit inaccurate (it talks about night time and consecutive calling), but considering this timezone change, at least one of these options is required.

And of course, there is various other content to be revisited. It might be useful, if the change is kept permanently, for us to create a list of all time-limited content and repetitive events that should be modified accordingly.

yes, keep the change permanent -- then adjust accordingly. @KThxBaiNao.

We must maintain our hospitality towards EMS players. They were given no choice.

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    "Use PST for the North American server and Central European Time (CET) for the European server." What's the event time going to be like if this choice was accepted?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited November 2016
    Yes, we need way more information before we actually even delve into the discussion of reverting back or changing something. @KThxBaiNao
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    @Blackbean I will gather the information that I am able to, and edit the OP with new information.

Will bump this thread as well.
    Kylehell007BIackbeanIts2Sharp4U
  • zChriszChris
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016
    This update shouldn't have happened. If they hadn't put "Game server time will be changed to UTC" in the patch notes, and left everything the way it has been for a decade, the reaction would be an order of magnitude smaller than what we've seen.