[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    considering I believe most of the playerbase is based in 'murica since you're server merging with us, shouldn't we use PST? lmao
  • KillerLuzxKillerLuzx
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, I was expecting to meet some people from EU server, but since nexon isn't combining a servers together, just 2 servers on one client, nexon shouldn't have changed the times or anything. Everyone is basically staying where they are, nothing is going to change, combining the two servers was just a huge waste of a patch
    DawnedCrisis
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Ok yeah this is confusing. Hot days and stuff is still PST apparently so you can't relog and get rewards after server resets at UTC time.
  • super118super118
    Reactions: 235
    edited November 2016
    since this is Global Maplestory, why not just run in game events 24 hours a day instead of the random 6am to 12am. That why it is better and no matter where you live, you can participate in the events.
    Its2Sharp4UAramyWaifuHime
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    KillerLuzx

Honestly, I was expecting to meet some people from EU server, but since nexon isn't combining a servers together, just 2 servers on one client, nexon shouldn't have changed the times or anything. Everyone is basically staying where they are, nothing is going to change, combining the two servers was just a huge waste of a patch
    same i thought people were joining our server/ world. but aparently no EMS people came or to my knowledge/ or what i see. no1 came to bera?

• JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

KillerLuzx

same i thought people were joining our server/ world. but aparently no EMS people came or to my knowledge/ or what i see. no1 came to bera?

Most EU players who have moved to NA servers went to Reboot as we didn't get it on EMS and have actually been there since before migration. they moved pretty much as soon as GMS servers were no longer locked out to EU players. this was kinda confirmed for me last night after watching my Fiancé play reboot and seeing him run into 5 EU players in the first 5 minutes of creating his character.

I'm not sure about others staying on Luna, but the reason I'm staying there is because it's where all of my friends are. It's taken a while to build up what I have there. I don't like the idea of starting all over again and I'm sure others feel the same.
  • ForumKousForumKous
    Reactions: 1,085
    edited November 2016
    Very good idea to start a poll like this :)!
  • InvalidNameInvalidName
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Us loyal GMS players shouldn't be forced to change just so we can accommodate europeans. If Europeans want to play GMS then they should be forced to integrate. This is exactly why Donald Trump won.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    InvalidName

Us loyal GMS players shouldn't be forced to change just so we can accommodate europeans. If Europeans want to play GMS then they should be forced to integrate. This is exactly why Donald Trump won.
    ...Dissappoint.
    YonaxJenAskar
  • JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    InvalidName

well, we weren't given a choice. And considering Luna's server is STILL based in EU (hence the option between NA and EU in the launcher) EMS technically still exists. Not everyone plays on the GMS servers we just have the option to. Just like you have the option to play on the EMS server now (and in your case, Don't).

THIS is why the server times should be separated between EU and NA.
    Plutia
    Plutia said:

considering I believe most of the playerbase is based in 'murica since you're server merging with us, shouldn't we use PST? lmao
    We havent merged servers. Just the launcher
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    I am from Europe and i get used to PST time. This change makes me confuse. I like PST more
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Why the hell would you change both servers to UTL time zones, and not adjust time zone accordingly to the Europe and American servers? What on earth possessed you to put the AMERICAN server in a UTL time zone?
    You shouldn't have made a poll to ask us what you should do, you should have used your heads and automatically Use PST for the North American server and Central European Time (CET) for the European server... I'm just now understanding what my friends are talking about when they said their boss runs reset early because all my boss runs/events reset and I haven't even got to do any of my bosses from today because they already reset for today LOL?
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    And another result of the UTC change, guild supplies are now available from Sunday, 4PM PST until Monday, 4PM PST, unlike before, where they were obtainable from Monday morning, 12AM PST until Monday night, shortly before Tuesday 12AM PST. So people, like me, who like to get their guild supplies Monday evening (PST) will basically be missing out because by then it is already Tuesday UTC. So I will have to get my guild supplies tomorrow morning as I am nowhere near a computer where I can get them in the early afternoon.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Please do not change the server time. The previous timezone made players in the EST timezone have day resets at 3 AM.
    3 AM IS NOT REASONABLE.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Please do not change the server time. The previous timezone made players in the EST timezone have day resets at 3 AM.
    3 AM IS NOT REASONABLE.
    Why not?
    You play Maple, then you go to sleep, and when you wake up, it's a new day.
    Most natural way to handle game-days, as far as I can see.

I don't understand why people think they have to be online at reset.
    TubaIts2Sharp4UDiannika
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    So after a few days of this new reset. It just confuses me.
    Hot days and cash shop sales still run until the old reset (8 am UTC) when I'm used to all those things being reset/available upon the server resetting. It's just more times to keep track of and it's super annoying. It's probably easier to just change it back instead of having to tweak every single thing that's currently off.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    People that are employed and in EST/PST can manage their time better. With UTC, the majority of resets would occur between 4pm~8pm. Players with regular full time jobs typically work 8am-4pm~ and would benefit the most from this. If you're unaffected by "people think they have to be online at reset" then this timezone change should not affect you and there's no reason for you to be upset about these changes.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

People that are employed and in EST/PST can manage their time better with UTC. Your day would typically reset between 4PM~8PM which is when players with regular full time jobs typically arrive back from work and that is when their day would begin.
    While those of us in PST...or at least me, get screwed due to me not getting home till after reset...and I normally would use the evening to FINISH dailies so I can relax and do boss farming on alts...after a lot of calculating...I lost all of my Boss farming time due to having to finish dailies in the morning :T
    Tuba
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The servers being in PST was never fair to EST players though. It doesn't "meet halfway" with everyone's needs, only the needs of PST players. What are your thoughts on instead of UTC maybe a timezone that's a 2~3 hr offset from the current UTC time? Wouldnt that meet halfway??
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

The servers being in PST was never fair to EST players though. It doesn't "meet halfway" with everyone's needs, only the needs of PST players. If you're in PST and your reset was at 3-4 AM PST wouldn't you be unhappy with that? Put yourself in EST players shoes. What would be your thoughts on the subject if YOUR reset was at 4 AM in PST???
    And again I ask: what's wrong with reset at 4AM?
    Reset is supposed to be in the middle of the night, while you sleep. You're acting as if you're supposed to be online at reset. Why?
    Tuba