[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DISCUSSION] V

Comments

• WritersWordWritersWord
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    okay...your special 2017!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Riku593
    Riku593 said:

I have a question which is also a suggestion in a way.

Firstly I would like to ask if there is any approximation for the size of the V update?

Secondly I am on a limited data plan with my ISP and I would like to know before hand how much data a patch is gonna use, so I think it would be nice if the size of the patch could also be added to the patcher as well as the progress.

Thank you.
    When a patch file becomes available, southperry.net's bot posts something like this: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79389
    As you can see, it tells you the size of the file.
  • imabeast4shwimabeast4shw
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Yo this is Beast from Windia. If Kookie is out there...at the time she was a Cleric. Message me yeah? It's been like 50 years since was last on.
  • LynerusLynerus
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited November 2016
    Hope this helps maple as im even bored and hardly play much anymore

Also pet pickup lag needs to die.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

The auction house actually almost kills the NX blackmarket though...... Why would anyone participate in the blackmarket when they have a huge chance of being scammed and a smaller chance of being banned over it when they can now buy it legitimately with no repercussions and 0% chance of being scammed? Auction house will hurt the blackmarket, not make it prosper
    Auction House and Meso Market are two different things.
    I hope we are getting both, but we haven't been told so.
    I thought meso market was bundled in with Auction House (meaning that you access it from Auction House), but if I am wrong I apologize.

Either way, assuming we don't get a butchered auction house, it will still hurt the blackmarket a great deal due to being allowed to trade almost all CS items on the auction house (if we get the version KMS has)
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited November 2016
    how does the sharing work...i shared today but didnt get anymore points
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

The auction house actually almost kills the NX blackmarket though...... Why would anyone participate in the blackmarket when they have a huge chance of being scammed and a smaller chance of being banned over it when they can now buy it legitimately with no repercussions and 0% chance of being scammed? Auction house will hurt the blackmarket, not make it prosper
    Auction House and Meso Market are two different things.
    I hope we are getting both, but we haven't been told so.
    I thought meso market was bundled in with Auction House (meaning that you access it from Auction House), but if I am wrong I apologize.

Either way, assuming we don't get a butchered auction house, it will still hurt the blackmarket a great deal due to being allowed to trade almost all CS items on the auction house (if we get the version KMS has)
    Nope, not that either.
    KMS allows selling Cash items in FM, too.
  • SkeithSkeith
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Inserting a relatively newbie V update question here... Does the all skill + 2 lines potential or set bonus or wep soul bonus work on the core skills. I am also wondering if the same applies for the decent combat order skill. I do have something like all skills + 5 so I'm asking since it will be nice if it works on core skills!
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I'll firmly believing that this V-Patch will exercise the past demons Big Bang brought into Maplestory.
    Starting anew era of that will rekindle maplestory to glory again.

PonPon
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Skeith
    Skeith said:

Inserting a relatively newbie V update question here... Does the all skill + 2 lines potential or set bonus or wep soul bonus work on the core skills. I am also wondering if the same applies for the decent combat order skill. I do have something like all skills + 5 so I'm asking since it will be nice if it works on core skills!
    I dont believe they do for balance purpose

also I believe the function of the skill spoofs skill points; the V core system doesn't use skill points at all
    gamechanger

at first Meso market and AH was separate then at some point Meso market did use to have a bundled UI with AH, then they were separated again before the V update
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nope, not that either.
    well the feature could possibly be implemented in AH, but you are most likely right, they will probably dissable selling CS items and disable the Cash tab of the AH.

I'm just happy we have confirmation on getting AH finally.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Is that actual hype I hear coming from this thread?

I'm not that hyped TBH. To a cynical, monotone, and insultingly average joe like me, this may as well be just another balancing update.

Besides, Pokemon Sun and Moon have all my hype right now anyways.
    I thought I was the only one not hyped. I don't have a ton of money to throw around to get cubed gear, so the damage cap being removed does nothing for me. The continent and fifth job itself is also not a hype for me because I have characters under level 120 for the most part, and that isn't where the adjustment was made, so it won't matter. Plus, Lucid will lever be a beatable boss for me.
    The only possible hype I have, except the ui and better maple stuff, is for the Lucid outfits. But those are likely to be placed in the stupid box, where they will be priced by users for like three billion each item, because everyone seems to turn their items into stamps or something and no one will sell it for under one billion at least. On Scania, every item that is a cash cover is like four hundred million mesos lately minimum, with most being one billion plus. It's ridiculous. Either people aren't selling, or everyone is turning their stuff into stamps, because I have a hard time believing that only one or two of each box item pops up to the point where it becomes that valuable. It's been a trend since that stupid stamp system came up.
    I'm REALLY hoping the auction house makes users more willing to actually SELL their unwanted cash covers as opposed to essentially deleting them, because it will be technically free. But maybe we'll be lucky, and the Lucid outfits will be put in a package, or a small coupon, like they were in KMS, with like two or three other items?
    Anyway, like I said, I'm not super hyped. Auction house will be nice, and the UI/better Maple stuff, but that's it. I, too am in the Moon/Sun is more worthy of hype camp. I'm hoping my copy comes in today. They shipped it late D:.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Skeith
    Skeith said:

I dont believe they do for balance purpose

also I believe the function of the skill spoofs skill points; the V core system doesn't use skill points at all
    gamechanger

at first Meso market and AH was separate then at some point Meso market did use to have a bundled UI with AH, then they were separated again before the V update
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nope, not that either.
    well the feature could possibly be implemented in AH, but you are most likely right, they will probably dissable selling CS items and disable the Cash tab of the AH.

I'm just happy we have confirmation on getting AH finally.
    Ah, I wasn't 100% wrong then, just about 97%.

I hope that AH brings GMS the ability to sell CS items through it. It would be so healthy for the game.
  • iSadDudeiSadDude
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    This is going to be awesome... Im so so ready for this.... Chew chew island here i come :3 <3
  • VermaWyrdaVermaWyrda
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    i was rewatching the stream and i noticed something INCREDIBLE stupid of the person hosting the stream and asnwering fan questions

at one point everyone wanted to know if 1080p could be a thing

and the guy in stream told everyone that the art would get hurt becasue of that if they did
    he then showed a picture of ingame art and zoomed it in

is that man ignorant?

zooming in and changing the actual resolution are not the same thign
    in fact its the exact oposite

right now if you want to play in full screen youl be stuck with a game that looks like some one zoomed in heavily and its very pixelated and grainy, not to mention the text ingame becomes blurry

what were asking for is if there will be an actual 1080p resolution in the future
    instead of zooming in the game it would actualy show MORE of the map your on
    hell you can actualy make more UI space with that resolution to include more skill buttons

i found the man that was doing the stream not help full at all
    as the most important questions were evaded
    and the questions he did answer he clearly had no idea what the answer to that would have been

just my 2 cents on the past stream that happened yesterday

regarding the update to 5th job i cant wait for it.
    and il be following the news page closely as i dont want to lose out on those sweet loots that come by sharing at least 13 news posts (by twitter and facebook)
    (im already at 1200 points)
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016

i was rewatching the stream and i noticed something INCREDIBLE stupid of the person hosting the stream and asnwering fan questions

at one point everyone wanted to know if 1080p could be a thing

and the guy in stream told everyone that the art would get hurt becasue of that if they did
    he then showed a picture of ingame art and zoomed it in

is that man ignorant?

right now if you want to play in full screen youl be stuck with a game that looks like some one zoomed in heavily and its very pixelated and grainy, not to mention the text ingame becomes blurry

what were asking for is if there will be an actual 1080p resolution in the future
    hell you can actualy make more UI space with that resolution to include more skill buttons

i found the man that was doing the stream not help full at all
    as the most important questions were evaded
    and the questions he did answer he clearly had no idea what the answer to that would have been

just my 2 cents on the past stream that happened yesterday

regarding the update to 5th job i cant wait for it.
    and il be following the news page closely as i dont want to lose out on those sweet loots that come by sharing at least 13 news posts (by twitter and facebook)
    (im already at 1200 points)
    @VermaWyrda Let me clarify what I meant, because you might have missed something. I said that increasing the resolution of the game isn't as easy as just making it fit (stretching it out) to 1920x1080. I said if it were done like that, it would be the same as zooming in. Zooming out and showing more of the screen would result in everyone playing a game for ants. I said that remastering everything in game for 1920x1080 would be relatively large and time consuming undertaking, and that when it comes to things like that we need to weigh the benefits against the time/cost for actually making the change. I essentially said that there is a possibility, but nobody should hold their breath waiting for it.

Which questions do you feel were evaded? I'd be more than happy to answer what I can right now.

Please keep in mind, that there is a big difference between not knowing an answer to a question, and not being comfortable or allowed to disclose certain information. A lot of questions will not be answered because things aren't set in stone yet. Anyone that works in, or has worked in the game or entertainment industry, will tell you the same thing. You don't give a date. You should never give a date or timeline unless you know with absolutely certainty that it will be met (barring extenuating circumstances). Most of the questions I received during the stream were "When is X happening?".

On a personal level - I would rather someone spend time answering the questions they are able too, instead of answering a lot of questions they can't with "I have no information that I can share at this time"

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    VermaWyrda

The thing is that you can't show more of the map, if there is no more of the map. Example being a lot of older maps like the El Nath woods backgrounds suddenly not lining up properly and with the sliding foreground effects (clouds, water, fog) getting cut in the middle since they no longer cover the entire map. Stuff like that would take ages to change.
    gamechangerMapleBishopFan1985
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    this event gonna be so hype <3
    MapleBishopFan1985
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited November 2016
    If going on hype, somehow this patch coming up just doesn't excite me. Given what changes we had with RED and Reboot, the hype for me doesn't exist. Not a big fan of the event hyping the patch either.

To be honest I had more fun trying to get to third and fourth jobs before Big Bang. Sure it was long, but it felt like an accomplishment instead of a chore.
    PlasticHolly
  • BlackCoffeeBlackCoffee
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    #YDSellout

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2016
    How's the experience curve change going to affect existing characters? Will they jump half a level or not be affected at all? If they're not affected at all, what happens with the rankings in regards to new characters? The rankings keep track of your total experience gained and rank everyone based on that. If existing characters are left alone then new characters would have to reach a higher level in order to match existing characters in experience which would no longer be a perfectly fair comparison. Or will the experience of existing characters be cut to maintain their current level and exp %?