[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

Thanks for the changes, Nexon. Now I can't even play thanks to this stupid maintenance, and I'm going to miss my dailies -_-
    Should have done them yesterday?
    "Today" (November 17th) started at 4PM PST yesterday. You had all evening to do your dailies.
    And you'll have all evening today to do November 18th's dailies.
    Regardless of the time used by the server, days are still 24 hours.
    Normal days yes, when there is such a long extended maintenance it's not possible to do all daillies in all timezones.
  • WillowRosenbergWillowRosenberg
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    SorrowfulM

The day MapleStory uses EST as its server time... That would be a good day; for the minority of us.
    They actually did at one point. When the game was owned by Wizet, before Nexon took it over, the server was EST, which was awesome for me being in NYC. Then Nexon took it over and moved it to PST and so I had to remember that everything reset at 3am.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    only surprises me how the 2x exp isnt given in cupons or is 48h + 12h (the extra 12h would be to pst and est ppl be able to enjoy during sunday afternoon) instead of those wonderfull hours that we all have
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

only surprises me how the 2x exp isnt given in cupons or is 48h + 12h (the extra 12h would be to pst and est ppl be able to enjoy during sunday afternoon) instead of those wonderfull hours that we all have
    PST and EST people do get 2x on Sunday afternoon and evening.
    It's non-Americans who get the last 2x session on Monday morning when they're supposed to be asleep (Europeans) or at school/work (Australians).
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    -squints in this thread- Yeah...still not happy with all of this...bossing time has been hurt deeply by this reset...and I usually boss farm for mesos...making me extra poor as of late.
    deadend5193
  • GourgeistGourgeist
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

Thanks for the changes, Nexon. Now I can't even play thanks to this stupid maintenance, and I'm going to miss my dailies -_-
    "Today" (November 17th) started at 4PM PST yesterday. You had all evening to do your dailies.
    Normal days yes, when there is such a long extended maintenance it's not possible to do all daillies in all timezones.
    I have to say that giving people in Europe until 4pm to do all their dailies wasn't good - Most people work until 3pm~5pm. And a lot of the current events such as the Rice collecting one can take anywhere between 3-5+ hours to collect them all.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

I have to say that giving people in Europe until 4pm to do all their dailies wasn't good - Most people work until 3pm~5pm. And a lot of the current events such as the Rice collecting one can take anywhere between 3-5+ hours to collect them all.
    Dontcha mean America? Europeans theoretically have till midnight...whereas we get screwed over =3=
  • GourgeistGourgeist
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

Dontcha mean America? Europeans theoretically have till midnight...whereas we get screwed over =3=
    No Europe (UTC: 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM) Most of Europe is an hour ahead so 4pm~9pm + the extended times, taking it to 10:30pm / 11:30pm for the majority of Europe.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

This is specifically about the maintenance taking up a big chunk of the day.
    Maintenance starts in the afternoon for Europeans and ends in the middle of the night.

But you're right that it screws everyone over. Maintenance that ends close to the server reset time (and, if extended, goes beyond that time) cuts the day very short.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Petalmagic

Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

No Europe (UTC: 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM) Most of Europe is an hour ahead so 4pm~9pm + the extended times, taking it to 10:30pm / 11:30pm for the majority of Europe.
    Oh...so Nexon screwed ALL of us over then? GG.
  • GourgeistGourgeist
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Petalmagic

Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

PirateIzzy

Oh...so Nexon screwed ALL of us over then? GG.
    Sounds like them. :)
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aramy
    Aramy said:

PST and EST people do get 2x on Sunday afternoon and evening.
    It's non-Americans who get the last 2x session on Monday morning when they're supposed to be asleep (Europeans) or at school/work (Australians).
    that still doesn't sastisfy when is possible and easy to please every1 by appling the sugestion is said ;) after all if u decide buy a 4h 2x exp cupon u always end forced to play 1h with x2 exp when if the sugetion i said would be applied all would be happy and without crap x2 exp hours ;) to also no speak that maps could be less crowed since some ppl might prefer grind on morning or afternoon or night depending of their wish and no matter what time zone you live all gets pleased with this sugestion
    if you mean get my last session on 2am to 5am on gmt time ;) xP srr but europeans need to zzz too ;) and is america that hav GMT -5 (EST) and GMT-8 (PMT) so those extra 12h ater 00 on UTC (GMT) would be to please americans and autralians ;)
  • NonxenNonxen
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    x2 event used to around 4:00pm in my country, now is 1:30am, when I was asleep!! GG.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Nonxen
    Nonxen said:

x2 event used to around 4:00pm in my country, now is 1:30am, when I was asleep!! GG.
    Honestly I normally would go to bed when the second 2x starts that is within time zone...so I only get one session usually.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    this timing is fine. ppl just werent used to it at first. no1 complaining now lol
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

this timing is fine. ppl just werent used to it at first. no1 complaining now lol
    I kinda disagree due to still not being able to get waht I want done in the game unless its a weekend...
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    GG i cant do the daily event because of the time being changed.
  • LudicrousLudicrous
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    In addition to the option of CET hours for events on the EU server, it would be nice if the reboot server could have events on friday/saturdays.

This way it will not inconvenience NA players, but since it is the only existing reboot server so there are a lot of european players there too now, it would make it possible for said european playerbase there to participate in the events at the cost of a few hours sleep, rather than at the cost of both sleep and school/work the day thereafter.

Currently the most recent event, http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17918/gm-event-good-maplestory-fun-with-gms-round-1, has reboot and eu server on a sunday, meaning europeans have no chance to attend unless they want to be dead at school/work the next day, due to the 11pm-5am hours of the event.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

GG i cant do the daily event because of the time being changed.
    Can't do: Boss farming due to having to scramble up and do dailies, all my daily events due to having to try and cram all of my daily bosses in the evenings, while I try to do Commerci/DIPQ in the morning...(which has not gone well) and TODAY I am gonna be late home so I prob will miss a few bosses...
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Nonxen
    Nonxen said:

2x EXP/DROP Events occur at three different times now how is this any less convenient to you? We used to only have two instead of three.