[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

ChairStory V: Design-A-Chair Contest

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited November 2016 in Contests and Events
Hey Maplers!

We've got a lot of items coming your way that were designed with the V Update in mind, but we want to see what YOU can come up with.

First thing we want to see? CHAIRS.
You know the name of the game
Design a chair worthy of Empress Cygnus. Or Pink Bean. Whatever floats your boat, really.

Design a chair for MapleStory!
  • This chair should be V themed. Use plenty of neon, blue, and other high-tech futuristic things.
  • A Physical Description (Artwork is HIGHLY encouraged!
  • Tell us: How do you get this equipment? What’s the story? How does it fit in Maple World?
  • Also list anything else you can think of! Use your imagination to both tell us and show us what makes your chair awesome and unique!

RULES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
  • Post your submission in this thread before the end of the contest submission period, December 30th, 2016. Include the name of your MapleStory character and World with your entry.
  • Multiple submissions, plagiarism, and use of inappropriate content (in the opinions of the judges) shall be grounds for disqualification.
  • The full disclosure of the Offical Rules for this contest can be found here: Official Rules
    Judging Critera:
    • Creativity and originality – 50%
    • Fit of the chair into the MapleStory universe – 30%
    • Anticipated entertainment value – 20%

PRIZING
  • 10 winners will receive a hefty amount of MaplePoints!
  • The Grand Prize winner will have a chance to have their chair considered for creation and implementation by the development team for use in MapleStory, as well as receiving 200,000 MaplePoints.
  • The upper 4 winners will receive 100,000 MaplePoints.
  • The bottom 5 winners will receive 50,000 MaplePoints!

Contest runs from today, to December 30th, 2016 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
KitsulogizJaeFromBroaKargoGeekyDuckBiniACMBlackCipherGreyWolfTwizzzlers

Comments

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    CHAIR CONTEST GOGO
    SakuritasLoveIceJaeFromBroa
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The Promotion is open only to: (a) legal residents of: (i) the United States of America (including all territories and possessions thereof); Canada (excluding Quebec)
    GG Global MapleStory

Also, you want a chair that is "V themed" - and yet it will take months to implement into the game, if it's ever implemented at all. What's the point of a V chair released long after V patch is over?
    Tuba
  • Doron111115Doron111115
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    A chair with the unleashed five cygnus classes!
    KingStarfire
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to: (a) legal residents of: (i) the United States of America (including all territories and possessions thereof); Canada (excluding Quebec); (b) who are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below); (c) who are registered users of nexon.net (registration is free) and players of MapleStory (playing MapleStory is also free); and (d) who have never been banned or suspended, or had an account banned or suspended, for hacking or similar violations of any of Sponsor’s license agreements or Sponsor’s terms of service. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Promotion, and must provide evidence of such permission reasonably satisfactory to Sponsor upon Sponsor’s request. Failure to do so will result in that entrant being ineligible to win a prize in the Promotion. Employees, officers and directors of Nexon America Inc., its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
    Really? Only US and Canada, yeah yeah cool... (I would be fine not receiving the prices that need shipping, but would like to be able earn the maple points)
    KThxBaiNao

CHAIR CONTEST GOGO
    NO, can't win prizes, hype down, thanks
    TubaBlueCheeseWheelAyumiya
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    being mexican i'd make a chair with a character looking over the wall, but hey, i'm mexican and i can't participate, maybe donald trump bought nexon and asked them to exclude mexico from everything ;)
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited November 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/fVtRD

1. Discovered in the Verne mine, Boron has become the 5th Element discovered. It looks like Boron is really good for rocket fuel to fly up to Grandis. Interesting enough, it is also Cygnus' element of choice. In celebration of her favourite element in the MapleWorld, she requests that you give her 100 boron pieces so that she has enough rocket fuel for her fave pal Neinheart and Shinshoo to go to Grandis and rule over the Grandis people.

2. The Fith element for the 10th year of MapleStory... It is no coincidence that the elemental mass of Boron is 10.811.
    HikouaDreamWeaver
  • angelito14angelito14
    Reactions: 715
    edited November 2016
    Is going to be very good 5jb, well with the chairs so very good .... goooo
  • HolHol
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    Sorry nope, can't participate.. USA/Canada only?
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Why aren't we from Europe (explicit The Netherlands) allowed to participate. We would also like to participate!
    JettLuvsU
  • angelito14angelito14
    Reactions: 715
    edited November 2016
    hi
    BlueCheeseWheel
  • KatteMisKatteMis
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Wish i could join aswell, but you know.. European :c
    JettLuvsU
  • XlGuadalXXlGuadalX
    Reactions: 910
    edited November 2016
    I don't understand WHY only for USA and Canada, seriously, i need a explanation
    JettLuvsU
  • JoseLuisJoseLuis
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    uhmm
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    XlGuadalX
    XlGuadalX said:

I will try to explain, to the best of my understanding (but will be glad if any Nexon representative can correct me):

Different countries have different laws regarding contests. For example, in the USA, a contest like this must require no entry fee, which is why the contest rules stress that you don't need to pay to register on the Nexon website or to play MapleStory.
    Nexon has carefully worded the rules of the contest to abide by American laws.
    However, they don't want to bother to find out the laws of tens of other countries, and make sure the contest rules abide by those laws. In fact, they exclude Quebec, which is part of Canada, because it has its own quirky laws that are not the same as the other provinces, and Nexon would rather not deal with them.

TL;DR: Nexon's legal department is lazy.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    #Walliscoming

We expected this to happen after the merge, but wow thats pretty soon. You know, we also want to participate, and you can keep the plushies. We want maplepoints.
    Ayumiya
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

XlGuadalX
    XlGuadalX said:

I will try to explain, to the best of my understanding (but will be glad if any Nexon representative can correct me):

Different countries have different laws regarding contests. For example, in the USA, a contest like this must require no entry fee, which is why the contest rules stress that you don't need to pay to register on the Nexon website or to play MapleStory.
    Nexon has carefully worded the rules of the contest to abide by American laws.
    However, they don't want to bother to find out the laws of tens of other countries, and make sure the contest rules abide by those laws. In fact, they exclude Quebec, which is part of Canada, because it has its own quirky laws that are not the same as the other provinces, and Nexon would rather not deal with them.

TL;DR: Nexon's legal department is lazy.
    As is, apparently, the legal department of every other company that has run a contest of some sort, who also happens to make a product available on a global scale. US and Canada(minus Quebec) is pretty much the norm for contests.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    o no.. i worked couple of hours to make a nice chair and now i see that i can't participate because I'm from europe =[ so so sad.
    "Global" maple story F3
    JettLuvsUAyumiya
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    *me sees new Maplestory event. It's a chair designing event!* -THIS IS VERY COOL!

The Promotion is open only to: (a) legal residents of: (i) the United States of America (including all territories and possessions thereof); Canada (excluding Quebec)

Eh... Brazilian...
    Hikoua
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2016
    I'm going to put it out there that I am a US resident and as such I can benefit from giveaways such as this one. The issue with international giveaways is not as easy as saying "it's going to be one item shipped to the country that is under a certain weight and costs less than $30."

Each state has its own laws already governing some sort of aspect of a giveaway or sweepstakes. In addition to that there are rules and regulations laid down federally by the FTC, FCC, USPS, and the DOJ.

The ONLY reason Canada can be included in this is that Canada requires the winner to have showcased some sort of skill (ex. drawing and designing a chair) .Quebec has further rules that exclude this.

This already is difficult to set up and comply with. Then you add international laws and shipping (which I'm sure Nexon America can afford) and you have a legal battle on your hands. So unless they want to take the time to create a contest that will adhere to every single country out there AND include the home player base that is based in the US, it's an unfortunate circumstance that has caused Europe, Brazil, and other regions to be left out of this contest.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I'd suggest a Super Robot chair but idk how the design would be, aside from the Maple V symbol on the chest and in a fighting pose. Size wise probably as large as the complete Mesodizer X and you're sitting on the left or right shoulder. Color scheme would be blue, purple, and neon light blue.

For the story it could be that Dr. Kim designed a new Mesodizer to help the Mesorangers, with it piloted by a mysterious new Mesoranger - Meso V. Lets say it's a solo robot like the extra ranger usually gets in Power Rangers.
This discussion has been closed.