[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Lilyflower

GG i cant do the daily event because of the time being changed.
    Can't do: Boss farming due to having to scramble up and do dailies, all my daily events due to having to try and cram all of my daily bosses in the evenings, while I try to do Commerci/DIPQ in the morning...(which has not gone well) and TODAY I am gonna be late home so I prob will miss a few bosses...
    me by doing some math u only lose 1 day of dailies instead of u do bf 00 like u used to do, u pass to do just after 00
    also that day missed alr gone for a week at least so from now on u only still lose days if you no do the dailies o.o

• ReycitoVIPReycitoVIP
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    bueno ami no me afecta por que solo entro en las noches hata las tres de la mañana xD
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Petalmagic

Lilyflower

GG i cant do the daily event because of the time being changed.
    Can't do: Boss farming due to having to scramble up and do dailies, all my daily events due to having to try and cram all of my daily bosses in the evenings, while I try to do Commerci/DIPQ in the morning...(which has not gone well) and TODAY I am gonna be late home so I prob will miss a few bosses...
    me by doing some math u only lose 1 day of dailies instead of u do bf 00 like u used to do, u pass to do just after 00
    also that day missed alr gone for a week at least so from now on u only still lose days if you no do the dailies o.o

Erm...I don't understand what you are saying...I just don't have the time...especially on days with my later classes...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Erm...I don't understand what you are saying...I just don't have the time...especially on days with my later classes...
    Game days are still 24 hours long. You can keep doing your dailies at the same times that you used to do them. They will count differently, the ones you do in the evening will be "tomorrow's" dailies, but why does that matter? You do "Tuesday's dailies" on Monday evening and Tuesday morning, and then you do "Wednesday's dailies" on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, and so on and so forth.
    Aramy
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    here is the thing. Of the timezones discussed, if all servers are going to be on one time then PST is the ONLY one that makes sense.

Midnight pst = 3AM EST=8am UTC

It is late night/early morning for EVERY one of the proposed time zones.

It makes most sense to seperate NA severs and Euroup servers times, but if we are going with one time, PST disrupts the least number of people.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

here is the thing. Of the timezones discussed, if all servers are going to be on one time then PST is the ONLY one that makes sense.

Midnight pst = 3AM EST=8am UTC

It is late night/early morning for EVERY one of the proposed time zones.

It makes most sense to seperate NA severs and Euroup servers times, but if we are going with one time, PST disrupts the least number of people.
    7pm AEDT <which is good instead of 9am reset :(

• Shaneration1Shaneration1
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    iv got no issue with whatever time is chosen, i woudl prefer UTC being the EU side however PST would work out for me just as well being as nocturnal as i am lol. so really any time is good :D
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    PST or UTC is fine for me too
  • GalaxxiGalaxxi
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Bumping, because the last post was five days ago and this change is still completely awful and I don't want people to just accept it. It makes much more sense to have the NA server and the Europe server on their own time zones. The poll literally even reflects that. C'MON NEXON. GET IT TOGETHER.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    this is fine right now, but flagrace a bit dead. however its mostly duos, but most people missing 2 pm est/ 11 am pst which is the only solo race.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Anything going to be done about this in today's patch, @KThxBaiNao ?
    Kylehell007
  • ElZappoElZappo
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    In the time I have been playing I had the honour of coordinating Guild events. This meant that as I am in Australia, I have had to help members in the USA including Hawaii, Australia, France and the UK. Luckily for me I could spreadsheet it. So basically, I am flexible whatever, though personally UTC is a good fixed point in time (Whovians will get that!)
    Just make a decision and stick with it. Windoze can handle clocks with multiple time zones.
    But Nexon may need to ease people into any new system.
  • ThegarbagegameofMSThegarbagegameofMS
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    I NEVER SAW THE GAME garbage LIKE THIS. FK Garbage server
  • NectarineNectarine
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    Nexon needs to put some pep in their step, because this is the 3rd day that I couldn't finish all four Play V reward boxes before reset.
    This is just ridiculous. If someone works at a 9-5pm job EST, they get screwed out of finishing the event. When will the new reset times be implemented? You're screwing people over (nothing new here, yeah?)

If you're going to make a huge change to server times, you need to make sure they work out for your main demographic first. My lord, this is just unacceptable. At least give us a response about the current status. Disappointing.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    This 7pm reset is messing me up big time.
    I can't even imagine how it is for PST people, having it at 4pm. :/
  • InfamousNaviInfamousNavi
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

This 7pm reset is messing me up big time.
    I can't even imagine how it is for PST people, having it at 4pm. :/
    It's awful. At least the hot days are PST.

• Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    Oh ya I remember this old poll. Heh almost a month old. Voted thinking it might actually be taken up to the Nexon team, but then again, its KAYTHANKSBYENOW4EVERLIES who originated it, wait why was he let go again...? ooooooooooooo
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited December 2016
    So many people, including me, are unhappy about the server time changes and still Nexon is not changing anything. In other words, they don't seem to care too much about their players after all, despite their big words. And with KThxBaiNao gone things probably won't get any better any time soon.
    Well, I am not going to invest any more NX in the game. Just keep maintaining my farms, that's pretty much it.
    Kylehell007
  • NectarineNectarine
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    I guess Nexon doesn't care anymore. Way to screw over your biggest player base! No updates from any of the staff. Disappointing.
  • jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited December 2016
    My understanding, is that they changed it too UTC So its easier for the "Devs?" (Probably not the correct choice in terminology) to manage the event times. Honestly They should have come up for a solution to this Months ago, when they were planning the whole Service Merge. Its poor foresight on nexons behalf. However I can understand if it was overlooked and not thought much about till it was too late to do anything but disrupt the player base by switching to UTC.

The servers should be changed back to the original times, and the Dev's need to write a program that can easily manage the Timezones for the different servers events automatically, If they are worried about "Convenience". As for the Flag Races and Other Time Specific Events, they should run them based on a 24 hour schedule instead of a 12 hour schedule. So take our current number of flag races, double it and split them evenly over a 24 hour period (Making sure not to conflict with any other time sensitive Events).

These are just my personal thoughts on the subject, But I really hate the 4pm Reset Time. It feels bad.