[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• TsubukiTsubuki
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

The game is currently unplayable! it is lagging too hard. FIX IT NOW
    It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty channels its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

Making a new server won't fix the lag issue. That never fixes the issue. Why you ask? Because players won't go to it. They'll go the most populated server instead of the new server. Then the lag issue turns into a player caused issue rather than a Nexon problem.

I'm also not making excuses for them. I've been around the mmo genre for quite some time now and speaking from experience. There is no sudden fix for lag nor is there a cheap way to fix the lag either. It cost money and takes quite some time.

Ultimately you either need to be patient and let the lag run its course, wait for a patch that MIGHT fix it or just quit. Demanding a fix is childish and does nothing, but get yourself ignored by the developers and by the community.
    I still think they should halt 2x events and just give 2x coupons/2x drop and meso coupons for now as a gift box so people can train whatever time and no one has to bottleneck the servers as hard.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    Meanwhile at Nexon...
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I can't even attack once or else I'll disconnect. They WANT me to afk and do absolutely nothing but chat (which is nice but, progression!!)
  • WhutWhut
    Reactions: 745
    edited December 2016
    Amazing when you buy a 2x EXP coupon and then the game starts lagging IMMENSELY, making it absolutely unplayable. And as a tip on the cake, Nexon doesn't do refunds under any circumstances, even if they're at fault.
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED BY GM POLICE FOR HACK REASON. At least get the damn grammar right if we have to see that every 5 minutes.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Whut
    Whut said:

Amazing when you buy a 2x EXP coupon and then the game starts lagging IMMENSELY, making it absolutely unplayable. And as a tip on the cake, Nexon doesn't do refunds under any circumstances, even if they're at fault.
    Again another thing coming from experience. The ToS states that in-game problems will occur and they are under no liability to repay what you've spend. You accept these terms when you first play the game or create an account (I forget which.) Sometimes if it's worse than expected then they'll compensate out of the goodness of their heart. But honestly that rarely happens because it barely gets that bad.

Nexon isn't the only one that does this either. About every mmo does that to some accord.
  • SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    A common misunderstanding is that the ToS outweighs your rights. You cant forfeit your rights simply by accepting a ToS, you buy a product you are entitled to the usage of the product. Of course its entirely another game pursuing that avenue, all I'm saying is that even with that in the ToS it is still nexons fault.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2016
    yep. takes 5 - 10 secs before my attacks start doing anything
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    SirVVranwrap

A common misunderstanding is that the ToS outweighs your rights. You cant forfeit your rights simply by accepting a ToS, you buy a product you are entitled to the usage of the product. Of course its entirely another game pursuing that avenue, all I'm saying is that even with that in the ToS it is still nexons fault.
    It is the internet. Your rights are what's on the ToS for whatever website or game you visit. They'll treat you like a human being with mutual respect, but that's about it.

Country rights RARELY ever enter the world of the internet.

If I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "rights" then feel free to clarify more. You were quite vague.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    What can we do to get this lag fixed? Someone from nexon please
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty channels its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

Making a new server won't fix the lag issue. That never fixes the issue. Why you ask? Because players won't go to it. They'll go the most populated server instead of the new server. Then the lag issue turns into a player caused issue rather than a Nexon problem.

I'm also not making excuses for them. I've been around the mmo genre for quite some time now and speaking from experience. There is no sudden fix for lag nor is there a cheap way to fix the lag either. It cost money and takes quite some time.

Ultimately you either need to be patient and let the lag run its course, wait for a patch that MIGHT fix it or just quit. Demanding a fix is childish and does nothing, but get yourself ignored by the developers and by the community.

I totally disagree, the lag wont be fixed immediately but it will deflate over time, I for one would move real fast to the new server and it will slowly populate with people moving due to unplayability of Reboot at the moment. And letting the lag run its "course" isn't good for nexon.......It running its course means people quitting left and right until Reboot becomes playable once again.......so yeah its in the best interest of the players and the company to open one more server, WHY DO YOU THINK KMS OPENED A SECOND REBOOT SERVER....... sigh.

• BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    yea this lag is sad. they are not doing themselves a favor promoting 5th job and trying to entise new players to the game with this lag or old players either. existing players are getting turned off because they can't play when they want to and are forced to wait until it's dead in the middle of the night or early mornings just to play. ontop of that it's almost or already is the time when kids are on break from school so the population will be more heavy until school starts back up again.
  • MoiMoiRebootMoiMoiReboot
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible..
    Wrong. It's very simple. Companies like Blizzard had the same issue last expansion and patch, and guess what. They took the freaking servers down and doubled their capacity in a couple of hours, brought the servers back and the lag was gone. And they have a lot more people then Maplestory. :-P

• XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

I totally disagree, the lag wont be fixed immediately but it will deflate over time, I for one would move real fast to the new server and it will slowly populate with people moving due to unplayability of Reboot at the moment. And letting the lag run its "course" isn't good for nexon.......It running its course means people quitting left and right until Reboot becomes playable once again.......so yeah its in the best interest of the players and the company to open one more server, WHY DO YOU THINK KMS OPENED A SECOND REBOOT SERVER....... sigh.

As stated before, people won't go to the second server thus it will be pointless to make one. People want to be apart of the populated servers.

It will then be a player caused issue rather than a Nexon issue.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    MoiMoiReboot

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible..
    Wrong. It's very simple. Companies like Blizzard had the same issue last expansion and patch, and guess what. They took the freaking servers down and doubled their capacity in a couple of hours, brought the servers back and the lag was gone. And they have a lot more people then Maplestory. :-P

They also have far more money and far more people to do that.

Also, how am I wrong? Not once did I say anything against increasing server capacity. In fact I personally think that should of been done years ago for Nexon. What I'm against is creating a 2nd server in which people won't go to.

Another thing. Just because one company does it in a timely manner doesn't make it universally easy to fix lag for online games.
    edited December 2016
    We need to keep this thread alive and trending at all times if we want Nexon to take this seriously. THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT OTHERWISE!

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    I gave up on my burning character because the lag was too horrible during 2x :/
    I was hoping to level it more than I did but lag prevented me to do it and it sucks.
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    When i attack a monster it takes 30-45 secs to die. and if i hit more than 2 i get Gm police.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

We need to keep this thread alive and trending at all times if we want Nexon to take this seriously. THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT OTHERWISE!

As someone who has been in ms since 2005/2006 I can say one thing.

Nexon won't do anything about the lag. Either they don't have the resources or time to do it (or both.)
    Or they know it will die down and decided it's not worth investing in the long run since a lot of the players won't stay even if the lag gets fixed.

Screaming about it on the forums won't make the problem get fixed any faster either. If anything, calling them out and telling them that they're greedy or lazy will only have them IGNORE your "feedback."
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

forumsareannoying

As someone who has been in ms since 2005/2006 I can say one thing.

Nexon won't do anything about the lag. Either they don't have the resources or time to do it (or both.)
    Or they know it will die down and decided it's not worth investing in the long run since a lot of the players won't stay even if the lag gets fixed.

Screaming about it on the forums won't make the problem get fixed any faster either. If anything, calling them out and telling them that they're greedy or lazy will only have them IGNORE your "feedback."
    Trust me, i know exactly what you mean. I've been playing this game almost just as long. However, it's in their best interest to try and do something about it. Especially since KMS had to step in and address this issue briefly a few weeks ago. This GMS/EMS merge SHOULD make them take this more seriously and take appropriate actions soon. They're already way past due