[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

ChairStory V: Design-A-Chair Contest

Comments

• ZennitheZennithe
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    IGN: Symbiotte
    World: Bera

With a person: http://imgur.com/0ZrRyFt
    Without a person: http://imgur.com/6nB3OOi

Name of the Chair: Nightmare's Monarch

I drew a huge load of inspiration from Lucid. Literally the second I saw her character concept, I fell in love with her enormous wings and the entire dream idea. I drew inspiration from the V theme by adding the beautiful neon colors that surround Lucid's character and incorporated a surrealistic design - something bright and dreamy.

Okay sooo. This is a throne-like chair marbled with the dreams of Maplers and characters alike. Lucid sits on the arm of it, entrancing the character into a dream-like state, hence the broad butterfly wings and many little ones surrounding it. I also added those details at the top of the throne with a hidden V.

The stats will be recovery of 500 mp and 500 hp every 10 seconds.

How do you get this equipment?
    This aspect could be played with. I figured gaining the chair from the boss herself would be the obvious route, but of course the chair Gachapon could give it, as well as special events.

Another idea was that quests around Arcane River could give it too.

What's the story?
    "This is Lucid's throne of nightmares, the Nightmare's Monarch. They say that those who sit in it experience a dream-like state, gaining Lucid's nightmarish powers in a new realm."

This throne seats the player. Upon sitting, Lucid appears, dancing butterflies and gleaming orbs around the player, empowering them as they sit on a throne of Maplers' dreams. The broad wings are symbolic of resurrection, escape, and flight.

How does it fit in Maple World?
    I think it fits beautifully in Maple World because it's surrealistic and grand. I also think it would make a great addition to the chairs that already match the heroes, so why not a villain this time? ;)

This was first hand drawn and colored, then scanned and edited on microsoft paint. I also heightened saturation to brighten the colors. Of course, it's by no means perfect, but I still think it's amazing c:
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
  • ConceitConceit
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Note***: I am submitting an entry for my alliance friend Recalci. She isn't able submit herself because her forums account hasn't been approved yet by the moderators.

IGN: Recalci
    World: Windia

Image:
    http://imgur.com/a/g7nOd

Item Description:
    "A comfy chair modeled after the raging erda. No erdas were harmed in the making. Recovers 100 HP and 100 MP every 10 seconds."

Obtained through:
    Completing "[Daily Quest] Vanishing Journey Research" 10 times.
    OR
    Chair Gachapon

Other Details:
    It's based after the Raging Erdas that I saw when arriving at the Arcane River area upon 5th job advancement. The horns on the chair can glow bright, similar to the monsters that it is modeled after. The spheres of light surrounding the horns can dance around.
    Renni
  • TsuusTTsuusT
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited December 2016
    Last minute submission here~

IGN: TsuusT
    World: Scania

Image:image
    http://i.imgur.com/U9WHvJy.jpg

Description:
    Trio Arcane Chair
    This chair looks like an arcane symbol. Depending on what time of the day you sit on it, it shows different scenes!

If you sit on it at night time, the symbol will show you sitting in the paper boat with Kao in Nameless Town. Kao is observing the tree of memory and one of the...uhm...orbs (?) on the tree falls down and glows in Kao's hand. The stars in the night sky forms a V shape.

If you sit on it in the morning, the symbol will show a scene from Chu Chu Island. You will sit on a huge delicious sandwich, and Muto is staring you down. If possible I'd like Muto to be animated with mouth opening and closing as if he wants to eat the sandwich (and you). The stick holding the sandwich together has the V symbol on it XD

If you sit on the chair in the afternoon, the symbol will show a scene of Lucid and you sitting together in the Lucid boss fight room (first stage). Lucid will summon the flowers just like the boss fight, they will form a V shape (and totally not dangerous). This should be animated like the way the flowers appear in the boss fight.

It would be even cooler if the chair plays the music of the area that it shows (Nameless Town, Chu Chu Island, Lucid boss fight music or Lacheln music)

How to obtain this chair:
    Event? Getting 5th job? Gachapon?

Story and How it fits Maple World:
    I really like all three new areas (and Lucid specifically) and can't decide which one I want to make a chair for...so I did all three. I shaped them like arcane symbols since there's an arcane symbol for each town and it's a must have for fifth job. I think it fits Maple World cause everyone who has gone through fifth job advancement knows arcane symbols and probably went through or will go through these three areas.

Other details:
    If the image above is too small, here's one that's enlarged and you can totally see the unfinished details http://i.imgur.com/uwMSBD5.jpg
    My image doesn't really look like arcane symbols...it should be more shiny and maybe more sparkly...

I need to stop procrastinating...
    Good luck everyone <3
    _Cas_AppleChancery
  • hphphphphphphphp
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    http://i.imgur.com/O4opQ5A.jpg

like how lucid has wings, but I these ones are blue, and the V5 formed a butterfly shape as well

With all the main classes surrounding the chair, with sparkly effects on the side!

IGN: HPHPHPHP1234

Scania
  • taoutaou
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    IGN: taou

WORLD: Bera

http://imgur.com/3AqiMrQ

How does it fit to maple world: It symbolizes many features presented from the v events and the new monsters.
    How to Obtain: Once you finish the quest of decorating the tree of memory you obtain the this chair.

Description/Story: She would always run off in the middle of the night to see the only thing left in her life worth cherishing. It was a sycamore that would almost seem to glow at night with an unusual V shaped trunk and branches. Her family condition worsened and eventually she had to leave her home and the tree. Choking with tears she whispered “goodbye” to it as her parents was calling for her. She forgot about the tree as she was adapting to her new life. She always felt as if something was missing in her life. After her education, she got ready to move out again to fill the hole in her heart, and then a picture of the tree fell out of her suitcase. She got emotional looking at it not knowing the reasons why. She asks around hoping anyone would recognize the outline of the forest and scenery, but no one knew where it was. Close to giving up she sat down sobbing. A man walked up to her and recognized the picture and exclaimed that he knew where the place was. She wiped away her tears and as she was about to give her thanks to the mysterious person he wasn’t there. She reunites with the tree and sits down on one of the branches.

YükiRisolarin
  • MisairoMisairo
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    V Champion Chair:

http://i.imgur.com/LuKgQGf.jpg

While it's just a sketch, it's a chair that is also a statue, either a gold or neon blue glass as the main color of the chair.
    The head will be replaced with the chair owner's avatar, which is why I left that part blank.

This chair also hints at all 5 of the classes in my sketch:

- The peg leg symbolizing the pirate class
    - The mask symbolizing the thief class
    - The magician hat symbolizing the mage class
    - The Sword symbolizing the warrior class
    - And finally the quiver and arrows symbolizing the bowman class

The statue is also wearing equipment you obtain at level 1, because every class starts out new.

The statue also is (holding) a V logo on top of his/her hand, and while I'm not the best at animating, it would be spinning clockwise as it's animation.

Sparkle effects can be also seen in the sketch to show that the statue is shiny of course :)

The mushroom is there for comedic effects. (sorry mushroom)

IGN: Misairo
    Server: Scania
  • RisolarinRisolarin
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    Chair: http://imgur.com/a/epAmT

Story: The long awaited journey to 5th job have finally been fullfilled! Our adventurers are in need of a light snack and have come upon the glorified pan. Hungry as they are, they decide to cook an egg only to have a V appear on the yolk. As it symbolizes a new beginning to the upcoming adventures, the explorers cheer and celebrate the first meal to a new journey

How do you obtain it? Obtained by getting 5th job

How is this relevant to Maplestory? It symbolizes the mapler's hunger in the rush to get 5th job

World: Bera

IGN: Pushed
    Yükitaou
  • M1mu_ChanM1mu_Chan
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    Happy new year every one.
    I wish all Maplers, An Awesome year,
    and may the Force will be with you =].

• LunarianLunarian
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    http://imgur.com/a/xjYcr
    (general design of the chair) Lucid vs Player vs Orchid doing a tug-of-war effect

Who doesn't want Lucid or Ochid as your waifu?!
    Hero defeats Orchid and Lucid and falls under their harem. Talk to NPC Nana K in Henesys to claim your chair.

IGN - Lunarian
    World - Windia
    _Cas_
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited January 2017

Sorry, posting error. F3
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited January 2017
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="TsuusT"

IGN: TsuusT

Image:image
    http://i.imgur.com/U9WHvJy.jpg

/blockquote

This is amazing!
    It reminds me of my favourite chair (crystal memories), with the glowing orb effect.

I love it ^ ^

• hidekisloverhidekislover
    Reactions: 700
    edited January 2017
    HidekisLover

Broa

The Goddess Summoning Chair:
    http://i.imgur.com/poBQBHy.jpg

How do you get this equipment?
    You have to get 5th job status and use your new skills to defeat any boss 5 times at any difficulty.

What’s the story?
    The Goddess' of Maple took 10 years to create the 5th job skills for each class, they believe that this great power is only worthy of the greatest heroes to defend Maple World against the Black Mage. With great power comes great responsibility, they had to find a way to slowly release the power to each hero and not let the power consume them. Understanding the use of each skill by practicing them on bosses allow them to fully utilize the power behind each skill. Slowly gaining each skill and using them is key to becoming a great hero.

How does it fit in Maple World?
    The Goddess Summoning Chair allows each players to join together to summon the Goddess and borrow her power. When five heroes combine their power together, the portal to the other dimension opens and slowly and generates power for each player. Sitting in the spinning charged chair together for 10 minutes will give a +30% boss damage boost for 10 minutes, giving them the taste of temporary immeasurable power to protect Maple World.
  • BijouezecuteBijouezecute
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2017
    (sorry for the late submission i tried to submit it earlier)
    Character: Iuxtenbris
    World: Khaini
    Chair name:Through Arcane

How to get this equipment??
    -After Finishing all of Arcane River 3 side quests will open one for the vanishing journey, chuchu, and lachelein. When you finish 1 quest you get 1/3 of a piece of the chair. Once you gain all 3 you speak to all the goddesses to finally turn all three pieces into the chair

Whats the story??
    -To commemorate your victory in the arcane river the 3 goddesses want to give you a special gift for all that you have done for maple world

How does it fit in maple world??
    -I wanted to show appreciation for each section in the arcane river (and i feel like everyone glosses over muto and chu chu island MUTO IS ADORABLE WHAT DID HE DO TO DESERVE THIS) and having parts of the arcane river put together wont just remind someone of just one section, not two but three all sections that have their own individuality to their section in the Arcane River.

http://imgur.com/a/xFXua
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited January 2017
    Conceit
    Conceit said:

Note***: I am submitting an entry for my alliance friend Recalci. She isn't able submit herself because her forums account hasn't been approved yet by the moderators.

IGN: Recalci
    World: Windia

Image:
    http://imgur.com/a/g7nOd

Item Description:
    "A comfy chair modeled after the raging erda. No erdas were harmed in the making. Recovers 100 HP and 100 MP every 10 seconds."

Obtained through:
    Completing "[Daily Quest] Vanishing Journey Research" 10 times.
    OR
    Chair Gachapon

Other Details:
    It's based after the Raging Erdas that I saw when arriving at the Arcane River area upon 5th job advancement. The horns on the chair can glow bright, similar to the monsters that it is modeled after. The spheres of light surrounding the horns can dance around.
    ---
    Thank you for submitting my entry for me! :)

• oxFallenStaroxFallenStar
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    Also sorry for the late submission but I was not aware that my account had to be approved by a moderator before I could submit a post on the forum because it wasn't listed in the rules and guidelines of submitting. I wanted to post on Dec 30th but I guess I wasn't approved to post until now. I had to submit a Maplestory ticket to support to figure out what was going on with the forums, so if you need proof that I tried to access the page 12/30/2016, I have a ticket.

**disclaimer: this chair doesn’t really have to do with V update, but I thought it would be a great addition to the Maplestory world.
    Image: http://imgur.com/a/HBgYV

Physical Description: Remember when the Kerning Square bubble tea’s would always hit you in the face while you were trying to get to the next escalator to CD’s? Did you ever think that the mango, cherry, melon bubble teas looked thirst-quenching while trying to finish the Kerning Square quests to regain Blake’s memories? Well look no further, the Angsty Bubble Tea Chair is here! Made in 3 different flavors each with their unique facial expression. While chilling on it’s straw, you can sit with a buddy and tapioca pearls will shoot out from the straw, just like in game, at your buddy. Just a friendly nostalgic feeling of having bubble tea pearls being shot at you. These chairs would be in jumbo form because who doesn’t enjoy jumbo chairs like the Giant Ducky Chair or Watermelon Bowl chair (+1 for hyped up popularity)

How to Obtain: This chair would probably be released through gachapon, just like the other jumbo chairs.
    Item Description: Chill on this giant iced bubble tea to gain 500 HP and 500 MP every 10 seconds.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited January 2017
    As a quick note, judging for these contests is still going on, and will take a little longer than the random winner giveaways I just announced. Winners soon!
    bumbertyrM1mu_Chan
  • KokeeKokee
    Reactions: 660
    edited January 2017
    Any progress with the judging?
    Im really excited to see the winners for this contest and maybe some amazing big chairs and art :D
    Who doesnt love big blocking chairs? <3
    M1mu_Chan
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited January 2017
    I hope it won't be like the anniversary outfit design contest last last year, because it took over a year for them to announce the results. They actually implemented the winning designs (kitty and shark) into the game a while before they even announced the winners, so it was strange. xD
    Twizzzlers
  • M1mu_ChanM1mu_Chan
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    Renni wrote: »
    I hope it won't be like the anniversary outfit design contest last last year, because it took over a year for them to announce the results. They actually implemented the winning designs (kitty and shark) into the game a while before they even announced the winners, so it was strange. xD
    Omg please don't announce the results in such a long time ;-; we can't wait anymore, we are so exited
    !
    ScarlettLove
  • forestninjaforestninja
    Reactions: 420
    edited February 2017
    I didn't see any random giveaways for this event. Is there going to be any?
This discussion has been closed.