[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

BFF event exp is unfair

Comments

• NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    edited March 2017
    The event was imported from TMS, where it didn't give the broken experience it is giving here, in fact, it gave almost no experience at all (exactly the same that you receive from Alishan, another TMS content). So unsurprising, it is a glitch. Also unsurprising is seeing Nexon not doing anything until their coders figure how to fix the problem, like they did with the Cube Duplication glitch in a previous event (a whole week of infinite cubes) and other past severe glitches which people abused plentiful (in some cases getting banned a week later or getting no punishment at all, depending of the mood of the GM of turn).

The chocobuff issue was a kind of a little different thing. It was an imported event from JMS, where, yeah, it was insanely powerful, but the reward shop items were highly limited in stock and choco frenzy was far more common (it seems the choco frenzy rate was bugged in GMS since sometimes I would inject 250 choco, the game would froze a minute and then no choco frenzy), so for JMS was insane power, but highly time consuming and frustrating to get, and it did reset daily after all the effort. For GMS it was largely effortless for a combination of bugs and weird management decisions, so it deserved a nerf. And maybe most importantly, chocobuff was a temporal buff: the experience glitch with BBF gives permanent results.

For those saying that ranking doesn't matter. That's right, but you can easily get permanent 31%+ boss attack, ignore defense and stuff by having 39 LV182 mules when the Union System is released this summer (mules that takes little more than an hour to hit that level with this glitched event). Plus all your link skills done in a single night. So the impact in the game is massive and whoever who misses the event or doesn't abuse the event now will be extremely underpowered compared to everyone else in the future, that is, if they don't rollback or don't begin to do a ban chain to the abussers which is also a possibility.
    Shippou
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    Quick call the Waaaaahmbulance.

Are people seriously complaining about this? Is it fair that i missed EVERY SINGLE prime scroll event? Yes, i had no interest in the game when they were on.

If you dont take part in the event due to some self-righteous garbage then its your own fault, as for those missing the event - well its their problem not being here simple as that.

The rewards are quite frankly not even worth the time it takes to get the coins, so maybe yea the exp is just fine the way it is, idr ever seeing this event before so why complain about a limited time thing? Take part - Have fun and when the events over, if you didnt participate its your own fault.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    EVERYONE benefits the same so how it it unfair lmao please.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    @LittleTLK - I'm taking a trip to hell tonight to personally begin construction on a special room for you there.

The inevitable nerf is probably heading down the pipes already. The OP (which I'd get in trouble for calling what I really want to call them on here) seems to be attempting to expedite its arrival. Whew. I'm just gonna stop at that, because I'm tempted to say a lot more, and believe me I so could. Just ask around.

All it takes is a very small nudge and you'll get what you want with this sort of thing, LittleTLK. I think Nexon has a special wire set up to alert them to people requesting nerfs to good events, and big red lights with sirens that go off all over the building and send out text messages to gaming special ops on-call employees to get them directly to da choppa, then right on this sort of thing immediately.
    XemnBahamut_X
  • AglowAglow
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    selfish and crazy people omg

but you dont complain about botters ? and how they ruin the market ? ohh wait thats oke with you .....

I made a thread specifically against botting and how it's damaging the game.
    Don't make assumptions.

@Its2Sharp4U:
    How am I being a hypocrite?

@forumsareannoying:
    Ok, then why not have nexon just release an event that automatically levels your character from 1 to 200?
    Oh what's that? That's insane? But it's a "good" thing, why are you complaining?

The long and short of it is that the exp from the event is excessive and allowing players to level far far too quickly than was ever intended. There's something wrong if you're able to get from 226->230 in under 24 hours.
    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof?

I've lost all faith in this community.
    You're all spoiled and care nothing about balance in the game.
    I truly cannot believe there are so many people like this playing this game.

Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof? Actually don't answer that, it's against the ToS to name ppl. But if you say the rankings, I just want to point out that the rankings do not update in realtime(meaning if i gain 20bil exp today it might take more than a day to update). No one knows how accurate the ranking system. And 226-230 in 24 hrs is do-able under the right conditions. So idk why you're making such a big deal out of it.

This is why you're a hypocrite ~~> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/25135/#Comment_25135

Also, don't presume to know what my response would be if Nexon released an event that "automatically" levels my character from 1-200. Granted, I already have 40 characters lv 200 or higher. However, I would gladly accept a free lv 200 character without complaining. We have had more than enough issues with Maple to start complaining about Good things. All you're doing is ruining this great opportunity to make up for lost time caused by lag, disconnections, maintenances, updates, and the lack of 2x events.

How could you have lost faith in this community when it seems like you just joined in December? You can't lose something you don't have and you don't know what this community has had to offer in terms of "balance" to Maplestory. If you did, you would have more than 20 posts.

Anyways, I'm getting too sucked into this thread. You seem to be trolling.

• AglowAglow
    edited March 2017
    Someone made these lvls in my guild today (yesterday now) from this event. Why are these forums always so bitter? I am only pointing out that the experience from this event is excessive, and it is. But people always benefit when there is a way to, and I am not telling anyone not too :)
  • AglowAglow
    edited March 2017
    Idk wth I did with my posts so lol
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Well, looks like you're getting your wish.
    Emergency maintenance starting right now.
    Can we guess what it's for?
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited March 2017
    Well it was fun til it last guys. Just remember.
    YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
    Lesson learned, i can go sleep now.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Well, looks like you're getting your wish.
    Emergency maintenance starting right now.
    Can we guess what it's for?

Yup, the emergency nerf crew has been deployed, just as I stated in my last post.
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited March 2017
    Nooo! you ruined it!
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    LOL dammit I shoulda grinded it more. It seemed to go a lot faster as we got the hang of it. Was planning on leveling some mules, too, but oh well lol.
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    well maybe they wont nerf it all the way to the ground for level 30-120 :o

but everything 160+ will become terrible :S
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited March 2017
    Anybody remember that "sidekick" event years back that lasted less than 12 hours? That's what this reminds me of lol
    NoComparison
  • WarameWarame
    Reactions: 675
    edited March 2017
    I just hope they don't nerf the coins you get from it...
    Nyara
  • SircaptainSircaptain
    Reactions: 740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I hope for the nerf as well, look. Getting levels nowadays is really easy, what you need is DMG.
    With events like these, the unfunded will go skyrocket in levels but not much in DMG. What will be left?
    The superior having ezpz lvl 210 links whilst being closer to 250, the non-superior being like what.. 210 too? and then arcane, they'll likely have the most blech dmg ever and can't even train, which takes out the fun for most.
    Just saying it's not really a good thing to level this fast, people liking this and hating the incoming 'nerf', are you in a hurry?
    Maplestory will be here for a long time, you will get your 250 if you stick along, no need to rush it, neither for links, experience the hardness, experience it all and look back at it later
    Nyara
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2017
    RIP BFF event. I hope it's really just to fix Jetts, BT, get rid of the neb announcement, and alliance login.
  • XemnXemn
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    Patterns. Nexon love to tease you-

Step 1: Good Event release, breathes life back in to the game, let everyone enjoy for a bit
    Step 2: Patch game event 1-2 days later TO THE GROUND
    Step 3 (optional): 2nd patch with more nerfing to pour salt in the wound

happy mapling
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited March 2017
    i sad now i wish this dude did not made this post about the bff event now it gone to be hard as hell to lvl up now it was fun to get some of my mule lvl up but i was use this event to get my main to 210
  • XxDrkMinatoxXXxDrkMinatoxX
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    seriously, people can't let good things happen... they complain get it nerf then complain about it being nerfed... like seriously use it to your advantage, its not an isolated event where only a few can do it, you have the means to do it as well so why are you complaining. just because you were probably lazy to do the dam event,people rejecting you or aborting after the mp stage don't ruin it for others.. smh this is why we can't have good things
This discussion has been closed.