[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    No one plays smash on 3DS :(

Understandable though, it's a dumpster fire. Anyway, looking forward to your stream next week.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Again, why not make your huge improvements to the Nexon Launcher before removing the alternative?

Get Nexon Launcher to the point where we don't have people posting, after every maintenance, "The Launcher made me download the whole game" or "I can't login through the Nexon Launcher" and such. Get us to the point where we never have to tell someone, "Try using GameLauncher.exe and see what message you get."
    Once that is done, and only then, you can remove it.

It makes absolutely no sense to throw away your parachute before you make certain your plane can take off and land safely, every single time.

And, with all due respect to your CS department, they have not been able to help maplers with the launch issues that have been plaguing us for several months now. The community figured out ways to work around your bugs, at least for some of us. I really don't expect CS to be able to help us with Nexon Launcher issues beyond "remove everything, re-download everything (yes, all 10GB), reinstall, and I'm sure it will work. Oh, you did it three times already and it didn't work? I will forward this to our dev team. Keep an eye on the forums and webpage for updates."
    HHG1PirateIzzyBahamut_X
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Welcome Community Manager Arwoo! We are very happy to see you after a long wait with a replacement. I hope to see you around the forums and in Game!
    @Arwoo
    jxcRT7B.png
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Hello job stea- -cough- I mean CM! Nice to meet you...
  • KirdeinKirdein
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    Welcome to the forums CM Arwoo ^_^
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Welcome! Sadly I'll be in class during the live stream, but hopefully I can be there to help out another time if you do weekly streams like KthxBaiNao did.

Now for my question!
    Do you plan on continuing the Maple Minutes series that Michael started, or do any events with the community such as the Maplestory Community Summit that happened last year?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2017
    @Arwoo

are you a guy or girl and tell more about you (our last CM was Korean)
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited March 2017
    Welcome CM Arwoo!
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    I want to know about the Breath of Divinity

supposedly the ring was not "listed" in the rewards list but it actually was then it got edited out
    I checked the list of rewards on the very first day of the books release and it clearly said breath of divinity
    why would you take out the ring midway? Last nights little server check note stated the ring will be taken out of books
    was that some kind of bait? was the ring in the books prior sc?
    You fix the ring yet you take them out of the books, why is that
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2017
    Welcome to the maple community, hopefully your time here won't be too stressful.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Find out both on the livestream! I will speak my language and look my gender!
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    @Arwoo

are you a guy or girl and tell more about you (our last CM was Korean)

It looks like the Maple Minutes was a compilation of community creations, however, I enjoy giving the spotlight to each work of art over our social channels.
    I do have ideas for a video series in the future, but I won't be continuing the Maple Minutes. As for community summits... of course! We'll plan more events where players can meet up with the staff.
    Detrivance wrote: »
    Welcome! Sadly I'll be in class during the live stream, but hopefully I can be there to help out another time if you do weekly streams like KthxBaiNao did.

Now for my question!
    Do you plan on continuing the Maple Minutes series that Michael started, or do any events with the community such as the Maplestory Community Summit that happened last year?

The ring was not intended to be in the Philosopher's book from the get-go.
    Because the fix was very recently applied, we want to avoid any potential issues that may arise.

We're currently monitoring the ring and player's feedback towards the ring before we release it again in the future.
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    I want to know about the Breath of Divinity

supposedly the ring was not "listed" in the rewards list but it actually was then it got edited out
    I checked the list of rewards on the very first day of the books release and it clearly said breath of divinity
    why would you take out the ring midway? Last nights little server check note stated the ring will be taken out of books
    was that some kind of bait? was the ring in the books prior sc?
    You fix the ring yet you take them out of the books, why is that

JettLuvsUNyaraJuly
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Anything fun or new for us in store for this weekend?? Or Next Week ? Just curious usually there is events when we get a new CM or even a contest! Are you planning on doing anything like Twitch channel, or anything in that nature ?
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    Welcome Arwoo!

I've asked this question so many times in the past and made many threads but have never received a response for it. Will Violet Cubes ever be sold again? And I don't know if you were playing maple but there have only been 3 instances(that I am aware of) where Violet cubes have been available. The first time was during its release when it was introduced in the cash shop iin August 2015. They were available in single quantities and bundle too. Second time was during the last(or last 2?) marvel. Meaning that if you wanted a violet cube, you would have to spend a lot of NX for a chance to get some. And the third and final time was during the last Miracle Time. When they were part 3 expensive bundles. The cheapest bundle was about 75k nx and brought 3 violet cubes and the most expensive bundle was about 140k nx and only brought 5 cubes.

As you can see, it seems that you guys want to make the Violet Cubes available but it is extremely unfair to have to spend such high amounts of NX for just a chance of getting the cubes.

So my question to you is: Will violet cubes ever be sold individually(1 cube) or in a bundle(pack of 11 cubes like Red, Green, Black cubes) in the cash shop? Thanks for taking the time to answer all our previous questions and I'm looking forward to seeing what great things you will bring to this community.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Hold your horses Eager Mc Beaver! Next week we're planning a forum restructure, but once the dust settles we'll be sure to fire up some interesting contests/events.
    Anything fun or new for us in store for this weekend?? Or Next Week ? Just curious usually there is events when we get a new CM or even a contest! Are you planning on doing anything like Twitch channel, or anything in that nature ?

Currently there haven't been any recent discussions in regards to Violet Cubes.
    However, we're aware that they're a very sought after item and players would love to see them make a return outside of Marvel Machines, so it's not entirely out of the question.

We'll be sure to talk it over within the team, that's the best I got for you at this point in time.
    Welcome Arwoo!

I've asked this question so many times in the past and made many threads but have never received a response for it. Will Violet Cubes ever be sold again? And I don't know if you were playing maple but there have only been 3 instances(that I am aware of) where Violet cubes have been available. The first time was during its release when it was introduced in the cash shop iin August 2015. They were available in single quantities and bundle too. Second time was during the last(or last 2?) marvel. Meaning that if you wanted a violet cube, you would have to spend a lot of NX for a chance to get some. And the third and final time was during the last Miracle Time. When they were part 3 expensive bundles. The cheapest bundle was about 75k nx and brought 3 violet cubes and the most expensive bundle was about 140k nx and only brought 5 cubes.

As you can see, it seems that you guys want to make the Violet Cubes available but it is extremely unfair to have to spend such high amounts of NX for just a chance of getting the cubes.

So my question to you is: Will violet cubes ever be sold individually(1 cube) or in a bundle(pack of 11 cubes like Red, Green, Black cubes) in the cash shop? Thanks for taking the time to answer all our previous questions and I'm looking forward to seeing what great things you will bring to this community.

Thank you guys so far for the warm welcome!
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I have a question for you? What do you like about your new placement here for being a CM! Were you nervous for the position? Did you know what you were getting yourself into? Are you excited to be a part of the Maple Community? I just want to hear your feedback on that because each CM that we had in the past were different. Thanks. Happy Mapling! Arwoo!

PS> Sorry for being a little to excited for next week! I'm just happy that they got a New CM and that you will do great as a Team! :)
    JettLuvsU
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited March 2017
    Very nice to meet you, Arwoo.

You had mentioned being on Twitch in your introduction, what other social media platforms are you on or will you be using as our CM?
  • CrusectorCrusector
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    ok here comes the big question will nx ever fix the event hall ?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    There are a number of existing topics, questions, and issues that I will be addressing.

For the most part, I believe there are a number of misunderstandings currently in the community that I'd love to shed light on!

Aaaaany time now......

Normally I'd give a new CM a few days to get their bearings, but since you said you've been reading for weeks, you must have so many topics you've been itching to post on, but couldn't until now. So, go for it!

PirateIzzy
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited March 2017
    I just want nexon to make higher level PQs and upgrade the servers. T_T

Also bring back Guild PQ D:
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I will be placing my response above the quotes due to the formatting of our dev posts on the front page.

Addressing all the standing issues is top priority on my list.
    Outside of addressing these issues, I have plans to bring more contests and events both on the forums and in-game.

MapleStory's fashion community is still very huge so I'd also like to revamp our official Tumblr page and keep it focused on styles, player interviews, and perhaps the latest hot topics in-game. While Facebook and Twitter are mostly used for keeping players updated with what's new, I'd like Tumblr to be more about what's going on in the game and the community.

For livestreams I have plans to start a series of "Teach me how to..." and spotlight members in the community to highlight pros and cons of classes they're experts with. I had a hard time trying to find recent day guides so I hope this would be helpful for returning payers when it comes to selecting a class.

This is just a small sample of ideas that I'm planning of course!
    While I can't promise they'll all make it through, I have many more ideas for the future.
    However, since you just got into the hot seat this will be my question. What are the first few things (that you can say) you're planning to do as a Community Manager for MapleStory?

We're currently in discussions ni regards to the Reboot EU server.
    I will keep you guys informed when I have further updates on this topic.
    Emil wrote: »
    Question for the stream:
    Now that the Lagg issue have been fixed is a eu reboot server being discussed once again?

+1. Would be great to get some info that isn't as vague as it has been up until now. I think the people in NA reboot would really enjoy having less stress on their reboot server.

I am planning a forum restructure for next week. A number of the sections on these forums aren't used much at all and I'd like to introduce some new sections as well.
    Cleaning up these forums is absolutely on the high end of my priority list!
    Okhura wrote: »
    Now I have a little more time.

Are there any planned changes for the forums? I think the bug section needs a bit of a rework because its a bit of a mess along with the Maple Classifieds.

We will have an update on the status of the VVorld Record event along with the rewards next week unless something comes up.
    Apologies on the very long delay for this particular event!

ShyAlly wrote: »
    Welcome ^^ Good luck :P

For an AMA question -- Any update on VVorld Event rewards? It's a little bit concerning how long it takes to distribute event rewards.

I played both Melee and Brawl (I know exactly why you didn't list Brawl ahahaha!) I mained Marth in Melee, SNake/Lucario in Brawl, and Corrin in S4.
    Real question... Melee or Sm4sh? and who do you main?

^^^^^ I have a Wii U. Looks like my face is safe from your foot!
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Who do you main in smash? Got smash4? Wii U or 3DS?

If 3DS, I will kick your face in.

With the direct launch being removed announcement I've seen many of the concerns over this decision.

However, I can assure you that because we're moving to a more centralized method of launching MapleStory, that we will be making huge improvements to the launcher. Not just the launcher, but the patching system as well since many players have made reports that the game forces the client to be patched on numerous occasions.

Despite this, if players are still unable to access the game, please let our CS team know and they'll do everything within their power to make sure you're able to get back into the game.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Most urgent issue I would like you to get to work on:
    The impending removal of direct launch.

This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. It's two weeks away and the Nexon Launcher is far from stable, and lacks some basic functionality (like telling the user they can't log in because they're banned).

Please do whatever is in your power to keep GameLauncher.exe around at least until Nexon Launcher has all its functionality and reliability.

Existing threads on this topic:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10556/upcoming-forced-usage-of-nexon-launcher-annoyance
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10805/now-that-we-know-nexon-doesn-t-use-nexon-launcher/p1

I will have many contests! As a huge fan of creativity, I will be sure to put this community's creativity to the test!
    Are u going to have contests like the st Patrick's day poetry contest and also have a twitch section ?

I don't think Nexon understands that no matter what having an extra piece of software will make the game run worse no matter what..... which is why WE DON'T WANT TO USE IT. Improve the game launcher not Nexon launcher. If it isn't broken don't fix it comes to mind.
This discussion has been closed.