[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A Proposal that needs your support.

Comments

• justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Ahoy! I've forwarded this concern to our CS team, but here's what I've gathered.

Players who purchased the weapons were not permabanned. Accounts that had a hand in creating the weapons were banned.
    Our team made sure to only delete the weapon from those who purchased the weapons and not ban their account.

I cannot investigate how true these claims are:
    CindereIIa wrote: »
    has caused them to lose their account permanently.
    The reason for their permanent ban was due to "participation of exploits".

Our valued players were accused of terminating ToS, although they had no idea that they had made purchased of an item that was made illegally.

However, a permanent ban was not the proper protocol for dealing with players who purchased the weapons.
    Please have the players submit a ticket to our Customer Support team for further investigation.

Thank you!

according to what is written here, NEXON failed big time, since everyone who bought the weapon or even hold it for 5 minutes was permanently banned.

CindereIIa
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Sadly, we can't go by whatever is written here without looking into things further.
    The best we can do is to have our CS team look into these cases, but I've been informed by them that no legitimate player who purchased the weapons were banned.

However, players who acquired the weapons through illegitimate means were indeed banned.
    CindereIIa
  • AhriannaAhrianna
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2017
    I find it really stupid as a legitimate player that several of the banned players are pretending that they're completely innocent. If you've been playing this long and spent so much on your account, you would obviously have the game knowledge to know that those weapons would not be legitimate, as the timing with Lucid release wouldn't work.

I've seen some people saying that Nexon hasn't punished anyone for the symbol exploits and other issues, but I feel that this issue is pretty separate from that. You knew that those weapons weren't legitimate and despite that, you bought them. Just because Nexon hasn't punished anyone for other issues doesn't mean that you aren't doing something bad.

Of course, I do think that the permanent bans were harsh for a punishment, and I believe that it should be lightened, but please do not pretend that you all were completely innocent in this. You knew what you were doing was wrong, and blame cannot be placed solely on Nexon for their incompetency.
    trapi
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    Reactions: 470
    edited March 2017
    Sadly, we can't go by whatever is written here without looking into things further.
    The best we can do is to have our CS team look into these cases, but I've been informed by them that no legitimate player who purchased the weapons were banned.

However, players who acquired the weapons through illegitimate means were indeed banned.

As of right now, we can only count on our GMs to do another complete ACC check. Let's just all hope for the best. Again, thank you for your time.

• ShaWaterShaWater
    Reactions: 445
    edited March 2017

Scania is probably one of the most broken servers on this game. And preventing this exploit was probably the most inevitable. Punishment may seem necessary, but Perm-ban seems a bit harsh.
    The way the game team made the difference was if the weapon was traded again after arriving the accounts.
    Thats why people that held the weapon even for a sec and traded it back, and the ones that gave them in first place, are currently perm banned too.
    None of the accounts banned gave hand in making the weapons.
    CindereIIajustsomeoneChristinatrapi
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    The perma banned players (with exceptions if there is any) are not innocent. These players are knowledgeable players who knows a lot about the game. They didn't get this far by playing this game and still being stupid, right? They know the only way to obtain these items were from killing Lucid which will take many months. There is no other legit way to obtain them as of right now, not even from Cash Shop sales.

Perhaps Nexon need to reconsider whether this should be a perm ban or not for those who only touched it by having it in their inventory. But for those who actually obtained it from a hacker, it's hard to get out of this mess. The chances to get unbanned will even be lower if these banned players know that hacker, which I think they do. There are many players who have connections with someone who uses hacks in this game, which they accept, because they are friends.

AKradian wrote: »
    I have a hard time believing that players who were so godly and rich did not know that the items they were buying were illicitly obtained.

Can people get so powerful and rich in-game, legitimately, and still remain so willfully ignorant of the mechanics of the new boss that they didn't know Lucid hadn't been out long enough for anyone to get her equipment legitimately?
    Can anyone play this game for so many years and still be unaware that hackers always beat bosses first?
    Can people be major merchants in their server and not know who the legit boss runners are and who are hackers?

Perhaps you are right that perma-bans are too much, and they should just lose the equipment and get a warning temp ban. But claiming that they were all completely innocently buying something that just showed up in FM and looked shiny, is just a wee bit disingenuous.

Well said. I have discussed it with my friends and they agree too regardless how awfull Nexon's actions were on this matter. These players know a lot about this game and they have connections with many other players. They definitely knew about these weapons were obtained through illegal ways. They are strong players and didn't really needed to get these weapons (especially this way) but the greed took over them.

Aggraphine wrote: »
    We've had Lucid since January 4th. It takes 24 Lucid clears to get one weapon.

How is it Nexon's fault these people were stupid enough to buy obviously hacked/duped weapons?

And before people come and try to either defend their idiot friends, or tell me how wrong and "toxic" I am and how Nexon needs to ban hackers better or something like that, save it, because I don't care. We've had Lucid for 15 weeks and, again, it takes 24 clears for one person to get one weapon. It's not Nexon's fault people were stupid enough to buy things that were blatantly hacked or duped.

24 Lucid clears = like 6 months
    These highly funded players definitely knows these items were unobtainable right now.
    Kokee wrote: »
    not that my situation is the same as i only touched it, but i didnt know it was duped/hacked because i dont do lucid.
    some players just dont want spoilers
    If it's true what you said, hopefully they will reconsider yours.

trapiMambic
  • LoudLoud
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2017
    hi
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The innocent act is getting really old.
    Players put on this mask when appealing to Nexon when they know all too well what they've done.
    trapi
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited March 2017
    There is no way that someone willing to spend that much on an item didn't know it wasn't obtained legitimately.

I'm willing to bet that quite a few of the items were sold for real money too.

I think that permanently banning these accounts is justified. Letting people go will just set a bad precedent:

"I can hack and get the items on a mule, sell the items to myself, and not get banned on my main. Or I can just ask someone that hacks to get the items for me and I'll still be okay."

At the very least these accounts should be removed from rankings, and banned for a few weeks.
    JettLuvsUShippouPrettyJulyAggraphinebumbertyrNeospectorMegaScienceBasuraalex7and 8 others.
  • trapitrapi
    Reactions: 345
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    All these people know what they were buying and they knew all those exploits, if they were banned it is because they deserved it.

Now clear after breaking the rules and receive their punishments ask to be forgiven, play clean and not have to suffer the consequences.

Turning away the fact that they spend money on the game does not mean they can do what they want and go over the rules of the game.

The GM's does not apply penalties without doing an investigation, good luck and good game.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    that was never available in game free market.

Those players bought it with dollars from hackers in hacking websites.

Let me say, they not done it by mistake, they all pro players who knows very well that no one can obtain it legally (need 25 weeks to get enough coins).
    Using this weapons before legit players its like using hacks, like ppl who use Frenzy totem hack (or duped) while other ppl try to obtain frenzy totem legally.

They took the risk, and got caught.
    I don't care if they perm banned or not, but for sure should keep them out of ranking.
    trapiPhantomMasterThief
  • Kanjo159Kanjo159
    Reactions: 930
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I never cared about the Arcane weapons but I'll support this in any way I can that hasn't already been done.
  • PrettyPretty
    Reactions: 645
    edited March 2017
    And, many of these people who created these weapons have used hacks to get to the level they were at (even level 250) and have not been banned for macroing, even though there have been numerous reports submitted by Maplers. I for one am glad to see justice being served - permanent bans is the end goal for these illegit players who put on an innocent face and who don't have completely clean hands.
    trapigvnalmanza
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »

Let me say, they not done it by mistake, they all pro players who knows very well that no one can obtain it legally (need 25 weeks to get enough coins).
    Using this weapons before legit players its like using hacks, like ppl who use Frenzy totem hack (or duped) while other ppl try to obtain frenzy totem legally.

I don't care if they perm banned or not, but for sure should keep them out of ranking.

That means the thread starter lied about being banned for buying the item and then got unbanned. (see the comment on page 2 near the bottom). From what I have been told she was never banned.
    Thank you for all your support CM. But I can verify your claims. I was one of the few peoples who bought these weapons. And also the ONLY one out of these people that were able to get unbanned. I can assure you that we had no link to the creation of these weapons. And I am also working very hard with the MS team to get this issue resolved. I just hope that we can get the support of the community. Again, thank you; every effort and words of consideration is much appreciate.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    You guys are all missing the point and it's a shame. Yea, we all know these people aren't completely innocent but it's quite sad how the attention shifted away from the hackers, exploiters, and dupers and stuck on the banned 'pros'. Whether it's because you guys are jealous, intolerable to mistakes, or simply ignorant, almost everyone here is condemning the people who got banned for getting into this situation, when the blame should be placed on the exploiters who made all of this happen. Hackers continue to run rampant and ruin this game but I'm glad we can all sit here and judge these people who got banned.
    trapiJettLuvsULilyflowerRenni
  • trapitrapi
    Reactions: 345
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    All this players know what they do it.
    You guys are all missing the point and it's a shame. Yea, we all know these people aren't completely innocent but it's quite sad how the attention shifted away from the hackers, exploiters, and dupers and stuck on the banned 'pros'. Whether it's because you guys are jealous, intolerable to mistakes, or simply ignorant, almost everyone here is condemning the people who got banned for getting into this situation, when the blame should be placed on the exploiters who made all of this happen. Hackers continue to run rampant and ruin this game but I'm glad we can all sit here and judge these people who got banned.

The difference is that none of these players were new to the game, they all already have years playing maplestory and they knew they were breaking the rules and they did not care at all.

It also makes you think if they took advantage to buy illegal weapons, as you can know if they did not previously to get those items?
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    Reactions: 470
    edited March 2017
    I am patiently waiting 24 hours from now for the thousands of people who had view this thread and are waiting for their accounts to be verified to comment their support on this thread. I can imagine the ratio of support :ignorance already :p
  • PrettyPretty
    Reactions: 645
    edited March 2017
    Yea, we all know these people aren't completely innocent but it's quite sad how the attention shifted away from the hackers, exploiters, and dupers and stuck on the banned 'pros'.

What you don't realize is that quite a few of these "pros" are one and the same.
    trapiShippou
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    Anything wrote: »
    July wrote: »

That means the thread starter lied about being banned for buying the item and then got unbanned. (see the comment on page 2 near the bottom)
    Thank you for all your support CM. But I can verify your claims. I was one of the few peoples who bought these weapons. And also the ONLY one out of these people that were able to get unbanned. I can assure you that we had no link to the creation of these weapons. And I am also working very hard with the MS team to get this issue resolved. I just hope that we can get the support of the community. Again, thank you; every effort and words of consideration is much appreciate.

all of what thread starter said are lies..

"Due to the high demands of these weapons, some of our most valuable players with the resources and funds to obtain these weapons-- legally in game"

yea they got the weapon in game from bot/hacker after they paid the dollars.

"they had no idea that they had made purchased of an item that was made illegally. "

they all pro, lvl 230+, not new players and they knew very well that those weapons can't be obtained 4 weeks after Lucid released. (need 25 coins so need 25 weeks).
    trapiShippou
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

To me, a rule breaker's a rule breaker. If they get caught, they should get banned, simple as that. Of course I want the originators to get banned, but that doesn't mean Nexon should ignore the rest of the rule breakers.

If a guy kills someone in public and gets arrested, should that guy point to the serial killers that off several people but disappear without getting caught?

Or should drug dealers complain about their suppliers (i.e. enablers) not getting caught while they're sitting in jail?
    trapiJettLuvsU
This discussion has been closed.