[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Future Of Maple Story

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
I hope that at least someday nexon will start listening to the players if not, then oh well... it has been a great story.

#MakeMapleGreat ? ? ?
Lilyflower
  1. Should Nexon America Start listening to thier Player Base ?27 votes
    1. Yes , because i love this game and i don't want it to die
       78% (21 votes)
    2. Nope , this game is already Long Dead
       7% (2 votes)
    3. Meybe ??? {I don't know i just want to maple on , sorta;ish
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    nexon america only cares about one thing... a player who spends $$$$ that's it! Do they listen to the players On what they want? Nope its been like this for a year or more sure they ban botters but still it's not enough to make the players comeback right now they need to do something cause I don't know how long the game will live :/. And I don't want it to die. But nexonA needs to start listening to the players and solve the problems.
    WillowRosenberg
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited October 2016
    You see, MapleStory is still an amazing game.

Nexon does care about their players in their own way. KThxByeNao is an amazing contributor to our needs. He is constantly rooting for change and is always ensuring a quality of care towards us players. Nexon reads every forum post, every last word and they take everything into account. Nexon, the company is listening, is reading... KThxByeNao is rooting for us.

The community managers current and past have always rooted for the players and they're always reading, always listening and always there to heed our concerns.
    StarrySWolfDedicatedBMKThxBaiNao
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    I find it slightly "amusing" how some players have been complaining about MapleStory "dying" since 2008 or earlier. MapleStory isn't going anywhere, this title is and will be hosted in the future.

Reminder
    Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.
    What feedback would you like Nexon evaluate and take into consideration?
    Lilyflower
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

I find it slightly "amusing" how some players have been complaining about MapleStory "dying" since 2008 or earlier. MapleStory isn't going anywhere, this title is and will be hosted in the future.

Reminder
    Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.

I would like that nexon will start listening to our Suggestions, that more Threads will be answered , becuase there are alot of Threads that have no actuall official response .

And also it's a new Fourm , so kinda like a new Beginning , a fresh start, i also feel that sometimes nexon just ignores some posts , or meybe it's just me .

In short: I want nexon to listen to us , and what we want , so more Communication with us the players , and i think that will give Maple story even more life , becuase if you have Communication , then the players can know that you care for them, listen to them, and when there are bug or anything else, you tell them . and Communication is a 2 Way Road , we Communicate with nexon and nexon Communicate with us . oh and we say that maple story is "Dying" because there are alot less players and it is noticable , some servers have almot no players at all, we just want better Communication that's all. also there are things that nexon decided to not implement into gms that alot of player do want because it is helpfull, like Flames of Rebirth , Auction house Etc.... , just some extra stuff that nexon korea added to give players a bit more Versatility , for example : You can sell more Cash items at the Auction house , like Free market permits etc.... i do hope that nexon will listen to our suggestions and make maple even better , because In my OPINION There are always room for exxpanding and improving .
    Have a nice day :D

#BetterMaple :D

Its2Sharp4ULilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

I find it even more amusing that you sound so puzzled, considering how many of your own suggestions and bug reports (or suggestions you supported and bugs you confirmed and forwarded) never got any kind of official response. Or, at best, a "we'll look into it" and then months or, in some cases, years of silence.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas events with events unchanged from previous years, and the inevitable threads asking for the same changes to these events that we've been begging for each and every year.
    Its2Sharp4ULilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Hmmm, let's see

* Inventory issues

* Better bot control (ie make it significantly harder for them to create new accounts)

* Problems with events (too many simultaneous events with mediocre rewards from all of them, recurring broken events that come back year after year with the same problems and exploits, patched over and over again every year (if at all) but they show up unpatched the next year without fail)

* Magnus

* Problems acquiring SW gear reliably

* Meso<->NX market implemented

* Clean up the codebase significantly to improve server performance

* Make new bosses accessible to a majority of players, not a super minority

* Supreme world (this one is a personal one, the rest on the list are things that most if not all players agree on based on past discussions)

* Remove most/all of the outdate trade restrictions on items

* Making event items (especially chairs and titles) account bound instead of character bound

* Codex bugs

* Codex revamp

etc...etc...etc...

Invulgo you of all people should know that Nexon implements next to none of the QoL stuff we ask for, and what little they do implement have little to no impact on the game itself outside of visuals (damage skin storage, purely a cosmetics issue, being able to switch [limited] effects off, a QoL visual change)
    Its2Sharp4UAKradianPhantomMasterThiefLilyflowerInvulgoPoohsStarrySWolfDedicatedBMCatooolooo
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    SpiritofMir

You see, MapleStory is still an amazing game.

Nexon does care about their players in their own way. KThxByeNao is an amazing contributor to our needs. He is constantly rooting for change and is always ensuring a quality of care towards us players. Nexon reads every forum post, every last word and they take everything into account. Nexon, the company is listening, is reading... KThxByeNao is rooting for us.

The community managers current and past have always rooted for the players and they're always reading, always listening and always there to heed our concerns.
    But one can only do so much. There needs to be a step up in managing these forums. Unless the rumor of it just being a system of placebo buttons.

We're not asking an entire rework of the game to be done in a day like slaves. We're asking for reasonable change where we can see such transparency of improvements for MapleStory within weeks and months.

Right now, there's a lot of stuff that are a "hit-or-miss" such as Bug Reports, Suggestions, or even our Update Notes.

Sure they may be improving, but there is always room for more. This can possibly mean more Nexon presence with people within the company that can divide the work that KThxBaiNao is currently doing. Right now on the forums it looks like there are a few volunteers who may not have a strong say and one to three people actually being Nexon officials with little to no presence for 2/3rds of them.
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

[Discussion] Lets talk about the problems with MapleStory

Bug Reports not being recognized?
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

I find it even more amusing that you sound so puzzled, considering how many of your own suggestions and bug reports (or suggestions you supported and bugs you confirmed and forwarded) never got any kind of official response. Or, at best, a "we'll look into it" and then months or, in some cases, years of silence.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas events with events unchanged from previous years, and the inevitable threads asking for the same changes to these events that we've been begging for each and every year.
    This.
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

But one can only do so much. There needs to be a step up in managing these forums. Unless the rumor of it just being a system of placebo buttons.

We're not asking an entire rework of the game to be done in a day like slaves. We're asking for reasonable change where we can see such transparency of improvements for MapleStory within weeks and months.

Right now, there's a lot of stuff that are a "hit-or-miss" such as Bug Reports, Suggestions, or even our Update Notes.

Sure they may be improving, but there is always room for more. This can possibly mean more Nexon presence with people within the company that can divide the work that KThxBaiNao is currently doing. Right now on the forums it looks like there are a few volunteers who may not have a strong say and one to three people actually being Nexon officials with little to no presence for 2/3rds of them.
    Truth as it may, KThxByeNao definitely has a lot on his plate. MapleStory has heaps of dedicated customer support crew ranging from forum managers and community managers as well as volunteer VFMs who have a line to Nexon. Nexon takes on board everyone's opinion. Absolutely there are some problems with transparency in regards to update notes - yes, we should know what we're patching
    but albeit as it may, Nexon is definitely reading everything.
    gamechanger

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Hmmm, let's see

* Inventory issues Billed

* Better bot control (ie make it significantly harder for them to create new accounts) Billed

* Problems with events (too many simultaneous events with mediocre rewards from all of them, recurring broken events that come back year after year with the same problems and exploits, patched over and over again every year (if at all) but they show up unpatched the next year without fail) Billed

* Magnus Billed

* Make new bosses accessible to a majority of players, not a super minority Billed

* Supreme world (this one is a personal one, the rest on the list are things that most if not all players agree on based on past discussions)

* Making event items (especially chairs and titles) account bound instead of character bound

* Codex bugs billed

* Codex revamp Billed

etc...etc...etc...

Invulgo you of all people should know that Nexon implements next to none of the QoL stuff we ask for, and what little they do implement have little to no impact on the game itself outside of visuals (damage skin storage, purely a cosmetics issue, being able to switch [limited] effects off, a QoL visual change)
    All of the above needs definite attention. Whilst in the MLC, a lot of these have been covered and it has been over a year and us maplers have not received word since.

Nexon is capable of change and they have been absolutely willing to public opinion. Definitely all of these pointers have a need to be addressed by Nexon and hopefully we'll see changes made.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Nice to see an ex-MLC who hasn't been completely embittered by the experience.

But yes, if they read and never respond or implement, it doesn't help us, the game, or Nexon-player relations, at all.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    SpiritofMir

Its2Sharp4U

Truth as it may, KThxByeNao definitely has a lot on his plate. MapleStory has heaps of dedicated customer support crew ranging from forum managers and community managers as well as volunteer VFMs who have a line to Nexon. Nexon takes on board everyone's opinion. Absolutely there are some problems with transparency in regards to update notes - yes, we should know what we're patching
    but albeit as it may, Nexon is definitely reading everything.
    gamechanger

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Hmmm, let's see

* Inventory issues Billed

* Better bot control (ie make it significantly harder for them to create new accounts) Billed

* Problems with events (too many simultaneous events with mediocre rewards from all of them, recurring broken events that come back year after year with the same problems and exploits, patched over and over again every year (if at all) but they show up unpatched the next year without fail) Billed

* Magnus Billed

* Make new bosses accessible to a majority of players, not a super minority Billed

* Codex bugs billed

* Codex revamp Billed

etc...etc...etc...

All of the above needs definite attention. Whilst in the MLC, a lot of these have been covered and it has been over a year and us maplers have not received word since.

Nexon is capable of change and they have been absolutely willing to public opinion. Definitely all of these pointers have a need to be addressed by Nexon and hopefully we'll see changes made.
    That's really interesting, because I didn't even know some of those things had come up with the MLC (notably the codex).
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nice to see an ex-MLC who hasn't been completely embittered by the experience.

But yes, if they read and never respond or implement, it doesn't help us, the game, or Nexon-player relations, at all.
    I did take a long hiatus from MapleStory though.............

Yes, I believe that Nexon needs to have a better player relationship and it definitely would help with communication of ideas. There are definitely things going behind the scenes that help influence change especially KThxBaiNao's tireless efforts communicating our ideas and suggestions.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    I don't blame on the cm I blame on nexon doesn't communicate with players and most importantly fix the problems!.
    WillScarlet
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Lilyflower

I don't blame on the cm I blame on nexon doesn't communicate with players and most importantly fix the problems!.
    You are more mature than 2/3 of the game's population
    WillScarletCatooolooo
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

How does me making a point about the "trend" among some users to claim the game is going to shut down if it's not living up to their expected standards? What exactly do you think I sound so puzzled about? I don't understand.

Edit: Oh you guys meant the implementations of suggestions and such.
    I try to always have a positive outlook on things, and I want to encourage people to share what they want changed and implemented, even if it might never happen or will take "ages". We did get more channels for Ranmaru! Some things do get implemented, majority of the suggestions do get buried in the section. Also lots of feedback we post is indeed read, staff isn't able to reply to all the threads. That doesn't mean things don't get noticed.

To be completely honest I have gotten desensitized in some areas, It's just something that has happened to me over time. I didn't really ask for it, I know it's not a good thing because it means I stopped caring about it. For instance I have "given up" on us ever getting some sort of phone authentication. I don't really see that happening after seeing players ask for it repeatedly since 2011. That's my personal take on it after all this time, I would love to be wrong however. I don't really see the point in sharing this information however, I don't find it nice to discourage someones suggestion! They still cares about the topic and for good reasons! We need people still caring and sharing. I still care about many suggestions and that's why I keep bringing up topics and make threads on things that I still belive can and will be implemented.

gamechangerLilyflower
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited October 2016

* Codex bugs

* Codex revamp

These are the only things I feel that need a rework. I do enjoy collecting cards.
    Bahamut_X
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited October 2016
    Good poll question but how do we define "player base"?
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

GURLLLL LET'S GO GET SOME POPEYES THIS DRAMA GOT ME HUNGRY..
    WillScarletStarrySWolf
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

dear lordy not YOU again!
    GTFO
    your jokes are not funny anymore and honestly just seeing your name gives me a headache.
    just accept and move on.
    You sound like an "old man yelling at the clouds"
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

We need more staff to micro-manage sections of the forum, such as: "bug reporting, suggestions, ..."
    Players put a lot of time and effort into reporting bugs and suggesting things to improve the player experience, ... only to be ignored most of the time. Great suggestions have been made but they are not being acknowledged. I can't even remember how many times people have suggested to increase the amount of entry channels available for Ranmaru and we've received no word back on it. For me, a lot of the issues I have with Nexon seems to be communication.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

We need more staff to micro-manage sections of the forum, such as: "bug reporting, suggestions, ..."
    Players put a lot of time and effort into reporting bugs and suggesting things to improve the player experience, ... only to be ignored most of the time. Great suggestions have been made but they are not being acknowledged. I can't even remember how many times people have suggested to increase the amount of entry channels available for Ranmaru and we've received no word back on it. For me, a lot of the issues I have with Nexon seems to be communication.
    Ranmaru entry channels were increased a while back.

But yeah, suggestions and bug reports are mostly neither acknowledged nor acted on, in a timely manner or at all.