[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please keep P2W out of Reboot

DaxiDaxi
Reactions: 1,800
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
They said in the Stream that the Re:Zero boxes (which give 2 BIS Medals) will be purchasable for Mesos AND NX in Reboot. Please only sell them for Mesos and not NX.

We do not want to be able to buy stat advantages in Reboot.

https://streamable.com/kssq3
SeanthepepexOtakudetexmjgj96steamconeHASUEHASHiroki05DuschaInconspicuousCreepPissedOff

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Out of the whole game* it's not needed to make good money
    Seanthepepe
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Out of the whole game* it's not needed to make good money

I don't understand what you're talking about, can you elaborate?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »

As far as I understand it, he is trying to turn the issue from "these specific boxes should not cost NX in Reboot" to "there should be no pay-to-win elements at all".
    Which, while a nice sentiment, is rather off-topic to the current discussion.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

As far as I understand it, he is trying to turn the issue from "these specific boxes should not cost NX in Reboot" to "there should be no pay-to-win elements at all".
    Which, while a nice sentiment, is rather off-topic to the current discussion.

So.. they support not selling them for NX? :3
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017

In a word, yes, but in such a way that's trying to derail the specific purpose of the thread.
    Since it is such a hot-button issue I made sure to forward it, along with the other concerns about the stream (of which I counted only about 3 main ones, judging by Twitch chat).
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

In a word, yes, but in such a way that's trying to derail the specific purpose of the thread.
    Since it is such a hot-button issue I made sure to forward it, along with the other concerns about the stream (of which I counted only about 3 main ones, judging by Twitch chat).

Thank you very much. :)

I hope they just misspoke in the Stream and don't plan to add P2W to Reboot.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »

Thank you very much. :)

I hope they just misspoke in the Stream and don't plan to add P2W to Reboot.

I also hope that's not the case.

I'm hoping they are referring to the cosmetic items being available for NX and not the BiS items.

I don't think any of us mind the cosmetics being available for Mesos and NX (that's better then many of us would expect). But selling the Medals in the random boxes, that can be purchased for NX and Mesos isn't acceptable. :(
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Let's wait and see what comes out with the event. ^^ - might have just been misspeaking.

If we wait until it comes out the damage will be done. Need to get pestering now! :P
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Let's wait and see what comes out with the event. ^^ - might have just been misspeaking.

If we wait until it comes out the damage will be done. Need to get pestering now! :P

Which you did, and Neospector says he forwarded it, so now we wait for clarification.
    I agree that waiting until the event starts will be too late.
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
  • JohnnySquareJohnnySquare
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    I'm afraid that having stat items purchasable would deter the remaining population on reboot that haven't already quit from getting [Removed]. Please reconsider this.

Moderator note: Please use appropriate language for this forum
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited May 2017
    As long as we can buy the boxes for mesos and not nx that would be great.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    re zero isnt only for reboot though, nx and mesos is fair enough for other servers and reboot
    edited May 2017
    whats the big deal, you cant project that the future of reboot is going to be p2w and that this event will defeat the purpose of reboot, when the event will only be this one time and no other event has been like that in reboot.
    edited May 2017
    whats the big deal, you cant project that the future of reboot is going to be p2w and that this event will defeat the purpose of reboot, when the event will only be this one time and no other event has been like that in reboot.

People fear the precedent that it would create for reboot.

Not enough details to project for the future of reboot though, that's making a grand assumption without any evidence
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Not enough details to project for the future of reboot though, that's making a grand assumption without any evidence

Not enough details?
    The moment you can buy power in Reboot, even if it's just one BiS equip, the entire premise of the server goes down the drain.
    No other event has been like this, it's true, but if the community accepts this one, you may be certain that there will be more like it.
    Tashiechaoscauser
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited May 2017
    I too have to agree that adding P2W on Reboot will be a complete mess I went to Reboot on the sole purpose of it NOT being P2W and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has. There are concerns about these medals being released on reboot in boxes that are purchasable. I hope this issue is addressed ASAP as the patch is next week we need some feedback about this
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Not enough details?
    The moment you can buy power in Reboot, even if it's just one BiS equip, the entire premise of the server goes down the drain.
    No other event has been like this, it's true, but if the community accepts this one, you may be certain that there will be more like it.

again, this re zero event is a one time thing like sword art online, nexon team has stuff like this planned way ahead in advanced, they should know why and what theyre doing. we cant speculate the future of an entire server based on an event that hasnt even began yet
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    again, this re zero event is a one time thing like sword art online, nexon team has stuff like this planned way ahead in advanced, they should know why and what theyre doing. we cant speculate the future of an entire server based on an event that hasnt even began yet

I beg to differ.
    Nexon don't always know what they're doing.
    Did you know that when Reboot was about to come out, Nexon planned to put meso sacks in its Cash Shop?
    Yes, buy meso for NX. Instead of grinding for it, just fork over some $$ and presto you have meso for however many cubes you can afford.
    The community got up in arms against the idea, and the plan was scrapped.
    But Nexon itself didn't see how absurd the idea was, until we told them. All they saw was a way to make money.

And it's the same with this event. We let them have this now, and then the next cash-based event will "naturally" run in Reboot too, and the next after that, and extra keys for Sengoku High, and why not Marvel Machine while we're at it?

No. It needs to stop before it begins.
    JettLuvsUAlexFTashieMicrosoftforumsareannoying
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

I beg to differ.
    Nexon don't always know what they're doing.
    Did you know that when Reboot was about to come out, Nexon planned to put meso sacks in its Cash Shop?
    Yes, buy meso for NX. Instead of grinding for it, just fork over some $$ and presto you have meso for however many cubes you can afford.
    The community got up in arms against the idea, and the plan was scrapped.
    But Nexon itself didn't see how absurd the idea was, until we told them. All they saw was a way to make money.

And it's the same with this event. We let them have this now, and then the next cash-based event will "naturally" run in Reboot too, and the next after that, and extra keys for Sengoku High, and why not Marvel Machine while we're at it?

No. It needs to stop before it begins.

the difference is, reboot is a server, re zero update is an event

having meso sacks for nx would defeat the purpose of the server, so i commend the community for raising awareness. as far as this coming event goes we have to wait to see