[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please keep P2W out of Reboot

Comments

• JeyooJeyoo
    Reactions: 930
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This is either pay to win or play to lose. 500mil is worth a lot of cubes/starforce attempts on tyrants. 500mil for a CHANCE to get something usable. That makes the 4k nx option look incredibly enticing. So you either fork out a ton of money or just spend countless hours meso farming (with a chance to get falsely banned in the case of some guild members).
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Looks to me like the decision has been made. And it's to sacrifice Reboot to Mammon.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Back when Reboot was about to come out and Nexon was going to put Random Meso Sacks in its Cash Shop,

The decision was made then too, we won that battle by not accepting their answer.

• sink123sink123
    Reactions: 865
    edited May 2017
    I don't ever comment on the forums, but thought it would be worth my time to support this thread. I agree with what everyone's said about the subject, and would like to offer what I believe should be the only alternatives.
    1. Keep the option to purchase the Re:ZERO boxes for NX on Reboot, but remove the medals from the boxes
    2. Remove the option to purchase the Re:ZERO boxes for NX on Reboot, and lower the meso cost of the box to 40m (to reflect the NX:meso ratio that has been used in the past)
    Bxxrt
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    To be clear I only personally have an issue with the 2 Medals.
  • BxxrtBxxrt
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    sink123 wrote: »
    1. Keep the option to purchase the Re:ZERO boxes for NX on Reboot, but remove the medals from the boxes
    2. Remove the option to purchase the Re:ZERO boxes for NX on Reboot, and lower the meso cost of the box to 40m (to reflect the NX:meso ratio that has been used in the past)

i agree with this. 500m per box is absolutely ridiculous

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Or they could lower the op medals to just 1 all stat
    They'd be good for just anviling too
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited May 2017
    sink123 wrote: »
    I don't ever comment on the forums, but thought it would be worth my time to support this thread. I agree with what everyone's said about the subject, and would like to offer what I believe should be the only alternatives.

I would agree with this as well if perm pendant slots were also removed for the first option
    WoodoPsu
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    People who dont play on reboot, looking from the outside in, always seem to think that "Just this once wont hurt" in terms of adding P2w things into reboot but fail to realize that the people that actually play the server want nothing to do with the normal server's shi**y "i can spend 1k$ in a day and get to the exact same point as someone who spent 6 months grinding out equipment and mesos to get to that point". Reboot players dont want the nx boxes to contain either of the medals or the perma pendant slot, and if they do we dont want the boxes at all. Whats so hard to understand about that?
    RollsSlinkySpyWoodoPsuCuzMeMicrosoftPissedOff
  • CuzMeCuzMe
    Reactions: 210
    edited May 2017
    Completely agree. This game already nearly died because of the ridiculous p2w standards of the Asian (specifically Korean in this case) market. Reboot is by far the most active community in GMS and should not be destroyed by p2w... The whole premise of Reboot is to not have NX advantages.
    WoodoPsu
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017
    Xeratetsu wrote: »
    People who dont play on reboot, looking from the outside in, always seem to think that "Just this once wont hurt" in terms of adding P2w things into reboot but fail to realize that the people that actually play the server want nothing to do with the normal server's shi**y "i can spend 1k$ in a day and get to the exact same point as someone who spent 6 months grinding out equipment and mesos to get to that point". Reboot players dont want the nx boxes to contain either of the medals or the perma pendant slot, and if they do we dont want the boxes at all. Whats so hard to understand about that?

I'll be honest, if it really were "just this once", I don't think it'd be too big a deal
    It'd be more efficient to spend 500m elsewhere anyway
    But since it's Nexon, they'll learn from this if there's no backlash and keep adding p2w aspects to Reboot, knowing that it'd work
    The community knows this, and nothing that'll ruin their experience so much will ever get past them
  • WoodoPsuWoodoPsu
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    Please nexon reconsider this decions: Remove the perm pendant slots and the medals from the nx boxes, let them be cosmetic items only. Also, 500m is a crazy amount of meso to ask per box. Should be much lower , like 1/10th that amount . X-X
  • n0Reasonn0Reason
    Reactions: 920
    edited May 2017
    First time logging into the forums just to call Nexon out on this. Cubes are 10m:1k meso:nx, why is it that it's suddenly 500m:4k? Either make it 40m, make other servers pay $50 per box, or leave it out entirely. I was seriously considering dumping a lot of money into the style boxes, but the 500m seems like such a spit in the face to the community, that it reminds me of all of the other ways I could spend my money that doesn't support companies that blatantly disregard the feelings of their consumers.
    Contrast
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    edited May 2017
    I'll be honest, if it really were "just this once", I don't think it'd be too big a deal
    But since it's Nexon, they'll learn from this if there's no backlash and keep adding p2w aspects to Reboot, knowing that it'd work
    The community knows this, and nothing that'll ruin their experience so much will ever get past them

I agree

Thats what i was saying, People who dont play in reboot and look at it from the outside either dont understand this concept or outright refuse to believe that doing this "just once" will result in nexon doing it again and again and again. Thus why it either needs to be change to fit in accordance with reboot, or just not be added in at all.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Thats what i was saying, People who dont play in reboot and look at it from the outside either dont understand this concept or outright refuse to believe that doing this "just once" will result in nexon doing it again and again and again.

Just once is too frequent for me, even if they did never do it again.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The box in general is overpriced for the pool of items it offers, and it's only one item per box. They're simply not worth it for the NX price either.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »

Thats what i was saying, People who dont play in reboot and look at it from the outside either dont understand this concept or outright refuse to believe that doing this "just once" will result in nexon doing it again and again and again.

They already did it not so long ago with mvp
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    xOtaku wrote: »

I was against that too.
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    edited May 2017

I was against that too.

Im pretty sure most of us were against that.
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017

I was against that too.

Im pretty sure most of us were against that.

With MVP, it was pretty minimal, 30 minute 30 att/matk (I think it was) buffs and 1.5x exp (which is pretty bad considering how common 2x coupons are now)
    So I can't say I really have an opinion on that
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    With MVP, it was pretty minimal, 30 minute 30 att/matk (I think it was) buffs and 1.5x exp (which is pretty bad considering how common 2x coupons are now)
    So I can't say I really have an opinion on that

Paying for an advantage, however minimal, goes against the entire purpose of reboot. just because a 30 att/matt buff and some 1.5x coupons are a small advantage, it still just that little difference that quite literally makes all the difference.