[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Finally a Crossover! Re:Zero Lets discuss

Comments

• QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2017
    Gee, thanks Nexon for saving me from dropping anymore money into this game. The original Re:Zero event in JMS did have rng based surprise boxes, but the thing is those boxes only contained the sponsored items and not the piles upon piles of worthless garbage. The cosmetics could also be directly purchased with nx like the original SAO event. It is disgusting how you people are artificially inflating the cost of getting anything in the crossover just to satisfy your own greed. With how the event is now, it would probably cost hundreds of dollars just to get everything in the Re:Zero crossover. The few Re:Zero outfits people do get from the event would fetch for billions of mesos, making it nearly impossible for anyone to even complete any sets unless they throw hundreds of dollars into the rng based boxes.
    PissedOff
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    Summarizing what I was expecting from the event:

-Re:Zero themed hair coupons would've been purchasable with 5k NX flat with the option to choose styles, similar to the SAO event with an account limit.
    -Re:Zero themed NX would've been purchasable with 4-8k NX flat, but will be untradable upon purchase
    -Re:Zero themed Surprise Style Boxes would be purchasable at a flat 4k per box rate with a guarantee chance at one of the Re:Zero exclusive items. The takeaway of buying boxes is that it gives the edge of tradability among players, just like the SAO/AoT event.

It's honestly BS that they decided to incorporate a 13/50 rate in the style boxes and a 1/6 rate for hair styles, especially considering that they've literally showcased the hair styles by USING the character-specific coupons in the livestream.
    PissedOff
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017

-Re:Zero themed hair coupons would've been purchasable with 5k NX flat with the option to choose styles, similar to the SAO event with an account limit.
    -Re:Zero themed NX would've been purchasable with 4-8k NX flat, but will be untradable upon purchase
    -Re:Zero themed Surprise Style Boxes would be purchasable at a flat 4k per box rate with a guarantee chance at one of the Re:Zero exclusive items. The takeaway of buying boxes is that it gives the edge of tradability among players, just like the SAO/AoT event.

It's honestly BS that they decided to incorporate a 13/50 rate in the style boxes and a 1/6 rate for hair styles, especially considering that they've literally showcased the hair styles by USING the character-specific coupons in the livestream.

I'm disappointed in that they're not selling at least some of the items separately like how they did it for Attack on Titan. It hurts using CAD due to it being lower than USD. Same with the hairstyles.

There has been no mention about the rest of the Re:Zero Event but it seems that it looks more like a huge money grab than an actual update with good quality content for free players.
    PissedOff
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017

I'm disappointed in that they're not selling at least some of the items separately like how they did it for Attack on Titan. It hurts using CAD due to it being lower than USD. Same with the hairstyles.

There has been no mention about the rest of the Re:Zero Event but it seems that it looks more like a huge money grab than an actual update with good quality content for free players.

buddy, based on what we already seen here, this ain't an event..
    this is more of a "buy our content" bullshet
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

We've only seen the Cash Shop update so far.

Hopefully tomorrow's Update Notes will have some actual content. (I admit I haven't watched the preview stream or any JMS videos about this).
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2017

That was how it was in when the event was running in JMS. The surprise boxes only contained Re:Zero themed items, not random garbage from premium surprise boxes or philosopher books. The cosmetic coupons were not rng based and could be directly purchased with nx like the SAO coupons.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I hope the event has minigames to get something free atleast.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited May 2017
    Based on what we saw from Arwoo's live Twitch stream, much of the event are similar to what has been done with our anniversary event (ie. slay X amount of monsters, or collect ## many trinkets). The only real difference is the questionnaire you get after running the errand. If you answer incorrectly, you must start over from Day 1.

Now, how are we suppose to answer these questions to proceed? Do we need to have watched the anime? Are the answers intuitive or counter-intuitive (recall how you were meant to think along the lines of Dr. Gelimer back in Black Heaven's "Temporal Wormhole" event)?
    DarkPassenger
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Based on what we saw from Arwoo's live Twitch stream, much of the event are similar to what has been done with our anniversary event (ie. slay X amount of monsters, or collect ## many trinkets). The only real difference is the questionnaire you get after running the errand. If you answer incorrectly, you must start over from Day 1.

Now, how are we suppose to answer these questions to proceed? Do we need to have watched the anime? Are the answers intuitive or counter-intuitive (recall how you were meant to think along the lines of Dr. Gelimer back in Black Heaven's "Temporal Wormhole" event)?

so are these medals going to be an award for answering the questions?
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    scholar624 wrote: »

so are these medals going to be an award for answering the questions?

there will be some titles as awards, but not the best 2 medals from the event. those are only form the random boxes in cs
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Another pay to win event. It's even worse this time since they're going to make Reboot pay2win now
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    OK, this is intolerable.

The boxes are different between Reboot and non-Reboot, but the medals are available in both?
    Seriously?
    You think letting Reboot pay for the mounts is too much, but you'll let them pay for Best-in-Slot medals?

@Arwoo , you must get that changed, before the patch tomorrow.
    CM Artasi helped us stop Cash Shop Meso Sacks being available in Reboot (back when it was released). You, too, can save Reboot from becoming Pay2Win. Do it!

Having the medals in the boxes are fine so long as they lower the meso price; or fix it if it was a typo, and remove the NX option on reboot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    OK, this is intolerable.

The boxes are different between Reboot and non-Reboot, but the medals are available in both?
    Seriously?
    You think letting Reboot pay for the mounts is too much, but you'll let them pay for Best-in-Slot medals?

@Arwoo , you must get that changed, before the patch tomorrow.
    CM Artasi helped us stop Cash Shop Meso Sacks being available in Reboot (back when it was released). You, too, can save Reboot from becoming Pay2Win. Do it!

Having the medals in the boxes are fine so long as they lower the meso price; or fix it if it was a typo, and remove the NX option on reboot

I was only talking about selling the boxes (with the medals in them) for NX. That is, as I wrote, intolerable.

The meso price, while ridiculously high, doesn't break any principles.
    link37890
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited May 2017
    "Male Hairstyles are available for Crusch Hair , Subaru Hair, and Rem Hair. Female Hairstyles are available for Ram Hair, Emilia Hair, and Felix Hair. Stay tuned for the next Royal Styles update when these hairstyles will be available for the opposite gender."

FYI, rem and crusch are FEMALE. also with so many transgender event things like this, it really makes me wonder why gay marriage ain't allowed, but thats another topic

main point: REM AND CRUSCH ARE GIRLS DAMMIT
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017

We've only seen the Cash Shop update so far.

Hopefully tomorrow's Update Notes will have some actual content. (I admit I haven't watched the preview stream or any JMS videos about this).

Since the Update Notes are out. The Re:Zero Gift Boxes already seem disappointing. 30 Day Flower Accessory, eh. If the titles do not give any stats whatsoever, I'll be keeping my statement as of previously: it looks more like a huge money grab than an actual update with good quality content for free players.

However if the titles provide some decent permanent stats or if any details were missed in the Update Notes... that may change things.

---
    Quilava wrote: »
    That was how it was in when the event was running in JMS. The surprise boxes only contained Re:Zero themed items, not random garbage from premium surprise boxes or philosopher books. The cosmetic coupons were not rng based and could be directly purchased with nx like the SAO coupons.

Wow that is REALLY disappointing. Making it more RNG based to not obtain Re:Zero items. Putting the hairs into Royals instead of direct purchase coupon form. This is why I do not buy so much NX, there's just way too much luck involved.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    I think we need to make topics on their garbage, as opposed to just complaining here. They'll see this, and think 'hey, they're just discussing, let's not read it lol'.
    I despise the fact that the NX items are not just a gamble, but are like one of those quarter machine prizes with the 'other items included' sticker. I don't care if there's only 50 items this time, and that the other items are 'desireable', the items for Re:Zero are bound to be rare by default, and no one will be willing to sell them now for cheaper because they can go up in value. >_<;. This is supposed to be a special patch like the Attack on Titan one where we are supposed to easily be able to obtain items based on a certain anime series. Not gamble for a dismal chance at even getting ONE of them. 13/50 is bad as it is, but watch, the Re:Zero outfits are like 1% odds. It was supposed to be a box with JUST RE:ZERO ITEMS IN IT. Not random NORMAL NX items. This is a one time chance to get these, and they made them impossible to get.
    The hairs aren't much better, but hey, at least those are 3/6 to get one of the special ones. The clothing items are unacceptable. I hope Nexon lowers the prices, or changes the box next week or something, or offers packages or SOMETHING that makes these items possible to get, because this is a new low. This, combined with the random box that costs more than a Marvel Machine spin and gives less items makes this the WORST sponsor EVER, and even worse, the free part gives kind of junky items. If that android dungeon didn't exist, I would call this the worst patch next to all the nerf patches. The cash part is the highest level of BS I've EVER seen from Nexon. UGH.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Well, reboot cant be p2w now if theres no medals. Isnt that what you guys wanted?
  • CynicalReinCynicalRein
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    Considering how this crossover event is set up, I guess most of us won't be spending to gamble :3 1/4 chance to get perm nx related to the event at over 3 dollars a pop sounds like a rigged carnival game. I would rather they sell entire outfit+hair sets for 20k a pop.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    "Male Hairstyles are available for Crusch Hair , Subaru Hair, and Rem Hair. Female Hairstyles are available for Ram Hair, Emilia Hair, and Felix Hair. Stay tuned for the next Royal Styles update when these hairstyles will be available for the opposite gender."

FYI, rem and crusch are FEMALE. also with so many transgender event things like this, it really makes me wonder why gay marriage ain't allowed, but thats another topic

main point: REM AND CRUSCH ARE GIRLS DAMMIT

Yes, and the next Royal update will have their hairstyles available for females.

Would have been nicer if all six styles were available at once for both genders, but then how would Nexon get people to keep rerolling?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    Quilava wrote: »
    Gee, thanks Nexon for saving me from dropping anymore money into this game. The original Re:Zero event in JMS did have rng based surprise boxes, but the thing is those boxes only contained the sponsored items and not the piles upon piles of worthless garbage. The cosmetics could also be directly purchased with nx like the original SAO event. It is disgusting how you people are artificially inflating the cost of getting anything in the crossover just to satisfy your own greed. With how the event is now, it would probably cost hundreds of dollars just to get everything in the Re:Zero crossover. The few Re:Zero outfits people do get from the event would fetch for billions of mesos, making it nearly impossible for anyone to even complete any sets unless they throw hundreds of dollars into the rng based boxes.

did they really only have the sponsored items? i was looking for the list that they had been referring to in this post down where it says "※ランダム型アイテムにつきましては、こちらをご確認ください。" but could only find their current list of surprise style options, also no where on that page did it mention being able to buy all the cosmetics directly. I also didnt see those options on the JMS extractions. so I really would like to know your source, I'd like to know to keep myself informed.