[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

• SwordofShieldsSwordofShields
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2017
    I'm pretty thankful for all these crappy events, haven't had to log in since March. I never meant to quit but I guess I was eased into it.
    forumsareannoying
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited May 2017
    Temptation wrote: »
    I want to see Nexon competent staff completing this jump quest on stream.

YES TO THIS !
  • TriforceTriforce
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    This should help, it's not that bad honestly...

Thanks Sorrow, your video really helped me out ( literally, it helped me get out of there). I was stuck in there for 15 hrs +(lol!) and was about to give up. I know people are unhappy about the difficulty, but it's amazing when you manage to get the timing correct and learn how to utilise the android properly. <- I hope no one takes this as an insult because I know everyone's trying really hard.

I also agree with everyone suggesting checkpoints.
  • Lilac_LiliesLilac_Lilies
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2017
    @sorrow omg thanks for posting that video, it really helped me as well. That jump quest was such a pain! I enjoy a challenge but I agree with everyone saying they should have put in check points. Heroes of maple had them so why can't this? Lol
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2017
    I tried this for 8 straight hours. I am done. videos don't help,telling me to practice like i haven't been trying is just an insult. Almost as insulting as this event, too bad, really wanted an android
    deadend5193SanctityPissedOffMaplersthatplant
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    Drymus wrote: »
    And the fact that only Wondroid Androids can use the event hearts is just adding insult to injury.

THIS

These androids are useless without a shop function, don't care how pretty they are.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited May 2017
    Triforce wrote: »
    I was stuck in there for 15 hrs +(lol!) and was about to give up.

Does no one see anything wrong with this? There's something seriously wrong with your content if it's forcing players to stay logged on for that long trying to complete it and fearing progress loss.
    camra94Agent_DragonfuryTriforcedeadend5193SanctitythatplantIts2Sharp4UPissedOffMaplers
  • TriforceTriforce
    edited May 2017
    I was stuck in there for 15 hrs +(lol!) and was about to give up.

Does no one see anything wrong with this? There's something seriously wrong with your content if it's forcing players to stay logged on for that long trying to complete it and fearing progress loss.

Well, maybe not 15hrs+straight (total). I gave up for the night and slept, then went back at it in the morning. I agree completely though. I stayed on so long because I was afraid of losing progress...then in the morning I had to miss out on dailies/boss runs with my guild. You do feel forced to continue because of fear - if you leave or want a break you lose your progress, you must stay inside without leaving which makes it extremely time consuming and then the chance of dcing...sigh.

camra94Sanctitythatplant
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    I am honestly just praying some Perm Lidium hearts or something will come up soon...since I play Reboot and atm this is the only way to get a heart...(and this is not worth the loss of sanity)
    camra94Agent_DragonfuryTriforceShadEightMaplersthatplant
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2017
    Well, maybe not 15hrs+straight (total). I gave up for the night and slept, then went back at it in the morning. I agree completely though. I stayed on so long because I was afraid of losing progress...then in the morning I had to miss out on dailies/boss runs with my guild. You do feel somewhat forced to continue because of fear :/

Honestly I don't blame that you stayed for so long. I promised myself i was going to finish the jump quest. I had all the steps down but I had a lot of problems.
    my guild leader was going to work when I started, when he got back from his full time job I gave up, nope
    Agent_DragonfuryTriforce
  • TriforceTriforce
    edited May 2017
    camra94 wrote: »
    Well, maybe not 15hrs+straight (total). I gave up for the night and slept, then went back at it in the morning. I agree completely though. I stayed on so long because I was afraid of losing progress...then in the morning I had to miss out on dailies/boss runs with my guild. You do feel somewhat forced to continue because of fear :/

Honestly I don't blame that you stayed for so long. I promised myself i was going to finish the jump quest. I had all the steps down but I had a lot of problems.
    my guild leader was going to work when I started, when he got back from his full time job I gave up, nope

Yeah I understand your frustration. It's disheartening when you try so hard only to restart again and again. :'( I'm happy I finished it but I'd be even happier if my friends could too. They gave up for the same reasons you and many others posted.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I can't get any better at it because I have ONE chance to ace a new part of the stage. One mistake, and I have to go all the way to the beginning. By the time I get back, I've lost any experience on the new part.
    This was originally TMS content, from what I've seen. Either the taiwanese are sadomasochists or have superhuman patience/precision.

Overall, I say forget this event. Let the 'roids die. Sentient AI is too dangerous, anyway.
    WatcherCCG
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    I can't get any better at it because I have ONE chance to ace a new part of the stage. One mistake, and I have to go all the way to the beginning. By the time I get back, I've lost any experience on the new part.
    This was originally TMS content, from what I've seen. Either the taiwanese are sadomasochists or have superhuman patience/precision.

They must be wizards to be able to do the JQ like that...-sigh-
  • SharinganOwnerSharinganOwner
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2017
    so bs, the event is waaaay too hard, and too many glitches.
    I fell through the floor in b3 6 times in a row, and when that happends, you need to restart the whole thing
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    You all think it is hard now wait till the JQ changes for the other roids... second wondroid has nothing but pit falls of death :D

(seriously who even made this must have had a hard on for JQ's and pain!}
    WatcherCCG
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    I actually quite like this event, I relish the challenge.

Though it's pretty dumb to hold event prizes to ransom over a difficult jump quest.
  • ShinewindShinewind
    Reactions: 470
    edited May 2017
    Well, I gave it another shot. I figured it was my being fairly new to jump quests and practice would be enough to get through at least the first part of this event.

I spent 3 hours straight, probably 40 mins on B4 and the remaining on B3-B1 with the majority on B1.

I can say fairly confidently now that I don't think I'll be able to do this quest and therefore this event is basically non existent for me.

I might give it a try later but I can't deal with how stressful it is to do right now.

• KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017
    Only point I'll make:

This is why doing marvel and spending the money to get an outlaw heart and battleroid is an easier option overall.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2017
    Hard isn't the worst part. It's extremely buggy! It's been driving me insane! For example have over half of the runs on the 4th map where the elevator doesn't drop forcing me to kill myself and hope the next time the elevator drop, BUT the worst case was the final map running away from the security guards on the last map to reach the final portal and it teleports you to the WRONG map! And only left with this error.
    8c54fa4e5d.png

Ugh.. Someone END me!
  • ReqizaReqiza
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    It took the world's 2nd best player (ZeroByDivide) 4 hrs and 21 minutes to complete it. I have already given up after being bugged and not being able to attack or use the skills after throwing my android that is "stopped" along with it falling through the floors. Rip my 2 hours attempt and my soul.