[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

• TooFab4UTooFab4U
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »

Go to 3:29mins, that's the trick. You chose a place to focus on, you analyse when the laser will turn off at that place and then you go to that place and stand still.
    And then at the moment the laser turns off, you walk and gg.

Completely ignored the point. Lasers are poorly rendered and therefore difficult to read. Same with the steam and their hitboxes. I've already done the JQ twice, but it doesn't mean these aren't problems.
    Also, a JQ shouldn't have to require a tutorial to finish it in an appropriate amount of time.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    You do realize that the android breakdowns and accidents are necessary right? You have to discover them all at least once and then that's it

It won't happen again after that and you also get aspire coins for encountering them

Necessary in what way? How could being forced to restart a whole level be "necessary"? If they wanted to use this, they could just as easily make popups and NOT have you restart a whole level. They could make you punch in a combo of keyboard keys and fix them on the spot so you could go on your merry way. Or you could CHOOSE whether to engage in a breakdown. Or you could get a "fun fact: android breakdowns" the first time you complete a level. The ways they could do this better is limitless.

The same incident may not happen again, but there are others hidden in places you don't expect and they pop up when you wouldn't expect it and you don't even know how many of these incidents you'll encounter so yeah, I'd say that even if you don't get the same thing happening again, it might as well be happening over and over again because they have the same result.

All I'm saying is its necessary to continue the rescue mission

I know its messed up on how they did it and could be done better
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    TooFab4U wrote: »

Go to 3:29mins, that's the trick. You chose a place to focus on, you analyse when the laser will turn off at that place and then you go to that place and stand still.
    And then at the moment the laser turns off, you walk and gg.

Completely ignored the point. Lasers are poorly rendered and therefore difficult to read. Same with the steam and their hitboxes. I've already done the JQ twice, but it doesn't mean these aren't problems.
    Also, a JQ shouldn't have to require a tutorial to finish it in an appropriate amount of time.

I didn't have any problem at all with lasers after using that trick. And my ping isn't even the best, since I play from Brazil.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited May 2017
    You do realize that the android breakdowns and accidents are necessary right? You have to discover them all at least once and then that's it

It won't happen again after that and you also get aspire coins for encountering them

Necessary in what way? How could being forced to restart a whole level be "necessary"? If they wanted to use this, they could just as easily make popups and NOT have you restart a whole level. They could make you punch in a combo of keyboard keys and fix them on the spot so you could go on your merry way. Or you could CHOOSE whether to engage in a breakdown. Or you could get a "fun fact: android breakdowns" the first time you complete a level. The ways they could do this better is limitless.

The same incident may not happen again, but there are others hidden in places you don't expect and they pop up when you wouldn't expect it and you don't even know how many of these incidents you'll encounter so yeah, I'd say that even if you don't get the same thing happening again, it might as well be happening over and over again because they have the same result.

I don't understand what you mean by "its necessary to continue the rescue mission" because if you're being sent back to the level's beginning, that is the opposite of progress. That is a setback. I don't know how far along you are with this JQ. Maybe you know something I don't where getting all these incidents are vital somehow in the progress of the overall plot-thing, but the main thing is that restarting IS unnecessary if they could do this better, as you've just said.
  • TooFab4UTooFab4U
    edited May 2017
    I didn't have any problem at all with lasers after using that trick. And my ping isn't even the best, since I play from Brazil.

Ping doesn't matter for this jump quest, nothing is influenced by lag apart from killing the mobs slightly quicker.

What i'm saying is that the steam has little clarity on what their specific hitbox is, and when it disappears. For instance, you can be slightly touching the steam as it fires downward and it won't hit. Even though you really should have been. The steam also fades very ambiguously, meaning that it's not 100% clear when it's safe to move. (This is especially an issue when trying to jump through the conveyor belt, although this isn't actually the intended route I guess.)
    For the laser, the large lasers clearly show that it fires and fades down in parts. To make it clearer to see when you'd be hit, it should instantly fire or disappear, removing the ambiguity which people may struggle with.

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

I don't understand what you mean by "its necessary to continue the rescue mission" because if you're being sent back to the level's beginning, that is the opposite of progress. That is a setback. I don't know how far along you are with this JQ. Maybe you know something I don't where getting all these incidents are vital somehow in the progress of the overall plot-thing, but the main thing is that restarting IS unnecessary if they could do this better, as you've just said.

The way they made it, its inevitable and you have to encounter these and restart to continue and finish the rescue

Also i finished it, it was hell but i can honestly say that the accidents are the least most concerning thing in this whole JQ

I had to redo B4 and F1 once because of the accidents, but i had to redo B1 liek 100 damn times to finish the rescue

• WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited May 2017
    Oddly enough I liked the breakdown events. Yes, they're abrupt and slightly BS, but they actually give the androids character and are darkly amusing in a Dark Souls sort of sense. And they would otherwise be relatively easy not to repeat... were it not for the myriad of other problems with this JQ. The breakdowns are minor compared to the glitchy nature of the map hazards and the RNG of mob movements, and especially compared to the extremely tight movement required.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited May 2017
    WatcherCCG wrote: »
    Oddly enough I liked the breakdown events. Yes, they're abrupt and slightly BS, but they actually give the androids character and are darkly amusing in a Dark Souls sort of sense. And they would otherwise be relatively easy not to repeat... were it not for the myriad of other problems with this JQ. The breakdowns are minor compared to the glitchy nature of the map hazards and the RNG of mob movements, and especially compared to the extremely tight movement required.

Yeah, I found those amusing.
    WatcherCCGGargula
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited May 2017

The way they made it, its inevitable and you have to encounter these and restart to continue and finish the rescue

Also i finished it, it was hell but i can honestly say that the accidents are the least most concerning thing in this whole JQ

I had to redo B4 and F1 once because of the accidents, but i had to redo B1 liek 100 damn times to finish the rescue

Maybe it's minor but all I'm arguing here is that restarting people when you encounter an incident is unnecessary. Maybe I'd find these things more amusing if it weren't in the context of having to do one big frustrating JQ as opposed to sections of a big JQ. As it is, every drop of progress lost already makes me want to flip. On top of everything else, it makes this intolerable.
    WatcherCCG
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    edited May 2017
    On this I agree with you, Kumo. The bits of difficulty that would normally make this whole thing fun are soured by all of the gross flaws that have made this event such a hotbed of anger.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited May 2017

I agree with you on this, the reset was unnecessary for these simple but amusing things. Even with help from these "Guides" it took me 12+ hours to clear all four floors. b4-b2 took 1-2 hours while the rest of the time was in b1. But the reset for something out of your power like at the end of b4 or the box in b1, like really?
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    And here me thinking Re-Zero held the record for "Fastest Loss of Interest" ever in Maple due to it's "comedy" deaths, at least that took 4 quests (or about 2 days) before I gave up on it. Here I get to this JQ, repeat it more than 20 times (I said 10 before but I was underplaying my losses) and my interest in the whole event flies out the window within 2 hours. Things like these are some of the factors that make player rates drop in MMO's and Nexon fails to understand why, I will retry tomorrow to give the benefit of the doubt, but if the same spiel repeats then, i'm taking another monthly break from the game.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Trying to do Rhea....-extreme profanity noises-
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    edited May 2017
    I think it's very safe to say that the JQ is ruining what would have otherwise been an amazing event for most players. It has storyline, memorable characters, great collectable loot... and it's gated behind one of the most hated features of this game. Colossal mistake.
    PetalmagicTheOutlanderGargulaxNailKaiserthatplantSanctityPirateIzzyMaplersRollsMageOfBattles
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017

I think many people struggle understanding how it's still done, especially for moving lasers.

The biggest trick I can give is that people for the moving lasers is during the phase where in many guides and game-plays where people have successfully passed it, walk through the laser as it turns off.

If someone tries to walk through the laser when it is off there won't be enough time, and it'll turn on and kill the player.

If someone watches the laser rotations they should be able to tell that during one of the 3 rotations that there is a gap on one of the sides during movement which gives enough space for the player to walk through.

But of course, I need to mention that there is little to no room for error. B1 is a lot harder than the last 3 floors.
    Maybe it's minor but all I'm arguing here is that restarting people when you encounter an incident is unnecessary. Maybe I'd find these things more amusing if it weren't in the context of having to do one big frustrating JQ as opposed to sections of a big JQ. As it is, every drop of progress lost already makes me want to flip. On top of everything else, it makes this intolerable.

I agree. It's dumb.
    And here me thinking Re-Zero held the record for "Fastest Loss of Interest" ever in Maple due to it's "comedy" deaths, at least that took 4 quests (or about 2 days) before I gave up on it. Here I get to this JQ, repeat it more than 20 times (I said 10 before but I was underplaying my losses) and my interest in the whole event flies out the window within 2 hours. Things like these are some of the factors that make player rates drop in MMO's and Nexon fails to understand why, I will retry tomorrow to give the benefit of the doubt, but if the same spiel repeats then, i'm taking another monthly break from the game.

The problem with Re:Zero is that it didn't provide any unique content or unique rewards. It was a massive cash grab for both Re:Zero Surprise Style Boxes and Re:Zero Random Boxes. Not to mention the rates of the boxes were horrendous.

The problem with Mechanical Hearts Wonderoid Event is the fact it is too hard for a mass majority of players. Not everyone has the time to invest in practice of 6-12 hours just to beat 1 floor out of the whole event, and that they have to do it again for each individual Wonderoid until they get the one they want, or the medal.

I do realize that there are people to the exception who are able to beat it. But the way the current event is right now is that it benefits only those people.

I believe that events should be made in order for players to enjoy the playthrough and obtain unique rewards. It shouldn't be this much of a hassle.

In order to make the Mechanical Hearts Wonderoid Event better aside from bugs is to make the traps either:
    • Have more room for error by making trap active less than originally.
    • Make traps deal less damage so if a player does get damaged they don't instantly die.

Many people may have said this before me, but I want to re-iterate those points because I also support what they have said and I wish to put those into my own words.
    MaplersShadowParadoxWatcherCCGcamra94
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Honestly I would have enjoyed the event if it was like a storyline quest thing and with cutscenes and stuff or where you need to get drops that get atleast a wondroid for FREE.
    Nexon should honestly know after 10 years that we find JQ disgusting and evil.
    WatcherCCGSanctity
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017

I think many people struggle understanding how it's still done, especially for moving lasers.

The biggest trick I can give is that people for the moving lasers is during the phase where in many guides and game-plays where people have successfully passed it, walk through the laser as it turns off.

If someone tries to walk through the laser when it is off there won't be enough time, and it'll turn on and kill the player.

If someone watches the laser rotations they should be able to tell that during one of the 3 rotations that there is a gap on one of the sides during movement which gives enough space for the player to walk through.

But of course, I need to mention that there is little to no room for error. B1 is a lot harder than the last 3 floors.

I agree. It's dumb.

The problem with Re:Zero is that it didn't provide any unique content or unique rewards. It was a massive cash grab for both Re:Zero Surprise Style Boxes and Re:Zero Random Boxes. Not to mention the rates of the boxes were horrendous.

The problem with Mechanical Hearts Wonderoid Event is the fact it is too hard for a mass majority of players. Not everyone has the time to invest in practice of 6-12 hours just to beat 1 floor out of the whole event, and that they have to do it again for each individual Wonderoid until they get the one they want, or the medal.

I do realize that there are people to the exception who are able to beat it. But the way the current event is right now is that it benefits only those people.

I believe that events should be made in order for players to enjoy the playthrough and obtain unique rewards. It shouldn't be this much of a hassle.

In order to make the Mechanical Hearts Wonderoid Event better aside from bugs is to make the traps either:
    • Have more room for error by making trap active less than originally.
    • Make traps deal less damage so if a player does get damaged they don't instantly die.

Many people may have said this before me, but I want to re-iterate those points because I also support what they have said and I wish to put those into my own words.

Can I add that the 700 coin outfits expire and that makes me kinda annoyed.
    Its2Sharp4UGargula
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Honestly I would have enjoyed the event if it was like a storyline quest thing and with cutscenes and stuff or where you need to get drops that get atleast a wondroid for FREE.
    Nexon should honestly know after 10 years that we find JQ disgusting and evil.

Agreed, you know they did this before with the Masteria: Through Time event, it was a blockbuster event that was pretty fun to play through and they gave you an android in the end based on your choices. Why is it so difficult to do that now.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Can I add that the 700 coin outfits expire and that makes me kinda annoyed.

A permanent option for those outfits would be great.
  • YuunaChanYuunaChan
    edited May 2017
    The JQ is really hard. I tried about 50 tries and I still can't complete B4 because of the annoying lasers they have