[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    btw for the check in (incase you haven't check the wonderoid page) you only have to attempt and die.

So basically take a flying leap into one of the death holes in B4.
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    i wonder how many people have smashed their pc's trying to complete this.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Took about an hour each of the 3 days attempting the basic rescue in b1. Then I decided I wanted more pain and suffering and went back in for the android I wanted. It took 4 hours of discovering all the possible bugs that'll block you for no reason but to cause a hole in your door.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Zqribble wrote: »
    Well I finally got the bulk of the Wonderoid content out of the way. Surprising, considering how grueling it was. The wondroids and other shop items. are pretty cool but as many have stated, the rewards don't seem to reflect the effort needed to be put into this event. Dang. If it's any incentive to anyone, there's a 1000 coin reward for rescuing all 8 wondroids and finishing the questline after defeating the Scion. :/

Also, for those who didn't already know, there does seem to be permanent versions of the wondroid outfits. Though they are acquired through premium surprise style boxes. Which is still a shame. I just wanted it in shop. -_-

...-loses my mind- JUST GIVE US THE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS NEXON, I'm not buying yo RNG boxes! Maybe some of these folks will do the same...

Wait they're in the cash shop? Are they at least wondroid specific like the heroes of maple outfits or are there worthless items in there too? I tried to look for them but I couldn't find them.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    Wait they're in the cash shop? Are they at least wondroid specific like the heroes of maple outfits or are there worthless items in there too? I tried to look for them but I couldn't find them.

There is a chance to obtain Wonderoid Cosmetics from Premium Surprise Style Boxes.
    Check out some of the most recent additions to the Premium Surprise Style Box.

Kat's Magic Kit, Aster's Bon Bon Ribbon, Sarim's Midnight Show, Apollo's Steampunk Look, Jax's Sonata Tuxedo, Anastasia's Royal Serenade, Roxxy's Full Moon Rhapsody, Rhea's Classical Dream...

Source: Cash Shop Update for June 7
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

There is a chance to obtain Wonderoid Cosmetics from Premium Surprise Style Boxes.

Kat's Magic Kit, Aster's Bon Bon Ribbon, Sarim's Midnight Show, Apollo's Steampunk Look, Jax's Sonata Tuxedo, Anastasia's Royal Serenade, Roxxy's Full Moon Rhapsody, Rhea's Classical Dream...

You're kidding. Why would they do this when they know people want permanent versions of these outfits? I know they want to make money, but to tease us with the chance to get them is upsetting. They could have at least made a wondroid surprise style box separate from the others like heroes of maple so at least then the chances of getting what you want is greatly increased, or even just replace the 30 day ones with the perm versions, but I guess that option wasn't viable from an income standpoint. This is kind of almost like the whole frenzy totem fiasco all over again.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017

You're kidding. Why would they do this when they know people want permanent versions of these outfits? I know they want to make money, but to tease us with the chance to get them is upsetting. They could have at least made a wondroid surprise style box separate from the others like heroes of maple so at least then the chances of getting what you want is greatly increased, or even just replace the 30 day ones with the perm versions, but I guess that option wasn't viable from an income standpoint. This is kind of almost like the whole frenzy totem fiasco all over again.

I can probably copy-paste a similar argument I just made in another thread:
    I always find it amusing that Nexon always punishes the players from getting additional rewards if the rates are too high, but when it doesn't benefit the player or when the rates are too low Nexon does nothing about it.

Looking back at recent issues such as Bonus Potential, Nebulites, Commerci Voyages & Sweetwater, Flying Potion Lock Monsters, Star Planet, Mechanical Hearts, and Dragon Boat Festival are just some examples of this. It's disgusting and sad to see that we legitimate players are being punished for the reasons of hackers or because of ignorance and greed.

GMS may be less pay-to-win altogether in comparison towards KMS. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't change anything. If anything, change is mandatory if GMS ever wants to have a bigger, brighter future. We need action to make changes, not just consideration and discussion.

Nevertheless, I think many of us are disappointed in Nexon's decisions and actions again, again, and again.
    PetalmagicxKiiChanWatcherCCG
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Alright! After 3 days, I have finally obtained the Kat-roid I wanted. I'm having fun with this jump quest, but man do I think it was stupid to limit it to jump quests. You should be able to obtain them in other ways too.
    WatcherCCGJettLuvsUxKiiChanfoussiremixIts2Sharp4U
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    When you finally clear B1 and the lobby escape but the game crashes before you talk to Spencer forcing you to restart all the way from the beginning :D :D :D :D

edit: Ok now that I've completed it again I'll share the strat I used: First teleport Aster to the bottom of the conveyor belt as far as you can, then go back and take the top path through the lasers, then after you clear the rope jump part you can drop down and take the tunnel thing to get below the conveyor belt yourself, you can make it to the left from the tiny ladder if you do a jump from about as high as you can go on the ladder after you get Aster following again, and then you're basically home free. It takes some setup but It's still a thousand times easier than hopping back through the steam or taking the top route.

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2017
    what are the requirements to purchase the 120 necklace? I have saved one wonderoid and it tells me that i have not met the requirement when i try to use my coins to get it. I can get the belt and the shoulder but the necklace and the badge say no. Anyone know why?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    what are the requirements to purchase the 120 necklace? I have saved one wonderoid and it tells me that i have not met the requirement when i try to use my coins to get it. I can get the belt and the shoulder but the necklace and the badge say no. Anyone know why?

There are a certain amount of rescues required before being able to buy certain items:
    bF0CnI7.png
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2017
    Well i have rescued 4 androids but they were on different characters lol.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited June 2017
    the jump quest is way to hard and it was a very stupid decision to make it required in order to participate in the rest of the event/coin collection.(investigation,etc)