[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Changes to Drop Rate Formula Confirmation

Comments

  • SneakyWeavilezSneakyWeavilez
    Reactions: 245
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited August 2017
    hayman wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    l
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

    Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

    The way it's worded makes it sounds like hurray for unfounded right? See kms already got this patch and kms players already tested this even the lowest funded players will feel the effects.

    If you want the bigger picture see most funded players already finished their node work and are well over 540 AF, most are working on perfecting their umbra weapons, so who does this really hurt?

    i feel like these funded players who already acquired maxed out their nodes and have a respectable amount of Arcane Force, already climbed a mountain and now Nexon is causing an avalanche to kill the rest of us.

    If the mountaineers represent people players who have drop rate gear, the people affected will be those who have invested a lot into drop rate equipment (similar to how people climbing the mountain will be affected by the avalanche.) The players unaffected are people without any form of drop rate enhancements or had already completed their grinds for nodes, symbols and droplets. I really cannot see any bright side to this change coming to GMS.

    If you have no drop rate gear, things will be better since the base drop rate of nodes will get a boost.

    I personally only have 100% drop rate (5 items) so it'd just balance out. Not everyone is funded but I certainly understand their reasoning

    I still think a lot of unfunded still struggle to fund from this. I also think more people will suffer than people will gain from this overall. I was going to farm cubes and help cube for my friends and unfunded players in the guild. I guess its not going to happen any more.

    it's only a nerf if you have an excess amount. If you have less than 200, it wont be much of a difference. Less is more to put it simple.

    you realize this change is already through in kms and has been for the pass 6 months right? It does make a difference regardless of what drop% you have. Especially if you have more.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Let's "decrease the gap" between level 100s and level 200s too, why don't we? That'll make it more balanced and fair, right?

    implying this statement makes any sense.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2017
    hayman wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    l
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

    Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

    The way it's worded makes it sounds like hurray for unfounded right? See kms already got this patch and kms players already tested this even the lowest funded players will feel the effects.

    If you want the bigger picture see most funded players already finished their node work and are well over 540 AF, most are working on perfecting their umbra weapons, so who does this really hurt?

    i feel like these funded players who already acquired maxed out their nodes and have a respectable amount of Arcane Force, already climbed a mountain and now Nexon is causing an avalanche to kill the rest of us.

    If the mountaineers represent people players who have drop rate gear, the people affected will be those who have invested a lot into drop rate equipment (similar to how people climbing the mountain will be affected by the avalanche.) The players unaffected are people without any form of drop rate enhancements or had already completed their grinds for nodes, symbols and droplets. I really cannot see any bright side to this change coming to GMS.

    If you have no drop rate gear, things will be better since the base drop rate of nodes will get a boost.

    I personally only have 100% drop rate (5 items) so it'd just balance out. Not everyone is funded but I certainly understand their reasoning

    I still think a lot of unfunded still struggle to fund from this. I also think more people will suffer than people will gain from this overall. I was going to farm cubes and help cube for my friends and unfunded players in the guild. I guess its not going to happen any more.

    it's only a nerf if you have an excess amount. If you have less than 200, it wont be much of a difference. Less is more to put it simple.

    you realize this change is already through in kms and has been for the pass 6 months right? It does make a difference regardless of what drop% you have. Especially if you have more.

    Yes, I am aware. Im not a new player. Neo said though that if it only affects the equipment, the spider and other drop modifiers wont be affected by the changes.
  • SneakyWeavilezSneakyWeavilez
    Reactions: 245
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited August 2017
    hayman wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    l
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

    Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

    The way it's worded makes it sounds like hurray for unfounded right? See kms already got this patch and kms players already tested this even the lowest funded players will feel the effects.

    If you want the bigger picture see most funded players already finished their node work and are well over 540 AF, most are working on perfecting their umbra weapons, so who does this really hurt?

    i feel like these funded players who already acquired maxed out their nodes and have a respectable amount of Arcane Force, already climbed a mountain and now Nexon is causing an avalanche to kill the rest of us.

    If the mountaineers represent people players who have drop rate gear, the people affected will be those who have invested a lot into drop rate equipment (similar to how people climbing the mountain will be affected by the avalanche.) The players unaffected are people without any form of drop rate enhancements or had already completed their grinds for nodes, symbols and droplets. I really cannot see any bright side to this change coming to GMS.

    If you have no drop rate gear, things will be better since the base drop rate of nodes will get a boost.

    I personally only have 100% drop rate (5 items) so it'd just balance out. Not everyone is funded but I certainly understand their reasoning

    I still think a lot of unfunded still struggle to fund from this. I also think more people will suffer than people will gain from this overall. I was going to farm cubes and help cube for my friends and unfunded players in the guild. I guess its not going to happen any more.

    it's only a nerf if you have an excess amount. If you have less than 200, it wont be much of a difference. Less is more to put it simple.

    you realize this change is already through in kms and has been for the pass 6 months right? It does make a difference regardless of what drop% you have. Especially if you have more.

    Yes, I am aware. Im not a new player. Neo said though that if it only affects the equipment, the spider and other drop modifiers wont be affected by the changes.

    Well hes wrong. And you also completely ignored my point.
    LilyflowerPirateIzzydarikRollsLeFrenchie
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Posts: 28
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    If it's the same change as KMS then all drop rate sources are no longer multiplicative with each other and the nerf affects the drop rate on some event and quest items as well.

    Does that include boxes and those already low drop rate Ramen/Coffee/Rice Cakes event things...? D:
    Lilyflowerdarik
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Drop rate of Nodestones have been increased by.......... 0.001%?
    Nexon thinks it is ok to screw the entire playbase because ^ percent of the people keep funding them so that they can support more games and introduce more pay to win items.
    Every improvement to this game always takes a giant leap backwards because of these erratic changes like nerfing drop rate.
    Lilyflowerdarik
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Drop rate of Nodestones have been increased by.......... 0.001%?
    Nexon thinks it is ok to screw the entire playbase because ^ percent of the people keep funding them so that they can support more games and introduce more pay to win items.
    Every improvement to this game always takes a giant leap backwards because of these erratic changes like nerfing drop rate.
    I saw this in kms website and omg it's horrible for legit players,new players also players that work hard on the game no one wants this to happen! also nodestones would be super hard to farm if it's increased by 0.001%.

  • EliulEliul
    Reactions: 340
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Ahh good ol we're just going to follow KMS lead on this.

    Thank god I was taken off rankings permanently for a petty ban. Led me to stop caring about this game indefinitely. Even with 180% drop gear farming for anything (even nodes) was a pain in the ass because I don't want to obtain a 2nd computer for a Kishin mule. Now you're going to make it even worse? Like it was out of control or something? Now botters have increased drop rates for them to saturate the market and actual legit farmers are going to have it worse. Is that the gap Nexon wanted to shorten?

    Makes sense. /s

    Sidenote - I pity the people who spent real money on drop gear in main servers, all to have Nexon cuck you and lower the return on your investment.

    Don't worry guys, they'll implement a new way to increase drops. Prepare your wallets.
    LilyflowerDisco3darikBooberpuppybeastiestmode
  • haymanhayman
    Reactions: 955
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited August 2017
    After the statement again from the admin. I believe this is solely targeting people with drop gear rather than helping the unfunded players. Nerfing us so we can all struggle to play maple again. Raise your hands if anyone want to do 50 bosses a day to get 5 cubes every day and never able to tier your items out. Or farm hours and hours of event boxes to get coins or weeks upon weeks to get nodestone? Why make some party quest where unfunded players can do to get free meso and good items instead of nerfing everything .
    darik
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Fine nexon im ok with that, but bring us the 15+ stars enhancement, then you can nerf the drop, and see how many ppl are angry about this nerf, and that´s not all, "the 1 entry boss"
    darik
  • SyokSyok
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Atleast buff the Droplets in reboot,
    u need to farm 240 droplets and with 200% drop rate + Kish + DHS u hardly see 1 per hour and some times nothing
  • craftymoosecraftymoose
    Reactions: 1,005
    Posts: 5
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    hayman wrote: »
    After the statement again from the admin. I believe this is solely targeting people with drop gear rather than helping the unfunded players. Nerfing us so we can all struggle to play maple again. Raise your hands if anyone want to do 50 bosses a day to get 5 cubes every day and never able to tier your items out. Or farm hours and hours of event boxes to get coins or weeks upon weeks to get nodestone? Why make some party quest where unfunded players can do to get free meso and good items instead of nerfing everything .

    You won't be able to boss for cubes really in 6 months when bosses entry limit is changed to 1 entry a day/week. Honestly I really hope all maplers see that this will hurt all players.... Not that it will help much nexon already has it's mind made up
    darik
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    So make drop rate gear more obtainable for those players that don't have much, don't punish players who worked hard towards obtaining that gear, it's totally disgraceful. I am a player who has minimal drop rate, pretty much just a spider and a monster park pendant..

    "A gap " doesn't really exist especially in Reboot as you party at bosses WITH those people when people give out carries. As well as in regular servers you party with people at bosses....... it makes 0 logical sense. Heck people even party at end game to do dailies and people help fresh new level 200 players with quests at Arcane River...

    Make some quest rewards give drop rate gear then reverse this stupid change as well as any other hated changes like kishin nerf ect.

    The end game progression is slow enough and you are making it even slower. We have more progression coming with Moras.

    MapleStory is a great game why do you insist on running it in to the ground with negative changes in every update? Instead of nerfing buff up all classes equally, buff things STOP NERFING.
    darikLilyflowerpommepouffe
  • NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited August 2017
    I have mixed feelings with this.

    By one hand I agree that once you hit 180% drop the game... well, it becomes a way too easy and flash quick to cap absolutely everything bar the last area symbol and droplets. It removed a lot of challenge and success satisfaction, events and quests feel a way too light as well. x2.9 drops is just a way too high from 0% to 180%, and maybe the worst part is that there is not gradual progression: you can't get, let's say, 10% drop on Unique, you can only get drop after you get the accessory to Legendary: that is extremely steep, which makes most players to play for months or years with 0% drop... and then, surprise, if you get enough NX (or you mesofarm hardcore in Reboot for a while) you can easily jump from 0% to 180%!

    I also agree that the current drop rate for 0% is awfully terrible for many drops and events. You're pretty much excluded from events such like Moon Bunnies one without drop %, but then you can easily finish them in a breeze with 180% drop. It wouldn't be that bad if you would gradually increase your drop rate, but nope, you need to hit Legendary tier first, and common players struggles already to get UNIQUE, so yeah, stuck with 0% aside whatever Big Spider gives.

    But there is a problem. While I agree that some nerf was required for the game balance for 180% drop or higher folks, KMS tests seems to show that the nerf is a massive 50% slash for 180%+ drop. That is just plain a way TOO harsh. Also Arcane Droplets are not getting their base drop rate increased, which means Arcane Umbra equips are literally impossible to obtain now aside buying Droplets from botters in regular servers (and rip Reboot). Not only that, but KMS tests seems to also show that baseline drop rate actually decreased, which implies Nexon over there lied about getting it increased, so this is not benefiting folks with 0% drop gear, it is just hurting everyone almost equally.

    Yet, it might be possible that GMS might alter the rates compared to KMS, so we still gotta see how things will fare. I can totally acept this if:

    - Arcane Droplet baseline rates are increased so that endgame players at least preserve current rates with 200% drop gear.
    - 180%+ drop gear gets 10-20% (Reboot) / 20-30% (Regular) nerfed for events/nodes/symbols.
    - 20%-60% drop gear remains largely not altered or sightly buffed.
    - 0% drop gear gets 15-25% (Reboot) / 10-15% (Regular) buffed events/nodes/symbols.
    - We get the KMS update quick that makes impossible to get nodes not useable by your class when opening nodestones.

    But I feel pessimist the update will be really be like something like that.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings Maplers,

    We made a promise to keep the community informed ahead of time should balance changes to the drop rate be applied in the Global version of MapleStory.

    We have confirmed that these balance changes will be a part of our v188 update. We’re aware of the initial feedback that the community had towards this change and we’d like to share the reasoning behind this decision. Progression for each Mapler is different and this progression was heavily divided by how fast and efficient an individual could farm for items.

    From the release of new content, a visible line could be seen between those with a great deal of drop rate gear to those who could not acquire such gear. It is the intention of this change to address this widening gap and the balance of content completion across all Maplers.

    With the changes to the balance of drop rate, the formula for drop rate gear will be changed. This means that stacking a great deal of items dedicated towards increasing drop rate will not have the same effectiveness as it does currently.

    Again, we know that this will affect our hardcore Maplers who have invested time and resource into acquiring the best drop rate gear. Due to this, there will also be an increase to the base drop rate of highly sought after farmable items such as Nodestones with this update. Additionally, we will do our best to introduce more events with desired items obtained through previous means of farming as rewards.

    Thank you,

    - Maple Team

    I'm sorry Arwoo,

    As much as I appreciate the work you are doing for the community this change is not a good one overall. I also want to mention that this is not directed at you but at the people who work on and create the game.

    First I should start by saying that when this was released in Korea, almost all Koreans were not on board with it. The feedback was basically 100% negative yet it still got pushed through?! I'd like to think community feedback is taken into consideration when making changes but for this change I can't see that at all. Nobody was complaining about drop rate and yet Nexon feels the need to modify it.

    The visible line as you have mentioned is always apparent in MMOs, but in Maplestory you have to understand why that visible line is there. It's there because the game has been p2w for such a long time. With cubes readily available in the cash shop and limited in game and with cubes not being as good as the CS ones you can clearly see why a gap exists. Why is it you feel the need to hinder hardcore progression to cater to casuals? Hardcore players will ALWAYS be ahead. That's just a fact people need to deal with when it comes to MMOs. If you aren't willing to put the time in to progress then you don't deserve it. These days, at least in my server it is not too difficult to get the standard 180% drop rate from gear. If you want it you can definitely achieve it over time even if you are casual.

    What you are effectively doing with this change is screwing over the people who invested money and time into getting drop gear to balance and cater to people who don't have drop gear. So our investments are worthless.

    If you wanted to balance the gap what you guys should have done is make cubing more accessible. Add even more ways to get cubes and perhaps even buff in game cubes so they're as good as the cash shop ones. This would also fix the "gap" that exists.

    Hardcore players have already done the math and studied this change. We know exactly what's coming and so many tests have been done in Korea for this change. Overall for hardcore and even casual players this is a big fat nerf to drops and gains in general. I want to make that absolutely clear. You say the drop rate of nodestones is higher in this patch but it's not really because of how drop rate is calculated now. At least before hand the casuals could have bought drop rate gear and still got more with as low as 60% drop than they would be getting after this change.

    I'm so disappointed, as is the majority of the community, not just in our version but in others affected by this change too that our feedback wasn't taken into account for such a huge issue. It feels like you did this for a reason. Perhaps money is behind it? I don't know but I can't think of one good thing this change brings to the game. It doesn't solve the gap issue and it most certainly doesn't make progression any faster. If anything this change benefits the hackers the most as they will now be able to push the prices up as time/drop isn't an issue for them since they can hack 24/7. You still fail to clean up the shops in FM so this is going to affect the game more than anything.


    darikTorippiLilyflowerKingofFurriesBahamut_Xpommepouffeg9100
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

    Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

    You haven't studied the change like most of the hardcore players have. This isn't a buff that you seem to think it is. Don't read into buff so easily and actually figure out what's going on. There have been many tests done and the overall gains per hour is far lower for the majority of items. Symbols aren't being increased as far as I know so it will be even worse now with or without drop gear.

    Also I said in my post...

    "At least before hand the casuals could have bought drop rate gear and still got more with as low as 60% drop than they would be getting after this change."

    and you think this change is going to help you farm faster? lol

    iSIingGunz covers it fairly well here but the data is all over the place. Go check out Insonya etc and many KMS tests on Youtube showing actual factual data.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Posts: 202
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    the point of drop gear is to improve drops in comparison to not having drop gear. What the hell does blurring the line do except prove you don't give a damn about the absolute reality of things? When will you reduce the damage formulas so people wearing unscrolled, uncubed, unstarred pensalirs aren't so much different form the people with endgame bis fully upgraded gear?
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Posts: 301
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

    Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

    No offense, but you sound like "increased' drop rate is going to do anything. Don't get your hopes up. Also it's not hard to get spider for starters.
    Daxi wrote: »
    Well I'm looking forward to the change myself for a number of reasons.

    Thanks for keeping us all informed. :)

    I'd be surprised on what those reasons are hmm.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Posts: 40
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    My opinion is likely different than most, but I see this change as needed for the last several years. Not many can really afford drop gear anyway. For those who do have drop gear, I understand it's unfair that they're now losing out on rates they once had with farming nodestones. I understand farming symbols could be better than it will be after the nerf, and that sucks. And I understand droplets will be so much harder to obtain. But this is an endgame weapon we're talking about here. Given that, I feel it's only best that it's this hard to get. Look at Kritias. You have to invest so much dedication to get tyrant gloves. It takes many months to get enough. Yet it's understandable why it's so hard to obtain.

    Many forget we're getting changes to nodestones. Where we will only receive skills we can equip. You won't have as many nodes you can't use to upgrade existing nodes so much less nodestones will be needed to level up as the chance for you to get nodes you can upgrade with will be much higher. No more pulling mana overload when I could be getting weapon aura, as a warrior. Higher chance to pull tris I can upgrade my current tris with? Yes please.

    Now, I'm not saying this change is nothing but lollipops and rainbows. It isn't. I'm just looking at the good parts rather than focusing on the bad. We must adapt to changes like these, even if they are unfair. Not everything stays as great forever. Especially since people were farming 50-100 nodestones per day. Nexon did not change this to upset everybody and make people quit. They did this to make drop gear better even though it results in less rates. (Who wants over 200% worth of equips in drop gear? And good luck rolling 2 line drop if you manage to.)

    Just remember, we will always have it better than KMS. They don't have other drop buffs outside of drop gear like we do (lucky winter, big spider, etc) and they don't have the blessing that is kishin. So our drop rates will still be better than seen on KMS.
    YonaxDividedFlow
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Spirit wrote: »
    My opinion is likely different than most, but I see this change as needed for the last several years. Not many can really afford drop gear anyway. For those who do have drop gear, I understand it's unfair that they're now losing out on rates they once had with farming nodestones. I understand farming symbols could be better than it will be after the nerf, and that sucks. And I understand droplets will be so much harder to obtain. But this is an endgame weapon we're talking about here. Given that, I feel it's only best that it's this hard to get. Look at Kritias. You have to invest so much dedication to get tyrant gloves. It takes many months to get enough. Yet it's understandable why it's so hard to obtain.

    Many forget we're getting changes to nodestones. Where we will only receive skills we can equip. You won't have as many nodes you can't use to upgrade existing nodes so much less nodestones will be needed to level up as the chance for you to get nodes you can upgrade with will be much higher. No more pulling mana overload when I could be getting weapon aura, as a warrior. Higher chance to pull tris I can upgrade my current tris with? Yes please.

    Now, I'm not saying this change is nothing but lollipops and rainbows. It isn't. I'm just looking at the good parts rather than focusing on the bad. We must adapt to changes like these, even if they are unfair. Not everything stays as great forever. Especially since people were farming 50-100 nodestones per day. Nexon did not change this to upset everybody and make people quit. They did this to make drop gear better even though it results in less rates. (Who wants over 200% worth of equips in drop gear? And good luck rolling 2 line drop if you manage to.)

    Just remember, we will always have it better than KMS. They don't have other drop buffs outside of drop gear like we do (lucky winter, big spider, etc) and they don't have the blessing that is kishin. So our drop rates will still be better than seen on KMS.

    Yet they had no problems shoving tyrant gloves into Marvel etc did they?

    It's all bad news. You only need 60% to start seeing decent returns for nodestone farming. You probably are not aware but those changes to the nodestones isn't all great. Sure we get the skills we need which is good but most people don't get is they also increased the amount of exp required to lvl by a pretty decent amount. This doesn't make drop gear better. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
This discussion has been closed.