[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

[Contest] Maple Fashion: Design Story

Comments

• 2Pro4You2Pro4You
    Reactions: 510
    edited August 2017
    Puripuff wrote: »
    maplestoryaliendesign_by_novabuns-dbl0in1.png
    The new Arcana map inspired me to make an alien fashion design C: I thought this would go nicely with all the unatural skintones we have.

Hat - Alien antenna's
    Overalls - Alien overalls
    Gloves - Alien gloves
    Shoes - Alien knee high boots
    (Your fashion is out of this world!)

Wow i like this one
    Puripuff
  • OhmysweetieOhmysweetie
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited August 2017
    how to upload a image file here

• JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Reactions: 1,920
    edited August 2017
    tumblr_ov7i5vB6Ff1utst5bo2_1280.png
    tumblr_ov7i5vB6Ff1utst5bo1_1280.png

Punk Inspired Outfit

- Hat: The hat is a pair of punk/cyber goggles with red tinted glass and the nuclear symbol printed on the glass. (Does not flatten hair)
    - Face Accessory: It's black lipstick, I don't know what else could be said about that.
    - Gloves: The gloves are black spiked bracelets on both wrists.
    - Shoes: The shoes are a pair of Punk/Rock boots (like Dr. Martens), the shoes come with red striped socks and a buckle strap on the left leg. The sock on the leg without the strap is higher than the other sock.
    - Top: The top is a standard black T-shirt with Zakum's face printed on it in white, the sleeves of the T-shirt also have 3 holes for a more ragged look.
    - Bottom: The bottom is a short, red skirt and has a checkered pattern all across it (often seen on other clothes).
    - Cape: It's a hoodie tied around the waist with the sleeves in front and the back of the hoodie at the back of the character. The hoodie has a white Maple Leaf printed on the back and also has 2 metal rings through the hood.

Genders
    Both Male and Female.

Edit: I'm a big fan of the Goth/Punk clothes currently in MS, but sadly enough there's not really that many in total.

IGN: HawtNoodles
    World: Reboot
    BluejeansRenniPeekAtChuAnnAnn92DazedxKiiChanJettLuvsUKevushiShuujoCodeDonutsand 8 others.
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited August 2017
    how to upload a image file here

Images can't directly be uploaded onto the forums. Instead, you could use something like Imgur to upload the image, then copy & paste the image URL onto the comment. :)
    Ohmysweetie
  • OhmysweetieOhmysweetie
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited September 2017
    Hihi ^0^)/ This is Victoria aka Hillda ! Lol
    I am very happy to participate in this contest.
    I was always waiting for a Brand new Cutest Costumes and Hairs and Face!
    sadly i have few more designs but i don't know wichone is better >_<;;;

F3GMa93.jpg

S8p0Ji7.jpg

kB7qIII.png oaKRMVg.pngmOhS4La.png

qOnshAY.png LAX59ui.png

✧★The Special Premium Style. A Little star Cocoon Set★✧

✶ Little Star Cocoon Hat
    This hat is made from magical silkworm thread. It is soft texture and light color.
    ✶ Cocoon shawl (Overall)
    This Shawl is made from magical silkworm thread. It is soft texture and light color.
    ✶ Floating in the air Little Star (Shoes)
    This was made by collecting the lost away stars. It is a bright effect and Floating in the air.
    ✶ Starlight Magic wand
    This was made by compressing the power of the starlight. It is a bright effect.
    ✶ Starlight Earing
    This was made by compressing the power of the starlight. It is a bright effect.
    ✶Shining stardust
    Stardust is a sparkling effect that revolving.
    ✶The Clouds like a star
    The cloud is loves the star so much!! and obessed and stalking lol I think it would be better if added a facial or action that was in love.

✶The Sweet Heart Face (Royal Face Coupon)

Shining eye

***Although My English skill is poor, But I did my best. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited ! :)
    It's just me Always wants to change to other designs Lol
    Maybe this could be the end, but still i don't know.... >_<;;

Personal Contact

-Discord

Hillda_Vic#1567

-Instagram
    instagram.com/Oh_My_Sweetie

Anything else If you have a question Please send me a msg
    on My personal contact !

Thank you For A Like ! ↓↓↓ ^3^)♥♡
    CookieCorgiRenniDazedShinxDTurtle13TimidKlaraGUGI_HSxKiiChanJettLuvsUand 31 others.
  • ixmimihoang3ixmimihoang3
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited September 2017
    World: Bera
    IGN: Revivals
    ~Will Post other poses later~
    taco_by_ixjackie-dbnie2b.png
    nexon_maplestory_costume_contest_entry_2_by_ixjackie-dbniii8.png

I was having a craving for late night munchies and I thought of tacos for the whole night.

Taco Me Out
    Hat: Cute Taco Me Out
    Overall: Taco Me Out Overall
    OhmysweetieJoTheWeirdoDazedFreundRenniKhongi
  • SqueakSqueak
    Reactions: 1,970
    edited August 2017
    dvsxy6M.png
    a2BjgMJ.png
    I have a weird fascination for rodents so i decided to make this set. Also really wanted a mouse tail to be added in :< so i did a simple design with basic cell shading that still gives the maplestory illustration feel to it.
    cHBQGPd.png
    Cozy Mouse set
    -Hat: Plush Cozy Mouse Ears
    These poor mouse ears have been nibbled on by a cat
    -Earring: Cozy Mouse Ear Tag
    -Face Accessory: Cozy Mouse face
    these whiskers wiggle every few frames and comes with a cute pink nose
    -Top: Cozy Mouse Hoodie
    A comfy over-sized hoodie that gives warmth and has a cute cheese logo on the back,
    -Cape: Cozy Mouse Tail
    -Shoes: Cozy Mouse Ankle Tag
    This ankle tag give out the mice and cheese effect (can be toggled)
    img]*edit
    fixed the tail, i forgot to color it in a pinkish tone
    DazedNeurobeatPie5434KlaraTimidRenniPuripuffxKiiChanJoTheWeirdoJettLuvsUand 26 others.
  • NannikaNannika
    Reactions: 390
    edited August 2017
    joxIVDl.jpg

Meandering Spring Blossom Set

Hat - Blossom Hair Accessory
    Earrings - Blossom Earring
    Overall - Spring Blossom Kimono
    Shoes - Cherry Geta
    Cape - Spring Deity's Scarf

I guess this set would be for females only but it'd be cool if men could join in on the fun.

I drew the hair for fun but it'd be cool if that showed up in game.

This design was inspired by the female deities of Asia and cherry blossoms. At first, I contemplated what kind of design to use. Ice? Stars? Kittens? But when I came home from my part time job at a Japanese dollar store, I immediately decided to use this design.

It was 8 pm, the store was about to close in an hour, and there were barely any customers. One cashier was more than enough to handle the non-existent line. Since there were two of us, I decided to take a walk around the store to buy some stuff. My partner's approval allowed me to go to the cleaning section since I desperately needed a mop. When I walked by the food section of the store, I saw a package of crunchy pickled plums. The cherry blossom designs on it were absolutely mesmerizing and the contents looked exactly like the sour, sweet, and crunchy plums I used to eat as a child back in Asia. Immediately, I decided to buy a package and eagerly went home that night. Slowly, I opened up a packet and popped one in my mouth. It was like a whole new world was opening before me as it burned my tongue off. It tasted like the acidic snot straight from the pickle deity's fingernails. I frantically grabbed the package to look at the ingredients list and saw vinegar, salt, cherry blossom. That was when my dreams of eating sweet and sour plums crashed right down into the deepest depths of the Marianas trench. I wasted $2 and nearly saw the heavens but it was this that helped me come upon this design idea.
    xKiiChanJettLuvsUKanjo159SparkleeClawStaffDreamWeaverPetalmagicFreundThatGuyZenny
  • iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited August 2017
    Lindos diseños pero el mio ganara de lejos f3
    Renni
  • SafaMSSafaMS
    Reactions: 320
    edited September 2017
    I have always wanted to design for MapleStory, it's my wish of 10 years
    finally, it's the chance.
    nt2VKf7.jpg

Star pixie
    I love this cutie monster in Orbis and the star it drops <3

Pixie Star hair clip: A piece of shiny star dropped by Star Pixie .
    Pixie star suit: cotton light pinky suit with stars dust ( golden lines on top and few on the bottom )
    Pixie star shoes: transparent shoes covered with a lot of star dust that star pixie left in Orbis floors.
    Hope you like it :)
    edit: its for females but males can wear it if they like to, so its unisex.

DazedJettLuvsU
  • GUGI_HSGUGI_HS
    Reactions: 460
    edited September 2017
    /
    JoTheWeirdoDazedKineLamaDeputyDerpyKingWangOhmysweetieAkiraAlexPerdidoKeyFafyUsaginomimiand 6 others.
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited August 2017
    GUGI_HS wrote: »
    Your one of jealousy girl. Squeak. Mind your own business. Lmao
    Squeak wrote: »
    7Lcbx6Y.jpg
    if you are going to make a sprite at least make it the same proportion size as the original base, because if you did it should look something like how i sprited your design below
    MN9VN3y.png

Maybe you are misunderstanding. I think Squeak was trying to be helpful. He/she was just pointing out that Ohmysweetie's sprite model is not actual pixel size, which is true, and spent time making his/her version, whether or not that is how the sprite would look like if it is implemented.

It is nice to see you support your friend or fellow mapler, but let's be nice to everyone. :)

SqueakTimidJettLuvsU
  • ShiyumiSamaShiyumiSama
    Reactions: 900
    edited August 2017
    I wanted to make an outfit with a cool/edgy and cute look. Something casual looking but with a twist. Something simple and not too overally detailed. I focused on making it so that each individual piece of clothing would look nice paired with another existing outfit hence the colour palette of black-white. Main focus was just.. Overall trying to make it so that it would work for everyone.

So I present to you the 'Stray Cat' outfit!!! (perfect for you lonewolves soloing out there but with a heart for cute things~)
    maplestory_design_contest_entry_by_shiyumichan-dblobd7.png
    Outfit is Unisex
    Hat: Stray Cat Hood - Cute but deadly.
    I wanted a unique hoodie that would either cover the eyes or mouth, in the end I went with covering the mouth and partially the eyes. It was designed so the 'teeth' part of the hood would cover the character's mouth.

Overall: Stray Cat Suit - Slappy fight initiated.
    Consisting of a regular grey t-shirt with white strips on the sleeve (that honestly no one would ever see), and (oh so stylishing) white shorts topped with a silver ring necklace. A black cardigan is worn ontop with ends that round off and leaves the back hanging longer than the front. Worn without a care so the cardigan gentle falls off the shoulders. The sleeves are long(purfect for slappy fights) and resembles a cat's paw. It is closed off at the end and has a opening at the sides which allow the hands to stick out of the sleeves or hide back in.

Shoes: Stray Cat Bandage - Who need shoes? Ow.. darn these pebbles! Guess I need bandages now...
    Initially I thought transparent shoes would work best with this outfit, but then not everyone has transparent shoes so alternative option? Half transparent shoes!

Cape: Stray Cat Tail - See see no touch!
    Unkempt cat tail that gets mistaken for wolf tail?!?

Weapon: Stray Cat Spirit Stick - Fight in style! Fight with mini cat!
    Initially I didn't plan for a weapon... but I figured I might as well try and add one in haha. It's a great weapon to wack at things and friends with!

---
    Thanks to friends for shoving me this contest to my face. I'm quite busy this month so sorry I didn't get much time to really work on it/polish it up. This is just me trying to put effort LOL (as you can see where my lazeness comes in ahaha haaa rolls away-)

RenniJoTheWeirdoxKiiChanNeurobeatDazedKimikimiDeputyDerpyKamenRiderDiendCodeDonutsYzuuand 22 others.
  • BleuteBleute
    Reactions: 450
    edited August 2017
    Squeak wrote: »
    OhJ5tHK.png
    CjLBsXt.png
    I have a weird fascination for rodents so i decided to make this set. Also really wanted a mouse tail to be added in :< so i did a simple design with basic cell shading that still gives the maplestory illustration feel to it.
    2XfsHna.png
    Cozy Mouse set
    -Hat: Plush Cozy Mouse Ears
    These poor mouse ears have been nibbled on by a cat
    -Earring: Cozy Mouse Ear Tag
    -Face Accessory: Cozy Mouse face
    these whiskers wiggle every few frames and comes with a cute pink nose
    -Top: Cozy Mouse Hoodie
    A comfy over-sized hoodie that gives warmth and has a cute cheese logo on the back,
    -Cape: Cozy Mouse Tail
    -Shoes: Cozy Mouse Ankle Tag
    This ankle tag give out the mice and cheese effect (can be toggled)

For the 13 years I've played MapleStory, I have always wanted a mouselike or ratlike rodent tail. This just HAS to become reality; I'd really give anything to have this design win. While a lot of the other designs are cool, including the cat one above, this one stands out because it offers something truly unique. Unlike the many other cat/fox ears and outfits we already have, for rodents we've only ever really had the rat mouth and white mouse kit, but never any other accessories to go along with them, especially tails. This design just speaks to me so personally, it's like a dream come true.
    RenniSqueakCodeDonutsJettLuvsUOpambour
  • KineLamaKineLama
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    @Bleute
    For the 13 years I've played MapleStory, I have always wanted a mouselike or ratlike rodent tail. >>

Well If Puppy,Bear, Cat,Mouse costumes has it mostly people buying a Bear or cat i think. I don't like a Rat but i only one I like a Mickey mouse lol
  • 3x3x33x3x3
    Reactions: 470
    edited August 2017
    woo! must enter this! :D
  • AkiraAlexAkiraAlex
    Reactions: 330
    edited September 2017
    @Ohmysweetie
    OK. I got it. Good luck ! :b
    PerdidoKeyUsaginomimiLosachedre
  • VikumiVikumi
    Reactions: 340
    edited August 2017
    I wanted to make an outfit with a cool/edgy and cute look. Something casual looking but with a twist. Something simple and not too overally detailed. I focused on making it so that each individual piece of clothing would look nice paired with another existing outfit hence the colour palette of black-white. Main focus was just.. Overall trying to make it so that it would work for everyone.

So I present to you the 'Stray Cat' outfit!!! (perfect for you lonewolves soloing out there but with a heart for cute things~)
    maplestory_design_contest_entry_by_shiyumichan-dblobd7.png
    Outfit is Unisex
    Hat: Stray Cat Hood - Cute but deadly.
    I wanted a unique hoodie that would either cover the eyes or mouth, in the end I went with covering the mouth and partially the eyes. It was designed so the 'teeth' part of the hood would cover the character's mouth.

Overall: Stray Cat Suit - Slappy fight initiated.
    Consisting of a regular grey t-shirt with white strips on the sleeve (that honestly no one would ever see), and (oh so stylishing) white shorts topped with a silver ring necklace. A black cardigan is worn ontop with ends that round off and leaves the back hanging longer than the front. Worn without a care so the cardigan gentle falls off the shoulders. The sleeves are long(purfect for slappy fights) and resembles a cat's paw. It is closed off at the end and has a opening at the sides which allow the hands to stick out of the sleeves or hide back in.

Shoes: Stray Cat Bandage - Who need shoes? Ow.. darn these pebbles! Guess I need bandages now...
    Initially I thought transparent shoes would work best with this outfit, but then not everyone has transparent shoes so alternative option? Half transparent shoes!

Cape: Stray Cat Tail - See see no touch!
    Unkempt cat tail that gets mistaken for wolf tail?!?

Weapon: Stray Cat Spirit Stick - Fight in style! Fight with mini cat!
    Initially I didn't plan for a weapon... but I figured I might as well try and add one in haha. It's a great weapon to wack at things and friends with!

---
    Thanks to friends for shoving me this contest to my face. I'm quite busy this month so sorry I didn't get much time to really work on it/polish it up. This is just me trying to put effort LOL (as you can see where my lazeness comes in ahaha haaa rolls away-)

This design is so cute! You also made the layout of your entire extremely clear and sleek.
    You did an amazing job on this entry, best of luck to you!
    RenniFafyShiyumiSamacesareon94
  • PerdidoKeyPerdidoKey
    Reactions: 470
    edited September 2017
    Give up
    OhmysweetiePuripuffFafyUsaginomimiLosachedreHibachisenJettLuvsU
  • FafyFafy
    Reactions: 350
    edited August 2017
    I like all kawaii designs XD
    OhmysweetieUsaginomimiLosachedreHibachisenJettLuvsU
This discussion has been closed.