[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.221 Spring Blossoms Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

World transfer disaster. Huge screw up by Nexon.

Comments

  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Thank you for putting together this thread as there is indeed much to discuss on the topic of how the World Leap event was handled and a world merge.

    The World Leap event gave power to the Maplers on which world to leap to. Maplers were never forced to move to a specific world and it was a community effort to populate Bera. As a result, a number of worlds saw a decline of population and this is something we've taken notice to as well.

    Could it have been anticipated that the community would select a single server to move to? Could we have been aware that this collaboration would cause the world to hit a limit? From what the initial announcement details entail, we didn't, and for that we apologize.

    At this point it can't be helped with what should've been done, however, we can focus on what needs to be done. There are players who are unable to leap to Bera due to an issue that wasn't foreseen with the introduction of this event. Players aren't the ones to fault for this and we will be investigating if anything can be done to resolve the issue.

    Now onto the topic of world merges, we hear you guys.

    Everything is being taken into consideration as a world merge is no easy decision and task. We want to make sure we have all the data which means looking at the number of active Maplers on each world on the surface, internal, and seasonal. While it may be clear to many that a world merge should be in order right now (especially with the world leap event affecting population) the leap event makes it difficult to get a concrete data pull with the dust still being kicked and Maplers still moving. Once the dust settles and we have a firm grasp of the final data, we can take direction from there.

    What about the people that came back to Maplestory from taking a break (I came back after 2~3 months and missed the event)

    People that came back to the game had no idea that this event happened are are stuck into low populated worlds.

    Can the Nexon team also talk about this as well?

  • AerlienaAerliena
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited October 2017
    My friends decided to xfer right before they closed off leaps to Bera.. And since they live in a different time zone, it was 12 am for me. I was asleep and missed my chance to go with them. If i had known they were going to move i would've went before they closed it off, But i didn't think they were going so i saw no reason to move. now i'm stuck in dead bacon :(. i feel like i'm gonna be stuck here 5ever with only 2 or 4 friends left. It's so strange not lagging at all in Henesys, there used to be like 20 or more people in there now there's around 5.
    krsk
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »
    AK712 wrote: »
    This entire thread is BS.

    This was not Nexon's fault. The fault lies squarely on TerrorStreak and his absurd "Everyone Leap Into Bera" threads and pushes, and everyone who hopped on the bandwagon for the sake of fame and fortune. Him and his pals basically broke what should have been a perfectly healthy event by causing false mass hysteria. We've already heard numerous reports of people from Bera coming into other worlds and trolling/attacking people for not moving. And then we get his forum pals going around saying how "great Bera is" and how "every other server is dead" and crap like that, even just copying and pasting replies into multiple threads, in order to cause more panic of "If I don't move into Bera everything will be bad".

    Then we get all the people who claim "Oh, everything is dead, because I don't see anyone in FM. Seriously? Since when is FM a reliable way of measuring population? As I said before, FM is just the rich people who sit around all day trying to make more money. You won't find them doing PQs, bossing, etc. with anyone but their alts/bots. I'd actually consider the FM as a negative population measure, because they just draw people away from actually playing the game.

    In short, blaming this on Nexon is like someone chopping their hands off on a table saw and blaming the manufacturers of the saw. You can't make a game stupid-proof.

    I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong. You cannot put blame on a player for making posts and threads trying to get people to come to Bera. He didn't force them to come. There are always threads asking people to come to their server every world leap event. As many have mentioned already in this thread, they didn't open up all servers to transfer to and they didn't have caps in place to make sure servers were not flooded. These problems lie with Nexon for not properly preparing, not with some players telling everyone to go to Bera.

    I agree they didnt force anyone to move,but they did make a bunch of BS propaganda posts, one of which was "Scania Is dead, the population is a lie because bots!! Move to bera XD" on top of a bunch of trolls doing basically the same thing in ch1 or Ardent and maybe a couple smeggas, and did this purely to propagate their "make Bera a huge mega server" idea.

    the fact that they couldn't count on the population of people moving to bera without making false statements and stupid propaganda really sour'd my opinion of the whole idea.

    I'm fine with people who feel they are in a dead world moving to bera due to the situation, but you do not need to make up BS propaganda and make posts trying to sell the idea that every server is dead if you're not in bera.


    It's just the fact that each player has their own threshold where they feel their world's population is "too low". It started with the people who have been crying for years that their world is "dead" and needs a merge, but instead of a merge, Nexon gave them a ticket out. Of course they decided to take it, saving themselves because they could no longer wait for Nexon to save their world. And as more and more people left, more and more people reached their own limits and decided to leave too. And guilds/alliances with several people feeling they must go, got convinced to leap en masse.
    I don't think placing limits would have prevented the snowball effect. If anything, it would have accelerated it, because everyone who was on the fence would be pressured to leap before they lose their chance.

    It didn't help that high-profile players (streamers, as well as top merchants, bossers, and henehoes) and Community Team members were leaping.
    I saw one person saying on Discord, "I wouldn't have left Windia, but I saw that Arwoo leaped to Bera, and I guess he knows what he's doing."
    Other people voiced similar sentiments on seeing Slatymate (from MYBCKN) and AlexF (from GRAZED) transferring too. "They're VFMs, they must have insider knowledge. They know a merge isn't coming anytime soon. We better go too if we don't want to be stuck in this already-dead world forever."

    Yes, the proselytizers share some of the blame, but they are definitely not the sole or even main cause. The main blame lies on Nexon for copying an event from KMS without thinking what it would do in a service with completely different server population issues.

    Also another thing to add is the people who didn't know about the event.

    There's a lot of people who took a break from the game and when they decide to come back and see their own server is dead would be heartbreaking.

    This is what happened to me when I just came back today and saw my server went downhill.

  • JoseChJoseCh
    Reactions: 580
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited October 2017
    I can understand your feeling, but NX doesn't care about this. :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,250
    Posts: 5,998
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Chukki wrote: »
    Also another thing to add is the people who didn't know about the event.

    There's a lot of people who took a break from the game and when they decide to come back and see their own server is dead would be heartbreaking.

    This is what happened to me when I just came back today and saw my server went downhill.

    I really hope Nexon completes the server alliance/merge before the big wave of seasonal players comes back for Christmas.
    I think all too many of these players will choose to spend their vacation time (and Christmas money) on another game, if they log in to see their world so much emptier than they remembered it.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Chukki wrote: »
    Also another thing to add is the people who didn't know about the event.

    There's a lot of people who took a break from the game and when they decide to come back and see their own server is dead would be heartbreaking.

    This is what happened to me when I just came back today and saw my server went downhill.

    I really hope Nexon completes the server alliance/merge before the big wave of seasonal players comes back for Christmas.
    I think all too many of these players will choose to spend their vacation time (and Christmas money) on another game, if they log in to see their world so much emptier than they remembered it.

    Yeah Scania and Bera are rivals now but the other servers were a complete dump.
    I'm expecting like a plan from Nexon to fix this situation.
    Any new player would never think about joining a server that isn't Scania/Reboot/Bera

    Meaning that other servers will not gain any players because the balance is completely broken.
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    Posts: 49
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    This world transfer event is an absolute disaster and has ruined so many servers that were already in desperate need of a world alliance merger. I have never ever seen any other MMO publisher handle such a thing so poorly with so little disregard for anyone. Nobody could have ever anticipated that Bera would be flooded like it was but nothing was done to stop this from happening either.

    Servers/Server alliances like MYBCKN, Khroa, Windia and GRAZEYARD have all been hit hard with this World Leap event. Not only is the market on these servers suffering, but events that require a number of players can no longer be participated in as often. There are times flag race does not happen anymore because of the lack of players on and are in guilds willing to participate. To put it bluntly, Nexon you have turned all these servers into ghost towns. You have screwed all of us yet again. First it was ignoring feedback related to the drop rate changes that fared very poorly in Korea and yet were still brought over into our version but now you have once again failed to act on the feedback regarding population and mergers. The list obviously goes on.

    People have been asking for world alliance mergers and mergers in general for a very very long time. Not transfers Nexon. MERGERS.

    Now with how poorly this was handled let me offer a suggestion or two as to how you should have proceeded with this event.

    First off you should have done mergers to stabilize the population on servers that desperately needed it rather than allow transfers.

    You should have disabled transfers to certain servers after a certain population was reached. You should have made it clear in advance if you were going to do this and when so a group of friends thinking about transferring would all be able to transfer rather than a few getting stuck and left behind.

    Sadly you didn't think ahead and do these things and as a result the player base once again has to suffer. Do you even have any apology to offer for the damage you have done to these specific servers and it's players? This was beyond pathetic and as a loyal veteran who has played for years I am incredibly disappointed, probably more than I have ever been especially with the way things have been going this year.

    Your only course of action at this point is to merge the servers I mentioned and open up transfers down the track to these servers only as Bera is flooded. Scania may also need help in the future. Not completely sure.

    Why give suggestions about the past? It's done.
    You had your chance to transfer to Bera if you wanted a populated server. If you didn't well... keep waiting and hoping for Nexon to merge all the rest of the servers together. (Windia+All the Alliances Servers)
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    Posts: 49
    Member
    edited October 2017
    JoseCh wrote: »
    I still have friends not online this time, they'll be back at November. If I leap, so when they're back, whom play with them? They'll see a dead server. Will they play anymore? So merging servers is a positive move, not even once more leap.

    Thats why I called my friends and told them to transfer to Bera, even being inactive. And they did.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Zouyiro wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »
    This world transfer event is an absolute disaster and has ruined so many servers that were already in desperate need of a world alliance merger. I have never ever seen any other MMO publisher handle such a thing so poorly with so little disregard for anyone. Nobody could have ever anticipated that Bera would be flooded like it was but nothing was done to stop this from happening either.

    Servers/Server alliances like MYBCKN, Khroa, Windia and GRAZEYARD have all been hit hard with this World Leap event. Not only is the market on these servers suffering, but events that require a number of players can no longer be participated in as often. There are times flag race does not happen anymore because of the lack of players on and are in guilds willing to participate. To put it bluntly, Nexon you have turned all these servers into ghost towns. You have screwed all of us yet again. First it was ignoring feedback related to the drop rate changes that fared very poorly in Korea and yet were still brought over into our version but now you have once again failed to act on the feedback regarding population and mergers. The list obviously goes on.

    People have been asking for world alliance mergers and mergers in general for a very very long time. Not transfers Nexon. MERGERS.

    Now with how poorly this was handled let me offer a suggestion or two as to how you should have proceeded with this event.

    First off you should have done mergers to stabilize the population on servers that desperately needed it rather than allow transfers.

    You should have disabled transfers to certain servers after a certain population was reached. You should have made it clear in advance if you were going to do this and when so a group of friends thinking about transferring would all be able to transfer rather than a few getting stuck and left behind.

    Sadly you didn't think ahead and do these things and as a result the player base once again has to suffer. Do you even have any apology to offer for the damage you have done to these specific servers and it's players? This was beyond pathetic and as a loyal veteran who has played for years I am incredibly disappointed, probably more than I have ever been especially with the way things have been going this year.

    Your only course of action at this point is to merge the servers I mentioned and open up transfers down the track to these servers only as Bera is flooded. Scania may also need help in the future. Not completely sure.

    Why give suggestions about the past? It's done.
    You had your chance to transfer to Bera if you wanted a populated server. If you didn't well... keep waiting and hoping for Nexon to merge all the rest of the servers together. (Windia+All the Alliances Servers)

    It's not okay to have servers like Broa/Khaini/Windia/GRAZED/MYBCKN anymore because of the population.


  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    Posts: 181
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Honestly I'm pretty happy that GRAZED is pretty dead, I'm sick of seeing people trying to sell stuff in the FM for real money, I hear all the time people at nexon saying report these players.

    It's freaking useless reporting them, I reported many of them they tell me in live chat that they passed it on to portal GM's and that's why months later the same players is still selling gear for real money.

    How many times do I have to keep reporting the same people before I tick someone off at nexon and they ban my account for abuse.
    All I listen to is you don't need to report them just once is fine...

    Now that GRAZED is dead I like to see how many of these players have fun trying to get people to buy their gear now that many of the people like me who can buy their gear but won't because this game is dead and lets face it I'm not gonna drop $100 on a game like MapleStory just for a single piece of gear.

    I don't need to cap I don't boss because I suck at bossing so what gear I have is good enough to train with.
    By the way not like anyone wants to help you boss anyways unless your part of the "cool kids" then your just a no body.
    I mean really I come online in GRAZED right the server is dead but what people are online they seem to only talk to people they know so unless you're friends of someone chances are they don't care about you and your a no body.

    I don't wanna sound like I want a cookie but today I'm in FM1 in GRAZED someone claimed they had no money to buy skill books so I went and bought him 5 of each books and gave them to him.

    I didn't have to I didn't know the person but because I wanna help someone out I wasted my mesos just to help someone I didn't know out.

    All I gotta say is when nexon merges GRAZED with other worlds I'm done dude, I will not play.
    I'm sick of having to fight with people just to try and find a place to train at and when the worlds become crowded it brings drama.

    Look how many of the "cool kids" followed their friends to other worlds because they gotta go with there "clique"

    You're the first person out of 2000 that actually likes a world being dead.

  • Uch1haUch1ha
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited October 2017
    #REVIVEMAPLESTORY
    Since Beta days (over 10 years ago ), this is the most scattered version anyone has ever seen...why is there 15+ servers, dispersing all of your customers into different worlds but in the same 2D maps ALONE?
    #WorldMerge
    #winter2017
    Winter is coming

    ~ VerizonFi0s
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Chukki wrote: »

    You're the first person out of 2000 that actually likes a world being dead.

    Well let's see I am AntiSocial so it's hard to socialize with people in the game is it there fault no? But honestly it doesn't seem that any of them wanna socialize with me,
    You've any idea how lonely it is to play the game by yourself?

    Probably not because your one of the many people who find it easy to socialize with people.
    For someone like me it's not that easy.

    Many people would say then you should move to a more populated server no.
    It's bad enough that I got ban in GRAZED with my first main and ended up deleting that Character and stopped playing for months.
    Decided to come back because I was hoping that most of these players I had to "KS" because there was no where to train back when SDH and HoH Were the only place you could train at.

    You know when your not part of the cool kids club you can't get in a party because people only wanna train with their friends and if your not their friend then they want nothing to do with you.

    Countless times I wanted to train at SDH and HoH but no one wanted to let me in there party after being treated that way for as long as I had to I had enough and just decided to start KSing people.

    Imagine being bullied in school and finally you get enough of being bullied and you just snap and the person who has been bullying you end up teaching him or her a lesson while that's the way I felt and not many of you can understand what its like.

    People claim I didn't try to make friends with people in the game no trust me I did and seems like all they did was bully me in the game.

    So now that the server is dead I can finally have some peace no longer need to worry about having to fight to get a place to train in a game.

    I can't remember how many times I wanted to boss with people and no one ever wanted to because to them I was either not part of their guild or whatever reason.

    The best way to make friends I've found is to fame people. People like fame.
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,580
    Posts: 123
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    dudki wrote: »
    the servers are dead because of poor management and nexon betrayal. when you hire low IQ employees and care nothing but pixel casino (this game has turned into casino long ago) this is what happen : you get empty servers.

    I think posts of this nature show just how frustrated the community is as a whole. But I don't think it is because the "GMs have low IQs" or because this is an "online casino." I think the greater issue at hand is the lack of transparency. If we as players understood how things were run, we'd have a greater understanding of why the things that happen are so hard/take so long to fix.
    For instance, as far as I can tell, Nexon is the game's publisher.. but does that mean then that the game is actually still owned by Wizet? Who is it that actually makes the decisions to do things such as having a world leap when clearly world merges made more sense? When something is broken in the game, is it not possible for Nexon to fix it because they must wait for a reply from the actual game developers due to the fact that Nexon is only a publisher? If we knew things like this, or understood the steps that had to happen before changes were made, we might be able to rally for the game we all clearly love rather than make this an us vs. Nexon environment. I understand that there is a threshold to what players don't need to know vs what they do, but understanding the basics of how things work would make a huge difference in the way the community viewed the company. Additionally, the customer service is in DIRE need of being addressed. It is understandable that tickets would not always result in immediate fix of every issue, but it would be nice to at least be given a valid reason as to why an issue can't be addressed rather than just a "because we say so." And before auto closing tickets, maybe ask if our issue has been solved or if there are any further questions. I mean good customer service, mild transparency can really go a long way for customer satisfaction overall.
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Pretty sure Wizet became a part of Nexon, and the decisions for Maple are made by a team dedicated to overseeing the game.

    Now players may think World Merges make more sense, but they're not the ones who have the data, the stats, etc. for the game.
    I'm taking a guess, and you can prove me wrong if I am, but the folks who think merging is necessary are basing this on the player count bars on the server selection screen and anecdotal experiences (Oh, free market is empty, no one is hanging around Henesy/Leafre/etc.).

    Not exactly hard data.

    As for customer service, I don't use them so I can't comment on whether they're doing their jobs or not.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,950
    Posts: 747
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    They would see how dead the servers are if they removed all blaze wizards from their data.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,395
    Posts: 109
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I love dead servers, yes that is sad, but less bots, less KSers in channel etc. Thats the only positive i have. Negative well as some people say, worlds are dead and should merge but i am looking at MYBCKN as half empty but I rather a quiet server, i have a lovley guild i joined last week and we're packed out and always talking where as my last guild i was in it was dead most of the time.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,805
    Posts: 980
    Member
    edited October 2017
    There is hardly any activity going on in GRAZED. I cannot find anything in the Auction House now that people have packed for Bera. We used to have whales shouting with their SMEGAS, but now we only have one whale who cannot find anything in the dead market.

  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,950
    Posts: 747
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    feels empty man
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,725
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Here's an update on the situation guys!

    Web post: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/25666/an-update-on-world-leap-issues

    Greetings Maplers,

    We’d like to address the issues surrounding the World Leap event that are currently ongoing. The two big issues that we’re faced with:
    • Cases of Maplers who were unable to leap due to an issue with their Friendship Ring.
    • Maplers who were unable to leap to Bera due to a sudden error stating a population limit had been reached.

    Currently, both issues are being investigated and we will keep everyone informed in regards to the results of the investigation.

    For those who were unable to leap due to the Friendship Ring issue, there are plans to look into each instance of this case and move legitimate characters to their desired world.

    For those who were unable to leap due to the Bera population limit, we apologize for this unforeseen issue and will be working to process the transfer for those who have been investigated.

    We ask for your patience as we investigate both cases.

    Thank you,

    - Maple Team
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,805
    Posts: 980
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Here's an update on the situation guys!

    Web post: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/25666/an-update-on-world-leap-issues

    Greetings Maplers,

    We’d like to address the issues surrounding the World Leap event that are currently ongoing. The two big issues that we’re faced with:
    • Cases of Maplers who were unable to leap due to an issue with their Friendship Ring.
    • Maplers who were unable to leap to Bera due to a sudden error stating a population limit had been reached.

    Currently, both issues are being investigated and we will keep everyone informed in regards to the results of the investigation.

    For those who were unable to leap due to the Friendship Ring issue, there are plans to look into each instance of this case and move legitimate characters to their desired world.

    For those who were unable to leap due to the Bera population limit, we apologize for this unforeseen issue and will be working to process the transfer for those who have been investigated.

    We ask for your patience as we investigate both cases.

    Thank you,

    - Maple Team

    Any possible alliance merges coming soon? We can see a MYBCKN+GRAZED+Khroa+Windia Fusion.
This discussion has been closed.