[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Contest] Design a MS Discord Background - Winners

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited November 2017 in Contests and Events
qUzuwG8.png

Attention, Maplers!

We would like to share pretty awesome news which will come to no surprise to those familiar with Discord. However, if you're not too sure what's going on, the very fact that this contest was made possible is because the MapleStory Global Official Discord server is now partnered with Discord!

With the partnership comes upgrades, and with upgrades, we're expecting an overall better look. This is where the talented MapleStory community enters the scene! While we could easily whip up a background and call it a day, we believe it would be a lot cooler to feature artists from the MapleStory community on this blank canvas.

See below for the contest details:
Contest Guidelines:
  • The contents of the design must be related to MapleStory.
  • The image must be drawn by you. We're only accepting digital art for this contest and not traditional.
  • By submitting in this contest, you provide appropriate licenses for the usage of the design.
  • Keep the image rated PG. No nudity or anything that borderlines it.
  • Contestants are limited to only one entry.
  • Contestants may edit or modify their submission at any time during the duration of the contest.
  • Discord's recommended image size for a server invite background is:

1920x1080
    Web View:
    3JMRObh.png

Please note that Discord does blur in the image in the areas that are white. This is how the image will display on the web. The image's display will be different on the app, please see the example below:

App View:
    sb5LZYk.png

The white regions will appear blurred.
Please review the official rules here:
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16581/official-rules-ms-discord-bg-design-contest?new=1

Winner Selection:

The Nexon team will select our grand prize winner and four runner ups for all the submissions at the end of the contest duration.

Unlike our previous Discord Icon contest, all entries in this contest will be featured as a Discord Invite Background! We will be cycling them every month for a new look designed by the community. Entries for the sole purpose for trolling will not be featured. The exact definition of a troll entry is reserved to the community team.

Prizes:

Grand Prize: 50,000 Maple Points
Runner Up Prizes: 10,000 Maple Points

Contest Duration: October 10, 2017 ~ November 17, 2017 (Original contest date was extended by 1 week)

Comments

• AestheticusAestheticus
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2017
    With border:

MSdiscord.jpg

Without border:
    MSdiscord.jpg

Side border (App version aesthetics):
    MSdiscord.jpg

IGN: KameLight
    Server: Reboot

MageOfBattlesTheaPus
  • SqueakSqueak
    Reactions: 1,970
    edited November 2017
    Since it was extended i might as well add some more mobs, i tried to make it more old school with all the generic old school mobs that we can all recognized and the ideal legendary 'noob' one use to start off with in maple island. I tried to keep the shading as minimal as possible minus the blended background.
    oiLb3RD.png
    Drawing includes: Blue Snail, Noob, Orange Mushroom, Stirge, Yeti, Ribbon Pig, Slime, White Bunny and Pink Bean
    IGN: Squeaki
    Server: Scania
    The spoiler is my pervious submission
    *Original rough layout 10-27-17
    QAX5AH8.jpg
    *Edited 10-28-17
    Wo43usp.png
    TwizzzlersTsuusTHardmusclePeekAtChuRenniKeyan the EvanchaoscauserShiyumiSamaQuickDrawerTheaPus
  • AestheticusAestheticus
    edited October 2017
    ^ Guy literally copied half my design. How blatant can you get?
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited October 2017

Hi, I think you might be misjudging. Maple leaves are pretty common considering it's a big part of the game, hence MapleStory.
    AventyrHardmuscleDoIlyMmMmMystic
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Maple Leafs Fall Creation!

6AkrRMS.png

What a cute way to celebrate Fall with Maplestory Monsters and Friends!

- Pink Bean
    - Green Slime
    - Orange Mushroom
    - Blue Snail

IGN: Knoebels
    World: Scania
    Hardmuscle
  • AestheticusAestheticus
    edited October 2017
    Renni wrote: »

Hi, I think you might be misjudging. Maple leaves are pretty common considering it's a big part of the game, hence MapleStory.

I'm not even going to explain it to your oblivious a$$ if you don't see the similarities. Usage of the discord logo is disqualification though.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    I'm not even going to explain it to your oblivious a$$ if you don't see the similarities. Usage of the discord logo is disqualification though.

I don't see any similarities.

Please don't fight and attack others over submissions. This is a contest, not a competition; you should be nice to others.
    HardmuscleRenniSqueakKeyan the EvanShiyumiSamaMmMmMysticTheaPus
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    @Aestheticus ~ Not to be rude or anything, but I think you are overreacting (big time) and I think you should sit this one out. Consider it a self-disqualification by way of incredibly out-of-place assumption and inflated self-ego. ~ (( Check this out. ~ Tell me how many Maple Leaves you found. ))

• AestheticusAestheticus
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Aestheticus ~ Not to be rude or anything, but I think you are overreacting (big time) and I think you should sit this one out. Consider it a self-disqualification by way of incredibly out-of-place assumption and inflated self-ego. ~ (( Check this out. ~ Tell me how many Maple Leaves you found. ))

Only someone that spent hours on their design would understand. You are a hypocrite and stop trying to act like a moderator, kiddo.
  • yFailExamyFailExam
    Reactions: 945
    edited October 2017

Only someone that spent hours on their design would understand. You are a hypocrite and stop trying to act like a moderator, kiddo.

1200px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png

Here is my 100% serious entry

It was inspired from your entry and believe me, do you see that maple leaf? Indefinite representational symbol of maplestory and nothing else
    I spent half a year in the hyperbolic time chamber and then went back in time to seek the wisdom of Canad....I mean maplestory's founding father to complete this masterpiece.

I tried to trade mark it so that no one else can steal my idea but the community didn't like it and my sub count drop by 3 million.
    HardmuscleAventyrTsuusTRagingbeauty
  • RenniRenni
    edited October 2017

The only similarities between your entry and Squeak's entry are the maple leaves. The enlarged maple leaf is part of the MapleStory logo, so it cannot be considered plagiarism because it is an expected design element and you did not create the logo. The scattered maple leaves are not similar because Squeak used the official MapleStory maple leaf in the background three times as well as soft scattered dots, while you used a default Photoshop scatter brush that is designed to be used in the way that you used it. That can't be considered plagiarism either, because the leaf shape is different, as well as the placement, and you did not design that brush.

I hope after seeing how other forum users, including a moderator, found no instances of plagiarism, that you will understand you have made a misjudgment, so let's be nice and respectful towards other users. This contest is supposed to be fun.

HardmuscleAventyrHHG1TsuusTShiyumiSamaMmMmMystic
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited October 2017
    @Aestheticus ~ Nothing I said is mocking a moderator, nor am I being a hypocrite (define that word). ~ You're acting like a one year-old child who lost their bottle. ~ You can't seriously expect someone to honor you after behaving like this? ~ (It's not rocket science). :expressionless:

TwizzzlersMmMmMystic
  • AestheticusAestheticus
    edited October 2017
    @Renni, I see it now thanks. My eyes tricked me and I thought the dots and background were the scatter brush. It looked like he used the brush in the exact same direction and location as I did.

"Not to be rude or anything (dkm), but I think you are overreacting (big time) and I think you should sit this one out. Consider it a self-disqualification by way of incredibly out-of-place assumption and inflated self-ego"

Listen to how you come off as accusing me of overreacting then you start to show your little pompous personality and literally assume that what you say goes and that I would actually disqualify myself and consider it as obeying your irrefutable authority and judgement.

It is also because of ME that, the guy I was accusing is even QUALIFIED. His previous design broke a rule and I pointed it out, then he changed it.

I would rather have a million enemies than bite my tongue and follow scum like you.

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited October 2017
    @Renni, I see it now thanks. My eyes tricked me and I thought the dots and background were the scatter brush. It looked like he used the brush in the exact same direction and location as I did.

"Not to be rude or anything (dkm), but I think you are overreacting (big time) and I think you should sit this one out. Consider it a self-disqualification by way of incredibly out-of-place assumption and inflated self-ego"

Listen to how you come off as accusing me of overreacting then you start to show your little pompous personality and literally assume that what you say goes and that I would actually disqualify myself and consider it as obeying your irrefutable authority and judgement.

It is also because of ME that, the guy I was accusing is even QUALIFIED. His previous design broke a rule and I pointed it out, then he changed it.
    I would rather have a million enemies than bite my tongue and follow scum like you.
    Because calling people names like "ass" and "scum" is so deserving of respect and glorification. I'm reporting this conversation to the GM directly. You don't even know me. You don't know anything at all about me. Yet you have the audacity to call me names and act as though you've known me for the entire 12 years I've been a Nexon customer. Your submission and the one you called out are nothing alike. Not even remotely similar. ~ and you not only deserve to be disqualified; you deserve to be banned from both the game and this forum. You need a long vacation and I'm filing a report on the main site right now to make sure it's considered, because you're clearly over the top.

TwizzzlersKeyan the EvanMmMmMystic
  • DaKokoaDaKokoa
    Reactions: 910
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    As the Nova patch is just around the corner, spoilers , I have decided to include the 2 characters that are... let's say.... the protagonists of the update as my drawing.

With my limited knowledge at digital drawing, hopefully you guys can still recognise who they are :D
    0802be4176.jpg

World: Reboot
    IGN: KokoaCrunch
    TheaPus
  • PullaSaurusPullaSaurus
    Reactions: 550
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    23213248_836031036566912_2193819143878392293_o.jpg?oh=3298130f9b9e9b0378d18d48861a89a6&oe=5AAE6963
    23331209_836032506566765_23547258652137228_o.jpg?oh=a4b17b24802b78d2bd831fb79b3fb4c1&oe=5AAD1E4A
    23270439_836032516566764_2621396110422174925_o.jpg?oh=2427da7e94c41289eb51a9ab428682c4&oe=5A9BDADA

IGN: Bunsh
    World: Luna
    JoTheWeirdo
  • FariosFarios
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited November 2017
    xOf0V7B.jpg

World: Bera
    IGN: Farios
    TheaPus
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Reactions: 1,920
    edited November 2017
    Ah darn, I recently started to work on something but I doubt I'll finish it before the date... ah well.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    Ah darn, I recently started to work on something but I doubt I'll finish it before the date... ah well.

We're working on seeing if we can extend the date due to the busy timing of this contest.
    However, we also want to keep it fair at the same time to those who entered already within the specified time so it may not be by much.
    JoTheWeirdo
  • RenniRenni
    edited November 2017
    JXjFDVD.png

12'o'clock:
    TfftVY9.png

Without clock hands:
    7onBxtq.png

IGN: Recalci
    World: Windia
    SqueakKhongiKeyan the EvanAventyrxKiiChanMageOfBattlesTheaPus