[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Minor Patch - October 20, 2016

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited October 2016 in Vault
We will be performing an unscheduled minor patch on Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 4:30 PM Pacific (7:30 PM Eastern). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 2 hours, concluding around 6:30 PM Pacific (9:30 PM Eastern).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Pacific: 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Eastern: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM

What will be unavailable:

- All MapleStory game servers.

Changes and Updates:

• MapleStory will be updated to v.177.2.0.
• The Reboot Master – Class Medal reward can now be redeemed in Reboot world.
• The curse word filters have been reapplied.
• Andersen’s Keys will no longer be dropping when hunting mobs.
• The game will no longer appear black and white while adjusting the Graphics and Effects settings while in Crimsonwood Castle.
• The Stellar Detectives icon will now appear properly.
• Regional IP blocks have been reapplied for certain regions that were incorrectly opened.
SparkzKaneki_Kenliljayyyy

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    ...what is getting fixed o-o
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    prolly a dupe glitch or hack
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited October 2016
    You better not fix the language filter, that's the most fun I've had since Pre-bigbang
    DariusJQuellanMaryselizzybethfightmerlTashieBasuraThe Blue CorsairPhantomMasterThiefDimo_Th3King
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited October 2016
    Thanks as always @OneLetter. Now to catch up on some work!
  • ZeldaOfHyruleZeldaOfHyrule
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    Hope that the crashing issues get fixed. c:
  • BabyBeiberBabyBeiber
    Reactions: 220
    edited October 2016
    Don't tell me this is for the Wedding System??
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Hopefully this addresses the lag at the event hall.
    MuItus
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    iExpodiZz said:

You better not fix the language filter, that's the most fun I've had since Pre-bigbang
    This. Without the filter we can actually talk without having random unnecessary censoring in our messages
    VolumezMarysefightmerlBasuraThe Blue Corsair
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    I hope they dont block brazil, vietnan and europe again, that'll be a problem..... I WAS SO HAPPY ;-;
    DemZakBasuraCáVàng
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    I think something with the CS too. Because everytime I moved 1 item to my character then the item was still in CS slot.. So i always think : How come I have 2 of this item? But then when u put of CS and back , you will only have 1 (the one in your inventory or in CS slot if you put it back before log out from CS shop). This is kinda dangerous loophole .

Well..i think that language filter too.. >.<
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited October 2016
    iExpodiZz said:

It's coming back. Hope everyone got it out of their system. I also wonder how many people know that our standard language rules still applied as they were saying some of those.... choice words. ;)

As a note, we did see all of your comments regarding the language filter and are looking into some potential adjustments to the system.
    MegaScienceDemZakPhantomMasterThief
  • todayYoudieetodayYoudiee
    Reactions: 885
    edited October 2016
    is it related with the ip- restriction release?
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    Leave the censor alone and fix the Haunted House pls.
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

It's coming back.
    So I see the "Like" button and the "Insightful" button, where's the "dislike" one?
    'Cause I dislike this very much.
    Bahamut_XVolumezDariusJQuellanCatoooloooDiannikaparkjinwooふかせMewsDorJettLuvsUand 2 others.
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    iExpodiZz said:

THIS.
    Volumezfightmerl
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    BigDaddyDavid

iExpodiZz said:

This. Without the filter we can actually talk without having random unnecessary censoring in our messages
    Well... and for other reasons ;)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

iExpodiZz said:

It's coming back. Hope everyone got it out of their system. I also wonder how many people know that our standard language rules still applied as they were saying some of those.... choice words.
    Well then... it was good while it lasted.
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

As a note, we did see all of your comments regarding the language filter and are looking into some potential adjustments to the system.
    Will there be notes regarding what was changed during the Unscheduled Minor Patch?
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    People were gonna get bored of this within a week and everything would be back together.
    Honestly I feel like most people on this game are in their 20s, we're not kids anymore guys.
    Now we're gonna have to go back and bypass the crappy censor system because there's some things we can't say even if they are 2 different word or it's within another word (documentary).
    NiightseekerparkjinwoofightmerlSweetheart123
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

iExpodiZz said:

It's coming back. Hope everyone got it out of their system. I also wonder how many people know that our standard language rules still applied as they were saying some of those.... choice words.

I think you shouldn't filter words potentially 'containing' bad words i.e analyse
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

People were gonna get bored of this within a week and everything would be back together.
    Honestly I feel like most people on this game are in their 20s, we're not kids anymore guys.
    Now we're gonna have to go back and bypass the crappy censor system because there's some things we can't say even if they are 2 different word or it's within another word (documentary).
    Sorry Maryse, but for once, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

You've fallen for the typical view that "being an adult" = "saying and doing whatever I want, whenever I want", and that's simply not true. Most professional adults will not tolerate bad language (aka basically every major business in every country), so why should a game tolerate it? Although it's true that filtering words containing swears might cause some confusion, you cannot rationally argue that censoring these words does any harm to anyone. In fact, it does good by making sure the chat stays clean for everyone.
    DemZakKlara
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

iExpodiZz said:

I mean I would understand if you censored ethnic and racial slurs, but come on now, people always find a way past the filter (1f y0u kn0vv wut I me4n),
    and then you try and fight them and we all end up talking like this **** *** ** **** ****** ** ** ***** *** ***** ** *** *** ** ***** *** ****