[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Minor Patch - October 20, 2016

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    But what regions? Does it include the EMS ones as well?
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    This is stupid Nexon, we don't even try to swear and still get censored. Please raise your ratings no 13 year old plays this game anyways.
    fightmerl
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

• Andersen’s Keys will no longer be dropping when hunting mobs.
    Matahary
    Matahary said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

• Regional IP blocks have been reapplied for certain regions that were incorrectly opened.
    WHYYYYY which reagions please
    Probably Vietnam, east and western Europe and Brazil.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016

It has very little to do with social justice, and allot to do with Human Rights. People all over the world are afraid to be themselves, and children decide that life isn't worth living because of social constructs. People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. The online world should be more inclusive then any other place. Your probably voting from Trump.
    Listen, I'm not against LGBT anything, but this isn't the place for this conversation and you're overreacting way too much. Take it elsewhere, please.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016

It has very little to do with social justice, and allot to do with Human Rights. People all over the world are afraid to be themselves, and children decide that life isn't worth living because of social constructs. People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. The online world should be more inclusive then any other place. Your probably voting from Trump.
    It's not about Human Rights.
    There is no human right that states you should be able to virtually marry some random person (Gay or otherwise) in a Game.

and for your information I'm not voting for the Mutant cheeto or the Scheming turd

but an SJW like yourself can't see the difference.

I have many Gay friends and am happy that they can get married IN REAL LIFE where things really matter.

SJW's are always playing the the professionally attacked card and pretend to be speaking for a whole group, it's so childish.

Getting married in this game has no effect on your Human Rights, gay or not. Please do not pretend it does, and as a matter of fact please do not pretend you "know" me.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016

I hope that you guys don't re-enable word regarding the LGBT community,
    because now that it was removed, and if those words return ill just forward this to various LGBT action groups.

I find it somewhat sad that words like Gay, Homosexual, etc are censored. Side Note, why no gay marriage? Is it just Nexon America thats disgusted with the idea or all of Nexon inc.?
    Looks like we got an SJW on our hands.
    NB4 request for a "Safe space" forum

:T meanwhile...I still wanna say Mabi is pretty dang lenient...and get yo politics out of mah Maple :P
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Update - Here are the changes in this Minor patch:

• The Reboot Master – Class Medal reward can now be redeemed in Reboot world.
    • The curse word filters have been reapplied.
    • The game will no longer appear black and white while adjusting the Graphics and Effects settings while in Crimsonwood Castle.
    • The Stellar Detectives icon will now appear properly.
    • Regional IP blocks have been reapplied for certain regions that were incorrectly opened.
    Is this an adjusted filter or the one we had before the patch?
    BabyBeiber

Censorship shouldn't be removed. Although there are kids playing this game who are under 18. Maplestory also has gambling in the game, such as Gachapon / Premium Cash Boxes, and Cubing. Shouldn't they remove that too? If they going to remove censorship back to the way it was, and go back to Pre-BigBang MS.
    The censor was worse pre-BB. It gave you an error message and erased your message if it detected profanity.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited October 2016
    What about this bug? forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/924/duplicates-in-cashshop#latest
    This is annoying since I won't be able to play in the next two weeks and I want some things from the cash shop.
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    Why not make the censor option toggle-able? (disabled by default, enabled by user)
    MaryseUzumeNiightseekerIts2Sharp4ULeyarooふかせfightmerlBasura
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    @OneLetter
    No fix for the game crashing when attacking the mobs in the Haunted Mansion?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Listen, I'm not against LGBT anything, but this isn't the place for this conversation and you're overreacting way too much. Take it elsewhere, please.
    It's a goddamn video game. It has no basis in real life, and as such there is absolutely no need to force real-life issues upon it. If Nexon decides to allow for same-sex marriages, great! If they don't, oh well.

Honestly, what does it say about you as a person(and member of the LGBT community) if you get all fussed up over something in a video game?

Alex, I'll repeat this for you. This is a video game. Are you seriously trying to pull the human rights card on a video game set in a virtual, make-believe world?
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016

I hope that you guys don't re-enable word regarding the LGBT community,
    because now that it was removed, and if those words return ill just forward this to various LGBT action groups.

I find it somewhat sad that words like Gay, Homosexual, etc are censored. Side Note, why no gay marriage? Is it just Nexon America thats disgusted with the idea or all of Nexon inc.?
    Looks like we got an SJW on our hands.
    NB4 request for a "Safe space" forum

more, not "allot"
    "People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. " - I can't even begin to tell you how to fix that sentence.
    Than, not "then"
    You're, not "your"
    For, not "from".

And also, take a look at fixing this too:
    "It has very little to do with social justice, and allot to do with Human Rights. People all over the world are afraid to be themselves, and children decide that life isn't worth living because of social constructs. People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. The online world should be more inclusive then any other place. Your probably voting from Trump"
    Nothing else was wrong grammatically, it was just utter nonsense.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

Why not make the censor option toggle-able? (disabled by default, enabled by user)
    This this this.
    We've been saying this for years now. Now's the best time to do that.
    Niightseeker

@OneLetter
    No fix for the game crashing when attacking the mobs in the Haunted Mansion?
    Or fixing the chest issue when attempting to retrieve the dress.
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/server-status#show-servers=0

Why do the servers say online, yet we can't login :(
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    DariusJQuellan

more, not "allot"
    "People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. " - I can't even begin to tell you how to fix that sentence.
    Than, not "then"
    You're, not "your"
    For, not "from".

And also, take a look at fixing this too:
    "It has very little to do with social justice, and allot to do with Human Rights. People all over the world are afraid to be themselves, and children decide that life isn't worth living because of social constructs. People like you, specifically, don't help anyone and just further tell these people that who they are is wrong. The online world should be more inclusive then any other place. Your probably voting from Trump"
    Nothing else was wrong grammatically, it was just utter nonsense.
    Don't cut yourself on that edge.
    You didn't even bring anything to the conversation, just criticized someone else's grammar.
    BasuraCatooolooo
  • LeyarooLeyaroo
    Reactions: 750
    edited October 2016
    SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

They NEED to make this happen.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    DariusJQuellan

http://maplestory.nexon.net/server-status#show-servers=0

Why do the servers say online, yet we can't login :(
    Either they forgot to switch the statuses to offline/maintenance or they're testing something with the servers being online while preventing public access.
  • GhostriderGhostrider
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    @OneLetter - Thanks for the heads up and update. Just ignore these whiners, I was going sick of the fitter anyways.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    Ghostrider

@OneLetter - Thanks for the heads up and update. Just ignore these whiners, I was going sick of the fitter anyways.
    I wouldn't call them whiners, it's a serious issue. Other games that have a filter (like Mabinogi, for example, another game by Nexon..) have a much better filter and even shows you when something you say is censored! But as the filter is right now in MapleStory, and how they set it up, it'd be better to either be gone or have a toggle.
    Niightseeker
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Update - Here are the changes in this Minor patch:

• The Reboot Master – Class Medal reward can now be redeemed in Reboot world.
    • The curse word filters have been reapplied.
    • The game will no longer appear black and white while adjusting the Graphics and Effects settings while in Crimsonwood Castle.
    • The Stellar Detectives icon will now appear properly.
    ok, im EXTREMELY happy stellar detective is going back where it belongs (any news on masteria and mushroom shrine tales?) and the reboot medal

But seriously? Nothing is being done about the massive number of crashes leading people to not be able to do events? The glitched quest in haunted mansion? the fubar with the high school event end?

stellar detective and the medal are the only NECESSARY changes in this, where are the ones that totally bleeped people over? why arent they being fixed?

(i know yall here are only the messengers. Not mad at you, mad at them, but you are the ones we get to talk to about it)