[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So what's up with this NGS hacking detected junk?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Logging on characters on an account that have not been for a long time and keep being d/c by the GM Police for the Hack reason as soon as I log on to each character for the first time. Then I get completely kicked with a notice that says NGS hacking detected? How am I hacking when all I'm doing is logging on to characters to see what is in their inventories. I'm not even in the field with monsters!!! Any ideas? I better not get perm banned on this account!

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2018
    oh boy...
    i dont need the flashbacks of what we just got out of..
    giphy.gif
    NyvorHolyWatersazzacura
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited April 2018
    Yikes. Definitely ask nexon.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2018
    What programs are you running aside maple?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2018
    AVG...
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2018
    NGS hacking detected usually mean it detected a really suspicious program (that probably on a blacklist or displaying suspicious behavior) on your computer that is currently running (it show the memory location of the suspicious program).

I highly recommend shutting down your computer to ensure the suspicious program stop running (if you are on window 8/10, do a full shutdown instead so it doesn't keep the suspicious program in memory due to hybrid boot)

If it still persist, then you probably have a program that auto start when you computer boots up.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I got the GM Hack reason disconnect while doing minigames as someone timed out (Reverse game).

Didn't get NGS'd though.
    edited April 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    AVG...

try disabling it, and see if it stops giving you the message. If it does, we'll know also that that is what got you banned last time. Windows Defender is pretty much all you need.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    AVG...

try disabling it, and see if it stops giving you the message. If it does, we'll know also that that is what got you banned last time. Windows Defender is pretty much all you need.

Go to AVG Settings and Temporarily Disable it for a set amount of time, and make sure you have Maplestory as an exception in Windows Firewall. AVG active shields conflict with Nexons security program Black Cypher.

I made a suggestion on the forums that even Windows Defender active shields is conflicting with Nexons Black Cypher Security program.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19069/please-extend-events-due-to-bugs-glitches#latest

After I disabled Windows Defender permanently (through the registry) I had no problems with it conflicting with the game. But, I am willing to bet a lot of people do not know that Windows Defender could be causing connection issues with the game as well.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2018
    Even with everything disable, you still can get the NGS Hacking and the Hack Reason Error Messages. Those message will appear if someone disconnects from the game with poor internet connection, lag spikes, and etc..
    edited April 2018
    I don't have problems with NGS even with windows defender, so she shouldn't either even without making exception in the firewall.
    It's AVG that's the issue for her, as recently she was falsely banned, and that may have also been the cause of it. And she mentioned it's whenever she logs into characters from an unused account, at point of log in, she gets the NGS message.
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 990
    edited April 2018
    Well I can confirm that I had the same issue and it does not affect accounts that haven't been on for x amount of time but rather the CHARACTERS.

If you haven't login on the character for a while, it will DC you with " You have been disconnected by GM police for the hack reason " error and than when you log back on that same character it fixes the issue... other character if you play frequently on them, shouldn't be affected so this only affect a small amount of players or returning players.. I spoke with a GM On the live chat in the ban appeal section and he confirmed to me that no sanction are imposed on the account/characters affected. ( At least on my account ) So all I can guess here is that this is false positive that nexon need to fix.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2018
    After I got the NGS notice it stopped happening. Those characters had not been on for almost a year or more. Really need to fix that.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2018
    you should be careful in your task manager it should list all running programs shut down your pc and see if they leave if they dont that look weird there can either be a virus or something else. I have a friend who had something running he wasn't in maple and the hack shields perma ban him. The game isn't running to well and the hack shield is banning anything and everything. so i advise you to be careful.