[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Rargzs wrote: »
    Ok. But it isn't a strawman. I did not claim you intended for the resources to stay the same. I only brought about my concern on the resources being distributed fairly and expanded on the topic. Trying to have a civil conversation, but you seem to be getting offended and claiming strawman over and over again (This statement would be a strawman if any).

    I was not offended, more like puzzled.
    Why would you even bother to object (or "bring up your concern") to something that was never suggested, and that there was never any reason to think would happen?
    That's about the same as saying, "I'm ok with there being a small server, but object to child labor being used to install it."


    NicholasB wrote: »
    Am I the only one who noticed that people from Nexon (like AKrai...) doesn't want to merge worlds? I think... it's pretty much say everything... (that Nexon DOES NOT want to merge worlds, but of course they'd bring up the "real" reason that they just "want an empty server" so they "can train alone without anyone bother them nor take their map"..... I'm truly sorry but I don't buy that.... -_-

    VFMs are not "people from Nexon."
    VFMs are, first and foremost, MapleStory players.
    As players, we have our own preferences. During the last World Leap event, some VFMs chose to Leap to Bera, some chose to stay in other worlds. Because, just like the other players who were active during the Leap event, some wanted to go somewhere more populated, and some were content where they were.
    You and your friends can keep saying "everybody wants all worlds merged together," but that is simply, factually, incorrect.

    As for what "Nexon wants", you're going to have to refer to Arwoo's post in this very thread.

    pepe wrote: »
    it's been 11 pages, where are ya Savage

    First a VFM responds, and you guys go "We want someone from Nexon".
    Then Arwoo responds, and now it's "where are ya Savage"?
    I can only assume that if SavageAce tells you the same thing I and Arwoo did, you'll demand to hear it from the CEO of Nexon.

    Try having a bit of patience. The last thing any of us wants is for Nexon to do something hasty and irreversible that makes us all suffer.
    For example, Bera right now is extremely laggy, with some channels needing to be restarted every day. This is definitely not the environment you'd want to cram everyone into.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    While I agree with you on the patience thing with merges, I need to point out that the instability and latency issues in Bera and other servers right now are hardly due to population and varies very little between peak hours and dead hours. It was perfectly fine (by MapleStory standards) before 2 months ago. Nexon restarting random channels on the daily for two weeks now is more like a bandaid fix since they can't seem to figure out a permanent solution to whatever is causing it. Perhaps it's a sudden influx of bots, perhaps it's some issue on Nexon's side or a bug.
    Whatever it is, I disagree with it being used as a cautionary example for not merging "dead" servers as this should not be the norm for any decently populated server to begin with, and it hasn't been a huge problem prior to these recent issues despite the population.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    While I agree with you on the patience thing with merges, I need to point out that the instability and latency issues in Bera and other servers right now are hardly due to population and varies very little between peak hours and dead hours. It was perfectly fine (by MapleStory standards) before 2 months ago. Nexon restarting random channels on the daily for two weeks now is more like a bandaid fix since they can't seem to figure out a permanent solution to whatever is causing it. Perhaps it's a sudden influx of bots, perhaps it's some issue on Nexon's side or a bug.
    Whatever it is, I disagree with it being used as a cautionary example for not merging "dead" servers as this should not be the norm for any decently populated server to begin with, and it hasn't been a huge problem prior to these recent issues despite the population.

    Sorry if it sounded like I was saying it was due to overpopulation.
    Just saying that even if they wanted to make a merge, they can't do it until they figure out what causes servers to freak out.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 66
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello.
    Before I begin, I'd like to ask you (he/she knows exactly I'm talking about him/her...) not to remove/delete/move my thread, I do not break any rules and this is my right to post this kind of thread, thank you.

    By definition, a MMORPG (Massive-Multiplayer-Online-Role-Playing-Game) requires a large community hence massive. Maplestory is a MMORPG and by its standards should provide an environment for a MMORPG player base. People should play however they want to play, but only within the game's design, which maple is designed as a MMORPG and a social one at that.

    I did not mean community size was the main argument for me, it seems to be the main argument the opposition uses. It is my weakest understanding so I addressed it last. There will be a little bit of negatives to a bigger server, but there will also be a lot of positives.
    Botters will have a harder time. More people in a server means more people the bots have to avoid to not get banned.
    In addition, it will be easier to que for Lotus and other bosses and even the new boss that is coming out, since even for simple/regular bosses such as Zakum, etc, I can't really que at all.... unless I'll wait a couple of hours....

    Also, the things I meant as childish are the rankings, not being able to ignore "drama smegas" and who has a bigger E-peen.

    Okay. you want a small community to play with. Sure, you can have it, but Nexon shouldn't provide equal resources to your server compared to the larger server. A lot of the resources should be allocated to the server merger. Instead of a multiple server community like GRAZED, there should just be one small server with channels proportional to the small population. It isn't fair to demand a small server and the resources of a large server community too.

    You can't really ignore the majority which wants to have a merge, also Nexon can always make a poll or something like that in order to see that I was right about it.
    As I've mentioned above, Maplestory is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games that requires a very large community hence massive, so basically without that, it's basically no longer MapleStory, believe it or not, but without a large community hence massive, it's really not MapleStory....
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    Before I begin, I'd like to ask you (he/she knows exactly I'm talking about him/her...) not to remove/delete/move my thread, I do not break any rules and this is my right to post this kind of thread, thank you.

    I am sorry, but the forum Code of Conduct requires me to merge your thread with the other thread on the same topic. Each and every one of your arguments has already been made there (and responded to).
    I know you want extra attention and for your points to not be lost in a 12-page thread - but so does everyone else.
    Spamming
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
    - Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed.

    Thank you for your understanding.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Sorry if it sounded like I was saying it was due to overpopulation.
    Just saying that even if they wanted to make a merge, they can't do it until they figure out what causes servers to freak out.

    Yeah that's fair. They're probably waiting to see what the summer numbers are gonna look like for each server before making decisions on what should be merged too.
    I also agree that people should have a choice when it comes to selecting a higher or lower population server to play in, it's just that the current low is not healthy with people struggling to find various items in the market, active guilds and partners for events.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.

    In other words, we're all crazy, we're all wrong, alright, thank you.
    And as other people said, MapleStory is a MMORPG, which means it must be with as many people as possible, I'm sorry but you have to deal with the facts and reality.

    Trying to make this game as empty and dead as your server? sure thing, watch Nexon slowly close it, because no $
    The majority doesn't like to be alone, and doesn't want to, that's so simple....
    You simply igoring the majority, calling them crazy people, only for your (and your other friends, also how many ppl has said they doesn't want Merge? like 3? 4? 5?, ask Nexon to make a poll and just watch the results...) own self.
    Cadena91
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.

    In other words, we're all crazy, we're all wrong, alright, thank you.
    And as other people said, MapleStory is a MMORPG, which means it must be with as many people as possible, I'm sorry but you have to deal with the facts and reality.

    Trying to make this game as empty and dead as your server? sure thing, watch Nexon slowly close it, because no $
    The majority doesn't like to be alone, and doesn't want to, that's so simple....
    You simply igoring the majority, calling them crazy people, only for your (and your other friends, also how many ppl has said they doesn't want Merge? like 3? 4? 5?, ask Nexon to make a poll and just watch the results...) own self.

    Quit the dramatics, If I were calling you crazy, I would've said it, the point I'm making is Majority isn't always right. There's no facts to what you say. I understand you want to play in a populated world and by all means, you should be able to. No one is denying you that, ask for another transfer and this time, don't miss it. Simple as that. The majority of what exactly? people on this thread? because the majority of the playerbase is already amongst a large population in Bera, they didn't miss the transfer event, only the few of you talking about wanting a merge missed it. As far as I'm, concerned, it's about even here on the thread.

    You realize whether the worlds are merged or not, all money still goes to the same place even if the NX buyers aren't from the same world, if someone from Bera buys NX and someone from Renegades buys NX, the money still goes to Nexon. and people in "dead" servers still buy NX. Polls can be manipulated and can be misleading if they aren't worded properly. And studies show, most people tend to not answer polls, which skews results. As for the last part, a lot of maplestory players tend not to voice their opinions on the forum or discord or reddit. It's always the same people that either want the merge or don't want it. Nothing new about this.
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.

    In other words, we're all crazy, we're all wrong, alright, thank you.
    And as other people said, MapleStory is a MMORPG, which means it must be with as many people as possible, I'm sorry but you have to deal with the facts and reality.

    Trying to make this game as empty and dead as your server? sure thing, watch Nexon slowly close it, because no $
    The majority doesn't like to be alone, and doesn't want to, that's so simple....
    You simply igoring the majority, calling them crazy people, only for your (and your other friends, also how many ppl has said they doesn't want Merge? like 3? 4? 5?, ask Nexon to make a poll and just watch the results...) own self.

    Besides end game bosses, what do people do together in this game that is party-optional and more efficient in a party than alone? I'm genuinely curious; maybe I'm missing some crucial detail.

    And please, stop with the hyperbolic claims. You do not know if, overall, you are in the majority or not, and you cannot legitimately gauge this information. If you think the "3, 4, or 5" of us in this thread that are against merging everything are representative of the overall population, then you are sorely mistaken. Simply ignoring the people who disagree with your argument is no better than this "majority" that you speak of getting ignored. I do not think that anyone here that disagrees with merges believes that the game should just be left alone anyways. There are compromises that can be made, from world merges to leaps to a combination of both (if Nexon is able to pull that off, anyways).
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.

    In other words, we're all crazy, we're all wrong, alright, thank you.
    And as other people said, MapleStory is a MMORPG, which means it must be with as many people as possible, I'm sorry but you have to deal with the facts and reality.

    Trying to make this game as empty and dead as your server? sure thing, watch Nexon slowly close it, because no $
    The majority doesn't like to be alone, and doesn't want to, that's so simple....
    You simply igoring the majority, calling them crazy people, only for your (and your other friends, also how many ppl has said they doesn't want Merge? like 3? 4? 5?, ask Nexon to make a poll and just watch the results...) own self.

    Quit the dramatics, If I were calling you crazy, I would've said it, the point I'm making is Majority isn't always right. There's no facts to what you say. I understand you want to play in a populated world and by all means, you should be able to. No one is denying you that, ask for another transfer and this time, don't miss it. Simple as that. The majority of what exactly? people on this thread? because the majority of the playerbase is already amongst a large population in Bera, they didn't miss the transfer event, only the few of you talking about wanting a merge missed it. As far as I'm, concerned, it's about even here on the thread.

    You realize whether the worlds are merged or not, all money still goes to the same place even if the NX buyers aren't from the same world, if someone from Bera buys NX and someone from Renegades buys NX, the money still goes to Nexon. and people in "dead" servers still buy NX. Polls can be manipulated and can be misleading if they aren't worded properly. And studies show, most people tend to not answer polls, which skews results. As for the last part, a lot of maplestory players tend not to voice their opinions on the forum or discord or reddit. It's always the same people that either want the merge or don't want it. Nothing new about this.

    My biggest fear, is that this compromise is going to be just merging khaini with another dead server in which case we are stuck with the same situation, that leaves us with nothing but meso advertisers. Im pretty sure Khaini is already merged with another world and its pitiful. All that needs to be done to prove that the mass merge idea as not well thought is for Nexon to release some statistics, like on average how many people even play this game at any given time, or a rough estimation of each server. If the numbers are larger than I think i will gladly concede that no mass merge should be done. However all I can look at is the bars that are filled in proportion to the number of people in a channel when you click on a server. All I can conclude from that is everything is dead
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the majority once thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and The Sun revolved around it. Sometimes, the majority isn't always right.

    In other words, we're all crazy, we're all wrong, alright, thank you.
    And as other people said, MapleStory is a MMORPG, which means it must be with as many people as possible, I'm sorry but you have to deal with the facts and reality.

    Trying to make this game as empty and dead as your server? sure thing, watch Nexon slowly close it, because no $
    The majority doesn't like to be alone, and doesn't want to, that's so simple....
    You simply igoring the majority, calling them crazy people, only for your (and your other friends, also how many ppl has said they doesn't want Merge? like 3? 4? 5?, ask Nexon to make a poll and just watch the results...) own self.

    Besides end game bosses, what do people do together in this game that is party-optional and more efficient in a party than alone? I'm genuinely curious; maybe I'm missing some crucial detail.

    And please, stop with the hyperbolic claims. You do not know if, overall, you are in the majority or not, and you cannot legitimately gauge this information. If you think the "3, 4, or 5" of us in this thread that are against merging everything are representative of the overall population, then you are sorely mistaken. Simply ignoring the people who disagree with your argument is no better than this "majority" that you speak of getting ignored. I do not think that anyone here that disagrees with merges believes that the game should just be left alone anyways. There are compromises that can be made, from world merges to leaps to a combination of both (if Nexon is able to pull that off, anyways).

    Of course we can't obviously know absolutely and with certainty if the majority of players in dead servers want a merge, maybe if nexon had an in game survey for enough people to participate then maybe we would. Im still willing to bet though, that these threads on this forum and the post on reddit are suggestive of that.

    And should I agree with you and that those of us who do not wish to be in a dead server play the game or want to be in a active guild, or have the possibility of more favorable market, are just playing the game in a faulty or defective way?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.
    DSpellGuyAcgnolia
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    I believe someone said Nexon is monitoring the population, so they would have all the necessary knowledge to answer as to if it a viable option. To me, i i think 3 normal servers or less would be best.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.
This discussion has been closed.