[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game feels like SoloStory now

InovamedInovamed
Reactions: 675
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Well, I played when I was young and back then everyone was doing a lot of PQ's, bossing, and so on together. But now the game feels like a SoloStory - everyone plays alone and solos everything, from bosses to quests, and no one does any party recruitments.
I mean, is the reason because the PQ and boss rewards are bad? Or not meant to be shared or done in a multi-player party?
It's so boring. Why isnt anyone doing party boss runs with 5+ people, or PQ's?
Why isnt Nexon improving the game towards that direction, to encourage partying with others instead of solo everything?
Can anyone explain to me?
Thanks
  1. Does the game feel like this to you too?26 votes
    1. Yes
       81% (21 votes)
    2. No
       19% (5 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Party quests haven't been updated, as far as I know, since the days where they were actually worthwhile to do for more than just the odd event or a codex set. For the rewards you get, in both item and experience, they're simply not worth the time once you have the two monster cards from the dragon rider pq. That's on nexon, mostly.

As for your other points, people do run bosses in parties, but nowadays it's mostly parties of guildmates doing a handful of bosses for daily contribution. Past that, people routinely get together with full parties for the higher-end bosses. No one solos lucid or will because it's easier, they do that just for the bragging rights.

Your guess is as good as mine for why they're ignoring party quests, but it's likely just not worth the time or effort for something that people have shown little interest in. You can go read AK's replies in this thread for better insight to party quests. And if you want any advice for making the game feel less like you're soloing everything, join a guild. If you're on one of the more populous worlds, this'll be no trouble.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited March 2019
    Stubborn thinking on Nexons part.. they have had numerous 'world transfer' events which leave all but 1-2 servers to be entire ghost towns.. You would think they would learn that a server alliance/merge is necessary to accomodate the situation. Alternatively, Nexon has been running 'world transfer' events, ultimately cycling which servers are dead and which are active (i.e. before the oct 2017 world transfer, windia was the most active nonreboot server with Bera being dead.. after the world transfer event, they simply switched spots..) I honestly do not know how Nexon is still trying to run 6 non-reboot servers.. those days have been gone for years, there is clearly some mismanagement of Nexon America, that is without a doubt. They're sleeping on one of their most lucrative assets, look at all the quitting sales on the disc markets.. Oh I forgot, the massive underground market where everyone sells their gear is technically against TOS.. forget that last part..
    WONDERGUY
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited April 2019
    Forgot I made this thread, lol.
    Well, I read your comments and yeah my thoughts are very similar to yours.
    Does anyone of you think there will be another world transfer event, another Character burning event, etc.?
    These events are the only ways to save the population.
    darik
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited April 2019
    Inovamed wrote: »
    Does anyone of you think there will be another world transfer event, another Character burning event, etc.?

Relying on events when there needs to be more fundamental change will only stall the inevitable.
  • InovamedInovamed
    edited April 2019

Relying on events when there needs to be more fundamental change will only stall the inevitable.
    The events I stated are more important. You can make a thousand other changes, but if the world you play on is dead, nothing is fun.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019

The events I stated are more important. You can make a thousand other changes, but if the world you play on is dead, nothing is fun.

The events you stated are nothing but a bandage on a gaping wound. What is a burning event going to do to retain players after they exhaust the burning effect? What is a world transfer going to do beyond shuffling the current problems to different worlds?
    FuhreakWZrk
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

The events you stated are nothing but a bandage on a gaping wound. What is a burning event going to do to retain players after they exhaust the burning effect? What is a world transfer going to do beyond shuffling the current problems to different worlds?

People think they can run a game just because they play it
  • sakiaonosakiaono
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Well, I played when I was young and back then everyone was doing a lot of PQ's, bossing, and so on together. But now the game feels like a SoloStory - everyone plays alone and solos everything, from bosses to quests, and no one does any party recruitments.
    I mean, is the reason because the PQ and boss rewards are bad? Or not meant to be shared or done in a multi-player party?
    Why isnt Nexon improving the game towards that direction, to encourage partying with others instead of solo everything?
    Thanks

they should also have solo versions of PQs like the pyramid
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    sakiaono wrote: »
    Thanks

they should also have solo versions of PQs like the pyramid

Allowing for more party quests to be entered and cleared by a single person isn't going to do much of anything to help the game feeling like a solo experience, friend.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited April 2019
    Thanks

Be carefull about complaining of solo story, considering recent events nexon reads our complains and does w.e they want, imagine they nerf solo exp and ure oblied to party to progress at all time...
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited April 2019
    Feels like solo in the beginning but once you reach a certain point, you need to have a party to clear hard boss content. That's what I enjoy about bossing on Reboot.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Beef wrote: »
    Feels like solo in the beginning but once you reach a certain point, you need to have a party to clear hard boss content. That's what I enjoy about bossing on Reboot.

Endgame bossing parties are borne out of necessity than anything else. What OP is talking about is party play for its own sake. Party quests worth doing, party play bonuses worth making use of, things of that sort.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    Warning: This post is probably gonna be LONG AF. (Didn't wanna make a new thread when an active one exists)
    Maplestory Parties: Suggestions and Analysis

The Problem: Players aren't playing together much anymore outside of bossing.
    The Solution: That is hard to say...there are several ways to go about it. I have only come up with a few suggestions.

Option A: Add Party play to under-utilized maps
    This would for one, help spread the player-base from the most populated maps (I.E: Cavern Lower Path, Chicken Festival 2, Below the Cave) and funnel them into the "Party" maps for people who WANT to play with others. I'd suggest putting them into some of the larger maps in Arcane River for high level players, such as any map in Morass, Various maps in Arcana, Most of Esfera, etc etc, and you can add party play to other maps for the lower players as well. The point of this is to both: bring players together and get them out and about in the world of Maplestory! The best part is...you can choose if you want to go to a party map or stay in the current solo-play meta. This would MAKE a Party meta which would be desperately needed. Party Play would also only be in effect for actively in-combat players, in line with current leeching rules (None of that InmateSearch party mechanics with 1 active and 5 leeches for party play bonus).
    Part B: Arcane River droplet sharing
    This is a bit of an odd choice, but allow Arcane River droplets to be shared across a party similar to Gollux Coins, Yggdrasil Runes, etc. This would allow for players to also come together for a purpose other than grinding exp: To get the valuable droplets! The only big downside to this would be the influx of extra droplets into the markets of Regular servers.
    Option B: Party Quest Revamp
    This is the obvious choice. Revamp the current existing party quests to be viable training methods. This would include a few things, however:
    -Raise EXP given for completion of Party quests.
    -Improve Party quest rewards to be more enticing. Change rewards to be more useful to players. This could include new equip items to replace current rewards, or changing of their stats to make them good filler pieces till Mid-game, or improving the shop to buy things such as: Flames, Occult/Master Cubes, or even things like Nodestones and Arcane Symbols (If a high level PQ is added)
    -Loosen Entry limits. If you want to make Party quests viable again, you need to be able to do them.
    Option C: More Cooperation Based Events
    Arguably the laziest? choice, but it's something that helps people at least meet other players and maybe want to do things together. Think of the Black Mage event, I actually met an old friend that I thought had quit! That was great player cooperation, and about 2/3rds of the event were bearable, although the quests could use tweaking in their difficulty for lower level players, and the ability to create parties would be helpful to increase the desire to play with others. These maps could also be given Party Play to help increase incentive to play on them. Other events such as the BFF Event, Spot the Difference, also encourage player cooperation. Give us more.
    Option D: CWKPQ
    The Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest always required a lot of cooperation. A revamp of this would be appreciated, especially if it gave out good rewards (Maybe GOLLUX RINGS?!) and it could be made into a full raid ala Ursus. Imagine an 18 man group doing a possibly harder, more coordinated CWKPQ. It has been requested in the past to be brought back, even for the retro rewards you could get, such as Spectrum Goggles. While I haven't drawn up a plan on how to make a full revamp of the PQ, its just an idea.

Ultimately, these are all suggestions. Feel free to give your thoughts on them and ideas for improving them.
    SlicedTimeBeefFuhreakxparasite9
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2019
    Dear lord what I would give for Nexon to bring back party play....
    edited April 2019
    party quest with a really hard boss because anything else would be a waste of time
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited April 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Warning: This post is probably gonna be LONG AF. (Didn't wanna make a new thread when an active one exists)
    Maplestory Parties: Suggestions and Analysis

The Problem: Players aren't playing together much anymore outside of bossing.
    The Solution: That is hard to say...there are several ways to go about it. I have only come up with a few suggestions.

Option A: Add Party play to under-utilized maps
    This would for one, help spread the player-base from the most populated maps (I.E: Cavern Lower Path, Chicken Festival 2, Below the Cave) and funnel them into the "Party" maps for people who WANT to play with others. I'd suggest putting them into some of the larger maps in Arcane River for high level players, such as any map in Morass, Various maps in Arcana, Most of Esfera, etc etc, and you can add party play to other maps for the lower players as well. The point of this is to both: bring players together and get them out and about in the world of Maplestory! The best part is...you can choose if you want to go to a party map or stay in the current solo-play meta. This would MAKE a Party meta which would be desperately needed. Party Play would also only be in effect for actively in-combat players, in line with current leeching rules (None of that InmateSearch party mechanics with 1 active and 5 leeches for party play bonus).
    Part B: Arcane River droplet sharing
    This is a bit of an odd choice, but allow Arcane River droplets to be shared across a party similar to Gollux Coins, Yggdrasil Runes, etc. This would allow for players to also come together for a purpose other than grinding exp: To get the valuable droplets! The only big downside to this would be the influx of extra droplets into the markets of Regular servers.
    Option B: Party Quest Revamp
    This is the obvious choice. Revamp the current existing party quests to be viable training methods. This would include a few things, however:
    -Raise EXP given for completion of Party quests.
    -Improve Party quest rewards to be more enticing. Change rewards to be more useful to players. This could include new equip items to replace current rewards, or changing of their stats to make them good filler pieces till Mid-game, or improving the shop to buy things such as: Flames, Occult/Master Cubes, or even things like Nodestones and Arcane Symbols (If a high level PQ is added)
    -Loosen Entry limits. If you want to make Party quests viable again, you need to be able to do them.
    Option C: More Cooperation Based Events
    Arguably the laziest? choice, but it's something that helps people at least meet other players and maybe want to do things together. Think of the Black Mage event, I actually met an old friend that I thought had quit! That was great player cooperation, and about 2/3rds of the event were bearable, although the quests could use tweaking in their difficulty for lower level players, and the ability to create parties would be helpful to increase the desire to play with others. These maps could also be given Party Play to help increase incentive to play on them. Other events such as the BFF Event, Spot the Difference, also encourage player cooperation. Give us more.
    Option D: CWKPQ
    The Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest always required a lot of cooperation. A revamp of this would be appreciated, especially if it gave out good rewards (Maybe GOLLUX RINGS?!) and it could be made into a full raid ala Ursus. Imagine an 18 man group doing a possibly harder, more coordinated CWKPQ. It has been requested in the past to be brought back, even for the retro rewards you could get, such as Spectrum Goggles. While I haven't drawn up a plan on how to make a full revamp of the PQ, its just an idea.

Ultimately, these are all suggestions. Feel free to give your thoughts on them and ideas for improving them.

Option D and also Terminus drop rate
    edited April 2019
    party quest with boss that drops terminus
  • OldMSRulesOldMSRules
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2019
    i mean... they say u cant talk about doing a official classic maplestory server, and they keep copy the same text everytime u bring that up...? because of the code, and i keep ask em where can we discuss about it then and i still dont get any answer, there is litertally over 50k players who wants it back lol
    edited April 2019
    You can talk about it amongst those 50k players that want it fam but not in official forums or discord server

lol 50k players what an absolute exaggeration
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    OldMSRules wrote: »
    i mean... they say u cant talk about doing a official classic maplestory server, and they keep copy the same text everytime u bring that up...? because of the code, and i keep ask em where can we discuss about it then and i still dont get any answer, there is litertally over 50k players who wants it back lol

That's because an individual, who will go unnamed, took it upon himself to never take a hint. No amount of being told it wasn't under consideration in any form or fashion was enough for him. He just kept making thread after thread, frequently derailing unrelated threads with his constant carrying-on. Eventually he started making threads that he thought were cleverly disguised as to fly under the radar. They weren't. He could've had Owen Mahoney come into his thread and tell him that it wasn't going to happen, and his only response would be "yeah well you're only in charge of things over here, what about the people over in Korea?" He simply did not know when to quit. And because of him, the entire subject is DNP.

And to you, the unnamed individual, should you ever read this: you know who you are, and you have no one to blame but yourself.