[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2016
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

when are flag races now? and would've been nice if it was EST I didn't even know what UTC meant until now either way I'm neutral about it because I'm sick of having 2x at 3am EST every weekend when its occurring its basically in favor of all the Californian players because it was originally convenient for both a few years back, I don't understand though why were favoring the new players when they are significantly less-populated then the NA server I've heard. reason I say EST is a good time zone to follow is because then 2x would start midnight EST/reset and that's only 9PST, way better then having reset at 7PM EST(which I'm indifferent about but I feel for the majority of the players in west) and 4pm PST.. I know European players who've not struggled playing on these hours for a decade I don't know why this sudden change..
    The 3AM EST 2x session was created for Australians. Americans on both coasts have the 2PM PST session.
    So you're right they've been favoring the minority of players not the majority, I know quite a lot of Australian players over the years but most of the people I've met are EST/PST and American/Canadian. 3am EST for Australians is like early in the morning I understand that that's extremely convenient for them but it was more convenient for the majority of players when 2x was midnight EST and 9pm PST id think at least. That way it was also 12pm PST/3pm EST. I understand the fact that people do work and go to school. But the game is its most popular at least by double during winter/spring/summer and those times are perfect for those ages imo at least.
    NeverOp
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Kylehell007

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

when are flag races now? and would've been nice if it was EST I didn't even know what UTC meant until now either way I'm neutral about it because I'm sick of having 2x at 3am EST every weekend when its occurring its basically in favor of all the Californian players because it was originally convenient for both a few years back, I don't understand though why were favoring the new players when they are significantly less-populated then the NA server I've heard. reason I say EST is a good time zone to follow is because then 2x would start midnight EST/reset and that's only 9PST, way better then having reset at 7PM EST(which I'm indifferent about but I feel for the majority of the players in west) and 4pm PST.. I know European players who've not struggled playing on these hours for a decade I don't know why this sudden change..
    The 3AM EST 2x session was created for Australians. Americans on both coasts have the 2PM PST session.
    So you're right they've been favoring the minority of players not the majority, I know quite a lot of Australian players over the years but most of the people I've met are EST/PST and American/Canadian. 3am EST for Australians is like early in the morning I understand that that's extremely convenient for them but it was more convenient for the majority of players when 2x was midnight EST and 9pm PST id think at least. That way it was also 12pm PST/3pm EST. I understand the fact that people do work and go to school. But the game is its most popular at least by double during winter/spring/summer and those times are perfect for those ages imo at least.
    Those were never the times.

For many years we only had one 2x session, at 2-4PM PST.
    The Australians complained that this was too early in the morning for them, and especially the Sunday session was on Monday morning for them (so they had to go to school or work), so another session was added, which would be during their evening hours on Saturday and Sunday.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Hi everyone, I have attached a poll to this post. If anyone feels another option should be added, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hi everyone, I have attached a poll to this post. If anyone feels another option should be added, please let me know.

Thanks!
    I'm from California but I think EST time zone should be added as an option to the poll. I believe this is a fairly okay compromise as EST doesn't force PST to adjust too much, and it's slightly closer to EU time zones.
    I would prefer AKradian's option of separating NA and EU with their respective event times though.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Thanks!
    It's missing the option of NA servers using PST and EU server(s) using CET.
    It's also not clear what you mean by "new event times".
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Am I uh... the only one who doesn't see the poll?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    i dont see the poll in the thread.
    BIackbean
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    I had to delete and re-attach the poll to add new options.

Should be up now.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Ah, I see it now
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

It was there a few moments ago...
    I voted none of the above because I believe that it's fine if reset goes back to being PST if people wish for it, but I also believe that there should be more timeslots for events during the european hours in addition to the already existing ones that are currently catering towards the american playerbase. Such as flag race and time-restricted quests. 2x event can stay how it used to be, since those are on the weekends anyway and the two sessions managed to stretch across the timezones pretty well in my experience.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    I mean, let's be honest here. Europeans have probably been playing GMS for ages on either old-enough accounts or VPN services. I'm sure most of them are used to the old time settings of PST and all that. Makes no sense to have it be one way for so many years and then change it out of the blue.

I, and I assume many others, would be fine with this time change if there were a persistent server-time clock as a part of the UI.
    Novasiri
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KeepComingBack

Aggraphine

It was there a few moments ago...
    I voted none of the above because I believe that it's fine if reset goes back to being PST if people wish for it, but I also believe that there should be more timeslots for events during the european hours in addition to the already existing ones that are currently catering towards the american playerbase. Such as flag race and time-restricted quests. 2x event can stay how it used to be, since those are on the weekends anyway and the two sessions managed to stretch across the timezones pretty well in my experience.
    I agree that regardless of the timezone used on the server, as little content as possible should have time-of-day restrictions.
    Lilyflower
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

I mean, let's be honest here. Europeans have probably been playing GMS for ages on either old-enough accounts or VPN services. I'm sure most of them are used to the old time settings of PST and all that. Makes no sense to have it be one way for so many years and then change it out of the blue.

I, and I assume many others, would be fine with this time change if there were a persistent server-time clock as a part of the UI.
    that and changing all the time scheduled content in the game to be at the times they use to be at, at least for NA servers
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    I feel so welcomed.

I think that both servers should have their own times then everyone is happy.
  • TorpeTorpe
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    I think there is an option missing there that should be "fix the event hall lag or put the magical moon bunny outside the event hall"
  • morkmork
    Reactions: 690
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    would make sense that we all had our own server times =)
    i feel so happy with my new home =)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Was going to change my poll vote to "5. Use PST for the North American server and Central European Time (CET) for the European server." but I was unable to.

Global and Europe should have their own time-zones. But I am also in support of AKradian's 24/7 on certain things that are restricted by portions of the day. Such as Flag Race, Kritias Invasions, Events, etc.
    Kylehell007Lilyflower
  • PellinoPellino
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    plz no pst for Europe T-T
    Kylehell007
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    Let gms have their time in pst and let Luna have cet since this will not create confusion when it comes to events like flagrace,X2 events and so on cause we will have them in times we all know since before.
    Yes @aggraphine some europe players have been on the gms servers before but that doesnt inclueding everyone, and some people have never used pst in their life, so simplast solution for everyone is to let the 2 regions have 2 different timezones let europe use cet like it always have been for the past 8 years and let gms use pst like they have been for the past 10+ years?

Its2Sharp4UKylehell007Lilyflowerdeadend5193