[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v178 V: Limitless

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited November 2016 in Vault
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17929/

If you have questions on the patch notes feel free to ask them here. I'll work on getting answers in a timely manner.

Thanks!
NeospectorAkihikoT_AustereUzuugaLâmNhãYếngorateronHyper_XDreamWeaverJayanglesKingOfZorb

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Inventory size increase not coming with this patch?

Just two bug fixes?

And what about the server clock? Will it be moved back to PST or is it staying UTC?
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited November 2016
    It's there. It's under 'A Better Maple'.

The content itself doesn't get me hyped, but auction house, the coin shop, hot week (Maple Points FTW!!), the stuff under 'A Better Maple', and the Play V event look AWESOME.
    Regardless, it's a PATCH. Thanksgiving events are boring. >_<;.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

They're listed here, on the main site instead.
    The maximum number of slots for Equip, Use, Setup, and Storage Room is expanded to 128.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

AKradian
    AKradian said:

They're listed here, on the main site instead.
    The maximum number of slots for Equip, Use, Setup, and Storage Room is expanded to 128.
    Yeah, missed it because I was CTRL+F for "inventory".
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Any updates on the situation with the lag in the Event Hall? Is it going to be fixed in the V update?

Also, for future maintenances, will more bugs be fixed, or are the Kaiser Dragon Link skill and the White Cube working on locked items the only fixes we'll have for a while?
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    omggg im hyped but WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYY ALL OF THE V EVENT ARE FOR NEWLY CREATED CHARACTERS PER ACCOUNT T_T i was so excited that i can have a chance to lvl up my other characters but now reading the notes i became dissapointed a bit
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Is the max character slots going up? if not what is the current cap? I can't find it anywhere.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Is the max character slots going up? if not what is the current cap? I can't find it anywhere.
    Current cap is 40.
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited November 2016
    When will Reboot have DMT? and is 5th job and the new continent coming December 14th/15th?
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Nice to see that the coin shop is located in places OUTSIDE of the Event Hall.

Also concerned about the Event Hall lag. Because I think it's ridiculous that I wasn't able to convert ANY of my old coins (I have around 2k old coins I could have converted) that I wasn't able to because of that lag. And I know I'm not the only one affected by this.
    chaoscauserCatoooloooLâmNhãYếnPlasticHolly
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    can I get a confirmation of if you can sell CS items in the Auction house or only chairs and things from surprise style boxes? it's not entirely clear but before anyone gets their hopes up and before the EU players get their hopes up for having the ability to sell Cash stuff again, I want a clearer understanding. I also want to make sure it's not some kind of typo.
    gamechanger
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    ty @akradian

2nd question, which idk if it'll be in this patch or not, but are they gonna fix the fact that spirit frenzy doesn't do damage?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Volumez
    Volumez said:

When will Reboot have DMT? and is 5th job and the new continent coming December 14th/15th?
    DMT will be coming to all worlds when they announce it and it's been confirmed 5th job is coming on the 15th of Dec, they said as much in the 5th job reservation pack details.
    Volumez
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Volumez
    Volumez said:

DMT will be coming to all worlds when they announce it and it's been confirmed 5th job is coming on the 15th of Dec, they said as much in the 5th job reservation pack details.
    Alright good to know, thanks!
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2016
    Will the Ice Chair be available to be bought from Santa in Happyville this year? I was really looking forward to it but it's not in the patch notes. ;_; Could it please be added?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

Will the Ice Chair be available to be bought from Santa in Happyville this year? I was really looking forward to it but it's not in the patch notes. ;_; Could it please be added?
    It's been missing for the past two years at least, so I doubt we're getting it this time.
    Can't for the life of me figure out why.
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I was hoping with the addition of his 5th job skill, there would've been some kind of revamp for Jett. Oh well, still looking forward to the update tomorrow. :)
  • DedicatedBMDedicatedBM
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    What exactly does less restrictive mean for hard magnus? Do i still need to wait certain time and bring X partyembers? Please i wanna know exctly what to do
    gamechanger
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    DedicatedBM

What exactly does less restrictive mean for hard magnus? Do i still need to wait certain time and bring X partyembers? Please i wanna know exctly what to do

I hope it means removed tbh
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    "*Drop restrictions for some boss fights have been adjusted to be less restrictive.

-This affects: Hard Magnus, Chaos Von Bon, Chaos Pierre, Chaos Crimson Queen, Chaos Vellum, and Madman Ranmaru."

Are you guys kidding? that's all the information we getting about changes for magnus??

So.. if i go in solo and kill him in 4 mins, will i get drops? and if i wont get the drop, will it count as a kill and i will have to wait one more week to figure out what the new restrictions????

give more information !