[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    wow, this change came with no warning what-so-ever

gives me flashbacks of Aurtax
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Good job Nexon! You really like to dig your own grave, always fire your competent employees... really good move indeed! Your CM should had have a promotion, and not being fired.
    Lilyflower
  • AustereUzuugaAustereUzuuga
    Reactions: 615
    edited December 2016
    That's really unfortunate. KThxBaiNao seemed like the only one who worked there that actually cared about player experience and they let him go.

I hope the next CM is at least as caring as he is, and that KThxBaiNao finds a place that appreciates his efforts
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Zerul said:

Hime - Quit
    Aurtax - Fired
    MysteryMask - Quit
    Jellysomethin - Fired?
    Artasi - Quit
    KThxBaiNao - Fired
    Mysterymask didn't quit, she just is CM of a different game now.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    I'm gunna go make like 4 new forum accounts to cry over the "SOBBING WOOOS" I have for this "UNFORTUNATE" "UNJUST" "INNAPROPRIATE" response from the Nexon official team. I miss all the not-attention that #KAYETHANKYOUGOODBYENOW treated us with. the hundreds of unkempt promises or basically lies to get our hopes up or see if were not dumb enough to catch on. cya little BOY!
  • ElyscentElyscent
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    Oh boy, I don't know where to start but firing your only CM in such a dark time like this with major bugs going on and lots of chaos within the community was the ultimate big mistake. It was your own screw-up who did this and now you're fireing innocent people because they wanted to assist people with their issues? When will you take responsibility for what happened and actually do something about it, deal with your flaws and improve to give others a better service especially for those who've spent tons of money on this game.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    Elyscent
    Elyscent said:

Oh boy, I don't know where to start but firing your only CM in such a dark time like this with major bugs going on and lots of chaos within the community was the ultimate big mistake. It was your own screw-up who did this and now you're fireing innocent people because they wanted to assist people with their issues? When will you take responsibility for what happened and actually do something about it, deal with your flaws and improve to give others a better service especially for those who've spent tons of money on this game.
    YA IT IS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE WILL BE POSTING LIKE 1ST TIME EVER ON MULE ACCOUNTS SPAMMINGLY FOR HOURS/DAYS CRYING OVER THIS NOT EVEN A MINORLY BAD DECISION ON NEXONS PART. NO WE NEED SOMONE QUALIFIED. NOT SOME PUNK TEEN WHO THINKS HE CAN RUN A MULTI-NATION GAME CAUSE HES POPULAR IN HIS SERVER FOR HENE-HOEING. NAH. RUN

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

I'm just so sad now I cannot follow KAY THANK YOU GOODBYE NOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA STREAMS AND LIKE ALL HIS POSTS RELATED TO MAPLE OR ANYTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE(WHICH NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW) WHAT AM I GUNNA DO NOW? DO I RELLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO GRADING MY CHILDRENS TEST PAPERS AND CORRECTING THE MISTAKE NAO FOR NOW GIVING THEM A -2 PTS PER LINE AND GIVING THEM ANOTHER -2 POINTS FOR SAYING BYE "BAI"? SOUNDS LIKE BAE? HM. such a shame such a huge shame, shame, shame. I mean even though he never got back to us with anything he still was cool 2 follow on twitta and reddit and cray stuffz like that. didn't help me one time. in fact had a lot of issues with him, but not that hes not a twitter GOD I'm so over him LF> new Korean idols
    We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us.
    I have no idea what kind of "management" you expect a CM to do to the community. Herd us?

Personally, I don't like memes and I found Michael's videos cringeworthy, but I can see beyond that to the actual work he did.
    A CM has very little power. He's just an ambassador. A go-between the company and the community. His ability to solve our issues with the game is extremely limited. KThxBaiNao at least understood what those issues were, and was able to assign them priorities and explain them to the dev team. For issues internal to NexonNA he did more than that. He helped many people who were wrongfully banned or had other personal customer-support issues, get those issues actually looked at instead of brushed off. He rearranged the forums and added the "forwarded issues" lists to help with transparency. He got items on sale in the Cash Shop that we asked for (for example, right now we have the Mix Dye Coupon added, that was suggested on this forum). True, he can't fix servers and he can't fix bugs and when he gets incorrect answers from the devs he passes them on unknowingly, but no other CM could do any better in those regards. And yeah, he couldn't keep up, but none of them ever did. The workload is too much for one person.

Anyway, I don't know why he got fired.
    It may be because he pushed too hard for everyone else in the company to do their jobs and fix the game or treat the players fairly.
    It may be because he was unable to be in California and therefore unable to do parts of his job (most notable, or at least most visible: he was unable to stream the V update, so those two clowns had to, resulting in a PR disaster; and he could not provide us with updates during the long night maintenances, so OneLetter had to do that).
    It might even be something stupid like some high muck-a-muck calling a meeting and firing Michael in a fit of pique when he couldn't physically attend.

But regardless of the reason, I still feel he was one of the best CMs we ever had, and definitely cared the most about the game and players. And I fear that, if that was the reason he was let go, then our next CM is sure to be an apathetic bureaucrat.
    KeepComingBackTemptationIts2Sharp4UNiightseekerIvangoldContrastOrionTempestAustereUzuugaJettLuvsUPonPonand 5 others.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    We'll miss him. But what will happen next?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

We'll miss him. But what will happen next?
    Now we wait (at least until after New Year's, in my estimation, probably longer).
    We will get other people, such as OneLetter or Sabina, posting announcements (that are copies of the ones on the site) and maybe a very rare "we're looking into this" in a very long and irate thread.
    We will have no interaction, no transparency, no communication with Nexon. We can keep posting here but it will be the same as any other user forum, like Basil or reddit: Maplers helping and/or entertaining Maplers as best we can. The VFM's might be able to pass the most important issues on and maybe get a rare response, but I'm not counting on it.
    And then, at some point, we'll get a new full-time CM, and we'll see what they're like.
    PlasticHolly
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

I'm just so sad now I cannot follow KAY THANK YOU GOODBYE NOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA STREAMS AND LIKE ALL HIS POSTS RELATED TO MAPLE OR ANYTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE(WHICH NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW) WHAT AM I GUNNA DO NOW? DO I RELLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO GRADING MY CHILDRENS TEST PAPERS AND CORRECTING THE MISTAKE NAO FOR NOW GIVING THEM A -2 PTS PER LINE AND GIVING THEM ANOTHER -2 POINTS FOR SAYING BYE "BAI"? SOUNDS LIKE BAE? HM. such a shame such a huge shame, shame, shame. I mean even though he never got back to us with anything he still was cool 2 follow on twitta and reddit and cray stuffz like that. didn't help me one time. in fact had a lot of issues with him, but not that hes not a twitter GOD I'm so over him LF> new Korean idols
    We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us.
    I have no idea what kind of "management" you expect a CM to do to the community. Herd us?

Personally, I don't like memes and I found Michael's videos cringeworthy, but I can see beyond that to the actual work he did.
    A CM has very little power. He's just an ambassador. A go-between the company and the community. His ability to solve our issues with the game is extremely limited. KThxBaiNao at least understood what those issues were, and was able to assign them priorities and explain them to the dev team. For issues internal to NexonNA he did more than that. He helped many people who were wrongfully banned or had other personal customer-support issues, get those issues actually looked at instead of brushed off. He rearranged the forums and added the "forwarded issues" lists to help with transparency. He got items on sale in the Cash Shop that we asked for (for example, right now we have the Mix Dye Coupon added, that was suggested on this forum). True, he can't fix servers and he can't fix bugs and when he gets incorrect answers from the devs he passes them on unknowingly, but no other CM could do any better in those regards. And yeah, he couldn't keep up, but none of them ever did. The workload is too much for one person.

Anyway, I don't know why he got fired.
    It may be because he pushed too hard for everyone else in the company to do their jobs and fix the game or treat the players fairly.
    It may be because he was unable to be in California and therefore unable to do parts of his job (most notable, or at least most visible: he was unable to stream the V update, so those two clowns had to, resulting in a PR disaster; and he could not provide us with updates during the long night maintenances, so OneLetter had to do that).
    It might even be something stupid like some high muck-a-muck calling a meeting and firing Michael in a fit of pique when he couldn't physically attend.

But regardless of the reason, I still feel he was one of the best CMs we ever had, and definitely cared the most about the game and players. And I fear that, if that was the reason he was let go, then our next CM is sure to be an apathetic bureaucrat.
    "We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us" excuse the unintentional "racism" I'm appearently spewing out of my butt with, and yes I'm looking for my MAPLE DADDY LOLOLOL that's it bro, real mature, a "father figure" if you must. Nah how about someone who knows a little bit about businesses/coding/general comp knowledge and not be a child in the eyes of the majority of still long-playing-loyal members. You can act like I'm bashing him all you want, think my example of a perfect community manager is unreal, good for you bro. Maybe if we had better/more adequate/responsive/understanding/not LYING managers, (regardless of freakin ethnicity). Who were not only experienced with "Mapling alone" but knew how the game worked in much deeper aspects. all I know is good riddance and keeping optimistic for future.

• Liege_LelouchLiege_Lelouch
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    I've only been playing Maple for a little while but you could tell he really cared and tried his best, Pretty sad honestly.
    SpaceHamster
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

"We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us" excuse the unintentional "racism" I'm appearently spewing out of my butt with, and yes I'm looking for my MAPLE DADDY LOLOLOL that's it bro, real mature, a "father figure" if you must. Nah how about someone who knows a little bit about businesses/coding/general comp knowledge and not be a child in the eyes of the majority of still long-playing-loyal members. You can act like I'm bashing him all you want, think my example of a perfect community manager is unreal, good for you bro. Maybe if we had better/more adequate/responsive/understanding/not LYING managers, (regardless of freakin ethnicity). Who were not only experienced with "Mapling alone" but knew how the game worked in much deeper aspects. all I know is good riddance and keeping optimistic for future.

And what would your dream CM do with all that knowledge?

Also, a CM who doesn't lie? No such animal. Especially working for Nexon. They absolutely must lie, if only by omission and evasion, as KThxBaiNao did.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

"We get it.

And what would your dream CM do with all that knowledge?

Also, a CM who doesn't lie? No such animal. Especially working for Nexon. They absolutely must lie, if only by omission and evasion, as KThxBaiNao did.
    Sir I don't think its quite hit you fully yet, you are the DreamCM in the flesh, you are my dad in other words
  • MasumuneZMasumuneZ
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    That guy seemed to be the only.one effectively communicating between nexon and the community and you guys got rid.of him....
    SpaceHamster
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hello all,

I wanted to inform you KThxBaiNao is no longer employed by Nexon America. We appreciate all of the time and knowledge he provided to our team during his time here, and we wish him all the best in all future endeavors.

In the interim, you may see some other members of the MapleStory team posting news and updates, and commenting across all of our social media accounts.

As always, for any Customer Support concerns, you can file a Support Ticket at https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us

Thank you.
    Can you please leave us a note about the black friday incentive prizes, and the winners for the 5th skill MS Paint contest. I was not able to find any information about the exact date on which these actions were going to be taken.
  • SeippoSeippo
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Is Nexon serious?KThxBaiNao was the only employee to actually interact with us...We're all doomed now,R.I.P.
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    Reactions: 855
    edited December 2016
    If you guys sacked him you're utterly the worst. He was the best GM who actually cared about us and bridged the gap between developer and community. I wish all the best to him, I hope he finds a successful career in a place that doesn't treat him like trash. (Yes, we know how things are done at Nexon HQ and it's obvious why your games loosing players).
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    This is disappointing to see.

It really grinds my gears to find out that a community manager attributing to change and positive progression has left Nexon. MapleStory and Nexon America needs someone who is like Girasol, who is like Artasi, who is like @KthxBaiNao to harmoniously create an environment for productive change.

Now, I know Nexon reads every comment laid out on these forums. As you can see, this community manager had contributed to a great deal of positive change. To let go of someone so beloved in the community is one of the toughest act a company has to make. Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, it was wrong to do so. The moral within the MapleStory community was so positive prior to this issue.

Michael was definitely one of the most dedicated CMs. Having him change the communication between players and corporate was extremely refreshing. Instagram, Twitch, Youtube, and Forums were all controlled by this multitalented man and yet, the unfortunate events that have proceeded thus far deem detrimental to community moral.

• Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited December 2016
    Sam016
    Sam016 said:

Maybe related to this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5gocuh/lost_motivation_to_continue_playing_thanks_nexon/

Either way if Nexon got rid of him, it's the worse decision they could do...
    That website has a lot of irrelevant illegal activity that Nexon(NA) doesn't want any part in with. So in other terms he overstepped his duties, but in all honesty it was a trust issue. "You can't spread our devs info onto any 3rd party site", I highly doubt he would ever spill devs codes to 3rd party sites.

We know who's paranoid.

Kylehell007