[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you feel about the V coin limits?

goraterongorateron
Reactions: 815
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hi-five boxes can only give up to 30 coins a day, santa boxes only up to 10 coins a day after maintenance. What do you think about the max. 40 v coins per day? Do you think this is a bit low? Do you mind it? Do you think it should be raised? Mind you, the packs in the v coin shop cost 900 coins each, purchasing and upgrading the vengeful ring to +20 would cost you 10 +20 * 60 = 1210 v coins, which would take 1210/40 = 31 days from now (obviously, most of you have already gotton one and upgraded it a bit already, but still) Doesn't this seem slightly absurd? Even if it'd be like this right from day 1 of the events, let's say both lasted actual 31 days. You couldn't miss a single day to get the ring fully upgraded, because you would be missing coins. And you can't buy anything else either. Seems a bit absurd to me.
deadend5193

Comments

• CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited December 2016
  • TokiTokiTokiToki
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    It's even worse considering the boxes that give 30 per day are retiring on the 15th.

Not sure what to expect now. I'm pretty sure no one at Nexon actually plays this game and they're literally doing everything they can to drive Maplestory to the ground so they can finally get rid of it.
    IDontKnowWhatMyNameIsJSyraX
  • goraterongorateron
    edited December 2016
    TokiToki
    TokiToki said:

It's even worse considering the boxes that give 30 per day are retiring on the 15th.

Not sure what to expect now. I'm pretty sure no one at Nexon actually plays this game and they're literally doing everything they can to drive Maplestory to the ground so they can finally get rid of it.
    It's starting to feel like this to me too. So basically after the 15th, you can only get 10 coins a day, which is absurdly low. 40 is already absurdly low considering the shop prices.

Dnaman101
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    TokiToki
    TokiToki said:

If they really wanted to drive it into the ground, they should sell the game to Zynga!
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    Meh.. pretty much confirms how disconnected Nexon is, always has been, and always will be.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    They do this pretty much every coin event so meh I am used to it, Sure I don't like it but it's not even worth complaining about it anymore it never does anything.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    In a word? Angry.
  • goraterongorateron
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Meh.. pretty much confirms how disconnected Nexon is, always has been, and always will be.
    Can't be said shorter.
    chaoscauser

They do this pretty much every coin event so meh I am used to it, Sure I don't like it but it's not even worth complaining about it anymore it never does anything.
    Let your voice be freaking heard. YOU'RE THE CUSTOMER. CUSTOMER IS KING
    Nexon should LISTEN to its community, and I don't see that happening since they just fired their freaking CM. I don't know what's up with Nexon, but it's up to no good.

• AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    Want chairs, damage skins, and mounts? That's 6280 coins right there excluding the random damage skin box which would be another 1,120 coins minimum assuming you get all skins exactly once (which is not happening).
    Are you a new or returning player and need the rest of the things in the special tab? That's another 1650 coins for you to farm and many established characters would still need some of the items totaling at 1200 coins.
    Say you want to buy upgrades from the scroll tab to up your range, that's 4650 coins you'll need to farm.
    Scrolled Vengeful ring is another 1320 coins excluding cubing which is variable, but will probably cost in excess of a thousand coins for unique.

10 coins a day for the next 20 days is 200 coins

I don't know how many coins the other events give, but it must be a lot for over 15k coins worth of purchases in the shop right?

For the 1 and a half days the boxes gave unlimited coins, even funded players were barely able to get 2000 coins. Extreme outliers with over 200% in drop gear, 2x drop cards, kanna and bishop mules, and wolf familiars should in no way justify a total cap of 200 coins for the rest of the playerbase. Many of whom were too busy to participate in the event.
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    is it even possible to reach 1200 V Coins anymore?
    If you do the math, V Boxes allow up to 30 V Coins a day, and Santa Boxes, 10 a day.

40(coins) x 30(days) = 1200
    But here's the problem, the V Boxes are going to be gone on the 15th which means we'll be stuck with 10 a day.
    I really hope that the "10" was a typo and they forgot an extra zero to "100" since the boxes are more common than the V Boxes.

It would be impossible to get the Vengeful Ring + any additional stuff we may want since the Coins themselves are Untradeable instead of Movement within same account.
    If it could be moved between storage, then it would be improved since we can farm 40 coins per character.
    OR, remove the cap and just lower the drop rate? like seriously? More proof why Nexon doesn't play their own published games, they make these changes and don't realize that it pretty much makes the event pointless, they better lower the Vengeful Ring from
    1200 > 800 or something. (which they aren't)
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Posting this here too, because logic is helpful and Nexon clearly doesn't use theirs.

There's zero logical reason for a daily coin limit AND purchase limits in the shop. Both prevent abuse. One limits our ability to get all the things we want and instead forces us to prioritize the one or two things we really need. That would be the daily coin limit. There's no need for a coin limit. At ALL. All it does is annoy the entire user base who can no longer get all the damage skins and chairs. Or complete a single Vengeful Ring.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It is Christmas season, and Nexon doesn't even care in pleasing their players. Nothing in the store was game breakable... cubes would probably make the equips temporarily cheaper in non reboot worlds and help people that can't get that much nx to upgrade their equips... Nexon, Nexon, even with all the you do you still get profit from this game, imagine if you cared..
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Im not sure what is happening, but I dont seem to have this limit? Im gathering boxes right now and Im still getting more than 10 coins.
    gorateron
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    MachoDanshaku

Im not sure what is happening, but I dont seem to have this limit? Im gathering boxes right now and Im still getting more than 10 coins.
    You mean, you were? Game is down right now dude.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited December 2016
    This is ridiculous, weren't the santa boxes originally suppose to have limit of 60. Because they messed up, now they will ruin the event for everyone else
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    MachoDanshaku

Apparently there's a glitch where if you get more than 10 coins before hitting the limit you can still farm. I opened in excess of 200 boxes with no coins since I hit the limit exactly.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    MachoDanshaku

shiu dun make nexon ''fix'' that shop items are alr expensive enought
  • LonfyreLonfyre
    Reactions: 975
    edited December 2016
    What's jarring to this whole situation is they did not even give an explanation as to why they are using such a minuscule coin cap or why there is even a cap at all when they could have adjusted the coin reward rate or possibly removed the 3 and 5 coin drop options from the pool.

To me this is just another sign that whoever is in charge of dictating events and how the mesh with the game flow is completely disconnected from the player community. The boxes drop at a rate that clogs inventories, and a cap of 10 coins makes them virtually worthless in the grand scheme of things (you will only receive 230 more coins from them). On top of that, the V boxes are set to expire on with the 5th Job Advancement quest in 1 week, meaning we will only get about 210 more coins from those boxes (unless a replacement box is introduced).

On the reboot server, the "Goal" item is the Vengeful Ring (many people have already obtained it) and next "season" (5th Job Advancement Patch), the coin shop is set to introduce new items including the return of the Jewelcrafting Event ring. Unless a steady, reliable, and fruitful method of obtaining V Coins is introduced, then we will only see a repeat of the Ricecake Event in terms of horrifying grind times being required to actually complete events. This feels like poor design and will inevitably lead to people missing out on event rewards not for lack of effort or availability, but for what is strictly RNG.

Player morale is dropping rapidly, people are feeling discouraged from playing the game when you generated a great deal of hype over the past few months with a steady stream of player engagement and agreeable content. Once respect from your player base has been lost, it will be far more difficult to win it back.
    sparebladedeadend5193
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Im on
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

MachoDanshaku

You mean, you were? Game is down right now dude.
    Im online, mate :O