[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Kanna hackers every where and every channel

Comments

• SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2018
    K_O_A_L_A wrote: »
    Howdy. I have just returned to maplestory global after 10 years. I just leveled a Kanna up to 190 and I enjoyed it for a spell. I am completely legit and intend to stay so. What constitutes a another player as being a "hacker"? seriously what are the tells? Not simply playing a Kanna

Your're right! A hacker could be any class, any skin, and any name. I just talked to someone a little while back about the person forced to have a number name. Numbered names linked to hackers, and I had to pause and think. Back in the past, I remember I got reported a lot because in the past because any warrior people saw was a hacker. Than it was mages and soon.... (It's a cycle!)! We get to a point that you do more wrongful reporting that right. And boy was that a crazy time.

Only reason I have a numbered name (i.e #0000) is because of an old account and they were taking character names I guess away from inactives, and when I logged in, that's what I got, but I can't change it without paying $15 I suppose.
  • ilikepieuknowilikepieuknow
    Reactions: 730
    edited October 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    If they actually banned all the botters the games population would probably decrease by 70% in one day if not more. KMS doesn't have a botter problem at all. This has been a long standing problem in GMS. I can report them and hours later, I can go back to the infected maps and the same botters are still there. They will fill up an entire maps channels, but I am told that if I legitimately hunt there with them on the screen to collect a familiar, a monster for my encyclopedia, or to fulfill a quest that I can be banned but yet the botters remain unpunished. Why do the consequences punish the player but the business of botting is as lucrative as it has ever been? You have to ask yourself why that is to understand what is really going on in this game.

KMS doesn't have botter problem? I'm korean and I am just laughing at this... KMS is filled with botters.. almost every single channel in arcane river has a botter lol Now the Koreans are pissed because KMS just released a magnetic pet because it helps the botter more.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Spuddy wrote: »
    Howdy. I have just returned to maplestory global after 10 years. I just leveled a Kanna up to 190 and I enjoyed it for a spell. I am completely legit and intend to stay so. What constitutes a another player as being a "hacker"? seriously what are the tells? Not simply playing a Kanna

Your're right! A hacker could be any class, any skin, and any name. I just talked to someone a little while back about the person forced to have a number name. Numbered names linked to hackers, and I had to pause and think. Back in the past, I remember I got reported a lot because in the past because any warrior people saw was a hacker. Than it was mages and soon.... (It's a cycle!)! We get to a point that you do more wrongful reporting that right. And boy was that a crazy time.

Only reason I have a numbered name (i.e #0000) is because of an old account and they were taking character names I guess away from inactives, and when I logged in, that's what I got, but I can't change it without paying $15 I suppose.

Hi Spuddy! I did see your message on my thread as well! I do have a question to ask? I know you cannot remember the Gm's name you spoke of, but if it's been this long, you might want to contact them again (They are human, and there could be a chance he/she honestly forgot). I still don't believe you should pay $15 dollars, but the moderator might be right about the time. You should try to remember as best as you can and give them at least one more contact before resorting to buying. And try to list out your pros and cons for Keeping/ maybe deleting your character/paying the $15 to change your name. I am sorry. I am not good help to you, but that is the best advice I can give. If I was in your situations, I would have deleted my character and create a new name (or keep it as a mule and move on with a new character). But you are not me, and I am not always the person with the best advice. I wish you luck!
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited October 2018

Hi Spuddy! I did see your message on my thread as well! I do have a question to ask? I know you cannot remember the Gm's name you spoke of, but if it's been this long, you might want to contact them again (They are human, and there could be a chance he/she honestly forgot). I still don't believe you should pay $15 dollars, but the moderator might be right about the time. You should try to remember as best as you can and give them at least one more contact before resorting to buying. And try to list out your pros and cons for Keeping/ maybe deleting your character/paying the $15 to change your name. I am sorry. I am not good help to you, but that is the best advice I can give. If I was in your situations, I would have deleted my character and create a new name (or keep it as a mule and move on with a new character). But you are not me, and I am not always the person with the best advice. I wish you luck!

No problem! Just got my account to 170 after having some serious lag issues but all is well. Gonna contact them now and see if that cant be done, I mean 15 is no big deal to me overtime, I can live with the name I got until then if that happens to be the way it is. Do you have an account on Scania at all?
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately,not. I lost that account long ago. I reside in Renegades now.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    If they actually banned all the botters the games population would probably decrease by 70% in one day if not more. KMS doesn't have a botter problem at all. This has been a long standing problem in GMS. I can report them and hours later, I can go back to the infected maps and the same botters are still there. They will fill up an entire maps channels, but I am told that if I legitimately hunt there with them on the screen to collect a familiar, a monster for my encyclopedia, or to fulfill a quest that I can be banned but yet the botters remain unpunished. Why do the consequences punish the player but the business of botting is as lucrative as it has ever been? You have to ask yourself why that is to understand what is really going on in this game.

I wish we had a GM like you.
  • MS9000MS9000
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2018

There are actually a number of reasons why hackers use Kanna and making sure they are indeed hacking/botting is very easy, here are some guide lines:
    1. bots wont respond to you if you talk to them.
    2. bots USUALLY have names made from a random string of numbers and letters.
    3. bot Kanna's will usually spam the teleport ability without moving to teleport randomly anywhere in the map.
    4.sometimes bots use a hack that teleport's all monsters to them and that's VERY easy to notice.
    5.bots will usually spam the same abilities over and over again.
    6.bots and especially Kanna's almost never jump and if they do its usually very impercise and random or they use ladders/ropes.

Hope this helped!
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Regarding the KMS no hacking, I sincerely doubt that there's absolutely 0 hacking however it's much much much rarer than how often you see them in GMS.

The sole reason is you lose everything if you get caught and banned in KMS.

There is no "delete hackers" button, there's a moral conflict between not getting caught or never being able to play again. That doesn't exist in GMS because it's so easy to create a new account.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited November 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Regarding the KMS no hacking, I sincerely doubt that there's absolutely 0 hacking however it's much much much rarer than how often you see them in GMS.

There is no "delete hackers" button, there's a moral conflict between not getting caught or never being able to play again. That doesn't exist in GMS because it's so easy to create a new account.

Then why don't we have it here in GMS as well?
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2018
    KMS doesn't have the same hacker problem as GMS because they require stringent identity verification before allowing a player to have an account, meaning if they hack they get banned and are no longer able to make an account because their identity is flagged. SO unless they commit identity theft, they can't get another account with which they could hack on. In GMS all you need is an email address, and hackers have automated programs that easily create and manage hundreds of email accounts, and when one gets banned, they simply make a new email account and continue. Nexon could "easily" wipe out a lot of hacking by enacting similar identity verification requirements in GMS, but they would lose a huge portion of their American playerbase as a result if they did that, as American's have laws that protect their right to privacy and won't easily accept a requirement to give out sensitive personal information just to play a game, not to mention most parent's wouldn't be willing to provide their children's personal information to a private business based overseas just so they could play an online game.

Outside of that, no. It would not be easy to eliminate hacking, no matter how good your game is, its still a computer program, and computer programs cannot easily determine whether or not the commands they are given come from a human or other software.

Machine learning is probably the primary anti-hack of the future, basically an AI that evaluate the behavior of a client to determine if the actions are human behavior or are too precise and consistent to be human. Of course, eventually hackers will just make bots that behave more like humans, making mistakes and behaving with less precision and speed.
    Fuhreak
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited November 2018
    MS9000 wrote: »

There are actually a number of reasons why hackers use Kanna and making sure they are indeed hacking/botting is very easy, here are some guide lines:
    1. bots wont respond to you if you talk to them.
    2. bots USUALLY have names made from a random string of numbers and letters.
    3. bot Kanna's will usually spam the teleport ability without moving to teleport randomly anywhere in the map.
    4.sometimes bots use a hack that teleport's all monsters to them and that's VERY easy to notice.
    5.bots will usually spam the same abilities over and over again.
    6.bots and especially Kanna's almost never jump and if they do its usually very impercise and random or they use ladders/ropes.

Hope this helped!

7. Will also dissapear into the cash shop when another person appears in the map :P (sometimes though, not always)
    Not every Kanna is a hack\bot but a good portion use that job for (im guessing) the Haku spell spam and all that which just annihilates everything on the map with no chance for anyone else to do anything. Not much we can do other than report the living bejeezus out of them lol
    Traveler5577
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited November 2018
    By the way, just coming back to say.. there's specific times that I've learned, that the hack-bots appear in certain spots. Like at 6 PM (EST) there was 80% of channels in Scania full of bots in the Aqua road map before Pianus' cave. Since I farmed Pianus for a bit, that's what I noticed, and the same at certain aps at El Nath and near Zakum or Papulatus.

Just wanted to point that out, and also a bit of direction if you wanted to go on a bot-reporting spree. ;)
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2018
    By the way, just coming back to say.. there's specific times that I've learned, that the hack-bots appear in certain spots. Like at 6 PM (EST) there was 80% of channels in Scania full of bots in the Aqua road map before Pianus' cave. Since I farmed Pianus for a bit, that's what I noticed, and the same at certain aps at El Nath and near Zakum or Papulatus.

Just wanted to point that out, and also a bit of direction if you wanted to go on a bot-reporting spree. ;)

Bro, I truly feel sorry to tell you this but I haven't reported a hacker for atleast 5 years now.
    I came to an conclusion that it's absolutey, 100% useless! it truly is!

So basically, if you're reporting hackers, you're wasting your time, and time is money (or mesos :P), which means that reporting hackers = wasting time/money.

My advice is, do not report any hackers/botters, it's a complete waste of time.
    Even if you chat a GM about some hacker, with proofs, screen shots, video, etc, the hacker might get banned, but there are too many hackers out there and no one is going to do this to every single hacker, lol.

If we really wanna get rid of hackers, there are only one team that can do it, and that's nexon themselves.
    Football5
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    -snip-

Please don't advocate for people to not report hackers just because you can't personally see the direct impact it has.
    Maplestory is a video game. The entire point of it is to waste time.
    DarkPassenger
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    -snip-

Please don't advocate for people to not report hackers just because you can't personally see the direct impact it has.

I actually agree with him about it.

I've been reporting hackers for so long before (I am no longer report hackers) and yet, no one of them has ever got banned...
    So it's definitely wasted my time.

Unfortunately, it took me a while to learn this lesson... (that reporting hackers is really useless and a waste of time).
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    BBQTime wrote: »
    L4d2jpn wrote: »

Then why don't we have it here in GMS as well?

Starry answered it but it's due to accounts being tied to SSN (IIRC). Due to the fact that we are a global service we can't also use SSN as there are other regions that don't have it.

I'm for some other form of two step auth, but that's up to Nexon in the end and how they want to handle it.
    Football5 wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    -snip-

I actually agree with him about it.

I've been reporting hackers for so long before (I am no longer report hackers) and yet, no one of them has ever got banned...
    So it's definitely wasted my time.

Unfortunately, it took me a while to learn this lesson... (that reporting hackers is really useless and a waste of time).

Each report does do something. It seems like it doesn't do much because the names are so random and so similar and they are still doing the same thing.

For example, Henesys advertisers have different names every couple of days from what I notice which would mean the original account was banned but another one took it's place. So reporting will show to nexon that, "hey we still have a problem". Regardless of whether you report it or not, the issue may not be solved but if you report at least there's a record that can be brought back up that hey, there's a botting problem. If no one reported anything, that's when on paper nexonNA can go out to the public and say "we have no botting problem because there are no more reports", even if every channel is just full of botters.

Whether you specifically want to report or not or think it's useless is up to you, but they are a company that goes off of records/reports. If people aren't complaining, then the problem doesn't exist. So even if you think it's useless, I wouldn't advocate for everyone to stop doing it.
    DarkPassengerFuhreak
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2018
    kanna hackers now are disappearing of the game , now the new hackers are DUAL BLADE ARK and BLASTERS HACKERS ... note apart people botter spam in the towns and in free market ..., now w is the sgt step ? nerf arks and dual blades whit blasters?? , the memo recenty on kanna and kishin for my opinion is ridicul why the game do years have the problem of the lag in general whit hackers, anyone remember the channels glitchs ? channels delays by dupe in general of hackers? ...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    ruth02 wrote: »
    kanna hackers now are disappearing of the game , now the new hackers are DUAL BLADE ARK and BLASTERS HACKERS ... note apart people botter spam in the towns and in free market ..., now w is the sgt step ? nerf arks and dual blades whit blasters?? , the memo recenty on kanna and kishin for my opinion is ridicul why the game do years have the problem of the lag in general whit hackers, anyone remember the channels glitchs ? channels delays by dupe in general of hackers? ...

Dual Blade Hackers? that's a strange choice to hack with. In what server are db hackers popping out in?
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited November 2018
    Just stop complaining and just accept the fact that this is just how it is. With so many botters, u can actually get epic pot scroll, innocence scrolls and CS scrolls for cheap prices on AH. If u complain too much, the only changes devs r gonna make r the ones that hurt legit players while doing zero dmg to hackers. And that is if u can even get them to make any changes in the first place. Most of time, they just ignore
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Just stop complaining and just accept the fact that this is just how it is. With so many botters, u can actually get epic pot scroll, innocence scrolls and CS scrolls for cheap prices on AH. If u complain too much, the only changes devs r gonna make r the ones that hurt legit players while doing zero dmg to hackers. And that is if u can even get them to make any changes in the first place. Most of time, they just ignore

It's sad but true... nexon will never take care of hackers/botters :(
This discussion has been closed.