[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arwoo's Ride Stops Here - Farewell MS Community

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Longest roller coaster I've been on with an awkward ending. Fits the awkward start of my ride though yeah? I've spent a number of years working with various communities and by far, MapleStory has been the most difficult and most rewarding.

Everyone here at Nexon will be the first to tell you that I'm terrible when it comes to making analogies, so I'm going to borrow one that the community frequently used to describe their relationship with MapleStory. This community was the best abusive relationship that I will forever hate to love.

For me, in the two years I got to spend with all of you, I’ll forever recall all the moments where it felt like everything was game over. I’ll regret the many times where I could not help all of you. I’ll remember all the laughs you’ve given by memeing the hell out of me. I won’t forget the times where this community gave us their genuine gratitude despite our hardship.

MapleStory community, you have all come a long way and I want to thank you all for letting me grow with you. You’re one of the most helpful towards new and returning players. You’re some of the most skeptical and critical towards game changes. You’re all the most dedicated and passionate community that the PC gaming world will ever see. It sounds impressive, but it should be a given as many of us grew up with MapleStory's over a decade long journey!

All I have left to say is that I’m going to miss you all. I know that the feeling might not be mutual from every single one of you, but like I said from the start, this community was the best abusive relationship that I will forever hate to love.

Swing by today's livestream to see me off and meet your new CM Ghiblee at 2:00 PM PST today

MapleStory stream channel >> https://www.twitch.tv/maplestory

Y2qWZeh.png

*Years from now*

“So I heard you were the CM for MapleStory? What was that like?”

“Oh man. . . brace yourself for one hell of a story”
FennekinSam016CatharanthuschaoscauserThatBaldyRennischolar624MageOfBattlesNXACuddlesShadowParadoxand 3 others.

Comments

• supermikysupermiky
    Reactions: 620
    edited January 2019
    I'm sorry to hear that. Goodbye, Arwoo. You were a cute Slime that stood by my side. =w=
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Reactions: 1,460
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    You could say it was a hell of a... MAPLE story!
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    it's not friday tho

jk, I know I gave you a lotta crap, but I still think overall you did a pretty good job as CM.
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for all your help! Especially with regarding hackers
    Wish you the best of luck for the future :)
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited January 2019
    woops double
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

I expect a combat roll out of your final stream
    ArwooShadowParadoxKuronekonova
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited January 2019
    Arwoo, you are a great personality and it was nice to meet you. Good luck with the next step in your life. And welcome Ghiblee to the game, I hope you don't get eaten alive by the players... <3
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited January 2019
    Honestly, I'm really going to miss having you as our community manager.

My first impression of you might not have been great, but over time you really changed my mind, especially during the past year. I appreciate your help in bringing back the Erda set due to the bugs it had on release, and also helping to make obtainability rates public for things such as Marvel Machine, Gachapon, and Surprise Style Boxes. I occasionally pestered you with requests or concerns, but though most things were not in your control, you were always considerate and sympathetic and tried to help with what you could.

While I'm on MapleStory mainly for the cosmetics, I found it really cool to have a fellow Angelic Buster as our community manager, and I learned a bit more about how to play AB from watching some of your streams.

Thank you for being our community manager for the past two years. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
    Arwoo
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    LF> an Arwoo NPC

You spoiled us with your swag and care.
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • OMGyoutrollOMGyoutroll
    Reactions: 120
    bye arwo :[
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2019
    Agh, it's always sad to see CMs go. We all really appreciate your care and effort towards the community. I hope you enjoy your new position!
    Arwoo
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    DEATHLESS DAMIEN WAS A BUST.

HOMEBOY GOT YOTE HARD

C84Ddoj.jpg
    Arwoo
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for being a great community manager Aru, I wish you the best of luck in your next adventure!

For those who missed the stream and want a feels trip! https://streamable.com/yrusl

ArwooKuronekonova
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2019
    Farewell old feathered friend.

It's been 8 crazy/cringy years working with you.

I remember I plucked you from another community and stuck you under my wing. You were still a little chick... but now you have grown up and left the nest. Wishing you the best of luck on your next adventure.
    ArwooGhibleescholar624Kuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    NXACuddles wrote: »

I remember I plucked you from another community and stuck you under my wing. You were still a little chick... but now you have grown up and left the nest. Wishing you the best of luck on your next adventure.

Eight years what
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    NXACuddles wrote: »

Eight years what

It's possible he was working at Nexon long before he became a CM.
    Either that or he's using the wrong time-frame meme.

Farewell Aru, these last 30 years were something else.
    ArwooKuronekonova
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    LF> an Arwoo NPC

You spoiled us with your swag and care.

8vCRMXy.png Wish granted. @Daxterbeer

Ill miss you Aru. I hope we will meet again, and I wish...I had gotten to touch your glorious hair. If I ever make it big in the CM world...Ill always remember you.
    Kuronekonova
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2019
    Later days, Live Long and Prosper
  • FoodFood
    Reactions: 1,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Arwoo, it was nice having you as a community manager. After watching today's livestream, it was obvious that you're going to have a hard time letting go of the Maple community. I'm sure the community feels the same way about letting you go as well. I remember when you first introduced yourself by saying "Ahoy!" but I had no idea who you were. Once you started to do live streams, I became well aware of who you were. I enjoyed watching your live streams, and how you tried to connect with the Maple community. It is sad to see you go, it really is. I wish there was a way where we could keep in touch with you after you leave Nexon. Good luck on your journey! >_<
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    you will be missed Arwoo, Hopefully our New CM has a large Pair and won't let the Korean maple story manager's wash away global maplestory's uniqueness by brute force. Stand and fight and protect the feature's of our version of maplestory NEW CM! Don't let em touch our pottable badges/attack speed cap break/ and gollux/sw gears. That stuff is worth fighting for!
    Kuronekonova