[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

[Contest] Maple Fashion: Design Story

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited August 2017 in Contest Rules
OT5zW0D.png

The dress up element is strong in MapleStory and that's because of our seemingly endless wardrobe.
As part of our road towards introducing new Outfits to the community, we will be holding a contest to give Maplers a chance of introducing new equipment cover designs as well!

Read up on all the details below before submitting your entry to this thread:

How to Enter:
  1. Create your own template or download the template here: http://imgur.com/a/cBnWt
  2. Draw your outfit design on the template. All variations of the poses provided on the template must be covered (we accept both digital and traditional art)
  3. Post your completed outfit here in this thread. Be sure to explain your entry in detail.
Please note that you should be very clear in your description of each individual item. This means if your entry has a cape, hat, top, bottom, shoes, and gloves, you should state each piece and make sure they're visible.

Requirements & Rules:
  • You're entering an outfit, not a single cover equipment piece. You're not required to draw a cover for every slot of equipment, but the bare minimum should be a hat along with an overall, or top and bottom.
  • Only one (1) entry can be submitted per person. This means you cannot submit an entry for both males and females unless the single outfit entry is stated as unisex.
  • No explicit content. Submission of images with themes of violence, drugs, nudity, and other offensive content is subject to disqualification and potential account ban.
  • Do not use the apparel of licensed characters from other games or anime in your artwork.
  • All submissions become the property of Nexon. All designs received in this contest may be published, modified, and reused by Nexon in any medium.
Judging:
Our panel of judges includes members from the Nexon Community and Production team. We will go through the entries at the end of the contest and select the top 10 outfit designs. After our selection process has concluded, we will create a separate thread where the community may cast their vote. The top 3 designs with the most votes will be crowned the winners. All outfit deigns will be shared with our game team, but we cannot promise that the winning designs will be made in-game.

Contest Duration: August 18th 2017 - September 18th 2017
DeputyDerpy2Pro4YouTwizzzlersSqueakJoTheWeirdoShiyumiSamaLohdyNibboWizardBeau

Comments

• TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I literally cannot draw but I tried my best!

I hope you guys like the creation!

The Solar Eclipse Outfit!

TDP6cDQ.png

H3xVYx2.png

The Story: Once in a lifetime maplers got a chance to see a Rare event happening on Aug 21, 2017. It was called the Solar Eclipse that changed people understanding about science. It is the perfect outfit to wear in maplestory. It shows a wonderful memory to our generation and to others as well. We as maplers will get another chance to see another one happening on Apr 8, 2024. Sit back Relax and enjoy a beautiful memory.

Items:

- Solar Eclipse Hat - A hat that shows you were at the Solar Event.

- Safety Solar Glasses - Caution! use glasses to protect your eyes from the solar rays. Remove when stated!

- Solar Face Accessory - Wear this and you will be part of the eclipse!

- Solar Earrings- A beautiful earring that represents the moon!

- Half Solar Cape - Showing a half solar exclipse. Don't worry you wont miss it!

- Eclipse Shirt - Wouldn't be cool to show your friends that you took part of the event.Show your friends the Eclipse!

- Solar Sun Gloves- A glowing glove to wear it would be like your glowing in the sky.

- Shiny Star Pants- Stars, Stars Everywhere. These pants glow like shiny stars in the night sky.

- Rocket Moon Shoes- Ever wanted to be up close to the eclipse. You can literally fly up and enjoy the show.

More to be Announced!!! 8/22/17
    DekeloniDeputyDerpy2012Dude4ya6969lolz6969marylouboo
  • BirnteyBirntey
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Masquerade Queen Outfit
    G3bFEAG.jpg
    WAjaq0I.jpg
    6QVZXw7.jpg
    wFiAPn0.jpg

I thought it would be nice to have a more elegant outfit for Maplestory because most outfits are mostly just cute/cool. This outfit is for the queen of a masquerade ball that includes the commonly "royal" colors of yellow, red, and black. If she was a character she would definitely be roaming around Lachelein.

SrMHR1N.jpg?1

Hat (the crown) - Royal Masquerade Crown
    Face Accessory (the mask) - Royal Masquerade Mask
    Overalls (the dress) - Royal Masquerade Ball Gown
    Gloves - Royal Masquerade Gloves
    Shoes - Royal Masquerade Heels
    Cape - Masquerade Feathers
    Weapon - Masquerade Fan - has black/yellow/red feathers when swung
    TwizzzlersDeputyDerpyxKiiChanCookieCorgiDarkpoison64DazedClawStaffDreamWeaver
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited August 2017
    does making your char look like hayato count? w/ cape w/ mist cutter and etc
  • DadevilslayaDadevilslaya
    Reactions: 850
    edited September 2017
    _X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_ HAUNTED HOST HALLOWEEN SET _X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_
    _____________________________(PLAYER: SPOOKLY - WORLD: REBOOT)___________________________

Description: October is slowly creeping up and with October comes HALLOWEEN!!! Halloween is all about scares, treats, monsters, and most importantly, COSTUMES! Yes you need a nice outfit! Even better, get yourself an outfit for your Halloween party that you want to host so much! This outfit is unique and yet simple! A host needs a proper tuxedo and my outfit has all the necessary parts of a tux but with a spooky twist! Plus you get a sweet mask that will SpOoK your guests, a hungry hat that feeds on their souls, an ominous dark shadow with spooky eyes to follow you around to scare off unwanted visitors, and uh... some pants that could use a bit of a fixer upper but they will work for the night! Hooked yet? Dont lie, I know you are!

Outfit Parts
    • Sinister Mask
    • Poorly Bandaged Dress Pants
    • Ominous Host Tuxedo Top
    • Carnivorous Hat
    • Lurking In The Night Cape

Item Descriptions:

Sinister Mask: (Face Accessory) This unusual smiling mask seems to be reeking of demonic energy. The eye glows blue and seems to resemble an oddly colored flame. The jaw moves up and down which simulated the players monstrous breathing. When the player attacks, the jaws open wide and scream its dreadful battle cry as one of a banshee!

Poorly Bandaged Dress Pants: (Bottom) Well it looks like you don't have any good dress pants for your tuxedo. OH! I have idea, take your old ones with the holes in it and attempt to patch them up! Oh? Eh.. Well you tried. What is that medical tape? I guess that will do, your guests will arrive any minute. At least it comes with a sweet skull belt! Oh? That's bandaged too... great.

Ominous Host Tuxedo Top: (Top) Now this overall is simple yet decorated specifically for All Hallow's Eve! The bow tie is a freakish little bat that flaps its wings will wrapping itself around your neck. There is a pocket watch hidden inside your coat pocket but the chain is revealed with a little skull on the end that moved back and forth. The tuxedo is low cut that is pitch black with a tail on top of a dark blue vest on top of a lovely white dress shirt.

Carnivorous Top Hat: (Hat) Uh Oh! You don't want this creature on your head! Or do you? Yes this a living hat that wants to feed! Careful with this hungry top hat, once you put it on, you cannot take it off. Try if you dare! This hat is made of 100% possessed leather and *cough* if allowed, I hope for this to be the first cash shop hat that comes with a skill. The skill allows the hat to feed on you draining your HP to zero while giving you a buff that lasts 30mins. The buff would give 30+ M. Atk and W. Atk. (But this is just a thought... Cool downs apply)

Lurking In The Night: (Cape) AH! WHAT WAS THAT!?!? WHATS OVER THERE!?!? Oh thats just your cape... A cape with dark fall shadowing you everywhere you go. Eerie eyes watch your every movement. The eyes blink and when they do, new eyes appear and change positions all around you giving an illusion that you are surrounded. Spooky huh?!

(Final Art )
    w7d1me.jpg
    (Without Cape)
    Hat_Mask_Top_Bottom.png

XXCHAOZzZCookieCorgiDazedJoTheWeirdoThonerSilentHollowkrskDreamWeaverrepeat
  • 6969lolz69696969lolz6969
    Reactions: 590
    edited August 2017
    The Grizzly set

Ever want to feel the ferocious power of an apex predator, while also wanting to feel adorable? Then the Grizzly set is for you!

gL7FINT.png

cwfnqgc.png
    Items:
    1. Grizzly Cap: hat cover
    2. Grizzly Jaws: Face Accessory Cover
    3. Grizzly Suit: Overall cover
    4. Grizzly Paws: Shoe Cover
    5. Grizzly Claws: Weapon/Gloves Cover
    TwizzzlersDazedmarylouboo
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    The Grizzly set

Ever want to feel the ferocious power of an apex predator, while also wanting to feel adorable? Then the Grizzly set is for you!

gL7FINT.png

cwfnqgc.png
    Items:
    1. Grizzly Cap: hat cover
    2. Grizzly Jaws: Face Accessory Cover
    3. Grizzly Suit: Overall cover
    4. Grizzly Paws: Shoe Cover
    5. Grizzly Claws: Weapon/Gloves Cover

Looks Cute! Goodluck!!
    6969lolz6969CookieCorgi
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    design_by_kittystar123-dbkzoud.png

Cotton Candy Outfit

There is no such thing as too much kawaii. No. Such. Thing.

Items:
    Hat- Candy Ribbon (Disclaimer: Not made for human consumption)
    Top- Fluffy Heart Sweater (Soft and fluffy, like a cloud!)
    Bottom- Pink and Blue Tutu (It's tutu cute!)
    Cape- Ridiculously Huge Bow (Extra big for extra cuteness)
    Shoes- Loose Socks (Nothing says "stylish" like ill-fitting socks)
    Earrings- Ribbon Earrings (It's a ribbon! On your ear!)
    TwizzzlersStalkyNeurobeatSafaMSJoTheWeirdoDeputyDerpyxKiiChanCookieCorgiDazedRenniand 9 others.
  • PullaSaurusPullaSaurus
    Reactions: 550
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    B9VYEPM.png

JettLuvsUHoneyWater
  • DarkZodiackDarkZodiack
    Reactions: 420
    edited August 2017
    Ninja Advantage Outfit
    Who doesn't want an awesome ninja outfit. Well now you can be that cool ninja.

ILvtRpG.jpg

Equips

Hat Morning Run Band

Top Advantage Top

Gloves Heavy Leaf Gloves

Bottom Advantage Bottom

Shoes Silent Walkers

Cape Night Wind Scarf (Causes a dark shadow effect)

Earnings 3 Star Earrings

sz9a9Yo.jpg
  • LohdyLohdy
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited September 2017
    A design inspired by Neapolitan ice cream colours, also known as harlequin (multicolour) ice cream! It's a unisex outfit.

3eyMyIS.jpg
    OoJQqgQ.jpg

Neapolitan Harlequin Set
    Hat: Neapolitan Wig
    Overall: Neapolitan Pullover
    Shoes: Neapolitan Sneakers
    Cape: Neapolitan Hearts

DZ2i0Pp.jpg
    SqueakkrskPeekAtChuDazedbjyRenniDrakonisNibboFreundThatGuyZennyand 5 others.
  • PuripuffPuripuff
    Reactions: 520
    edited August 2017
    maplestoryaliendesign_by_novabuns-dblwy1o.png
    The new Arcana map inspired me to make an alien fashion design C: I thought this would go nicely with all the unatural skintones we have.

Hat - Alien antenna's
    Overalls - Alien overalls
    Gloves - Alien gloves
    Shoes - Alien knee high boots
    (Your fashion is out of this world!)

UPDATE:
    (Added the official template)
    msdesign_by_novabuns-dblwy0h.jpg
    Neurobeatstarflower1220JoTheWeirdoDeputyDerpyDazedHHG1Renni2Pro4YouDisco3maryloubooand 2 others.
  • jahnestajahnesta
    Reactions: 370
    edited August 2017
    sPfgaZ.jpg
    bjhRBL.jpg
    LYKeaf.jpg

First Mapler on the Moon <3

ZERO GRAVITY SET

HAT: Maple Astronaut Helmet
    OVERALL: Maple Astronaut Overall
    CAPE: Maple Astronaut Backpage (equiped aura space & zero gravity while resting)
    BOOTS: Maple Astronaut Boots
    GLOVES: Maple Astronaut Gloves
    WEAPON: Optional Nation Flag Weapon

Greetings from México!
    DazedxKiiChanHHG1Neurobeat2Pro4YouDisco3marylouboo
  • JaaaysJaaays
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    z1b6vBE.jpg

MS Flash 2017
  • CookieCorgiCookieCorgi
    Reactions: 625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    21013380_1851481981548103_1287615116_n.jpg?oh=8d36c9f5831353b66bb0e007fce72b48&oe=599F9691

21040815_1851481991548102_1820698870_n.jpg?oh=1e53cb2cd302cc9e189a660f664dc9f5&oe=59A0591C

I love Evan and his story reminds me of a book series I read in the 5th-6th grade called the Inheritance series. I've also loved dragons in general so it would be really cool to see more dragon armor like the Kaiser in game.
    Descendant of the Onyx Set(unisex)
    Hat: Onyx Beret
    Overall: Evan's Suspenders
    Cape: Onyx Stardust Cape(Creates ancient Onyx Wings effect when equipped!)
    Weapon: Draconis Messiah
    DazedJettLuvsUscholar624
  • satalitesatalite
    Reactions: 610
    edited August 2017
    ocs.pngmeme_png.png

Spring Leaves Hat- After dozing for so long, you got some stuff on your head!
    Spring Jade Earrings- Definitely wasn't stolen from Elves!
    Slumbering Dragon Overalls- Snnzz- I'm awake, I swear...
    Slumbering Dragon Cape-A trail of leaves? In your house? It's more likely than you think!
    Rugged Traveling Shoes- Not the most cleanest, but they sure are durable!
    Rugged Traveling Gloves- Conceal, don't feel, don't let them kn-[smacked]

Notes: This was a design I really wanted since, maybe 3 years ago? I really like the outdoor-sy appearance and with maplestory, it just seems so fitting to have a "traveler" look like Tumbleweed from the Vulpes. Why dragon? I don't know either.

**The tail is a part of the cape, and the armband is part of the overalls ^^)/
    ***intended to be unisex
    NeurobeatCookieCorgixKiiChanJettLuvsUClawStaffkrskDrakonisNibboThatGuyZennyHachuand 1 other.
  • ShunxShunx
    Reactions: 380
    edited August 2017
    tumblr_ov614dzNhL1srt7ago1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ov614dzNhL1srt7ago2_1280.jpg

EYEWEAR: Black&Orange Full Cover Eye band
    EARRINGS: UnderG- Cross-ing
    TOP: UnderG- Orange Sweater + Fish Nets
    CAPE: UnderG- B/W Cross Belt Harness
    BOTTOM: White Shorts
    SHOES: UnderG- B/W No Lace High Tops + Fish Nets
    GLOVES: Fish Nets

NOTES: Unisex design. The design is influenced by Japanese underground fashion, suitable for the badass maplers out there.
    DazedNeurobeatJoTheWeirdoJettLuvsUNibbokrskrepeatHachu
  • DazedDazed
    Reactions: 2,050
    edited August 2017
    My Art "skills" are poo... :#

Galaxy Cat Outfit

8v5pTxZ.jpg
    hM6JMH5.jpg

Hat-Galaxy Cat Hood
    Overall-Galaxy Cat Pajamas
    Cape-Galaxy Cat Tail
    Unisex

Cats are life, the Galaxy is beautiful and pajamas are comfy. :|
    xKiiChanmaryloubooStéphyKingofFurriesStalkykrskThatGuyZenny
  • AnnAnn92AnnAnn92
    Reactions: 330
    edited August 2017
    Sorry the image didn't appear ******* Here's another post ><

Glove - Fairy Bracelet : A bracelet infused with magic to increase defense.

Hat - Glory Daisy : Experience the power of flower with daisies! All stats +5

Top - Leafy Leaves : Go wild with nature! Comfortable yet Eco friendly.

Bottom - Green Comfy Skirt : Who says skirts lessen the adventure? Get comfy with green.

Cape - Cloudy - A happy cloud that'll keep you company.

Shoes - Vines of trees - Once equipped, these tree vines will wrap up perfectly upon contact with your feet.

Earrings - Cresent starlight - The stars now twinkle for you. Charm +30 once after equipped.

***For Females only ^^
    etwEQhi.png

JoTheWeirdoDreamWeaverThatGuyZenny
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited August 2017
    lzAiC3W.png

*UNISEX DESIGN*

Items in outfit:
    • Hat: Erda Hood - (Raging Erda) antlers/horns glow; optional glow on hood's rim
    • Face Accessory: Kawaii Face Mask*
    • Cape: Erda Cloak - (Sad Erda); scarf & cape combined
    • Top: Erda Sweater - (Raging/Sad Erda) floppy sleeves
    • Bottom: Erda Tights - (Raging/Sad Erda) tights, a.k.a. sock pants
    • Shoes: Erda Blaze - (Blazing Erda) leaves behind a trail of blue flames
    • Weapon: Erda Lantern - (Tranquil/Lantern Erda) when attacking, lantern is unhooked and sent flying, then flies back shortly onto the "hook"

This outfit design is quite obviously inspired by Erdas from Vanishing Journey maps. I tried to go for a whimsical yet fashionable design that worked together as a whole, as well as separately. Therefore, users could probably mix and match these items with other outfits. I hence showed each item by itself and in layers to display their potential. I personally would love to wear these items both individually and as a set, so I'm really hoping my entry gets a chance.

By the way, this was based on a quick doodle I made for fun back in December last year.
    1vD5NFw.png

Edit (Aug. 24): Fixed the image to include all required poses. Old image below.
    C4oP9eN.png

*Edit (Aug. 28): The face accessory was supposed to be a joke, but a fellow alliance member (I SEE YOU TSU) wants it to be included, so here's my attempt at pixelizing it:
    M2LHhDy.png
    PuripuffBirnteyxKiiChanDazedJoTheWeirdoOxiyMoronTimidNeurobeatKlaraGuaseand 31 others.
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited August 2017
    All good now. :3
This discussion has been closed.