[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Like the lasers and that one jump in B1 are too cheap.

Speaking of B1 I figured instead of dealing with the freaking lasers I'd just walk back on the conveyor belt and keep tossing the wonderoid forward. I'll tell you how it goes.

EDIT: I can 100% confirm that slowly walking back on the conveyor belt and tossing the wonderoid works and is 1000% easier than the lasers. Hope that helps people.
Agent_DragonfuryWatcherCCG

Comments

• xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited May 2017
    B4 is bad enough with the conveyor+laser+recycler...

After 25 attempts and nearly wanting to break my $150 keyboard, I quit.

Sorry, but I don't need to break my stuff out if rage when the developers go overboard with difficulty levels because they feels they can or need to.

I got a good heart from doing Gollux area and I have my Dr. Jang Android... I don't need this. Plus I have ADHD and have a very lower tolerance for horsecrap.
    VimiTemptationdeadend5193Agent_DragonfurySanctityRollsgvnalmanzakrskPirateIzzyFusaGikoand 6 others.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Like the lasers and that one jump in B1 are too cheap.

Speaking of B1 I figured instead of dealing with the freaking lasers I'd just walk back on the conveyor belt and keep tossing the wonderoid forward. I'll tell you how it goes.

Best way i found is to just teleport her to the bottom of the conveyor belt then deal with the struggle of steam vaulting XD can also try and go half laser to get to bottom of conveyor belt in b1 but...
  • MidnightLouieMidnightLouie
    Reactions: 550
    edited May 2017

Sorry, but I don't need to break my stuff out if rage when the developers go overboard with difficulty levels because they feels they can or need to.

I got a good heart from doing Gollux area and I have my Dr. Jang Android... I don't need this. Plus I have ADHD and have a very lower tolerance for horsecrap.

You too? I have ADHD and I can relate. I actually hate the fact that you have to move the Droids so they don't see things and die - Aster died twice after passing in front of things that scared her. Ugh! I hope the Pendant of Spirit reward is given after you attempt the quest for five days instead of completing it and I can buy the androids without having to rescue them because I hate jump quests.
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

You too? I have ADHD and I can relate. I actually hate the fact that you have to move the Droids so they don't see things and die - Aster died twice after passing in front of things that scared her. Ugh! I hope the Pendant of Spirit reward is given after you attempt the quest for five days instead of completing it and I can buy the androids without having to rescue them because I hate jump quests.

You cannot buy the androids without rescuing them. It's in the event description both on the website and in the game.
  • VilestromVilestrom
    Reactions: 860
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    this event is one of the worst events i've ever played, i cant do jump quests because of a physical disability, if your going to do a jump quest and have so much riding on it make it easier for people, it took me hours to get to B1 and then i couldn't even get past the steam part. please nexon do something about this
    Agent_DragonfuryVimiPissedOffShadowParadoxMaplers
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited May 2017
    Oh, you think B4 is bad do you? Wait til you get the load of horsedung that is B1. You got past the hardest part, conveyor belt with steam and you're home free right? Well sorry, you gotta effing BACKTRACK ALL THE WAY TO THE BEGINNING. This event is so full of sh3t that it's unbelievable. Plus these random "breakdowns" from the androids that forces you to go back to the beginning. I got past the steam conveyor the first time and guess what? My android got pain overload from a hangnail by hitting one of the boxes while I was taking down a guard and I had to go back to the beginning! Before that was when the android saw the disassembly line. You can never know wth is going to trigger your android. That's it. I'm done. I'm done with this horsedung event. I. Am. Done.

Listen, I get that these androids and these hearts are coveted, but there's a difference between challenging and making things unnecessarily frustrating.
    VimiRetr0_deadend5193PetalmagicAgent_DragonfurygvnalmanzakrskShippouSharinganOwnerPirateIzzyand 3 others.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited May 2017
    Yep. After nearly 4 hours, i quitted. FOUR HOURS. No minigame should take that long. NEVER.
    B1 is just...broken. I don't even know what u recieve if you complete it.
    I can't do it. My eyes hurt. My fingers are numb. Parokour /platforming in MS. Who the fk thought that was a good idea?
    VimiAgent_DragonfurykrskPissedOffWatcherCCGMaplers
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    The least they could do is add save points after each level, and/or a SKIP option after you fail it too many times (which was lifesaving during the Black Heaven flying minigame).

There's just no way I can beat that rescue mission for any of the androids with my sanity intact.
    Retr0_deadend5193ArhousAgent_DragonfuryIvangoldSanctityKlaragvnalmanzaPissedOffShadowParadoxand 2 others.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited May 2017
    And to add insult to injury...

You can't do the Investigation part without completing Rescue at least once.

Good job Nexon... Remind me again why I DON'T spend money on this game?
    Agent_DragonfurykrskSharinganOwnerVimiPissedOffWatcherCCGMaplers
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    yup... can't even pass B4
    Agent_DragonfuryPissedOffWatcherCCGMaplers
  • DrymusDrymus
    Reactions: 350
    edited May 2017
    An event should not 100% rely on jump quests to be eligible for a reasonable reward. A large portion of the player base is unable to complete them. And the fact that only Wondroid Androids can use the event hearts is just adding insult to injury.
    deadend5193Agent_DragonfurykrskWatcherCCGMaplers
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited May 2017
    "Earn Aspire Commemorative Coins that you can exchange with NPC Alec, located in your hideout. Each time you successfully rescue a Wondroid, it becomes an NPC in your hideout. You will also unlock the ability to purchase that model from the coin shop."

For the love of god, please don't tell me i have to complete that infernal jump quest to buy the android i want. Please. Don't.
    Agent_DragonfuryVimi
  • VilestromVilestrom
    Reactions: 860
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    "Earn Aspire Commemorative Coins that you can exchange with NPC Alec, located in your hideout. Each time you successfully rescue a Wondroid, it becomes an NPC in your hideout. You will also unlock the ability to purchase that model from the coin shop."

For the love of god, please don't tell me i have to complete that infernal jump quest to buy the android i want. Please. Don't.

sorry bud, thats exactly it.
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »

Ok i won't, but the truth is you do
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I feel that it's wrong to lock an entire event behind a jump quest.
    Especially a tough jumpquest.

I thought it was only me, since I absolutely suck at jump quests. But I'm seeing that a lot of people have extreme difficulty with this one, and I don't think events should be like that.

I think that if you're going to put content - even an event - behind a jump quest, it needs to be either easy or have a way to skip or grind your way through it (like the Gollux prequest jump quest, where you can do just the first step 100 times, if you can't get through the entire JQ).
    Agent_DragonfurykrskpepeVimithatplantShadowParadoxWatcherCCGMaplers
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Please make the investigation stage and purchase of the androids available without completion of the jump quest, or at least after a certain amount of tries. This is just way too difficult for most players.
    deadend5193Agent_DragonfurykrskShadowParadoxWatcherCCGMaplers
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Event is not worth doing, if you have to do a silly jump quest combined with a tag system android. I'm not a fan of jump quests and don't think it's worth going through all the effort for just a couple untradeable androis/hearts. Sad thing is it was the only good part of this patch, rest was absolutely underachieving, this event is ruined for me now.
    Agent_DragonfurykrskVimiPissedOffWatcherCCGMaplers
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I want to see Nexon competent staff completing this jump quest on stream.
    deadend5193SeerowAgent_DragonfurySlicedTimeBahamut_XKlaragvnalmanzakrskRetr0_Shippouand 7 others.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    The event would not be so hard if the dang damage done by everything minus the mobs did not OHKO you its stupid to then eject you back to the stair well to slog up those steps and do it all over again like it was said before a check point would be greatly needed cause doing this another 14 times to get the event rewards is going to have some people break a few keyboards/controllers.
    Agent_DragonfurykrskVimiShadowParadoxMaplers
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited May 2017
    Games are supposed to be fun... I'm not having fun with this jq. Devs didn't really think this one through. Now we've had two disappointing events in a row. Would have been much better if it were around the level of the BFF jump quest or slightly harder. Instead this is all pain.
    deadend5193Agent_DragonfurygvnalmanzakrskSharinganOwnerVimithatplantPissedOffMaplersGoldAdventurer